Latest topics
And it begins...Today at 07:19 pmSoccerSuckers
TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMSToday at 05:35 pmSeed
10 Girls Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Today at 02:41 pmU90C
08 Girls Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Today at 01:49 pmU90C
TOURNAMENT: THE ROCK - AUSTIN - Nov. 9-11, 2018Today at 11:47 amU90C
09 Girls Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Today at 11:46 amU90C
2018 America's Red, White & Blue CupToday at 08:50 amLiverpool Tournaments
Here were go again - Games CancellationYesterday at 08:07 pmMurderWasTheCase
Defunct Club?Yesterday at 03:42 pmSoccerSuckers
07 Boys Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Yesterday at 01:49 pmU90C
08 Boys Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Yesterday at 01:48 pmU90C
09 Boys Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Yesterday at 01:47 pmU90C
Liverpool 09 Flynn Yesterday at 01:42 pmLP_Elite
FALL '18 - SPRING '19 CLASSIC LEAGUE KICK-OFF by GamedayYesterday at 11:32 amGameday 04 New
06 Boys Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)Yesterday at 10:06 amU90C
05 Girls Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Yesterday at 10:04 amU90C
13 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)Yesterday at 10:04 amU90C
Solar 11g Barnes Open practicesYesterday at 09:19 amSportsmanship
Solar Mattice 09B - Soccer OpportunitiesYesterday at 09:03 amkmattice
Team DQ'ed from Lake Highlands D323/09/18, 10:25 pmcoachdom23
Crazyfeet 06/07 Girls - Looking for players23/09/18, 09:55 amsoccaloco
Crazyfeet 06/07 Girls - Looking for players23/09/18, 09:55 amsoccaloco
FREE Liverpool Street Soccer - FRIDAY NIGHTS - Two Locations23/09/18, 08:04 amSoccerSuckers
U12 DA Landscape22/09/18, 11:32 pmfactsmatter
Week 1 in D122/09/18, 09:09 amTexanDad37
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Statistics
We have 12668 registered users
The newest registered user is DRFC Academy

Our users have posted a total of 182090 messages in 24173 subjects

Game of the Week:

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by 5050Ball on 13/09/17, 01:20 pm

TxFutbal wrote:I bet there about 30 girls from those 2 teams that may disagree with you.  Maybe the ECNL and DA teams/girls left LH because they were too scaarrd to play these 2 teams.  

Yeah, I can see that as a driving motivator. Rolling Eyes

5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 211
Join date : 2015-06-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by SoccerPunch on 13/09/17, 01:22 pm

I know this article is old but have any of you read it?
Interesting.
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2016/03/22/will-high-school-soccer-programs-suffer-us-soccer-academies-tighten-grip-young-talent

Quote:
Almost 90 percent of ECNL's graduates go on to play college soccer every year.

Yet U.S. Soccer thought change was needed.


SoccerPunch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 30
Points : 419
Join date : 2017-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by purplefrog on 13/09/17, 01:27 pm

So who won the game yesterday?
avatar
purplefrog
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 138
Points : 1598
Join date : 2014-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by Big Ern on 13/09/17, 01:48 pm

TxFutbal wrote:I bet there about 30 girls from those 2 teams that may disagree with you.  Maybe the ECNL and DA teams/girls left LH because they were too scaarrd to play these 2 teams.  

Maybe Wink

But given that those of us that disagree with you have seen the 03 Grado kids (or that level in general) in addition to the ENCL & DA kids play, while you clearly have not, you may wanna take my advice and have a look at one of those matches this weekend.  

As I mentioned ... it'd be good for those kids playing in LHGCL as well -- even ole Chuck would agree!

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 967
Points : 2490
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by purplefrog on 13/09/17, 02:11 pm

So...who won the Game of the Week yesterday?
avatar
purplefrog
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 138
Points : 1598
Join date : 2014-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by purplefrog on 13/09/17, 02:16 pm

Also, everyone remember to get back on here and make sure we talk about Big Ern's dds game this weekend so he doesn't get upset.
avatar
purplefrog
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 138
Points : 1598
Join date : 2014-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by SickofStupidity on 13/09/17, 02:21 pm

I was hoping he would post the time and place.

Gotta see if it conflicts with the Olympic Curling Trials.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 880
Points : 2483
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by Big Ern on 13/09/17, 02:24 pm

purplefrog wrote:Also, everyone remember to get back on here and make sure we talk about Big Ern's dds game this weekend so he doesn't get upset.  

Good stuff frog and you're really startin' to live up to that screen name there SoS ... Just two things boys --

None of my kids play on any of the teams participating in the games I mentioned,

and ...

The score of the LH game is posted in this very thread

Sheish.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 967
Points : 2490
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by purplefrog on 13/09/17, 02:27 pm

BigErn wrote:
purplefrog wrote:Also, everyone remember to get back on here and make sure we talk about Big Ern's dds game this weekend so he doesn't get upset.  

Good stuff frog and you're really startin' to live up to that screen name there SoS ... Just two things boys --

None of my kids play on any of the teams participating in the games I mentioned,

and ...

The score of the LH game is posted in this very thread

Sheish.

Oh, don't get your thong in a wad Ern...I was just messing with ya
avatar
purplefrog
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 138
Points : 1598
Join date : 2014-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by SickofStupidity on 13/09/17, 02:29 pm

BigErn wrote:
purplefrog wrote:Also, everyone remember to get back on here and make sure we talk about Big Ern's dds game this weekend so he doesn't get upset.  

Good stuff frog and you're really startin' to live up to that screen name there SoS ... Just two things boys --

None of my kids play on any of the teams participating in the games I mentioned,

and ...

The score of the LH game is posted in this very thread

Sheish.


Houston Dash games not worth watching this weekend?

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 880
Points : 2483
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by Big Ern on 13/09/17, 02:31 pm

SickofSilliness wrote:I was hoping he would post the time and place.

Gotta see if it conflicts with the Olympic Curling Trials.

As requested SoS ...

Saturday, September 16 2017
4:30 PM
#4141164
FC Dallas U-15
Toyota Soccer Center - Field 8
Houston Dash U-15

Sunday, September 17 2017
9:00 AM
#4141145
Dallas Texans U-15
Ross Stewart Soccer Complex
Solar Soccer Club U-15

Now get out there to see what all the fuss is about  Very Happy

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 967
Points : 2490
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by purplefrog on 13/09/17, 02:37 pm

BigErn wrote:
SickofSilliness wrote:I was hoping he would post the time and place.

Gotta see if it conflicts with the Olympic Curling Trials.

As requested SoS ...

Saturday, September 16 2017
4:30 PM
#4141164
FC Dallas U-15
Toyota Soccer Center - Field 8
Houston Dash U-15

Sunday, September 17 2017
9:00 AM
#4141145
Dallas Texans U-15
Ross Stewart Soccer Complex
Solar Soccer Club U-15

Now get out there to see what all the fuss is about  Very Happy

American Football season started Ern.  If you're out there watching any soccer games on Saturday or Sunday, in which your dd isn't playing in, then I'll go out on a limb and say Big Ern may actually be a woman


Last edited by purplefrog on 13/09/17, 02:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to make sure BigErn knew I was talking about actual football and not soccer)
avatar
purplefrog
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 138
Points : 1598
Join date : 2014-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by Big Ern on 13/09/17, 03:15 pm

Right frog ... and touche.  I could be a woman ... or a former coach + lover of the game.

I love me some real football as well, just thought given that some you guys are so vehemently opposed to even the idea of the Girl's USSDA just seeing the letters D and A together in a post will cause you to spew some irrelevant, emotionally charged reply, you'd want to go out a watch just so you can post some bs on Monday that the level is the same and it's a waste of time and money.  Not to mention that if your kid is passionate about her sport and improving, she may actually want to get out to watch.

And not sure how many football games you'll find going at 9am Sunday -- Good luck out there Sir!

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 967
Points : 2490
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by soccerjack on 13/09/17, 03:56 pm

A lot of us have already been or got the low down on the game of the week. Can you just film the highlights of the weekend games and point out when some really cool development things are happening?
avatar
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 993
Points : 2558
Join date : 2014-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by ShinGuardian on 13/09/17, 04:07 pm

soccerjack wrote:A lot of us have already been or got the low down on the game of the week. Can you just film the highlights of the weekend games and point out when some really cool development things are happening?



Add music?

ShinGuardian
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 2
Points : 389
Join date : 2017-09-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by Guest on 13/09/17, 04:46 pm

HeadHaunter wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
HeadHaunter wrote:
TxFutbal wrote:Can you imagine where the Grado team would be if age pure hadn't have bitten them.  They lost offensive fire power with the split

As did many teams - throw in DA and the immediate defection of non-DA players heading to ECNL and a lot of teams were affected - could you imagine what a lot of these teams might look like had none of that taken place?

I'm thinking they'd still both look like the 3rd best team in their age group at their respective clubs...

OK, now that's funny right there... cheers lol!


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by soccerjack on 13/09/17, 10:08 pm

BigErn wrote:Right frog ... and touche.  I could be a woman ... or a former coach + lover of the game.

I love me some real football as well, just thought given that some you guys are so vehemently opposed to even the idea of the Girl's USSDA just seeing the letters D and A together in a post will cause you to spew some irrelevant, emotionally charged reply, you'd want to go out a watch just so you can post some bs on Monday that the level is the same and it's a waste of time and money.  Not to mention that if your kid is passionate about her sport and improving, she may actually want to get out to watch.

And not sure how many football games you'll find going at 9am Sunday -- Good luck out there Sir!

You're right ern. Sorry for not caring enough. I promise if my kid ever asks to go see a DA game on a Sunday morning.... I'll have her mother take her.  Since you don't watch football maybe you all could go shopping afterwards...or at least until the games are over.
avatar
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 993
Points : 2558
Join date : 2014-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by Holly Hunter on 14/09/17, 10:02 am

bwgophers wrote:
HeadHaunter wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
HeadHaunter wrote:
TxFutbal wrote:Can you imagine where the Grado team would be if age pure hadn't have bitten them.  They lost offensive fire power with the split

As did many teams - throw in DA and the immediate defection of non-DA players heading to ECNL and a lot of teams were affected - could you imagine what a lot of these teams might look like had none of that taken place?

I'm thinking they'd still both look like the 3rd best team in their age group at their respective clubs...

OK, now that's funny right there... cheers lol!


avatar
Holly Hunter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 187
Points : 1634
Join date : 2014-10-15
Location : NTX

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by SickofStupidity on 14/09/17, 11:54 am

soccerjack wrote:
BigErn wrote:Right frog ... and touche.  I could be a woman ... or a former coach + lover of the game.

I love me some real football as well, just thought given that some you guys are so vehemently opposed to even the idea of the Girl's USSDA just seeing the letters D and A together in a post will cause you to spew some irrelevant, emotionally charged reply, you'd want to go out a watch just so you can post some bs on Monday that the level is the same and it's a waste of time and money.  Not to mention that if your kid is passionate about her sport and improving, she may actually want to get out to watch.

And not sure how many football games you'll find going at 9am Sunday -- Good luck out there Sir!

You're right ern. Sorry for not caring enough. I promise if my kid ever asks to go see a DA game on a Sunday morning.... I'll have her mother take her.  Since you don't watch football maybe you all could go shopping afterwards...or at least until the games are over.


Chelsea vs. Arsenal

or

14-year-old DA kickball direct soccer with some elitist parents (not you BigE) who act like DA is the only "real" soccer there is

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 880
Points : 2483
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch on 19/09/17, 04:57 pm

LP Owen - 1
Solar Grado - 0

Just curious. Is this the same Grado team in LHD2 that went 19-0, scored 75 goals and only gave up 3? Don't believe anyone answered this question. Twisted Evil
avatar
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 869
Points : 3320
Join date : 2012-04-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by BWsBW on 19/09/17, 05:27 pm

Looks like they lost several to DA. The Coach has quite a bit of work to do with the new recruits.

BWsBW
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 8
Points : 408
Join date : 2017-08-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch on 19/09/17, 11:51 pm

BWsBW wrote:Looks like they lost several to DA.  The Coach has quite a bit of work to do with the new recruits.  

OK, I'll bite.. I've seen FCD, Solar, & Texans DA teams and it's the usual suspects on these teams.. Grado lost several to DA, that I don't believe but I could be wrong..
avatar
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 869
Points : 3320
Join date : 2012-04-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by TwistAndShout on 20/09/17, 12:44 pm

Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:
BWsBW wrote:Looks like they lost several to DA.  The Coach has quite a bit of work to do with the new recruits.  

OK, I'll bite.. I've seen FCD, Solar, & Texans DA teams and it's the usual suspects on these teams.. Grado lost several to DA, that I don't believe but I could be wrong..

Maybe he meant to say ECNL?

TwistAndShout
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 58
Points : 966
Join date : 2016-04-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by purplefrog on 20/09/17, 01:38 pm

This thread sucks now that BigE quit taking the bait. BigE, you there? How was your dd's big game of the weekend?
avatar
purplefrog
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 138
Points : 1598
Join date : 2014-10-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by Big Ern on 20/09/17, 02:50 pm

^ Adh-orr-obb-leh ... must be Italian.

Good enough to keep er goin' there frog?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 967
Points : 2490
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Game of the Week:

Post by purplefrog on 20/09/17, 04:57 pm

Eh...I honestly expected more out of you.
avatar
purplefrog
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 138
Points : 1598
Join date : 2014-10-22

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum