North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

07 LH QT - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

07 LH QT

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

07 LH QT - Page 3 Empty Re: 07 LH QT

Post by centre 24/07/17, 09:50 am

unknowingmom wrote:
wittymgr wrote:
Axel Foley wrote:Also FCD- JDL Red(Webb) took their physicality to another level with red cards and punches thrown? affraid
Pretty sure that punches were thrown by one player on each team. Both sides were shown red...

What game was this?

http://events.gotsport.com/events/schedule.aspx?EventID=60629&FieldID=0&Gender=&Age=-1&MatchNumber=39

centre
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 24/07/17, 10:05 am

TheKeeper'sDad wrote:So unless the Chairman makes a different ruling the FCD player will play like nothing happened while the other girl will have to sit 2 games?  I truly believe that this type of action should be punished by the coaches also. What are the odds of these 2 coaches setting an example (I don't know either coach personally)?

Webb?  Unless her coaching style has changed substantially in the past few years - ZERO

Punches is a short step beyond the garbage I have seen her teach - grabbing arms of opponents running past, pulling jerseys, running people from behind, encouraging contact away from the ball, etc., well beyond naturally physical play.

It's not a foul if the ref doesn't see it, or call it.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 5050Ball 24/07/17, 10:33 am

SickofSilliness wrote:
TheKeeper'sDad wrote:So unless the Chairman makes a different ruling the FCD player will play like nothing happened while the other girl will have to sit 2 games?  I truly believe that this type of action should be punished by the coaches also. What are the odds of these 2 coaches setting an example (I don't know either coach personally)?

Webb?  Unless her coaching style has changed substantially in the past few years - ZERO

Punches is a short step beyond the garbage I have seen her teach - grabbing arms of opponents running past, pulling jerseys, running people from behind, encouraging contact away from the ball, etc., well beyond naturally physical play.

It's not a foul if the ref doesn't see it, or call it.

A punch thrown on a 10-year old Webb team. Zero surprise. This is the culture she creates and TEACHES. And has for 25 years. Great role model.
5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 24/07/17, 10:46 am

What d'ya expect? Fruit loops and ketchup don't mix well... No

Back to top Go down

Post by upper95 24/07/17, 10:56 am

wittymgr wrote:
TheKeeper'sDad wrote:How will the red cards affect each team going forward?  I'm guessing nothing will be done.
Per league rules, a VC red card is automatic two game suspension. North Texas did change the rules this year that cards and suspensions stay within the competition (with some minor exceptions, check the rules), meaning that the team remaining in the QT for week 2, the red carded player will not be able to play the first two matches. For the player that advances, there isn't anything written specifically in the rules. The A&D Chairman will most likely make a decision after the referee report is evaluated. I wouldn't call that "nothing being done"...

it is still a NTx rule that game suspensions carry over to the next scheduled game for the team, league or otherwise

upper95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermomma7 24/07/17, 11:11 am

Axel Foley wrote:Were all Solar teams mandated to carry SRSA players except Kennington and Rundell?  I bet parents from the 5 other teams loved seeing lil Suzie on the bench so Mia could play.

Also FCD- JDL Red(Webb) took their physicality to another level with red cards and punches thrown? affraid

Besides the SRSA parade of players and the MMA event at Webb's game, a snoozer of a weekend. Sleep Sleep Sleep

from what i saw the sting player pushed the webb player in the back on a dead ball, the webb player told her to keep her hands to herself, the sting player pushed her again and added a few words in there as well. the webb player then took it from there

soccermomma7
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by wittymgr 24/07/17, 11:44 am

upper95 wrote:it is still a NTx rule that game suspensions carry over to the next scheduled game for the team, league or otherwise
Check the proceedings from the most current AGM. It may not have made it into the rules on the website yet. Cards and suspensions stay within the competition.
wittymgr
wittymgr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kappa10 24/07/17, 11:48 am

The whole situation could have been avoided if the refs took control of the game. The red card wasn't the result of something Webb "teaches."

Kappa10
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by 7WhiskeyPapa 24/07/17, 11:51 am

Lake Highlands rules on their website say that red cards in last game can be referred to North Texas for further sanctions.

7WhiskeyPapa
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Foley 24/07/17, 12:01 pm

Kappa10 wrote:The whole situation could have been avoided if the refs took control of the game. The red card wasn't the result of something Webb "teaches."

Right, she doesn't want dirty play to be THAT obvious.  Many kids got pushed on dead balls this weekend, or a strong body lean at minimum.  Punches weren't thrown in the other instances.  Sounds like Webb player threw first one.
Axel Foley
Axel Foley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by unknowingmom 24/07/17, 12:07 pm

These soccer parents might need to stop giving these kids steroids, it causes adverse reactions like anger issues.
unknowingmom
unknowingmom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by yank 24/07/17, 12:21 pm

The Webb player threw punches for sure. That being said; the sting player was clearly the instigator and continued on even after being warned by the Webb player to stop it. Part of that was the ref and part of that was people on the sting side while the game is being played saying to the player don't let her push you like that "fight back". Then when the incident occurred the sting parents acted dumbfounded and appalled that such a thing could occur. SMH.

yank
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 24/07/17, 12:27 pm

Kappa10 wrote:The whole situation could have been avoided if the refs took control of the game. The red card wasn't the result of something Webb "teaches."

Agree that most of the extra-curriculars could be avoided if the referees took better control of the game.

As for this NOT being a result of what Webb "teaches" - you simply don't know that.

It's equally as likely that the Webb player had been fouling the Sting player away from the play, and the Sting player finally got tired of the nonsense ("don't let her push you like that" certainly leads one to believe this was NOT one-sided)

Last edited by SickofSilliness on 24/07/17, 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by useyourskills 24/07/17, 12:43 pm

yank wrote:the sting player was clearly the instigator

lol!  lol!  lol!  lol!  lol!  lol!  lol!  lol!  lol!  lol!  lol!  lol!  lol!  lol!

useyourskills
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Kappa10 24/07/17, 12:53 pm

SickofSilliness wrote:

Agree that most of the extra-curriculars could be avoided if the referees took better control of the game.

As for this being a result of what Webb "teaches" - you simply don't know that.

It's equally as likely that the Webb player had been fouling the Sting player away from the play, and the Sting player finally got tired of the nonsense ("don't let her push you like that" certainly leads one to believe this was NOT one-sided)

Seeing as how I watched that game, I do simply know that the Sting player initiated contact. It was the Webb player who had enough of it. Seems like most of you think the other teams can do no wrong.

Kappa10
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 24/07/17, 01:11 pm

Kappa10 wrote:
SickofSilliness wrote:

As for this being a result of what Webb "teaches" - you simply don't know that.

Seeing as how I watched that game, I do simply know that the Sting player initiated contact. It was the Webb player who had enough of it. Seems like most of you think the other teams can do no wrong.

because you were watching 100% of the interaction between these 2 players for the entire game leading to the incident (during other dead balls, when play was on the other side of the field, etc.)

so . . .

Sting player pushed Webb player in the back after dead ball for absolutely no reason
Webb player asked her nicely to stop
Sting player pushed her again and told her off
Webb player punched Sting player

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by upper95 24/07/17, 01:14 pm

wittymgr wrote:
upper95 wrote:it is still a NTx rule that game suspensions carry over to the next scheduled game for the team, league or otherwise
Check the proceedings from the most current AGM. It may not have made it into the rules on the website yet. Cards and suspensions stay within the competition.

ok.  see it now from a couple of weeks ago.  (we could open a new thread on requiring sit out of next game for 2 yellows in a game ).

There is an exception to "staying within the competition" if the misconduct occurs in last game and is severe enough to be reported to NTx for further sanctions.

A rule change such as this would be for the case, e.g., where cards in Tut are not punished in LH, or Plano, unless severe enough that NTx imposes more severe penalties.  The QT is part of the LH competition and under its A&D, so I would interpret the rule to mean that LH could penalize with a suspension during league play.

upper95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 24/07/17, 01:20 pm

This has been going on for years with Kws teams. I've watched older kids on her teams in a losing game, maliciously push players down from behind, the only intention is injury.  It's disgusting to watch. Can one imagine what it takes for a lh ref to give a red card?  

Yes someone needs to start holding a coach like this accountable....because this behavior is taught.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by centre 24/07/17, 01:26 pm

Anytime there is an incident like this (mutual punches thrown), the ref and both coaches should be brought to A&D. Sounds like there were a lot of opportunities to de-escalate that were missed.

centre
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 24/07/17, 01:34 pm

centre wrote:Anytime there is an incident like this (mutual punches thrown), the ref and both coaches should be brought to A&D. Sounds like there were a lot of opportunities to de-escalate that were missed.

Agreed. I hope the 07s keep posting encounters like this with this woman's team. If someone gets seriously injured this should go against her and the club....legally...which sadly is the only way to stop this crap.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by goscore! 24/07/17, 01:39 pm

soccerjack wrote:because this behavior is taught.

I disagree 100%
I don't believe you can teach a kid to have more aggression, more passion, to care more...Some kids are naturally more aggressive and some are just timid. I know some great skilled players that are just too darn soft & some that turn into crazy people if they are losing or were fouled (perceived or real)
So, maybe KW just prefers players with a mean streak and fills her team with that kind of player, versus telling them to behave that way.

Also, I saw what happened b/w sting & webb and there wasn't a close fisted punch lol there was shoving & an open handed slap...a lot more girlie than MMA y'all

goscore!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 24/07/17, 01:54 pm

goscore! wrote:

I disagree 100%
I don't believe you can teach a kid to have more aggression, more passion, to care more...Some kids are naturally more aggressive and some are just timid. I know some great skilled players that are just too darn soft & some that turn into crazy people if they are losing or were fouled (perceived or real)
So, maybe KW just prefers players with a mean streak and fills her team with that kind of player, versus telling them to behave that way.

Also, I saw what happened b/w sting & webb and there wasn't a close fisted punch lol there was shoving & an open handed slap...a lot more girlie than MMA y'all

Partially agree on passion - but the behavior by the Webb player doesn't appear to have surprised anyone here - because this is the type of chippy, physical, bs that KW teaches - grabbing arms of opponents running past, pulling jerseys, running people from behind, encouraging contact away from the ball, etc. - extra-curricular contact well beyond naturally physical play, intended to assault, or at least intimidate their opponent, and generally away from play (and hopefully, they eyes of the referee).

"It's not a foul if the ref doesn't see it, or call it."

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 24/07/17, 02:04 pm

goscore! wrote:

I disagree 100%

So it isn't taught it is just expected. Got it. Do they get shown footage of Tyson/Holyfield before each game? Perhaps instead of cardio they do Ju Jitsu.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 24/07/17, 02:08 pm

goscore! wrote:

I disagree 100%

It's sad to have to respond to this post. Big difference between aggression and violence. Yes you want to recruit aggressive and physical players....but when the play becomes dirty and violent and it's condoned by the coach, you have culpability on the coaches part. What's worse is the parent looking the other way.

I would strongly suggest filming the game anytime you play this team. There is s track record of this behavior in the past.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDad75033 24/07/17, 02:20 pm

I'm just happy the ref did something.

I saw game at this age where a player threw a punch to the stomach - received a yellow card that the ref signed for her after the game.  Rolling Eyes

SoccerDad75033
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by centre 24/07/17, 02:40 pm

This is not the result of passion and caring. Prisons are full of violent offenders who were passionate about things but responded poorly. Toddlers in day care are passionate and upset when another kids takes their toy. But they are taught (and they learn) that they can't react by biting and hitting the other kids.

This falls squarely on the coach(es). While most coaches don't teach this behavior, their lack of correction encourages more of it. The kids get amped up by the parents on the car ride there. It gets worse as they run up and down the sideline. If the coaches and ref do not recognize and control this, we will get incidents like these.

It's also on NTX and the leagues. If they wanted to get a handle on this, they would review the refs and coaches every time something like this happened. Suspend the parents of the infringing player for five games. If it didn't stop, the DOC or club director would get dinged. If a club accrued a certain number of infractions over X period, all teams would be suspended.

This would be easy to get a handle on if enough people thought it was a problem that needed fixing.

centre
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum