Latest topics
And it begins...Today at 03:54 pmCerv1973
10 Girls Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Today at 02:41 pmU90C
08 Girls Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Today at 01:49 pmU90C
TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMSToday at 12:30 pmMr. Miyagi
TOURNAMENT: THE ROCK - AUSTIN - Nov. 9-11, 2018Today at 11:47 amU90C
09 Girls Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Today at 11:46 amU90C
2018 America's Red, White & Blue CupToday at 08:50 amLiverpool Tournaments
Here were go again - Games CancellationYesterday at 08:07 pmMurderWasTheCase
Defunct Club?Yesterday at 03:42 pmSoccerSuckers
07 Boys Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Yesterday at 01:49 pmU90C
08 Boys Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Yesterday at 01:48 pmU90C
09 Boys Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Yesterday at 01:47 pmU90C
Liverpool 09 Flynn Yesterday at 01:42 pmLP_Elite
FALL '18 - SPRING '19 CLASSIC LEAGUE KICK-OFF by GamedayYesterday at 11:32 amGameday 04 New
06 Boys Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)Yesterday at 10:06 amU90C
05 Girls Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Yesterday at 10:04 amU90C
13 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)Yesterday at 10:04 amU90C
Solar 11g Barnes Open practicesYesterday at 09:19 amSportsmanship
Solar Mattice 09B - Soccer OpportunitiesYesterday at 09:03 amkmattice
Team DQ'ed from Lake Highlands D323/09/18, 10:25 pmcoachdom23
Crazyfeet 06/07 Girls - Looking for players23/09/18, 09:55 amsoccaloco
Crazyfeet 06/07 Girls - Looking for players23/09/18, 09:55 amsoccaloco
FREE Liverpool Street Soccer - FRIDAY NIGHTS - Two Locations23/09/18, 08:04 amSoccerSuckers
U12 DA Landscape22/09/18, 11:32 pmfactsmatter
Week 1 in D122/09/18, 09:09 amTexanDad37
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Statistics
We have 12668 registered users
The newest registered user is DRFC Academy

Our users have posted a total of 182086 messages in 24173 subjects

Plano Labor Day

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Plano Labor Day

Post by souljalaw25 on 01/08/17, 11:27 pm

Is there an accepted teams list or applied teams list??

souljalaw25
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 129
Points : 1933
Join date : 2013-11-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by souljalaw25 on 09/08/17, 03:59 pm

Is there still no accepted or applied team list

souljalaw25
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 129
Points : 1933
Join date : 2013-11-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by TatonkaBurger on 10/08/17, 07:42 am

Has there ever been one?
avatar
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1174
Points : 3317
Join date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by jogobonito06 on 10/08/17, 08:11 am

RH still there?
avatar
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 338
Points : 1784
Join date : 2014-10-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by NoSpinZone on 10/08/17, 08:24 am

jogobonito06 wrote:RH still there?

Unfortunately....

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 339
Points : 2115
Join date : 2013-12-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by souljalaw25 on 10/08/17, 11:49 am

I guess we show up and play!!

souljalaw25
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 129
Points : 1933
Join date : 2013-11-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by boflc on 11/08/17, 09:03 am

>20 teams registered for u11g

boflc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 41
Points : 1259
Join date : 2015-05-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by Goes-2-11 on 11/08/17, 09:11 am

I hope all of the u10 teams read and understand the playing format for this tournament.... It's unique.

Goes-2-11
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 28
Points : 1179
Join date : 2015-08-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by TxFutbal on 11/08/17, 09:36 am

what is unique about it? FAKE news..
The ONLY gotcha is 2 yellow = RED vs. Red on the 3 yellow.. So CW needs to make sure her girls pace themselves with their right hooks, uppercuts, and ponytail pulling..

It's standard 7v7 (anyone who is in the know, knows U9-U10 is 7v7 now), size 4 ball. 5 min halftime, 25 min halves, 2 10 min overtime periods.
Team Standing and Tie Breakers:
Team standings will be based on the following scoring system:
Win =6 points plus 1 point for each goal scored (max of 3 goals)
Tie =3 points plus 1 point for each goal scored (max of 3 goals)
Loss =0 points plus 1 point for each goal scored (max of
3 goals)
Bonus =1 point is awarded for a shutout
Forfeit = scored as a 3-0 win and a total of 10 points will be awarded
Winner, runner-up, and wild card teams will be determined in the following priorityorder
: (1) Points Total, (2) Head to Head, (3)
Cum Goal Difference (max +/- 5 goal difference [GD] per game with no limit on goals scored and allowed per game), For example, a 7-1 score yields a +5 GD for the winner and a –5 GD for the loser, (4) Cum Number Shutouts, (5) Cum Goals
Scored (max 5 goals scored per game), (6) Fewest Number Cum Goals Allowed (max 5 goals allowed per game), (7) Fewest Caution Points –yellow cards 1 point, red cards 2 points, (Cool Tournament Director decision. T
teams and the referees will report scores. The coach must verify the posted score prior to the team’s next game. If any discrepancy between the two teams
reported scores, then the referee’s score will be final.
If, in the Quarterfinals or Semifinals when there are no Quarterfinals, the
predetermined pairings result in two opponents from the same bracket, realignment of the pairings may be

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 392
Points : 1162
Join date : 2016-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by Goes-2-11 on 11/08/17, 09:57 am

Fake news huh....i was referring to the playing format described in their FAQ.

U10 is playing 7v7 on a 50x80 field WITH build out lines .
Offside is in effect at the build out line not the centerline.
The build out lines are placed 2 yards outside of the penalty box. So an offensive player can be camped out near the box all game.

Goes-2-11
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 28
Points : 1179
Join date : 2015-08-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by TxFutbal on 11/08/17, 10:10 am

Yup.. standard playing format now for this age. NTX seems to be the only region that didn't implement it last year but all the other regions have been using this format since they went age pure. I actually like this format better as it seemingly requires the girls to build out of the back.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 392
Points : 1162
Join date : 2016-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by soccermomntx on 11/08/17, 10:14 am

Goes-2-11 wrote:Fake news huh....i was referring to the playing format described in their  FAQ.

U10 is playing 7v7 on a 50x80 field WITH build out lines .
Offside is in effect at the build out line not the centerline.
The build out lines are placed 2 yards outside of the penalty box. So an offensive player can be camped out near the box all game.

Beware also: last year the goals for this age (08's) were teeny tiny, more like the goals they use for 4 v 4. Most of the goalies were taller than the goals! Be sure you know what size goals they will be using.

soccermomntx
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 21
Points : 518
Join date : 2017-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by soccermomntx on 11/08/17, 10:18 am

Goes-2-11 wrote:Fake news huh....i was referring to the playing format described in their  FAQ.

U10 is playing 7v7 on a 50x80 field WITH build out lines .
Offside is in effect at the build out line not the centerline.
The build out lines are placed 2 yards outside of the penalty box. So an offensive player can be camped out near the box all game.

From their website:
U9 40X6
U10 - U12 50X80

soccermomntx
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 21
Points : 518
Join date : 2017-05-15

Back to top Go down

Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by OLJW on 11/08/17, 10:29 am

NTSSA has plenty of good rules that make sense. The problem is NTSSA approves DEVIATIONS from their own rules too often and generally for no apparent reason. I've had this conversation, face to face with NTSSA board members in the past. I was told that when a tournament director sends in the proposed tournament rules that they are "automatically approved". That's a verbatim quote. That kind of policy renders NTSSA rules moot. Gotta laugh, it's literally amateur hour.

__________________________________________________
Buzzards gotta eat....same as worms.
avatar
OLJW
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 162
Points : 1245
Join date : 2015-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by NoSpinZone on 11/08/17, 01:33 pm

soccermomntx wrote:
Goes-2-11 wrote:Fake news huh....i was referring to the playing format described in their  FAQ.

U10 is playing 7v7 on a 50x80 field WITH build out lines .
Offside is in effect at the build out line not the centerline.
The build out lines are placed 2 yards outside of the penalty box. So an offensive player can be camped out near the box all game.

Beware also:  last year the goals for this age (08's) were teeny tiny, more like the goals they use for 4 v 4.  Most of the goalies were taller than the goals!  Be sure you know what size goals they will be using.  

Yeah don't see goal sizes listed. RH has a way of screwing things up so no telling what will happen.

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 339
Points : 2115
Join date : 2013-12-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by SD69 on 11/08/17, 01:38 pm

boflc wrote:>20 teams registered for u11g
Where did you get the team list?
avatar
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1365
Points : 3596
Join date : 2012-11-05
Location : On the SW side, in soccer purgatory.

Back to top Go down

Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by Goes-2-11 on 11/08/17, 01:40 pm

TxFutbal wrote:Yup.. standard playing format now for this age.  NTX seems to be the only region that didn't implement it last year but all the other regions have been using this format since they went age pure.  I actually like this format better as it seemingly requires the girls to build out of the back.

And how many 08 games have you watched recently?   The USSF small sided mandate (7v7) for this age group is 30X47 and the NTX leagues (PT, Ligue Elite) and tournaments like U90 have all settled on 40X60 but some use the buildout lines at this field size and others do not.  And now for this tournament (PLD) we are going to go to 50X80 which is nearly 3 times the size of the USSF mandated MAX size and nearly twice the size NTX has apparently 'adopted'. And you think this is the standard playing format now?  

For the past 18 months the 08 age group has seen numerous implementations of this mandate:
Small / Medium fields, Build out lines yes / no, Offsides at the center line / buildout lines, Punting/No punting but dropkicks are ok, now dropkicks are banned too, players allowed to cross the build out line after the goalie kicks it / approaches the ball / after the next player touches it, goalies forced to wait to play the ball until all offensive players cross the build out line.  These implementations have tended to change within games and of course between crews and days.  If you haven't been actively involved in this age groups you probably were not aware these facts.

And now PLD has added a new wrinkle... the large field for 7v7 with build out lines.  No other NTX organization plays 7v7 on the 50x80 field now and I seriously doubt organizations outside of NTX will either.  This is the de facto standard now for u11 and u12 9v9.  So yes, I think its unique and not standard.

Goes-2-11
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 28
Points : 1179
Join date : 2015-08-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by soccerjack on 11/08/17, 02:06 pm

TxFutbal wrote:what is unique about it?  FAKE news..  
The ONLY gotcha is 2 yellow = RED vs. Red on the 3 yellow.. So CW needs to make sure her girls pace themselves with their right hooks, uppercuts, and ponytail pulling..

It's standard 7v7 (anyone who is in the know, knows U9-U10 is 7v7 now), size 4 ball. 5 min halftime, 25 min halves, 2 10 min overtime periods.  
Team Standing and Tie Breakers:
Team standings will be based on the following scoring system:
Win =6 points plus 1 point for each goal scored (max of 3 goals)
Tie =3 points plus 1 point for each goal scored (max of 3 goals)
Loss =0 points plus 1 point for each goal scored (max of
3 goals)
Bonus =1 point is awarded for a shutout
Forfeit = scored as a 3-0  win and a total of 10 points will be awarded
Winner, runner-up, and wild card teams will be determined in the following priorityorder
: (1) Points Total,  (2) Head to Head, (3)
Cum Goal Difference (max +/- 5 goal difference [GD] per game with no limit on goals scored and allowed per game), For example, a 7-1 score yields a +5 GD for the winner and a –5 GD for the loser, (4) Cum Number Shutouts, (5) Cum Goals
Scored (max 5 goals scored per game), (6) Fewest Number Cum Goals Allowed (max 5 goals allowed per game), (7) Fewest Caution Points –yellow cards 1 point, red cards 2 points, (Cool Tournament Director decision. T
teams and the referees will report scores.  The coach must verify the posted score prior to the team’s next game. If any discrepancy between the two teams
reported scores, then the referee’s score will be final.  
If, in the Quarterfinals or Semifinals when there are no Quarterfinals, the
predetermined pairings result in two opponents from the same bracket, realignment of the pairings may be


Kw's special kids are taught to foul when the ref isn't looking.
avatar
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 993
Points : 2557
Join date : 2014-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by KeeperCommander on 11/08/17, 03:49 pm

soccerjack wrote:
TxFutbal wrote:what is unique about it?  FAKE news..  
The ONLY gotcha is 2 yellow = RED vs. Red on the 3 yellow.. So CW needs to make sure her girls pace themselves with their right hooks, uppercuts, and ponytail pulling..

It's standard 7v7 (anyone who is in the know, knows U9-U10 is 7v7 now), size 4 ball. 5 min halftime, 25 min halves, 2 10 min overtime periods.  
Team Standing and Tie Breakers:
Team standings will be based on the following scoring system:
Win =6 points plus 1 point for each goal scored (max of 3 goals)
Tie =3 points plus 1 point for each goal scored (max of 3 goals)
Loss =0 points plus 1 point for each goal scored (max of
3 goals)
Bonus =1 point is awarded for a shutout
Forfeit = scored as a 3-0  win and a total of 10 points will be awarded
Winner, runner-up, and wild card teams will be determined in the following priorityorder
: (1) Points Total,  (2) Head to Head, (3)
Cum Goal Difference (max +/- 5 goal difference [GD] per game with no limit on goals scored and allowed per game), For example, a 7-1 score yields a +5 GD for the winner and a –5 GD for the loser, (4) Cum Number Shutouts, (5) Cum Goals
Scored (max 5 goals scored per game), (6) Fewest Number Cum Goals Allowed (max 5 goals allowed per game), (7) Fewest Caution Points –yellow cards 1 point, red cards 2 points, (Cool Tournament Director decision. T
teams and the referees will report scores.  The coach must verify the posted score prior to the team’s next game. If any discrepancy between the two teams
reported scores, then the referee’s score will be final.  
If, in the Quarterfinals or Semifinals when there are no Quarterfinals, the
predetermined pairings result in two opponents from the same bracket, realignment of the pairings may be


Kw's special kids are taught to foul when the ref isn't looking.
You mean like basketball players are taught.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1638
Points : 3489
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by soccerjack on 11/08/17, 03:59 pm

Punching, tripping and pony tail pulling works in both sports.
avatar
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 993
Points : 2557
Join date : 2014-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by Guest on 11/08/17, 05:09 pm

Goes-2-11 wrote:
TxFutbal wrote:Yup.. standard playing format now for this age.  NTX seems to be the only region that didn't implement it last year but all the other regions have been using this format since they went age pure.  I actually like this format better as it seemingly requires the girls to build out of the back.

And how many 08 games have you watched recently?   The USSF small sided mandate (7v7) for this age group is 30X47 and the NTX leagues (PT, Ligue Elite) and tournaments like U90 have all settled on 40X60 but some use the buildout lines at this field size and others do not.  And now for this tournament (PLD) we are going to go to 50X80 which is nearly 3 times the size of the USSF mandated MAX size and nearly twice the size NTX has apparently 'adopted'. And you think this is the standard playing format now?  

For the past 18 months the 08 age group has seen numerous implementations of this mandate:
Small / Medium fields, Build out lines yes / no, Offsides at the center line / buildout lines, Punting/No punting but dropkicks are ok, now dropkicks are banned too, players allowed to cross the build out line after the goalie kicks it / approaches the ball / after the next player touches it, goalies forced to wait to play the ball until all offensive players cross the build out line.  These implementations have tended to change within games and of course between crews and days.  If you haven't been actively involved in this age groups you probably were not aware these facts.

And now PLD has added a new wrinkle... the large field for 7v7 with build out lines.  No other NTX organization plays 7v7 on the 50x80 field now and I seriously doubt organizations outside of NTX will either.  This is the de facto standard now for u11 and u12 9v9.  So yes, I think its unique and not standard.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by boflc on 11/08/17, 05:22 pm

SD69 wrote:
boflc wrote:>20 teams registered for u11g
Where did you get the team list?

i asked how many teams were registered in the age group that our team registered in.

boflc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 41
Points : 1259
Join date : 2015-05-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by Zizou on 11/08/17, 06:06 pm

Goes-2-11 wrote:
TxFutbal wrote:Yup.. standard playing format now for this age.  NTX seems to be the only region that didn't implement it last year but all the other regions have been using this format since they went age pure.  I actually like this format better as it seemingly requires the girls to build out of the back.

And how many 08 games have you watched recently?   The USSF small sided mandate (7v7) for this age group is 30X47 and the NTX leagues (PT, Ligue Elite) and tournaments like U90 have all settled on 40X60 but some use the buildout lines at this field size and others do not.  And now for this tournament (PLD) we are going to go to 50X80 which is nearly 3 times the size of the USSF mandated MAX size and nearly twice the size NTX has apparently 'adopted'. And you think this is the standard playing format now?  

For the past 18 months the 08 age group has seen numerous implementations of this mandate:
Small / Medium fields, Build out lines yes / no, Offsides at the center line / buildout lines, Punting/No punting but dropkicks are ok, now dropkicks are banned too, players allowed to cross the build out line after the goalie kicks it / approaches the ball / after the next player touches it, goalies forced to wait to play the ball until all offensive players cross the build out line.  These implementations have tended to change within games and of course between crews and days.  If you haven't been actively involved in this age groups you probably were not aware these facts.

And now PLD has added a new wrinkle... the large field for 7v7 with build out lines.  No other NTX organization plays 7v7 on the 50x80 field now and I seriously doubt organizations outside of NTX will either.  This is the de facto standard now for u11 and u12 9v9.  So yes, I think its unique and not standard.
What a confusing mess! Damn teaching kids more about what not to do because it's against the rules than playing soccer. Man I'm glad my DD is 24

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2322
Points : 4197
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by souljalaw25 on 11/08/17, 06:19 pm

What about u12 girls list or how many teams

souljalaw25
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 129
Points : 1933
Join date : 2013-11-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by TxFutbal on 11/08/17, 09:08 pm

never said anything about field size or goal size only that playing format for 7v7 has been consistently used outside of NTX since AP. All I said it the format is not unusual.. didn't say anything about how Plano was going to apply the rules. NTX is the wild wild west that essentially let's the leagues/tournaments do whatever they are able to support with the fields they have and with the least amount of cost in order to maximize the profit that goes to their non-profit organization.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 392
Points : 1162
Join date : 2016-09-11

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum