North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

LH vs FBR Results 07 July 2017 - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

LH vs FBR Results 07 July 2017

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

LH vs FBR Results 07 July 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: LH vs FBR Results 07 July 2017

Post by soccermomtx 03/08/17, 02:20 pm

CrashDavis wrote:
SickofSilliness wrote:It's not all about you, douchbag

If you take the time to scroll up to my 12:31 post, plenty of 10-year-olds could be impacted.

But I understand - everything is fair if no rules were broken.  Mad

You poor, snowflake!  I can see you have really been injured by all of this.  I suggest you find a league where everything is rainbows and unicorn farts and every little darling gets that participation trophy.  And yeah, when you google "fair" the first definition that comes up is "in accordance with the rules and regulations."

It really isn't fair if all teams don't have access to these JDL or whatnot "guest" players playing for their team when needed for qualifying, for a big game, or to keep from being relegated.

soccermomtx
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

LH vs FBR Results 07 July 2017 - Page 3 Empty Re: LH vs FBR Results 07 July 2017

Post by soccertard 03/08/17, 02:37 pm

Can we carry this conversation on the other thread with almost 16K views. That way we can get this craziness to 20K.
https://www.txsoccer.net/t36742p300-07-lh-qt
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CrashDavis 03/08/17, 02:43 pm

soccermomtx wrote:
CrashDavis wrote:

If you take the time to scroll up to my 12:31 post, plenty of 10-year-olds could be impacted.

You poor, snowflake!  I can see you have really been injured by all of this.  I suggest you find a league where everything is rainbows and unicorn farts and every little darling gets that participation trophy.  And yeah, when you google "fair" the first definition that comes up is "in accordance with the rules and regulations."

It really isn't fair if all teams don't have access to these JDL or whatnot "guest" players playing for their team when needed for qualifying, for a big game, or to keep from being relegated.  

If that is your position, then you should lobby LH to change their rules to prohibit it, because it is currently legal, and it happens every year. Every club has the same option to do the same thing. If they choose not to take advantage of that option, then that is up to them. That doesn't mean its not "fair."
CrashDavis
CrashDavis
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 03/08/17, 02:58 pm

Everyone knows Byars is Colvin's funnel and Colvin helps Byars win games and stay in LH.. nothing new people.. It's the parent's responsibility to actually have conversations with the coach and sometimes the manager if the coach is avoiding you on the plans for the season. A decent coach will tell you exactly what he is going to do and use that time to educate you on what you/your DD need to do to either hit the pitch or in most cases stay on the pitch.

Gone are the days when teams show up mano y mano with the players they signed. State Cup was a joke last year for all the young LH age groups cuz most of the JDL teams didn't go to QT.. The teams in State Cup stacked the deck with JDL players to guarantee advancement. Does it suck? Yea it does, but the good old days are long gone and ain't coming back.

You can also potentially look at it as a blessing that some of the JDL teams didn't go to QT. I know last year the 05's and 06's benefited greatly in that Sting, Solar, and in some cases FCD didn't put their JDL squads in QT.. More D1 spots for teams that weren't quite ready. Did they benefit by playing at a level they weren't quite ready for? In most cases, heck yah.. Thanks big clubs for sitting your tournament teams out of league play!

Not to beat a horse to death but wit 1st year select there are no rules or guarantees about playing time. It does not matter how much money you pay to get your kid on the team because you can't buy playing time. The girls are responsible for how much they play. Your job as parents is to watch, cheer, support, be the Uber driver, and protect them when required. Having been thru this many times, my suggestion is for all parents to throw away the stop watch because when you are watching the clock you can't watch your kid play.

'07s - chill honey bunny.. it's a long journey on sometimes bumpy roads. you wearing yourselves out before it even starts. It's too early to start drinking and blazin. You will go broke and won't be able to afford to write the check next year and get that brand new shiny $600 uniform kit with the club logo soccer ball.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 03/08/17, 03:18 pm

I feel sorry for the younger groups as the phenomenon of sharing players has reached a all time low, I mean high, what you sign up for will change through out the season to maintain a high level, with that level comes a high payment. Payment that is their to support your DA players paying reduced or zero cost. Thank you and welcome to select soccer.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by centre 03/08/17, 06:39 pm

soccermomtx wrote:
CrashDavis wrote:

"Fair" is a relative term in this situation. 17 D1 spots were taken by four clubs. It's "fair" because the rules in LH are designed to accommodate large clubs with large player pools. That's how it's been, and that's how it will be. If you cannot tolerate it, the only answer is to join one of the bigger clubs. Personally, I wish the groups that qualified were the groups that played, but the rules aren't written for that.

While it may be fair, it is often disingenuous. Team names may or may not be descriptive depending on who you're playing. If you're playing Rundell, you're playing Rundell. If you're playing Quiroz, you're playing the Solar player pool. They may as well be named Solar TBA. You just have to play with the understanding that certain teams can be measuring sticks for your program and some cannot. And let's not forget...two teams beat Quiroz in QT.

My group is situated such that I do not anticipate club passing anybody this year. We will go with who we have for better or worse. Some weeks we will play against teams, and some weeks we will play against clubs. If we see the same girl every few weeks, maybe we'll figure out a way to shut her down by April. The nice thing is we know exactly who we have and exactly what we need to do to get them better. We can't pick up the phone and order midfielder X, so we have to develop the kids we have. That is limiting but liberating at the same time.

centre
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 7WhiskeyPapa 03/08/17, 08:09 pm

Nobody is saying these actions are against the rules, and anyone focusing on the fairness to other teams in D1 is misplaced. The teams in D1 will play the other teams who make D1, no matter who they are. They are only marginally hurt by the inefficiency created by teams that should be in D3 playing in D1 while teams that are marginally better are playing in D3, but that is a really minor issue. The people hurt by it are (1) the kids playing D3 instead of D1, while a worse team is playing in D1 after getting there with players not on their typical team, (2) the kids on the Solar teams who get pushed to the edge of the bench by the Solar administration for the games that are important to the Solar organization, and (3) the kids who potentially get beat 12-0 each week in D1 who would develop better in D3 (this one will play out over the course of the year and may never develop).

In short, I don't care what they do. It doesn't really affect my daughter directly (is DD the term being used? I need to learn the abbreviations). I just find it interesting that parents are happy to let their daughters pay to sit the bench and also pay for another player to take their place just so they can say they have a daughter playing on a D1 team -- those girls certainly aren't paying to help the lower teams.

P.S. to Crash Davis -- decency and morality are not determined by whether one simply follows the rules or not. So, defending morality and decency because no rules were broken isn't really a strong argument.

7WhiskeyPapa
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 03/08/17, 09:41 pm

SickofSilliness wrote:
Disposessed wrote:
CrashDavis wrote:What "bait and switch?"  I have a daughter on one of the Solar teams that benefited from talent from Solar Colvin.  The contract I signed doesn't guarantee playing time, roster size, league affiliation, no "guest" players, or any of the other things that people are complaining about on this thread.  I agreed to pay the dues for affiliation with the club, and that is what all of you agreed to as well.  It doesn't say that you can get a refund if you don't like how things are being run.  No bait and switch.  That is what the contract said when I signed it, and that is what it says now.

Furthermore, I don't feel victimized by this move.  By choosing to spread the players from their top team around to their sister teams, Solar was able to get 6 teams qualified in D1.  That means that those 6 teams (some of them at least and my DDs team for sure) will get to play against tougher competition than they otherwise would have, and thus have the opportunity to get better.  Pretty smart move, and I for one am thrilled to have my DD in D1 rather than in D3.  

Nobody is disputing contracts.  What about decency, morality and the pretension of development?  Guess you had no problem with "If you like your doctor..."

the ends justify the means

the "opportunity" for Solar teams to play against tougher competition than they otherwise would have comes at a price - one that crash and centre clearly don't seem to care about
Only so many can play JDL. Solar sold the parents on being in LH. That being said they had to deliver. What the real question is can the teams that made it, keep it on their own. How many will remain and how many will be relegated at season end.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 03/08/17, 09:43 pm

Zizou wrote:I feel sorry for the younger groups as the phenomenon of sharing players has reached a all time low, I mean high, what you sign up for will change through out the season to maintain a high level, with that level comes a high payment. Payment that is their to support your DA players paying reduced or zero cost. Thank you and welcome to select soccer.
They need the D1 spots to get the players so they can pay for DA. Simple mathematics really.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Clusterchuck 03/08/17, 10:17 pm

OLJW wrote:It's about money. It's not unique to the 07's. Use a handful of real players to prop up fake teams. Interesting thing about fake teams, they pay real money to be there. You prop up 2 teams per age group and that puts you in the neighborhood of $100,000 per age group. Multiply that by 3 or 4 or more age groups and you're starting to have real money. Now you can afford to pay a couple of Coaches in excess of $170,000 per year for children's soccer. When you look at the big picture within that Club and see that 2 people are gobbling up 25-35% of that club's annual gross revenue (depends on the year), you come to the logical conclusion of.......it's about money.
Having said all that, I personally know some great people, Coaches, parents and kids at Solar, but none of them have anything to do with fake teams.

Bingo!
All about the opportunity-PSB
I’ve got the ghost , you’ve got the need
Let’s make lots of money

Clusterchuck
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 03/08/17, 10:19 pm

soccertard wrote:Can we carry this conversation on the other thread with almost 16K views.  That way we can get this craziness to 20K.
https://www.txsoccer.net/t36742p300-07-lh-qt
Why is that so important?

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Foley 22/08/17, 01:31 pm

wittymgr wrote: Will some teams excel (Solar Quiroz)?

Wow...need to let some 08s into LHGCL D1... Gonna be a long year if hired guns don't show.

Linky Link
Axel Foley
Axel Foley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3