North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Talent Pool  - Page 6 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

Talent Pool

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Talent Pool  - Page 6 Empty Re: Talent Pool

Post by KeeperCommander 11/07/17, 09:05 am

Zizou wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
Zizou wrote:Arrow Yes Then take it to the 05's forum and call it 05 talent pool. This might clear up some of your mud.
Maybe if you read for 10 years too, you would be educated in comprehension.

You might want to read the original post for the thread. Oh that might be way past your comprehension. Or maybe bring something to the conversation other than your ass-hole.
Apparently I am not very good at General Discussion, can I interest you in a smart ass comment instead.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 11/07/17, 01:32 pm

wazup wrote:So, because you saw "a couple" Rush kids out at FCD DA tryouts, you can extrapolate across the entire team?  If that's your claim, sir, you are an idiot.  For all you know, those kids were riding the pine at Rush.

And as for  whatever reason DTS girls are playing ECNL, nonetheless, the fact remains that numerous girls on that team could be playing DA for Texans, or likely a couple bumping girls from FCD or Solar.

Not arguing that FCD and Solar don't have some great talent - maybe 90% of the top 40.  Also fairly certain that a few of those girls could be replaced with better talent not playing DA.  Even if YOU ASSume that the 40 there are the best in NTX and no one in NTX could replace them, there is no doubt in my mind that well more than 6 on the Texans roster could be upgraded with girls from FCD or Solar ECNL, Feet, or DTS.

While your "knowledge" may be based on FCD and Solar, you then state that the 90% of talent landed on the 3 DA teams.

Just another case of BigE over-stating the numbers..  And by the way, ever track down those $100 movie channels?

Jees -- this is getting embarrassing Wazup ...

Even after I highlight it in orange and literally spell it out, it's still incomprehensible for you.  How bout I just copy and paste it then (see below)?  We're all pullin for ya big guy ...

Granted ... My contention was very general, but all I did was make a statement based on the knowledge I have of what actually happened at Solar and FCD, plus applied a little common sense.  It is unequivocal at these two clubs (arguably the top two girls clubs in the State now and nothing suggest this will change in the near future) that 90+% of the top talent landed on the DA sides in U14s and U15s.

Regarding the Rush kids and your callow insult ... I happen to know that team very well and love those kids, but they just aren't going to be on the level of FCD or Solar sides this year.  I also know both coaches personally and have been on the sidelines with them multiple times over the past few years.

Last edited by BigErn on 11/07/17, 04:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico 11/07/17, 02:02 pm

Remember parents, BigErn is watching.

The only guy around that's kept tabs on 1000's of your daughters.
ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by kick_tha_ball 11/07/17, 04:23 pm

ElClassico wrote:Remember parents, BigErn is watching.

Him and Zizou
kick_tha_ball
kick_tha_ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/07/17, 04:28 pm

kick_tha_ball wrote:
ElClassico wrote:Remember parents, BigErn is watching.

Him and Zizou

"Buyer Beware. You have been warned."

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 11/07/17, 04:48 pm

bwgophers wrote:It will be interesting to see how all this plays out, not just in NTX, but across the country, over the next few years.

If you look at DA & ECNL, there is a lot of geographic overlap between the 2 leagues, but it's not like DA came in and just flat out pillaged all of ECNL's clubs and players.  There's 69 DA clubs and 80 ECNL clubs right now.  Of the 69 DA clubs, only 17 are clubs that dropped ECNL to join DA, and then another 14 are doing both in 2017-2108.  So <1/2 of the DA has come directly at ECNL's expense.

Agree. I guess I was trying to state that IF that small margin of clubs dual-ling or tripling in leagues are the ones that are currently leading the nation in ECNL, what will that format represent in the future.

What will be interesting to see, is that you have the USSF, who's primary goal with DA is clearly self-serving - control/dictate the development pipeline for the USYNT/WNT in order to keep them on top of the world rankings.  College coaches and the DA clubs are ancillary beneficiaries of this, but when push comes to shove, will USSF put their own interests first, or the colleges/clubs?

USSF will put their own interests first. That will help empower the DA league itself. The ECNL kids will be passed over to a degree. In the local pool for the guys, and US calls to camp ~1% are non DA kids. I would imagine that the girls side will follow suit.

I do believe that the college system will only get better down the road as a result of kids being more prepared to play a certain way. Less direct, less keeper punting, more attempts to build from the back, etc. The curriculum after a full cycle of kids should shape the scene somewhat. I believe 04's will be the first official full cycle since I didn't notice the 05's schedule represented on the site yet.
As hard as it is for JDL parents (no score, no standings, etc) to deal with, the DA will be even harder. For the younger age groups their are no standings, and the tourneys are simply showcases. It takes a bit to get used too.

I don't see DA scoring a quick knockout of ECNL, as many predict, but rather I see this going at least a few rounds... er years...

Years for sure, and in the competition of things hopefully everyone finds success somewhere.

tpitty
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 11/07/17, 05:00 pm

tpitty wrote:
bwgophers wrote:It will be interesting to see how all this plays out, not just in NTX, but across the country, over the next few years.

If you look at DA & ECNL, there is a lot of geographic overlap between the 2 leagues, but it's not like DA came in and just flat out pillaged all of ECNL's clubs and players.  There's 69 DA clubs and 80 ECNL clubs right now.  Of the 69 DA clubs, only 17 are clubs that dropped ECNL to join DA, and then another 14 are doing both in 2017-2108.  So <1/2 of the DA has come directly at ECNL's expense.

Agree. I guess I was trying to state that IF that small margin of clubs dual-ling or tripling in leagues are the ones that are currently leading the nation in ECNL, what will that format represent in the future.

What will be interesting to see, is that you have the USSF, who's primary goal with DA is clearly self-serving - control/dictate the development pipeline for the USYNT/WNT in order to keep them on top of the world rankings.  College coaches and the DA clubs are ancillary beneficiaries of this, but when push comes to shove, will USSF put their own interests first, or the colleges/clubs?

USSF will put their own interests first. That will help empower the DA league itself. The ECNL kids will be passed over to a degree. In the local pool for the guys, and US calls to camp ~1% are non DA kids. I would imagine that the girls side will follow suit.

I do believe that the college system will only get better down the road as a result of kids being more prepared to play a certain way. Less direct, less keeper punting, more attempts to build from the back, etc.  The curriculum after a full cycle of kids should shape the scene somewhat. I believe 04's will be the first official full cycle since I didn't notice the 05's schedule represented on the site yet.
As hard as it is for JDL parents (no score, no standings, etc) to deal with, the DA will be even harder. For the younger age groups their are no standings, and the tourneys are simply showcases. It takes a bit to get used too.

I don't see DA scoring a quick knockout of ECNL, as many predict, but rather I see this going at least a few rounds... er years...

Years for sure, and in the competition of things hopefully everyone finds success somewhere.

Very well put tpitty and thanks for getting this thread back on track.

The DA U13s are a 'pilot' group so I'd guess that's the reason there isn't any schedule posted.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 11/07/17, 05:13 pm

BigErn wrote:
tpitty wrote:

I do believe that the college system will only get better down the road as a result of kids being more prepared to play a certain way. Less direct, less keeper punting, more attempts to build from the back, etc.  The curriculum after a full cycle of kids should shape the scene somewhat. I believe 04's will be the first official full cycle since I didn't notice the 05's schedule represented on the site yet.

The DA U13s are a 'pilot' group so I'd guess that's the reason there isn't any schedule posted.
Several months back s similar thread was posted about colleges and what type of player they wanted. It was hammered into us that they do not want or need a skilled player. They want a fast athletic player that can score goals. I initially fought back with a skilled player will be very wanted in the college ranks but on deaf ears. Now you are saying that the DA will now all of a sudden make colleges change their strategies and go after skilled players. Oh you crafty fools. They will just go get the ECNL players now. Case solved.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 11/07/17, 05:42 pm

It took less than three seasons for ECNL to knock out LHGCL. The cost of ECNL is astronomical in comparison to other leagues. ECNL was able to get the money because the level of competition and talent was in place. Will parents continue to pay the cost for a depleted value. We will see.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 11/07/17, 06:08 pm

Is LH weaker after those 3 seasons? Yes. A knockout entails a loss. They are still alive and kicking and taking in tons of money. Will they be weaker still in another couple seasons? Yes again. But cost is not a huge issue us it. They paid it during ECNL hey day so why not keep doing it. Even top LH teams spend close to 8-9K a year with travel so what the hell.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 11/07/17, 06:12 pm

It was worth the cost in its hay day.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 11/07/17, 06:20 pm

So the same group who thought age pure will solve all the problems with American soccer is now saying a new league will do it.

Huh.

Also, who cares? No really, does your DD wake up every day taking about the league she's playing in? Does she sit around discussing how much better 3 weeks of DA has been compared to ECNL? Is she really worried about how D3 is doing in LH? 

Shouldn't the question be, "Do the three DA teams have the best 3 coaches in NTX?" Because as far as I know the coaches still develop the players.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 11/07/17, 06:38 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
BigErn wrote:
tpitty wrote:

Several months back s similar thread was posted about colleges and what type of player they wanted. It was hammered into us that they do not want or need a skilled player. They want a fast athletic player that can score goals. I initially fought back with a skilled player will be very wanted in the college ranks but on deaf ears. Now you are saying that the DA will now all of a sudden make colleges change their strategies and go after skilled players. Oh you crafty fools. They will just go get the ECNL players now. Case solved.

Case?  Are we really this daft?  

College coaches look for both the technical player and the uber athletic player ... not one or the other.

No one, including tpitty here, said that DA will "all of the sudden" change anything.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 11/07/17, 06:49 pm

BigErn wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
BigErn wrote:
tpitty wrote:

College coaches look for both the technical player and the uber athletic player ... not one or the other.

No one, including tpitty here, said that DA will "all of the sudden" change anything.

BigE should be able to solve the whole thing. Next time you're sitting on one of these top coaches lap during a game....bring these issues up and get it fixed.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 11/07/17, 07:30 pm

BigErn wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
BigErn wrote:
tpitty wrote:

Yes case.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 11/07/17, 09:09 pm

BigErn wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
BigErn wrote:
tpitty wrote:

I don't believe you were in on that conversation. Sorry you were left out. It was good thread. Perhaps you should partake of that one before you spout off.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 11/07/17, 10:06 pm

Left out huh?  Good stuff.

The thing is, you responded to my post didn't ya there KC, so ...

If you're gonna reply, how bout you address the relevant comments made regarding your college coaches and sudden changes argument, rather than deflecting?  K?  ... Thanks buddy.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 11/07/17, 10:13 pm

BigErn wrote:Left out huh?  Good stuff.

If you're gonna reply, how bout you address the relevant comments made regarding your college coaches and sudden changes argument, rather than deflecting?  K?  ... Thanks buddy.
If you happen to look back at the post several months ago jack wagon you would see what I am talking about. Let me explain again for slow class.
Several months ago the argument was athlete, athlete, athlete. College coaches don't want technical, they want big and powerful that can use the body. Now "all of a sudden" everyone just because of DA is talking about how college coaches will change to the technical player. Doesn't compute. Much like your wisdom on this matter.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by HomeStretch 11/07/17, 10:15 pm

BW said players followed their coach in deciding what league to play this year...which IMO is as it should be. Agree with db10, the quality of coach and player/coach fit trump the league acronym any day of the week. DA has some concepts that have a lot of promise, but it won't amount to a hill of beans unless great coaches buy in and execute on the plan. When the best coaches start walking away from DA to focus on ecnl, only then will I buy the argument that ecnl remains relevant beyond 5 years [for scholarship level players].

HomeStretch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by HomeStretch 11/07/17, 10:21 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:

If you happen to look back at the post several months ago jack wagon you would see what I am talking about. Let me explain again for slow class.
Several months ago the argument was athlete, athlete, athlete. College coaches don't want technical, they want big and powerful that can use the body. Now "all of a sudden" everyone just because of DA is talking about how college coaches will change to the technical player. Doesn't compute. Much like your wisdom on this matter.

Whoever told you college coaches dont want technical players and only want big bodies either hasn't talked to many coaches, lied or was pulling your leg.

HomeStretch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 11/07/17, 10:29 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:

I hear ya KC -- You were frustrated that your opinion (which was half true) wasn't celebrated by the masses several months ago.  But again, this has zero relevance to my rely to your post.  

I'm gonna challenge you Sir to simply read through the posts in full you're replying to before writing ... Both tpitty's and mine implied nowhere that "all of the sudden" DA would change anything.  In fact tpitty referenced "down the road" for Christ's sake.  You're providing zip to this forum ... having a rough day ... haven't really gotten anything right.  Hows about we (proverbial) take a lil' break to regroup.

Please and thank you.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 11/07/17, 10:53 pm

BigErn wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:

I hear ya KC -- You were frustrated that your opinion (which was half true) wasn't celebrated by the masses several months ago.  But again, this has zero relevance to my rely to your post.  

I'm gonna challenge you Sir to simply read through the posts in full you're replying to before writing ... Both tpitty's and mine implied nowhere that "all of the sudden" DA would change anything.  In fact tpitty referenced "down the road" for Christ's sake.  You're providing zip to this forum ... having a rough day ... haven't really gotten anything right.  Hows about we (proverbial) take a lil' break to regroup.

Please and thank you.
Did I call you or TP out by name and say you said a damn thing? No. So perhaps you should take a step back and remember I don't take sh@t. I made a statement to your crappy rebuttal. Said nothing to the fact of you being right or wrong or just an idiot.
Now if you don't like what others have to say, that's ok too. No one can for*ce you to be right. Just kiss Zizou on the forehead, roll over and go to sleep.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 12/07/17, 04:54 am

Wow, that comment was insensitive and completely un called for!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 12/07/17, 06:48 am

Zizou wrote:Wow, that comment was insensitive and completely un called for!
Do you need a safe space? Or can we get back to the actual thread?

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 12/07/17, 06:55 am

Here is the question inside of the question With GDA taking off and prob becoming more effective and showing its worth in the U15 and up ages, will it effect how the coaches go after players say in 5 years? No effect, little bit, will the college game start to look like Florida State style. Second question is why did it have to take DA to bring about such a thing? Riddle me that E.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 12/07/17, 08:31 am

GDA will be more effective 1. with eventually removing or considerably reducing the pay to play model. 2. 2019 FCD should get the women WPL bid giving players more than one option to further their soccer careers. 3. Intensive training and development for those players that choose to play just soccer. My opinion, DA gives players a training model preparing them for national team and international play. While trying to remove the pay to play model. The DA model at the younger ages will be useful to identify players earlier and earlier promoting them faster into the system.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next