Latest topics
FCD DA vs Solar DA '05Today at 07:49 amjm23jm
'03 Division OutlookYesterday at 08:52 pmpace_is_ace
Thoughts?Yesterday at 06:45 pmAngelinaGoalee
Top 100 Clubs ListYesterday at 06:13 pmPLAYERONE
09B Richardson/garland AreaYesterday at 03:40 pmCoachNS
Dallas Cosmos 09G Yesterday at 10:28 amCosmic Niner
Tulsa 02’ looking to guest play Yesterday at 08:52 amBWGophers
온라인경마사이트 M A 892.NETYesterday at 01:52 amnapsacirdu
온라인경마사이트 M A 892.NET 경마예상사이트 온라인경마사이트Yesterday at 01:49 amnapsacirdu
온라인경마사이트 M A 892.NET 사설경마사이트 오늘의경마Yesterday at 01:48 amnapsacirdu
인터넷경마사이트 제주경마 MA 892 점 NET 경마사이트Yesterday at 12:36 amboltiparke
경마예상사이트 사설경마사이트 MA 892 점 NET 경마배팅Yesterday at 12:33 amboltiparke
인터넷경마사이트 사설경마사이트 MA 892 점 NET 경마배팅Yesterday at 12:31 amboltiparke
인터넷경마사이트 M A 892 점 NET 사설경마정보Yesterday at 12:04 amlaspatarka
인터넷경마사이트 MA892 점 NET 서울경마예상Yesterday at 12:02 amlaspatarka
인터넷경마사이트 M A 892 점 NET 사설경마사이트Yesterday at 12:01 amlaspatarka
인터넷경마사이트 경마배팅사이트 MA892.NET 오늘의경마18/02/20, 10:03 pmyerzenirza
인터넷경마사이트 경마배팅사이트 MA892.NET 오늘의경마18/02/20, 10:01 pmyerzenirza
인터넷경마사이트 ㈜ 서울경마예상 ㈜ MA 892.NET 오늘의경마18/02/20, 09:11 pmjiknuparki
인터넷경마사이트 서울경마예상 MA 892.NET 오늘의경마18/02/20, 09:06 pmjiknuparki
일본경마사이트 % MA 892.NET # 경마배팅사이트 # 온라인경마18/02/20, 08:31 pmmayduboltu
온라인경마 경마베팅 MA 892.NET 일본경마18/02/20, 08:23 pmmayduboltu
온라인경마 경마베팅 MA 892.NET 일본경마18/02/20, 08:22 pmmayduboltu
인터넷경마사이트 온라인경마 MA/892.NET 온라인경마18/02/20, 08:19 pmmayduboltu
온라인경마사이트 인터넷경마사이트 MA892.NET 온라인경마18/02/20, 07:55 pmzumlohurto
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Talent Pool  - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 14120 registered users
The newest registered user is monicacarter

Our users have posted a total of 195917 messages in 27761 subjects

Talent Pool

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Talent Pool  - Page 2 Empty Re: Talent Pool

Post by KeeperCommander on 09/07/17, 03:50 pm

db10 wrote:$1800 for the season + $500 for fields + $625 for the bye.
So one could derive that if you are playing LH you are receiving a great deal. If you are playing JDL you are paying the same fees to club and they are paying out less. So Cha Ching for them. You have to think that if you are playing both then you are receiving the best overall deal. Wonder if they are paying for JDL out of pocket.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1664
Join date : 2013-09-30

Back to top Go down

Talent Pool  - Page 2 Empty Re: Talent Pool

Post by soccerdivahmom22 on 09/07/17, 04:13 pm

So LHGCL is getting $2925 per team....and let's look at just ONE age bracket shall we...so with D1 and D2 that's 28 teams X $2925... WOOOO so for one age bracket in LH they rake in $81,900. WOW.

soccerdivahmom22
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 39
Points : 1385
Join date : 2016-06-19

Back to top Go down

Talent Pool  - Page 2 Empty Re: Talent Pool

Post by 05KeeperDad on 09/07/17, 04:23 pm

don't worry about revenue numbers until you also look at field costs, referees, insurance, overhead, etc...

It's still a business, made for profits.

It's not crazy or it wouldn't be in such demand.

05KeeperDad
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 6
Points : 3544
Join date : 2010-06-14

Back to top Go down

Talent Pool  - Page 2 Empty Re: Talent Pool

Post by CBTeamworks on 09/07/17, 04:37 pm

LOL at some who feel that DA is a huge level above ECNL. Newsflash: DA doesn't get all the kids that they want. DA requires a significant level of sole dedication and investment in a single activity while excluding all other opportunities and experiences (like school sports, etc...) Some kids and families just don't want to play DA. That leaves a significant talent pool in ECNL. DA is slightly better than ECNL in talent but significantly better in perception.
CBTeamworks
CBTeamworks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 361
Points : 2787
Join date : 2013-08-12

Back to top Go down

Talent Pool  - Page 2 Empty Re: Talent Pool

Post by soccerdivahmom22 on 09/07/17, 04:40 pm

05KeeperDad wrote:don't worry about revenue numbers until you also look at field costs, referees, insurance, overhead, etc...

It's still a business, made for profits.

It's not crazy or it wouldn't be in such demand.

I realize that there are other costs involved but until now I never really thought about how much money they were raking in. $700,000+ which is a lot...Not worried just amazed at large cost of doing business.

soccerdivahmom22
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 39
Points : 1385
Join date : 2016-06-19

Back to top Go down

Talent Pool  - Page 2 Empty Re: Talent Pool

Post by KeeperCommander on 09/07/17, 04:44 pm

soccerdivahmom22 wrote:
05KeeperDad wrote:don't worry about revenue numbers until you also look at field costs, referees, insurance, overhead, etc...

It's still a business, made for profits.

It's not crazy or it wouldn't be in such demand.

I realize that there are other costs involved but until now I never really thought about how much money they were raking in.  $700,000+ which is a lot...Not worried just amazed at large cost of doing business.
oh please they give $10,000 in scholarship money each year. Very Happy

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1664
Points : 4033
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Talent Pool  - Page 2 Empty Re: Talent Pool

Post by Big Ern on 09/07/17, 10:31 pm

CBTeamworks wrote:LOL at some who feel that DA is a huge level above ECNL. Newsflash: DA doesn't get all the kids that they want. DA requires a significant level of sole dedication and investment in a single activity while excluding all other opportunities and experiences (like school sports, etc...) Some kids and families just don't want to play DA.  That leaves a significant talent pool in ECNL. DA is slightly better than ECNL in talent but significantly better in perception.

Like you CBT, we thought this ^ would be the case, but as much as it seems you'd like it to be true, it just didn't work that way --

The level between the DA and ECNL sides locally at U13-U15 aren't close ..... at all.

And since we're all adults here (might be a reach), how bout we leave the use of "LOL"s and "Newsflash"es to our daughters ... K?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1120
Points : 3156
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Talent Pool  - Page 2 Empty Re: Talent Pool

Post by Foxysoccermom on 09/07/17, 11:14 pm

BigE's in depth knowledge is always so enlightening and informative. Trust what he says he has an inside track. He's the mistress of several doc's. "Lol"
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 720
Points : 1893
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Talent Pool  - Page 2 Empty Re: Talent Pool

Post by KeeperCommander on 10/07/17, 07:18 am

BigErn wrote:
CBTeamworks wrote:LOL at some who feel that DA is a huge level above ECNL. Newsflash: DA doesn't get all the kids that they want. DA requires a significant level of sole dedication and investment in a single activity while excluding all other opportunities and experiences (like school sports, etc...) Some kids and families just don't want to play DA.  That leaves a significant talent pool in ECNL. DA is slightly better than ECNL in talent but significantly better in perception.

Like you CBT, we thought this ^ would be the case, but as much as it seems you'd like it to be true, it just didn't work that way --

The level between the DA and ECNL sides locally at U13-U15 aren't close ..... at all.

And since we're all adults here (might be a reach), how bout we leave the use of "LOL"s and "Newsflash"es to our daughters ... K?
Just trying to be clear with what you are trying to say. Are you saying that the U13-U15 DA's are better than the ECNL? Or vice versa. And that it's not even close.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1664
Points : 4033
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Talent Pool  - Page 2 Empty Re: Talent Pool

Post by Guest on 10/07/17, 08:13 am

Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with Big E on this one. OMG! I just threw up in my mouth! Just kidding Big E, you know I love ya. Speaking on the upcoming u15 season (03's). There is a significant separation in the level of talent overall.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Talent Pool  - Page 2 Empty Re: Talent Pool

Post by ElClassico on 10/07/17, 08:39 am

Cleansheets wrote:Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with Big E on this one. OMG! I just threw up in my mouth! Just kidding Big E, you know I love ya. Speaking on the upcoming u15 season (03's). There is a significant separation in the level of talent overall.
You mean, based on girls you know of leaving ECNL for DA you assume the level of talent is much better, correct? Because nobody has played a game with the new rosters and there hasn't been but 3 to 4 weeks of practice so there hasn't been a way of seeing them in action. 

Also is there a "significant separation" of talent from girl to girl or is it a theory based on the assumption the best players from the 5 ECNL teams now make up the 3 DA teams?
ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 360
Points : 2487
Join date : 2014-05-01

Back to top Go down

Talent Pool  - Page 2 Empty Re: Talent Pool

Post by Guest on 10/07/17, 08:53 am

Yes you are correct for the most part. This is my opinion based on what I have seen on my DD's respective team/club. Having a base knowledge of who is playing where, who is moving where and watching DA and ECNL tryouts/practices. Is my opinion a little presumtive? probably, however I feel it will bear itself out this next season.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Talent Pool  - Page 2 Empty Re: Talent Pool

Post by Guest on 10/07/17, 08:58 am

Also, I do think the top talent has migrated to DA, for the most part. Sure there will a few exceptions here and there because of the discussed reasons. Again only speaking for my DD's team. They did not lose any players because of strict DA restrictions.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Talent Pool  - Page 2 Empty Re: Talent Pool

Post by KeeperCommander on 10/07/17, 09:16 am

For the 03's this is probably spot on. Given the fact that these girls do not have a number next to their name stating where they stand in relation to another, it's also very speculative. However I agree with Clean on this.
For 05's and perhaps the 04's this will be less true. 04's might actually have an upper hand as far as DA percentage. Maybe 60/40.
The 05's is far less than that. Given the top team and players still play for Texans ECNL and FCD had to find players that couldn't make it at their present club, it's hilarious to think the top players chose DA this year.
Will next year be different? Yes I think the percentage will jump. Even for the 04's. The 00's and 01's? May not change much. In fact many that already have oral commitments will just ride it out with their team. Of course that is just my thoughts.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1664
Points : 4033
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Talent Pool  - Page 2 Empty Re: Talent Pool

Post by TxFutbal on 10/07/17, 09:28 am

SWINGIT!! wrote:Well cost is the same for JDL teams as LH teams. With half the games. So who grabs that extra money?

How is JDL half the games as LH? For 1st year select LH teams play 19 games. JDL plays 18 games. Please show your math

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 413
Points : 1699
Join date : 2016-09-11

Back to top Go down

Talent Pool  - Page 2 Empty Re: Talent Pool

Post by Guest on 10/07/17, 09:32 am

I don't disagree with KC at all, especially his take on both the younger and older age groups

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Talent Pool  - Page 2 Empty Re: Talent Pool

Post by KeeperCommander on 10/07/17, 09:44 am

Going back a few posts. Is that $2950 correct. I know LH charges for each season and bye. Never heard of the field charge of $500.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1664
Points : 4033
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Talent Pool  - Page 2 Empty Re: Talent Pool

Post by TxFutbal on 10/07/17, 09:48 am

There is a facility charge for both LH and JDL. From an admin perspective, JDL is the same cost structure as LH.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 413
Points : 1699
Join date : 2016-09-11

Back to top Go down

Talent Pool  - Page 2 Empty Re: Talent Pool

Post by ForReal on 10/07/17, 09:50 am

KeeperCommander wrote:Going back a few posts. Is that $2950 correct. I know LH charges for each season and bye. Never heard of the field charge of $500.

Yes, there's a $500 field charge.  Here's a link to the fees:  http://www.girlsclassicleague.org/page/show/1211589-league-fees-2017-2018

Here's JDL Fees: http://www.jrdevelopmentleague.com/fees

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 554
Points : 3412
Join date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Talent Pool  - Page 2 Empty Re: Talent Pool

Post by KeeperCommander on 10/07/17, 09:54 am

ForReal wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:Going back a few posts. Is that $2950 correct. I know LH charges for each season and bye. Never heard of the field charge of $500.

Yes, there's a $500 field charge.  Here's a link to the fees:  http://www.girlsclassicleague.org/page/show/1211589-league-fees-2017-2018

Here's JDL Fees: http://www.jrdevelopmentleague.com/fees
Would love to get my hands on that P&L statement.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1664
Points : 4033
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Talent Pool  - Page 2 Empty Re: Talent Pool

Post by PLAY2FEET!! on 10/07/17, 09:57 am

TxFutbal wrote:
SWINGIT!! wrote:Well cost is the same for JDL teams as LH teams. With half the games. So who grabs that extra money?

How is JDL half the games as LH?  For 1st year select LH teams play 19 games.  JDL plays 18 games.  Please show your math
I didn't mean half literally. Just fewer.
I was only able to find 14 games for 05 JDL teams.

__________________________________________________
When everyone is super, no one will be!
Syndrome

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 512
Points : 3818
Join date : 2011-03-28

Back to top Go down

Talent Pool  - Page 2 Empty Re: Talent Pool

Post by TxFutbal on 10/07/17, 10:10 am

Probably due to rainouts. If you do the math, each JDL team plays each other twice (once in fall and once in spring). If there are 10 teams in JDL each team plays 9 games in fall and 9 games in spring for total of 18. Now some teams may choose not to play each other for a variety of reasons like tournament conflict or other league conflict but there should be 18 games on the schedule

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 413
Points : 1699
Join date : 2016-09-11

Back to top Go down

Talent Pool  - Page 2 Empty Re: Talent Pool

Post by ForReal on 10/07/17, 10:14 am

TxFutbal wrote:Probably due to rainouts.  If you do the math, each JDL team plays each other twice (once in fall and once in spring).  If there are 10 teams in JDL each team plays 9 games in fall and 9 games in spring for total of 18.  Now some teams may choose not to play each other for a variety of reasons like tournament conflict or other league conflict but there should be 18 games on the schedule

05s only had 8 teams.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 554
Points : 3412
Join date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Talent Pool  - Page 2 Empty Re: Talent Pool

Post by KeeperCommander on 10/07/17, 10:18 am

ForReal wrote:
TxFutbal wrote:Probably due to rainouts.  If you do the math, each JDL team plays each other twice (once in fall and once in spring).  If there are 10 teams in JDL each team plays 9 games in fall and 9 games in spring for total of 18.  Now some teams may choose not to play each other for a variety of reasons like tournament conflict or other league conflict but there should be 18 games on the schedule

05s only had 8 teams.
I thought they supplemented with some OK or STX drivel.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1664
Points : 4033
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Talent Pool  - Page 2 Empty Re: Talent Pool

Post by ForReal on 10/07/17, 10:25 am

KeeperCommander wrote:
ForReal wrote:
TxFutbal wrote:Probably due to rainouts.  If you do the math, each JDL team plays each other twice (once in fall and once in spring).  If there are 10 teams in JDL each team plays 9 games in fall and 9 games in spring for total of 18.  Now some teams may choose not to play each other for a variety of reasons like tournament conflict or other league conflict but there should be 18 games on the schedule

05s only had 8 teams.
I thought they supplemented with some OK or STX drivel.

TSC Beattie came down and played 2-3 teams one weekend.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 554
Points : 3412
Join date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Talent Pool  - Page 2 Empty Re: Talent Pool

Post by ForReal on 10/07/17, 10:36 am

KeeperCommander wrote:For the 03's this is probably spot on. Given the fact that these girls do not have a number next to their name stating where they stand in relation to another, it's also very speculative. However I agree with Clean on this.
For 05's and perhaps the 04's this will be less true. 04's might actually have an upper hand as far as DA percentage. Maybe 60/40.
The 05's is far less than that. Given the top team and players still play for Texans ECNL and FCD had to find players that couldn't make it at their present club, it's hilarious to think the top players chose DA this year.
Will next year be different? Yes I think the percentage will jump. Even for the 04's. The 00's and 01's? May not change much. In fact many that already have oral commitments will just ride it out with their team. Of course that is just my thoughts.

Is it confirmed that DTS finally elected ECNL?  If so, the 05 Texans DA team would probably struggle against every 05 ECNL team.  And since the Kicks are ECNL, I'd suggest that 05 ECNL will be stronger from top to bottom than the DA teams (before you go off, Solar and FCD will have good DA teams and I'm not suggesting they aren't better than most of the ECNL teams).

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 554
Points : 3412
Join date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Talent Pool  - Page 2 Empty Re: Talent Pool

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum