North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Rumblings in 06 Land - Page 5 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

Rumblings in 06 Land

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Rumblings in 06 Land - Page 5 Empty Re: Rumblings in 06 Land

Post by KeeperCommander 12/09/17, 10:22 am

06southgirl wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
soccerDAD88 wrote:Reguardless if he took the team over last spring or this fall. The coach is the final say of the team. He is the one making the decisions of the team. Bottom line the Coach should be banned the manager should be banned and the child should be banned.

The club should bring over another coach to finish the year out.
Do you really think banning an 11 year old for something the dad did is a useful way to deal with it. Dad and coach are a different animal of course.

Do you really think the kid had no idea what she was doing was wrong?  She had no idea of her birth year and those she was playing with?  I certainly agree the dad/TM should be punished.  Coach?  Tough to prove fault, don't think my dds coach has seen her birth cert, so reasonable to believe this coach wouldn't know.  

I agree.  As a manager I receive the birth certificates. For US Club I upload to get player cards and they have to approve the BC.   For NTX I upload there as well and the registrar has to review and approve to issue player cards there .   If the birth certificate was altered and done so very well it is possible all those who reviewed can miss it.      So ultimately the only person in the wrong is the parent who altered it.  
I would have to agree that the person most at fault is the person who did the wrong doing. That doesnt free others from shouldering some blame. If coach really did not know and I mean trully did not then his punishment should be bare minimum. His team so he has to take some heat. Perhaps a couple game suspension. If the coach did know something was not right then it shold be the year. If he was involved then it is a complete ban. Just an opinion though.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by RTD05 12/09/17, 10:45 am

It is a tough issue as to what should happen to the coach. It would be hard to catch a false birth certificate if it was done well, but saying the coach gets off with no punishment does nothing to curb this problem. Should the coach at least be required to inspect the birth certificates? Should the coach ask players why they are two school grades above her teammates? Should the degree of punishment for the coach be based on how good the false birth certificate looks? If the coach had knowledge of the facts, then a very stiff penalty is appropriate. Maybe if there was a mandatory penalty for the clubs (on top of a penalty based on the facts for the coach) the clubs would put better protocols in place to verify ages ... but I'm sure this would not catch all the issues.

A stiff fine and 1000 hours of community service (maybe maintaining multiple soccer complexes around the metroplex) seems appropriate for the parent, but I doubt there is a way to enforce that. I feel for the young girl involved. Maybe she has some responsibility, but that is not so clear cut. You don't know how the parent tried to justify it to her, and it is a tall order to expect an 11 or 12 year old brain to recognize that the person she has looked up to all her life is in reality a very lame parent who should not be trusted anymore. I am not saying she escapes the consequences of her lame parent's decision, and maybe she understood the magnitude of the wrong, but that is a tough position to put an 11 or 12 year old in. Horrible parenting.

RTD05
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertard 12/09/17, 10:57 am

I blame climate change for all of this...
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 12/09/17, 10:58 am

It is horrible parenting to say the least.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 12/09/17, 10:59 am

soccertard wrote:I blame climate change for all of this...
So now you are blaming my truck, cool.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 12/09/17, 11:09 am

Hmm.. It's never the coach fault on why a team loses, it's never a coach fault on why his/her team didn't qualify for xyz, it's never a coach fault on why she/he late or no show for a game, it's never a coach fault for getting tossed in a game, it's never a coach fault for not getting kids minutes, it's never a coach fault for bringing in CPP to a game, tournament, etc. It's never a coach fault for anything. It's always the kids and parents fault and a coach regardless of what the rules say seems to always just move on and continue to collect his/her check. I think all the coaches are either connected to the Clintons or take course every year from slick willie himself on the art of deflection and taking no accountability. This is disgusting.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach 12/09/17, 11:32 am

soccertard wrote:I blame climate change for all of this...

Why don't you just blame Unicorns and Fairies?
They are about as real as climate change.

Shocked

Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Just-a-Keeper 12/09/17, 11:50 am

TxFutbal wrote:
Just-a-Keeper wrote:Glotz team was in attendance Sunday for their JDL game.  The team rotated 2 field players in box.

I would also like to possibly throw out a scenario clearing Glotz of any wrong doing (but ultimately only he knows and maybe a few others) .  If My memory serves me correctly this was not Glotz's team...was this team not pieced together by Guzman? I could be completely off based but I thought the team was handed over a month or two after signing day.  So, if young lady in question was already on the roster it is feasible to say coach had no knowledge as the team wss handed over.

In case anyone is wondering my daughter's affiliation is D'feeters-kicks.  

This has rumblings of some bad blood somewhere.  Could it be your DD once played for coach prior to JG and looking for payback?  If so, all you did was hurt the kids.  Not saying what manager did/didn't do isn't accountable for own actions, but maybe this could have been handled differently where maybe the team/teammates were also not held accountable.  We all know the team would have ended up with the exact same outcome in QT and game results with or without the player in question.

Also, if you are following the rules of the game, it doesn't matter if the coach knew the issue or not, he/she signs off on the roster and is ultimately accountable for every kid on the roster.  The manager does not sign off on the roster is my understanding.  So why do the kids and manager get punished but not the coach?  Makes no sense..  If you are going to punish the kids, you have to punish the coach because the kids certainly had no knowledge, and per your comment that the coach had no knowledge.  So why are the kids being punished but not the coach?  I wonder if anyone has asked NTSSA this question.

No bad blood here or anywhere else. My daughter has only played for 1 coach..none of which have been Glotz or JG. Just defending a guy taking some unnecessary criticism. There is very good chance JG had no knowledge either. As others have since noted most coaches never see a birth certificate as team managers take care of the paperwork (for most teams). I do have to agree with part of what you wrote...if the rules state the coach is responsible for the roster then yes the coach should have to serve punishment as well.

Just-a-Keeper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 12/09/17, 12:35 pm

RTD05 wrote:Maybe if there was a mandatory penalty for the clubs (on top of a penalty based on the facts for the coach) the clubs would put better protocols in place to verify ages ... but I'm sure this would not catch all the issues.
I dont think that what you said would catch more offenders either, it would be better suited to deter such behavior before it happened.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by RTD05 12/09/17, 01:39 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
RTD05 wrote:Maybe if there was a mandatory penalty for the clubs (on top of a penalty based on the facts for the coach) the clubs would put better protocols in place to verify ages ... but I'm sure this would not catch all the issues.
I dont think that what you said would catch more offenders either, it would be better suited to deter such behavior before it happened.

Well, I think that depends on whether the clubs (or even the soccer associations/leagues/etc.) actually put in some better protocols to address this, and it depends on how well thought out the protocols are. But I realize that clubs/associations/leagues/etc. are going to do a cost/benefit analysis and are not likely to spend too much effort and expense to try to catch the few (I hope it is only a few) cheaters.

RTD05
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertard 12/09/17, 02:17 pm

Is it possible there was collusion with the Russians on this? Wasn't the, now former Manager, Jared Kushner?
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertard 15/09/17, 11:07 am

So? What's verdict on Foxy Glotzy?
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by thefly1 18/09/17, 07:18 am

call me crazy, but i swore i saw him coaching sting west yesterday.

thefly1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SkeetsG06 18/09/17, 08:10 am

thefly1 wrote:call me crazy, but i swore i saw him coaching sting west yesterday.

He coached SB As coach AG was out of town.

He did not get penalized bc the incident happened in Jan of 2016. Glotz took over the team in Spring of 2017.

SkeetsG06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertard 18/09/17, 08:35 am

Wha??? That doesn't make any sense. Nobody was mandated to be AP in Jan of 2016? If they signed a contract on July 1st of 2017? I mean everyone on the team in Jan of 2016, including Sting as an organization, would have known the birth year of this player.

I guess if you're not cheating, you're not trying.
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SkeetsG06 18/09/17, 08:56 am

There was an AP league spring of 2016. The teams split into AP Jan 2016, signed July 1, 2016.  Glotz took over for spring season 2017 and signed the same team with some additions and subtractions July 1, 2017.

Not sure what the deal is against Glotz.  He inherited a situation.  Maybe coaches need forensic degrees to notice tampered documents.  

IMO this thread is tired.  The culprits were punished, some innocent dds were unfortunately  punished, it's a sad part of history...time to move on.

SkeetsG06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertard 18/09/17, 09:25 am

I disagree.  Personally I like Foxy Glotzy, but the Club should be penalized for this.  What about the 20 something teams that would have liked to have been in D3?  Maybe they should all get refunds?  Maybe Sting should pay for those refunds?

Better yet.  As solution to all of this.  Let's paint and logo the porta potty's at LH with Sting.  AND, all parents, officials, players, and refs, should be forced to say "I'm going to take a Sting", and not "I'm going to the bathroom".  That should be in place for 21 months.
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerparent5 18/09/17, 09:46 am

I agree, this thread is tired.

Soccerparent5
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 18/09/17, 10:37 am

Soccerparent5 wrote:I agree, this thread is tired.  
Couple of things. 06's and Sting are not being singled out, doesnt matter the age group or club this was going to make forum news for a few weeks. Second yes the matter is losing its luster, so just hold out a bit longer and it will pass. Last lets just back up two steps, what makes any of you posters think that they were going to punish Glotz?

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerKick 18/09/17, 11:16 am

SkeetsG06 wrote:
IMO this thread is tired.  The culprits were punished, some innocent dds were unfortunately  punished, it's a sad part of history...time to move on.

I am sorry I cannot agree.

"Innocent kids got punished !!!" And nobody responsible for the accident? Not the club not the coach. How can you prevent "innocent kids punished" in the future?

I think the club should be punished since that culprit was in the system before age pure, the club knows but just ignore it since it won't matter to them.

I think the coach should be punished so that he is hold on for the responsibility and warning all coaches for future action.

I think the innocent kids should not be punished, instead LH and Sting need to work together to find those innocent kids to new team.

PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 18/09/17, 11:45 am

PowerKick wrote:
SkeetsG06 wrote:

I am sorry I cannot agree.

"Innocent kids got punished !!!" And nobody responsible for the accident? Not the club not the coach. How can you prevent "innocent kids punished" in the future?

I think the club should be punished since that culprit was in the system before age pure, the club knows but just ignore it since it won't matter to them.

I think the coach should be punished so that he is hold on for the responsibility and warning all coaches for future action.

I think the innocent kids should not be punished, instead LH and Sting need to work together to find those innocent kids to new team.

PK!!! Period of mourning over? You still have your man crush on Missing Sense? Maybe doing some private skills with him?

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 04/10/17, 10:18 am

There's no new teams in LH to play on CPP option is gone They still get their trophies in JDL and a pat on the back. Development is the goal not wins and losses like the real.world. it was a good thought to come with the real.team but the 05 player spoiled their fun.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 04/10/17, 10:53 am

I guess the real question will be how this affects the minimized CPP resources for the remainder of the season for the other teams in LH and playing on same days. That's where you will see some effects. This was not in their plans of 2 D2 byes and having the pool for next season and dual rosters. It's definitely a business set back for the little Suzie looking for the bench.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 05/10/17, 06:13 am

Ashundo mosheika a sheika mosheye!!!

If Sting is smart they should provide some monies back to the kids and parents. Leadership somewhere knew what time it was. Step up and do the right thing.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by unknownposter 05/10/17, 08:18 am

Medicine Man wrote:Ashundo mosheika a sheika mosheye!!!

If Sting is smart they should provide some monies back to the kids and parents. Leadership somewhere knew what time it was. Step up and do the right thing.

What the hell is wrong with you, 55 post in 7 days and not a single one has any value? Get a life...

Rolling Eyes

unknownposter
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CluelessinTX 05/10/17, 08:48 am

unknownposter wrote:
Medicine Man wrote:Ashundo mosheika a sheika mosheye!!!

What the hell is wrong with you, 55 post in 7 days and not a single one has any value?  Get a life...

Rolling Eyes

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation  Yaaas!  Exactly.  cheers
CluelessinTX
CluelessinTX
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next