Latest topics
Here were go again - Games CancellationToday at 07:00 pmSoccerSuckers
TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMSToday at 06:49 pmNtxsoccerfan08
FREE Liverpool Street Soccer - FRIDAY NIGHTS - Two LocationsToday at 01:06 pmZizou
Week 1 in D1Today at 09:09 amTexanDad37
Team ByeToday at 08:32 am7WhiskeyPapa
Club PaymentsToday at 03:22 amupper95
Team DQ'ed from Lake Highlands D3Yesterday at 07:11 pmMurderWasTheCase
Solar Bag #11 for saleYesterday at 02:56 pmsolar2009girls
06 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)Yesterday at 02:13 pmU90C
TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNLYesterday at 02:03 pmPelepelepele
Possible DA girl moving to TexasYesterday at 01:05 pm06Southgirl
Cost for Keeper TrainingYesterday at 11:15 amsoccerhuh18
Goalie Needed!!!Yesterday at 11:11 amdallasrayados
Defunct Club?Yesterday at 10:58 amTheKeeper'sDad
07 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)Yesterday at 10:49 amU90C
07 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)Yesterday at 10:49 amU90C
04 Girls Teams - THE ROCK (Nov. 9-11)Yesterday at 10:46 amU90C
03 Classic League D1Yesterday at 10:34 amLongview
Tuesday Night - Injured PlayerYesterday at 08:48 amcanaryman
FC Thunderbirds have few open roster spots (05)Yesterday at 08:39 amFCTB
2011 Boys20/09/18, 02:40 pmjustasoccerdad101
FCUSA looking for 3-4 players to round out team20/09/18, 12:17 pmFCUSARV
Solar 11G Evans - Allen/McKinney/Plano/Frisco20/09/18, 10:11 ammamabee
06 Boys Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)20/09/18, 09:07 amU90C
Looking for Solar Select Uniform #13, Youth Large19/09/18, 07:34 pmsoccer_foulz
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Statistics
We have 12665 registered users
The newest registered user is northsoccer

Our users have posted a total of 182040 messages in 24164 subjects

07' ODP

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

07' ODP

Post by TheKeeper'sDad on 21/09/17, 10:33 am

How many 07's showed up for the ODP tryouts? Did any of the top girls go out or will they just be playing for their DA teams?

TheKeeper'sDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 34
Points : 525
Join date : 2017-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: 07' ODP

Post by goscore! on 21/09/17, 11:16 am

There were maybe 40 '07s at the 2nd session last Sunday.
There were 6 girls from top 07 teams - well, some of them are now playing 06, as a team or individually, as I understand it. They were grouped together for the end so the Coaches probably divided'em up by ability, at least for the last scrimmage of the day.

There's quite a difference between those girls and the rest of the attendees (half of who probably don't even play select)!
2 of "those girls" were as big as the coach! (Not taking anything away, they just stood out - they were skilled, very fast & VERY aggressive).

I wonder if "those girls" will actually pay the fee to be on the team to attend the ODP practices...Wouldn't seem worth it, if they are used to challenging games & practice sessions IMHO

Oh - DA isn't for another 2 years for the 07s right?


Last edited by goscore! on 21/09/17, 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : DA?)

goscore!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 67
Points : 2514
Join date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: 07' ODP

Post by TheKeeper'sDad on 21/09/17, 11:36 am

It slipped my mind that the DA starts at U13. I just wondered with JDL and Lake Highlands are the Club coaches telling their players not to bother with the ODP?

TheKeeper'sDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 34
Points : 525
Join date : 2017-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: 07' ODP

Post by goscore! on 21/09/17, 11:40 am

Funny you mentioned that - yes, coaches are apparently telling their players NOT to do ODP or neglecting to mention it at all!
I was chatting with several parents who told me the same thing! My dd's coach thought it was a good idea so that was news to us.

goscore!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 67
Points : 2514
Join date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: 07' ODP

Post by TheKeeper'sDad on 21/09/17, 11:45 am

Is it true that the 07 ODP will only practice and won't even have a single game this year? If that is true then what is the point of paying the registration fee and having to pay for uniforms?

TheKeeper'sDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 34
Points : 525
Join date : 2017-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: 07' ODP

Post by goscore! on 21/09/17, 12:07 pm

Here's what I understand - but it could be wrong.
10 practices and 2 tournaments
The $360 if you make the pool is for practices, then the $100 for uniforms (3) and a TBD tournament fee -only  if you make the team, which is formed from the pool.

goscore!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 67
Points : 2514
Join date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: 07' ODP

Post by TxFutbal on 21/09/17, 03:25 pm

Have fun.. There are very strong opinions on both sides with regards to ODP.. Make your decision based on your DD attitude towards ODP and don't make it because you get sucked into the propaganda behind it. At the end of the day, the same FCD coaches that coach "regular soccer" coach ODP. I know many girls that love ODP and have made friends with other girls from other teams, and I know many girls who said it was a complete waste of time because there was no development. I also know many kids who were overly qualified for ODP but played the wrong position and were not offered an opportunity. ODP mostly takes forwards and mids. There are not many positions open to pure defenders because ODP is all about developing the next super star goal scorers.
My oldest DD played 3 years and retired last year and my youngest chose not to try out because she wanted to play softball as her 2nd sport to soccer... go figure.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 392
Points : 1160
Join date : 2016-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: 07' ODP

Post by boilerjoe_96 on 21/09/17, 03:26 pm

goscore! wrote:There were maybe 40 '07s at the 2nd session last Sunday.
There were 6 girls from top 07 teams - well, some of them are now playing 06, as a team or individually, as I understand it. They were grouped together for the end so the Coaches probably divided'em up by ability, at least for the last scrimmage of the day.

There's quite a difference between those girls and the rest of the attendees (half of who probably don't even play select)!
2 of "those girls" were as big as the coach! (Not taking anything away, they just stood out - they were skilled, very fast & VERY aggressive).

I wonder if "those girls" will actually pay the fee to be on the team to attend the ODP practices...Wouldn't seem worth it, if they are used to challenging games & practice sessions IMHO

Oh - DA isn't for another 2 years for the 07s right?

I counted 7 including a keeper. Would be quite the team to see them play together, but doubtful that happens too many conflicts usually pop up.

My dd coach had nothing negative to say about ODP. Didnt seem to be much chatter overall about it, turnout showed that as well.

My dd had fun, so why not.
avatar
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 635
Points : 3068
Join date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: 07' ODP

Post by Big Ern on 21/09/17, 04:32 pm

TxFutbal wrote:Have fun.. There are very strong opinions on both sides with regards to ODP.. Make your decision based on your DD attitude towards ODP and don't make it because you get sucked into the propaganda behind it.  At the end of the day, the same FCD coaches that coach "regular soccer" coach ODP.  I know many girls that love ODP and have made friends with other girls from other teams, and I know many girls who said it was a complete waste of time because there was no development.  I also know many kids who were overly qualified for ODP but played the wrong position and were not offered an opportunity.  ODP mostly takes forwards and mids.  There are not many positions open to pure defenders because ODP is all about developing the next super star goal scorers.
My oldest DD played 3 years and retired last year and my youngest chose not to try out because she wanted to play softball as her 2nd sport to soccer... go figure.

HOLY JEEZ.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 967
Points : 2487
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 07' ODP

Post by TheKeeper'sDad on 21/09/17, 05:19 pm

Thank you all for the information, and the different thoughts on ODP. I think Joe said it best, as long as the DD is having fun that's all that really matters.

TheKeeper'sDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 34
Points : 525
Join date : 2017-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: 07' ODP

Post by boilerjoe_96 on 21/09/17, 05:58 pm

Well, in my haste I left out... driving to Corsicana for practice would be 1 reason as to 'why not'. I hope they have some more centrally located practices.
avatar
boilerjoe_96
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 635
Points : 3068
Join date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

Re: 07' ODP

Post by TheKeeper'sDad on 21/09/17, 07:33 pm

That's a great reason to not go. Why would they have it in Corsicana and not in Frisco?

TheKeeper'sDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 34
Points : 525
Join date : 2017-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: 07' ODP

Post by Zizou on 21/09/17, 08:26 pm

ODP training sessions suck, practice locations and facilities are horrible, and the regional camp cost is outrageous. However, if their are no club conflict , and their will be, the weekend state team competitions are worth it and fun.


Last edited by Zizou on 21/09/17, 08:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2322
Points : 4195
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 07' ODP

Post by Zizou on 21/09/17, 08:29 pm

TheKeeper'sDad wrote:That's a great reason to not go.  Why would they have it in Corsicana and not in Frisco?


Field rental cost.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2322
Points : 4195
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 07' ODP

Post by TheKeeper'sDad on 21/09/17, 08:31 pm

There are fields all over the DFW area. I'm sure they could find something that is in good condition and at a fair cost.

TheKeeper'sDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 34
Points : 525
Join date : 2017-05-27

Back to top Go down

Re: 07' ODP

Post by Zizou on 21/09/17, 08:37 pm

Back in the day, they would rent multiple fields on Sunday's for training. With all the new leagues and games being played on both Saturday and Sunday. I don't think it is as easy as we think it should be. Toyota park charges everyone maximum price to get on those fields unless your in FCD red.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2322
Points : 4195
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 07' ODP

Post by Blues Fan on 22/09/17, 07:32 am

Zizou, you would of course buy and build the nicest fields in North Texas and then let anyone who wants them rent them for next to nothing? You need a hug man! The hate you have is ridiculous.
avatar
Blues Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 150
Points : 1988
Join date : 2013-09-16

Back to top Go down

Re: 07' ODP

Post by TxFutbal on 22/09/17, 11:16 am

You would think with all the money the Hunts and Jones have they would let the kids play for free just for the Love of the Game. Do they really need the extra $5 per car per day to park at a kid tournament or charge a bazillion $ per hour to rent the fields? Come on Man.. why not break-even or take a loss and get a tax deduction! Do they really need that extra $1 to add to the billions they already have? Can't take it with them when they are gone.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 392
Points : 1160
Join date : 2016-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: 07' ODP

Post by RightWingDad on 22/09/17, 12:44 pm

Maybe not a fair comparison, but ever see the condition of "free housing"? Even in business, when teams perform work for free, it's rarely appreciated and in many cases people want the Ferrari version for same as free. Not reality, but often the expectation.

Why don't these clubs seek real business partners that underwrite some of the parent spend...either on fields or uniform kits in exchange for some advertising. That would be a win in my book. Always wondered what that Solar-Chelsea or Texan Man-U or is it Atleti, or Andro-Tottenham affiliation ever did for kids or families...except send a few coaches to UK and a few junior coaches here to US to charge parents $250 for summer camp.

Unfortunately in NTX, we live in a pay-to-play system for most players. Not all, but most. Just the way it is.

My kid is not likely to ever be at DA level, but I am rooting for them, or someone like them who can help reduce cost and develop kids who love the game. I think it will take some time, maybe a decade for that to happen...fighting through the politics, etc. But I hope future DD's will have more opportunities in the beautiful game than they do now.
avatar
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 630
Points : 2991
Join date : 2012-06-15
Location : Dangerously close to the touch line

Back to top Go down

Re: 07' ODP

Post by Blues Fan on 22/09/17, 01:01 pm

TxFutbal wrote:You would think with all the money the Hunts and Jones have they would let the kids play for free just for the Love of the Game.  Do they really need the extra $5 per car per day to park at a kid tournament or charge a bazillion $ per hour to rent the fields?  Come on Man.. why not break-even or take a loss and get a tax deduction!  Do they really need that extra $1 to add to the billions they already have?  Can't take it with them when they are gone.

Love the guy with an idea on how someone else should spend their money. Why because you would do the same if you had his money? Laughing
avatar
Blues Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 150
Points : 1988
Join date : 2013-09-16

Back to top Go down

Re: 07' ODP

Post by Zizou on 22/09/17, 01:11 pm

Blues Fan wrote:Zizou, you would of course buy and build the nicest fields in North Texas and then let anyone who wants them rent them for next to nothing? You need a hug man! The hate you have is ridiculous.

I love you too. I feel much better now. Thanks

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2322
Points : 4195
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 07' ODP

Post by TxFutbal on 22/09/17, 03:28 pm

Ha.. I am as capitalistic and conservative as they come. I am in no way suggesting how the .01% spend their money, but will say the .01% definitely have more opportunity to serve than even the 1%. Just sayin thatkids being brought up by all of Trump's deplorables like to play on nice fields just like crooked Hillary's supporters do in socialistic country we call Cali. Just askin Hunt and Jones to cut a brother a break.. I buy their $10 beers, at least they could do is let me park for free while I watch my kids play at Toyota.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 392
Points : 1160
Join date : 2016-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: 07' ODP

Post by Nomansoccerdad on 30/09/17, 11:12 am

It is so fun to read these posts and so obvious that the larger clubs use either troll posters or just coaches themselves that come in here and speak down upon ODP and then try to build up their own interests. It's a chance for really good individual players to get very good training with other accelerated players that might just not live close enough to Frisco/Plano, or have the time and means to play for those $250 a month clubs, or might not have $1000 a month for traveling to tournaments and league play as some of those clubs will do when the kids get a year or two older. For you folks that have kids that play Lake Highlands and also the JDL scrimmages (lol league!!!!) that's okay! It's great competition and I'm sure all of the clubs did exactly what JDL was meant for which is to recruit players from each of their teams and make a couple of ultra select teams. I'm sure they all did tryouts and all of your children paying those $3000 or so yearly fees received a fair chance to try out for JDL. (Okay enough bashing I still support and like the idea)

ODP gives those kids a chance that want an additional challenge ... want to play with better talent ... and parents that want to meet parents from other teams a chance to do so.

The practices were in Cedar Hill, not Corsicana. Thanks trolls for again trying to run more folks off with your misleading information. Also that complex was HUGE and the fields were in VERY nice condition giving the time of year. It was only 15 miles farther than my house than the FC Dallas fields but I don't mind drivingthatvonce a month for a long training session of this caliber.

I know that my daughter had an absolute blast at the tryouts and I met some really nice parents. I met parents from Solar, FC Dallas, Midland, Lubbock, Texans, Sting, and a bunch of other clubs and it was a real treat.

I agree the talent was all over the place when it came to skill level. The top couple of teams they fielded looked good but yes their was one group 07s that was playing very good soccer.

The most important thing to me was that my daughter came home from school the other day and walked in and shouted for glee when she saw a congratulations balloon and a soccer balloon tied together she screamed for joy "I MADE IT????? Did I really make ODP????"

Folks that's what it's all about ... these are 10 year old kids.


Lastly to the mother I met whose daughter played for Mr. Colvin's team ... it was a real pleasure talking to you. I have met some parents from larger clubs that often scared me in the past but ma'am your personality was a real charm!! I hope your daughter made it also and I look forward to seeing you again at the workouts.

Nomansoccerdad
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 5
Points : 365
Join date : 2017-09-28

Back to top Go down

Re: 07' ODP

Post by Medicine Man on 30/09/17, 11:47 am

This forum is for liberal propaganda and mediocrity and privilege how dare you defy the trolls that need their electric bills paid...

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
avatar
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 1357
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Re: 07' ODP

Post by BigErn. on 30/09/17, 11:57 am

Nomansoccerdad wrote:It is so fun to read these posts and so obvious that the larger clubs use either troll posters or just coaches themselves that come in here and speak down upon ODP and then try to build up their own interests.  It's a chance for really good individual players to get very good training with other accelerated players that might just not live close enough to Frisco/Plano, or have the time and means to play for those $250 a month clubs, or might not have $1000 a month for traveling to tournaments and league play as some of those clubs will do when the kids get a year or two older.  For you folks that have kids that play Lake Highlands and also the JDL scrimmages (lol league!!!!) that's okay!  It's great competition and I'm sure all of the clubs did exactly what JDL was meant for which is to recruit players from each of their teams and make a couple of ultra select teams.  I'm sure they all did tryouts and all of your children paying those $3000 or so yearly fees received a fair chance to try out for JDL.  (Okay enough bashing I still support and like the idea)

ODP gives those kids a chance that want an additional challenge ... want to play with better talent ... and parents that want to meet parents from other teams a chance to do so.  

The practices were in Cedar Hill, not Corsicana.  Thanks trolls for again trying to run more folks off with your misleading information.  Also that complex was HUGE and the fields were in VERY nice condition giving the time of year.  It was only 15 miles farther than my house than the FC Dallas fields but I don't mind drivingthatvonce a month for a long training session of this caliber.

I know that my daughter had an absolute blast at the tryouts and I met some really nice parents.  I met parents from Solar, FC Dallas, Midland, Lubbock, Texans, Sting, and a bunch of other clubs and it was a real treat.

I agree the talent was all over the place when it came to skill level.  The top couple of teams they fielded looked good but yes their was one group 07s that was playing very good soccer.

The most important thing to me was that my daughter came home from school the other day and walked in and shouted for glee when she saw a congratulations balloon and a soccer balloon tied together she screamed for joy "I MADE IT?????  Did I really make ODP????"

Folks that's what it's all about ...  these are 10 year old kids.


Lastly to the mother I met whose daughter played for Mr. Colvin's team ... it was a real pleasure talking to you.   I have met some parents from larger clubs that often scared me in the past but ma'am your personality was a real charm!!  I hope your daughter made it also and I look forward to seeing you again at the workouts.

Thank you for the post good sir. I am not a troll, I just know that ODP stinks and DA clubs rock. You should probably focus on playing JDL if you want your dd to play DA.

BigErn.
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 19
Points : 380
Join date : 2017-09-27

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum