North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTXYesterday at 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Congratulations Dallas Texans 06G South - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

Congratulations Dallas Texans 06G South

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Congratulations Dallas Texans 06G South - Page 4 Empty Re: Congratulations Dallas Texans 06G South

Post by Guest 07/09/17, 12:08 pm

Congrats DTS 06.
Thanks.
Shut up y'all brought in ringers.
SB is good.
DTS gets and asterisk.
Solar is good too.
PLD sucks now.
DA is good.
No it's not.
Yes it is.
Sal likes pie.
:insert emoji:
These other teams did well too.
Who cares.
I do.
Development is important.
Not winning?
Sometimes.
But not if you're DTS?
Nope...don't count.

Back to top Go down

Congratulations Dallas Texans 06G South - Page 4 Empty Re: Congratulations Dallas Texans 06G South

Post by soccertard 07/09/17, 01:06 pm

We are giving the 07s a run for their money on craziness.
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach 07/09/17, 01:55 pm

TatonkaBurger wrote:Coach Tom was the runner-up in the pie eating contest.  And he's bitter... obviously.

Wink

Obviously.
Cool

Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 07/09/17, 02:24 pm

soccerjack wrote:
BigErn wrote:
soccerjack wrote:
BigErn wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
Soccer Mom 08 wrote:No big deal that DTS 06 won in the Gold Division.  Most of the TOP 05 teams did not play in this tourney.    So basically, they won with ringers against what in any other tourney would be the silver division.    
I call bs on that.

Contrarily, Soccer Mom 08 is spot on here.  Top teams do not compete in tourneys like PLD (or leagues like LHGCL for that matter) at U13+ anymore.  

Those days are over --

Lol...It's all for the greater good of soccer.  Those kids have no business bonding with their team over a weekend and having fun.  This is about hard work so they can reach the pinnacle of.....well...nothing really.

Oh Jack ... After 851 posts, we'd hope you'd think better than to start off a response with "lol".

As if those teams I'm referring to aren't bonding and having fun with their teammates just the same (if not more given the significant time on the road with team) as those that still play in PLD or LH.  

And as if those players that have been given the opportunity to play on the teams I'm referring to don't have a better shot at achieving their goals of playing soccer in college due to the decision that they've made to do so.  

Surely you'd disagree that achieving those goals are the pinnacle of, well ... "nothing really" -- right?

Keep fighting the fight ern. I think the idea of DA is great but I also think ecnl was already serving the same purpose. It's the rest of the mess that's been created...jdl..composite etc. no reason for any of it and I think it dilutes talent and coaching more than the previous set up. So keep mindlessly plugging the info you pick up from the bigs. I'm sure the crowds at jdl games are HUGE also.

What fight do ya think I'm fighting again there Jack?  As I've mentioned, I have no need to "fight" for anything ... Unlike many that utilize this forum, I'm actually happy with the NTX soccer scene plus my kids are happy wear they are.

And when responding to a post, let's try to address the content in the post itself (like PLAY2FEET unceremoniously attempted to do a bit earlier)  ... You did this exactly zero times here.  Now (speaking of "mindless") I'll address your blather --

I certainly agree that ECNL served the same exact purpose as DA is now and have never argued against that.  I have roundly argued over the years that talent is diluted here much due to JDL, Composite, etc, especially by JDL at U13.  I'm also just as much a proponent of the smaller clubs and those kids playing with them as you are ... Being a former Coach here at a couple of them will do that for you.  

The rose goes in the front big guy ...

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/09/17, 05:03 pm

*where they are BigErn it's where....

You're so articulate I just felt compelled to point out one of your small grammatical errors...

"Grammar Police!! Where ya at? Behind that preposition!!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 07/09/17, 05:45 pm

Doh! Rushed that one -

Much appreciated Sir!

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Nothing_but_net 07/09/17, 09:05 pm

soccertard wrote:So in conclusion, Solar and DTS played up in 05 Gold.  Sting Black went hiding in 06 Gold.

And Marsical played down in 06 Silver. Don't forget that.
Nothing_but_net
Nothing_but_net
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nothing_but_net 07/09/17, 09:19 pm

bassinyaface wrote:

What's the point in playing up, if every tournament you bring girls in to help you win?  Help me understand that and more importantly help the dts players that lost starting jobs for the event to understand what was the point besides winning a trophy.  How and why do you even start those 05 ECNL players vs. your normal starters (guests shouldn't start even if they are better than your starters)?  IMO, That's one of many ways you can break up a team over time.  The point is that Sal and the club and some of the dts parents are lost in a world of points, trophy's, and rankings.  Plain and simple.  It is a growing problem in the North Texas Soccer world.

And yes, DTS 06 did get points for winning PLD 2017 in the 05 gold division.

9/1/2017
Plano Labor Day Invitational XXXVII 
G13 Gold 
Champion 
 2655 points

You hit the nail on the head. It's all about wins, points, rankings, trophies, and more importantly-- $$.

Sure, players will sit on the bench and players will eventually leave. But they can say they are on the #__ team in north Texas, in the nation, whatever. More will come and take their spots when they leave. I have seen it happen for years on my oldest's team.

When you can make a living being a youth soccer coach, of course you want the money to keep coming in.
Nothing_but_net
Nothing_but_net
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/09/17, 09:25 pm

Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by bassinyaface 08/09/17, 07:32 am

& then you have BW whose only past time is to troll young girls soccer forums. I believe his daughter is well past the 10-11 age group. Some retirement plan BW.

bassinyaface
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/09/17, 08:03 am

Nothing_but_net wrote:
bassinyaface wrote:

What's the point in playing up, if every tournament you bring girls in to help you win?  Help me understand that and more importantly help the dts players that lost starting jobs for the event to understand what was the point besides winning a trophy.  How and why do you even start those 05 ECNL players vs. your normal starters (guests shouldn't start even if they are better than your starters)?  IMO, That's one of many ways you can break up a team over time.  The point is that Sal and the club and some of the dts parents are lost in a world of points, trophy's, and rankings.  Plain and simple.  It is a growing problem in the North Texas Soccer world.

And yes, DTS 06 did get points for winning PLD 2017 in the 05 gold division.

9/1/2017
Plano Labor Day Invitational XXXVII 
G13 Gold 
Champion 
 2655 points

You hit the nail on the head. It's all about wins, points, rankings, trophies, and more importantly-- $$.

Sure, players will sit on the bench and players will eventually leave. But they can say they are on the #__ team in north Texas, in the nation, whatever. More will come and take their spots when they leave. I have seen it happen for years on my oldest's team.

When you can make a living being a youth soccer coach, of course you want the money to keep coming in.

to maybe get acclimated to a different playing format....bigger field, longer times, more field players??

Big tournaments such as Labor Day where you do get big "GOTSOCCER" points, many teams do go in to win. You can save the "development" aspect for primetime tournaments and low level competition during league. From my personal experience winning reputations draw parents who have been losing in the name of "development" and want to taste victories. If you can get wins and a great coach then shux....you've been blessed.

Its not ALWAYS just about winning or losing or the age old "development" theories.
it could be all of the above.
But what I do know is, that its much easier for the audience to believe the negative motive of the coaches decision than it is any other.

Especially for a DTS team.

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 08/09/17, 08:33 am

Lets talk about this development theory. Of course you want to develop but that means that you may have some hard games and times when you are learning the correct fundamentals. At what point though do you say to yourself that winning needs to start to matter. By that at what time or how much time do you give the coach or team before you say to yourself this isn't working and we need to try something else. You can only use the development excuse for so long before those girls will be off to college. If you have developed the girls correctly then winning will be a by product of that development.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/09/17, 08:34 am

bassinyaface wrote:& then you have BW whose only past time is to troll young girls soccer forums.   I believe his daughter is well past the 10-11 age group.  Some retirement plan BW.

Call me what you will, but my emojis are adding more constructive commentary to this thread than you are...

Back to top Go down

Post by bassinyaface 08/09/17, 10:37 am

More telling is that your comments and your profile can be found on every thread on this forum. GAL

bassinyaface
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/09/17, 10:49 am

bwgophers wrote:
bassinyaface wrote:& then you have BW whose only past time is to troll young girls soccer forums.  you don't have to make the guy sound like some kind of creep, it'd be different if young girls actually participated on the forum.Nothing but bored soccer parents on here thank God I believe his daughter is well past the 10-11 age group.  Some retirement plan BW.

Call me what you will, but my emojis are adding more constructive commentary to this thread than you are...

Back to top Go down

Post by bassinyaface 08/09/17, 11:31 am

JonSneauxTargaryen wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
bassinyaface wrote:& then you have BW whose only past time is to troll young girls soccer forums.  you don't have to make the guy sound like some kind of creep, it'd be different if young girls actually participated on the forum.Nothing but bored soccer parents on here thank God I believe his daughter is well past the 10-11 age group.  Some retirement plan BW.

Those are your thoughts and words...not mine Neutral What a Face

bassinyaface
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/09/17, 11:32 am

bassinyaface wrote:More telling is that your comments and your profile can be found on every thread on this forum. GAL

Got a pretty good one, thanks!  It appears I'm much happier with mine too, since I'm not on here whining and crying because a bunch of 10-11 yr old girls didn't break any rules and won a few soccer games that no one will remember in 6 months...

Anyway, it sounds like there's a much bigger story about to blow up in '06 land that will get all the haters stirred up in a major tizzy... Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertard 08/09/17, 11:39 am

Speaking of whining and crying...sounds like someone is out of LH for this season...troubling times for that BIG5 club...
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 08/09/17, 12:09 pm

Who

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 08/09/17, 12:18 pm

Did Sal eat the 06 director?

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bassinyaface 08/09/17, 01:05 pm

As always you see your one sided goalie parent point of view.  Glad you stay in contact with your mouthy parents in 06 land.

bassinyaface
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertard 08/09/17, 01:07 pm

No pies...Look at the new thread...and Sting Black is still hiding...

https://www.txsoccer.net/t37050-rumblings-in-06-land
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bassinyaface 08/09/17, 01:13 pm

soccer tard you are retarded. Not breaking news that your retarded though.

bassinyaface
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertard 08/09/17, 01:22 pm

That is so offensive. City of Dallas is going to take down your statue next.
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 08/09/17, 01:45 pm

bassinyaface wrote:As always you see your one sided goalie parent point of view.  Glad you stay in contact with your mouthy parents in 06 land.
As a keeper parent I try and stay facing forward, nothing behind me. Its you field players that are all over the place. Very Happy

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 08/09/17, 01:46 pm

soccertard wrote:No pies...Look at the new thread...and Sting Black is still hiding...

https://www.txsoccer.net/t37050-rumblings-in-06-land
Seen it

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4