Latest topics
TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMSToday at 10:44 pmScubaSteve
Tournament upset alertToday at 06:04 pmCheckpoint Charlie
03 DT Fall Festival Today at 12:16 pmAnt_Knee
League Challenge Cup discussionYesterday at 09:17 pmteddykgb
Out of ControlYesterday at 03:33 pmCornydogonastick
06 Boys looking for a free or half price tourney in DecemberYesterday at 03:09 pmEFC-Soccer
GEE THANKS DTSC FALL FESTIVAL!?Yesterday at 02:26 pmGameday 04 New
07 Boys Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)Yesterday at 01:35 pmU90C
03 Boys Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)Yesterday at 01:04 pmU90C
Dfeeters Thanksgiving ShowcaseYesterday at 12:52 pmcanaryman
12 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)Yesterday at 12:21 pmU90C
09 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)Yesterday at 10:56 amU90C
07 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)Yesterday at 10:55 amU90C
11 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)Yesterday at 10:54 amU90C
10 Boys Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)Yesterday at 10:52 amU90C
Looking for guest players! Yesterday at 08:28 ampingo99
Solar East Williamson 09 JCLYesterday at 05:50 amSolarEastForney
05 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)15/11/18, 05:34 pmU90C
12 Boys Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)15/11/18, 05:32 pmU90C
07 Boys Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)15/11/18, 05:30 pmU90C
05 Boys Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)15/11/18, 05:28 pmU90C
10 Boys Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)15/11/18, 05:26 pmU90C
05 Boys Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)15/11/18, 05:25 pmU90C
05 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)15/11/18, 05:24 pmU90C
Texas Cup Tournament - 07 Gold Team Needed - Plays for Free15/11/18, 04:52 pmTexasCup
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Statistics
We have 12737 registered users
The newest registered user is KALRP11

Our users have posted a total of 183658 messages in 24437 subjects

Congratulations Dallas Texans 06G South

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Congratulations Dallas Texans 06G South

Post by Checkpoint Charlie on 05/09/17, 07:38 pm

Congratulations Dallas Texans 06G South for winning 2017 Plano Labor Day Girls U13 Gold Division!
avatar
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 71
Points : 1149
Join date : 2015-12-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Congratulations Dallas Texans 06G South

Post by 06Southgirl on 06/09/17, 07:10 am

Thank you Checkpoint Charlie!
avatar
06Southgirl
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Posts : 437
Points : 2153
Join date : 2014-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Congratulations Dallas Texans 06G South

Post by FC1 on 06/09/17, 07:16 am

06southgirl wrote:Thank you Checkpoint Charlie!

All this time, I assumed you were a parent of a child on that time. I did not realize you actually played for them. This is good to know.

FC1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 91
Points : 899
Join date : 2016-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Congratulations Dallas Texans 06G South

Post by 06Southgirl on 06/09/17, 07:26 am

FC1 wrote:
06southgirl wrote:Thank you Checkpoint Charlie!

All this time, I assumed you were a parent of a child on that time. I did not realize you actually played for them. This is good to know.

No I am just a very proud mother of all three of my children. I am proud when they excel and I am there for them when they fail at anything they try. For that I don't apologize. They are my heart and soul and the reason I wake up every morning.
avatar
06Southgirl
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Posts : 437
Points : 2153
Join date : 2014-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Congratulations Dallas Texans 06G South

Post by bassinyaface on 06/09/17, 08:15 am

More hardware on the shelf for DTS. Congrats! Heard around the campfire that ringers were brought in. Not sure why bringing ECNL players to win the tourney was so important. Oh ya, GotSoccer points are more important than development. Never mind, I got it now. Carry on...

__________________________________________________
__________________________________________________
The opinions expressed here are those of the SHO NUFF's nemesis and do not reflect the positions of any team, club, or coach.
avatar
bassinyaface
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 56
Points : 1243
Join date : 2015-08-21
Location : Little Belly, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Congratulations Dallas Texans 06G South

Post by unknownposter on 06/09/17, 08:35 am

bassinyaface wrote:More hardware on the shelf for DTS. Congrats! Heard around the campfire that ringers were brought in.  Not sure why bringing ECNL players to win the tourney was so important. Oh ya, GotSoccer points are more important than development.  Never mind, I got it now.  Carry on...

While i disagree with the tone of the poster, the question is valid, what's the point of bringing the "ringers" in? Might your team have lost the 1st solar game, perhaps since those players made the difference in that game, but in the long run i bet the tournament result would have been the same with DTS coming out on top.

The 06 DTS girls played great soccer, it's a pity the result is tarnished by bringing the top 05 guest players in.

unknownposter
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 25
Points : 513
Join date : 2017-07-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Congratulations Dallas Texans 06G South

Post by 06Southgirl on 06/09/17, 08:53 am

unknownposter wrote:
bassinyaface wrote:More hardware on the shelf for DTS. Congrats! Heard around the campfire that ringers were brought in.  Not sure why bringing ECNL players to win the tourney was so important. Oh ya, GotSoccer points are more important than development.  Never mind, I got it now.  Carry on...

While i disagree with the tone of the poster, the question is valid, what's the point of bringing the "ringers" in?  Might your team have lost the 1st solar game, perhaps since those players made the difference in that game, but in the long run i bet the tournament result would have been the same with DTS coming out on top.  

The 06 DTS girls played great soccer, it's a pity the result is tarnished by bringing the top 05 guest players in.

Fair question. We brought 2 05s to play against a team that had at least 8 ECNL players. If we were interested in rankings we would have played in the 06 bracket. Not sure but I don't think points in 05 bracket will help us.
avatar
06Southgirl
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Posts : 437
Points : 2153
Join date : 2014-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Congratulations Dallas Texans 06G South

Post by Guess Who on 06/09/17, 08:57 am

DTS06 played in the 05 division to avoid Sting Black06. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
avatar
Guess Who
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 200
Points : 2771
Join date : 2011-11-28

Back to top Go down

Re: Congratulations Dallas Texans 06G South

Post by unknownposter on 06/09/17, 09:15 am

06southgirl wrote:
unknownposter wrote:
bassinyaface wrote:More hardware on the shelf for DTS. Congrats! Heard around the campfire that ringers were brought in.  Not sure why bringing ECNL players to win the tourney was so important. Oh ya, GotSoccer points are more important than development.  Never mind, I got it now.  Carry on...

While i disagree with the tone of the poster, the question is valid, what's the point of bringing the "ringers" in?  Might your team have lost the 1st solar game, perhaps since those players made the difference in that game, but in the long run i bet the tournament result would have been the same with DTS coming out on top.  

The 06 DTS girls played great soccer, it's a pity the result is tarnished by bringing the top 05 guest players in.

Fair question.   We brought 2 05s to play against a team that had at least 8 ECNL players.  If we were interested in rankings we would have played in the 06 bracket.   Not sure but I don't think points in 05 bracket will help us.  

I never mentioned points as I agree with you in that the points in the 05 bracket are not useful. But, unless (1) Adames doesn't have confidence in the 06 girls to stand on their own (which is stupid because they are a very good team); or
(2) Adames is trophy hunting (which is also stupid because i firmly believe the tournament outcome would have been the same)

In my mind, while the win is still impressive and kudos to you all for it, it puts an asterisk next to your name (kind of like Barry Bonds records). This, to me, is a shame as I believe that the 06 team could have stood on their own merits.




unknownposter
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 25
Points : 513
Join date : 2017-07-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Congratulations Dallas Texans 06G South

Post by The_Dude on 06/09/17, 09:16 am

Being fair, DTS isn't the 1st or last team to bring in (older) guest players as starters. While the reasons will vary, I don't think because another team isn't playing fair in your eyes is a valid excuse either. If I were a starting 06 DTS parent that lost my spot because of that, the Dude would not abide.

But my question is, if the strategy was designed with one game in mind, why not play Sting Black in the 06 finals? It seems the path with the better likelihood of success was chosen over true competition and development.

__________________________________________________
avatar
The_Dude
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 171
Points : 2396
Join date : 2012-10-15
Location : Ralph's

Back to top Go down

Re: Congratulations Dallas Texans 06G South

Post by bassinyaface on 06/09/17, 09:30 am

This is the problem with North Texas Soccer! Coaches and Parents get in the way of development

a) Clubs and coaches have massive egos and choose to trophy hunt over development
b) Parents desire to post wins on social media (showing "love" while boosting own afflicted ego) is now more valued than developing the team or teaching proper values in athletics. Willingness to turn a blind eye "just this once" in order to win at all costs hurts players who need time on the field in tournament play.

__________________________________________________
__________________________________________________
The opinions expressed here are those of the SHO NUFF's nemesis and do not reflect the positions of any team, club, or coach.
avatar
bassinyaface
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 56
Points : 1243
Join date : 2015-08-21
Location : Little Belly, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Congratulations Dallas Texans 06G South

Post by bassinyaface on 06/09/17, 09:36 am

http://www.txsoccer.net/t35152-dt-game

SHO NUFF lets put our differences aside.  You have history with this team I believe.  This type of behavior seems to be trending with this club (see attached thread).  Thoughts from Tulsa?


Last edited by bassinyaface on 06/09/17, 09:40 am; edited 1 time in total

__________________________________________________
__________________________________________________
The opinions expressed here are those of the SHO NUFF's nemesis and do not reflect the positions of any team, club, or coach.
avatar
bassinyaface
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 56
Points : 1243
Join date : 2015-08-21
Location : Little Belly, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Congratulations Dallas Texans 06G South

Post by OdoyleRules on 06/09/17, 09:38 am

Congrats to Miss G for scoring the goals that got DTS 06 the hardware. Question I would have is why play up and bring in someone that they say they would need. Why not just play up or play up with normal roster in Silver. Either way great trophy move SA.
avatar
OdoyleRules
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 10
Points : 677
Join date : 2017-01-20
Location : Stuck in the 80's

Back to top Go down

Re: Congratulations Dallas Texans 06G South

Post by 06Southgirl on 06/09/17, 10:09 am

The_Dude wrote:Being fair, DTS isn't the 1st or last team to bring in (older) guest players as starters.  While the reasons will vary, I don't think because another team isn't playing fair in your eyes is a valid excuse either.  If I were a starting 06 DTS parent that lost my spot because of that, the Dude would not abide.  

But my question is, if the strategy was designed with one game in mind, why not play Sting Black in the 06 finals?  It seems the path with the better likelihood of success was chosen over true competition and development.

DTS is very interested in developing at 11V11 in order to prepare for ECNL or DA next year and we will be playing in the JDL 11V11 league this season. So we want to get some tournaments in before then in order to get ready. You may even see some 06s from the team at some 05 ECNL games. Who knows!
avatar
06Southgirl
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Posts : 437
Points : 2153
Join date : 2014-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Congratulations Dallas Texans 06G South

Post by bassinyaface on 06/09/17, 10:14 am

Hopefully you will keep same strategy and bring down ECNL 05's to play in JDL 11v11 games (you know for development). That is if you want to keep same BS approach and story.

__________________________________________________
__________________________________________________
The opinions expressed here are those of the SHO NUFF's nemesis and do not reflect the positions of any team, club, or coach.
avatar
bassinyaface
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 56
Points : 1243
Join date : 2015-08-21
Location : Little Belly, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Congratulations Dallas Texans 06G South

Post by FC1 on 06/09/17, 10:20 am

06southgirl wrote:
The_Dude wrote:Being fair, DTS isn't the 1st or last team to bring in (older) guest players as starters.  While the reasons will vary, I don't think because another team isn't playing fair in your eyes is a valid excuse either.  If I were a starting 06 DTS parent that lost my spot because of that, the Dude would not abide.  

But my question is, if the strategy was designed with one game in mind, why not play Sting Black in the 06 finals?  It seems the path with the better likelihood of success was chosen over true competition and development.

DTS is very interested in developing at 11V11 in order to prepare for ECNL or DA next year and we will be playing in the JDL 11V11 league this season.   So we want to get some tournaments in before then in order to get ready.    You may even see some 06s from the team at some 05 ECNL games.   Who knows!  

You state you brought in 05 "ringers" due to Solar having ECNL players in this tourney... Yet here you mention some of these 06 girls will also be 05 ECNL players. Using that logic, why bring in ringers? That theory does not hold water. Carry on though. That sure is a pretty trophy. Do the parents take turns taking it to the office?


Last edited by FC1 on 06/09/17, 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wanted to add additional sarcastic comment.....)

FC1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 91
Points : 899
Join date : 2016-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Congratulations Dallas Texans 06G South

Post by The_Dude on 06/09/17, 10:23 am

06southgirl wrote:
The_Dude wrote:Being fair, DTS isn't the 1st or last team to bring in (older) guest players as starters.  While the reasons will vary, I don't think because another team isn't playing fair in your eyes is a valid excuse either.  If I were a starting 06 DTS parent that lost my spot because of that, the Dude would not abide.  

But my question is, if the strategy was designed with one game in mind, why not play Sting Black in the 06 finals?  It seems the path with the better likelihood of success was chosen over true competition and development.

DTS is very interested in developing at 11V11 in order to prepare for ECNL or DA next year and we will be playing in the JDL 11V11 league this season.   So we want to get some tournaments in before then in order to get ready.    You may even see some 06s from the team at some 05 ECNL games.   Who knows!  

That's marvelous.. but your initial comment about the 8 ECNL players in this tourney & prior rebuttals in the thread linked by Macgyver contradict the development philosophy.  I will agree with unknown though, DTS 06 is a great team and plays very good soccer.  Congrats on the win.  

As for his thread, my question has been answered. The Dude isn't trying to micturate on anyone's rug.


Last edited by The_Dude on 06/09/17, 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total

__________________________________________________
avatar
The_Dude
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 171
Points : 2396
Join date : 2012-10-15
Location : Ralph's

Back to top Go down

Re: Congratulations Dallas Texans 06G South

Post by 06Southgirl on 06/09/17, 10:26 am

FC1 wrote:
06southgirl wrote:
The_Dude wrote:Being fair, DTS isn't the 1st or last team to bring in (older) guest players as starters.  While the reasons will vary, I don't think because another team isn't playing fair in your eyes is a valid excuse either.  If I were a starting 06 DTS parent that lost my spot because of that, the Dude would not abide.  

But my question is, if the strategy was designed with one game in mind, why not play Sting Black in the 06 finals?  It seems the path with the better likelihood of success was chosen over true competition and development.

DTS is very interested in developing at 11V11 in order to prepare for ECNL or DA next year and we will be playing in the JDL 11V11 league this season.   So we want to get some tournaments in before then in order to get ready.    You may even see some 06s from the team at some 05 ECNL games.   Who knows!  

You state you brought in 05 "ringers" due to Solar having ECNL players in this tourney... Yet here you mention some of these 06 girls will also be 05 ECNL players. Using that logic, why bring in ringers? That theory does not hold water. Carry on though. That sure is a pretty trophy. Do the parents take turns taking it to the office?

I never said Solar brought them
avatar
06Southgirl
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Posts : 437
Points : 2153
Join date : 2014-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Congratulations Dallas Texans 06G South

Post by SolarPower00 on 06/09/17, 10:32 am

DTS06 should know the risk in self-promoting, self generated, congratulatory posts on this forum. You open the door to a bunch of scrutiny. I get that some teams post tournament success for recruiting purposes. That's not the case here.
If you are desperate for that pat on the back, be ready for the criticism that comes along with it.
avatar
SolarPower00
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 592
Points : 3159
Join date : 2011-11-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Congratulations Dallas Texans 06G South

Post by bassinyaface on 06/09/17, 10:38 am

06southgirl wrote:
FC1 wrote:
06southgirl wrote:
The_Dude wrote:Being fair, DTS isn't the 1st or last team to bring in (older) guest players as starters.  While the reasons will vary, I don't think because another team isn't playing fair in your eyes is a valid excuse either.  If I were a starting 06 DTS parent that lost my spot because of that, the Dude would not abide.  

But my question is, if the strategy was designed with one game in mind, why not play Sting Black in the 06 finals?  It seems the path with the better likelihood of success was chosen over true competition and development.

DTS is very interested in developing at 11V11 in order to prepare for ECNL or DA next year and we will be playing in the JDL 11V11 league this season.   So we want to get some tournaments in before then in order to get ready.    You may even see some 06s from the team at some 05 ECNL games.   Who knows!  

You state you brought in 05 "ringers" due to Solar having ECNL players in this tourney... Yet here you mention some of these 06 girls will also be 05 ECNL players. Using that logic, why bring in ringers? That theory does not hold water. Carry on though. That sure is a pretty trophy. Do the parents take turns taking it to the office?

I never said Solar brought them

I believe you were implying FEET. I agree with everyone who mentioned this...DTS 06 is a great team and the players are top-notch. I just don't agree with the approach by the Coach, Club, and Parents (the ones who think this strategy is ok). There was no need to bring in ECNL players. Stand on your own and win on your own...true development lives in this approach.

__________________________________________________
__________________________________________________
The opinions expressed here are those of the SHO NUFF's nemesis and do not reflect the positions of any team, club, or coach.
avatar
bassinyaface
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 56
Points : 1243
Join date : 2015-08-21
Location : Little Belly, GA

Back to top Go down

Re: Congratulations Dallas Texans 06G South

Post by Guest on 06/09/17, 10:43 am

Damn...she just said "Thanks" in response to some else's congratulatory post. Yes it could have been two DTS parents colaborating but let's say otherwise...why pee pee on the girls parade?! How about just ignoring the post if you're salty about it. Congrats again to your girls 06South...there will be a lot more bashing in years to come, from parents whose kids team never win and barely develop (since they try and ACT like that's their focal point.)


Last edited by JonSneauxTargaryen on 06/09/17, 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Congratulations Dallas Texans 06G South

Post by Guest on 06/09/17, 10:51 am

Look at it as a service to the opposing team...if you fair well or even defeat a team that brought in "ringers" then guess what... they aided your daughters in game development because they provided a more difficult challenge for them to overcome...be optimistic and stop making it seem like an actual crime in the name of soccer.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Congratulations Dallas Texans 06G South

Post by soccertard on 06/09/17, 10:52 am

Why did Sting Black hide in the 06 bracket while DTS and Solar played up in Gold 05?
avatar
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 302
Points : 1073
Join date : 2016-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Congratulations Dallas Texans 06G South

Post by TxFutbal on 06/09/17, 11:01 am

who cares. Since when is Sting Black the center of the soccer universe? Why can't we talk about the great showing some of the teams in the other brackets had that have done quite a bit of development over the past year like Fusion, LP Liddell, or even Mutiny? If you haven't seen these teams lately they may not have the biggest/fastest/strongest girls, but will tell you they are playing a lot better soccer this year compared to last year.. True development going on with those teams.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 392
Points : 1216
Join date : 2016-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Congratulations Dallas Texans 06G South

Post by bassinyaface on 06/09/17, 11:03 am

A new dog pile may need to be formed.

__________________________________________________
__________________________________________________
The opinions expressed here are those of the SHO NUFF's nemesis and do not reflect the positions of any team, club, or coach.
avatar
bassinyaface
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 56
Points : 1243
Join date : 2015-08-21
Location : Little Belly, GA

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum