North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

D'Feeters Kicks Bringing the "Thug" Back to Soccer - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

D'Feeters Kicks Bringing the "Thug" Back to Soccer

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

D'Feeters Kicks Bringing the "Thug" Back to Soccer - Page 3 Empty Re: D'Feeters Kicks Bringing the "Thug" Back to Soccer

Post by soccerjack 25/09/17, 07:15 pm

A...a..a. Young man. Cmon people. It's fun to stay at the Y M C A!

I got $100 on the white walkers.

soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

D'Feeters Kicks Bringing the "Thug" Back to Soccer - Page 3 Empty Re: D'Feeters Kicks Bringing the "Thug" Back to Soccer

Post by KeeperCommander 25/09/17, 07:25 pm

Ok 2-1 the 03's take them but I got even money that says KW does an elbow drop from the crossbar when no one is looking. Just to make sure the Keeper stays honest back there.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

D'Feeters Kicks Bringing the "Thug" Back to Soccer - Page 3 Empty D'Feeters Esquivel - Game out of control...

Post by LATT2000 25/09/17, 07:45 pm

Coach E.,

This is my first post on this forum BTW...

From a parent of a Spirit player that was hurt... I appreciate your words here and yes parents on both sides were getting out of control.  But I have to say the Spirit/D'Feeters game yesterday was one of the roughest games I can remember (probably THE roughest)... especially in the 2nd half after your team was behind.  It did get out of control for sure. And my kid was one of multiple Spirit players that were hurt.  This was NOT just another "physical" game.  There were multiple instances where your players blatantly went after Spirit players' bodies, not the ball. That was obvious regardless of team association and bias. My kid was one of those players that got hurt.  I consider myself a pretty fair person and sat close to the midfield line and heard parents from both sides making comments during the game and both said things that were ugly. But can fairly say that your team was out of control. Period. If it were just a single incident it would be understandable but it was over and over and over again... I can't say how many Spirit players went down yesterday but at least 5 or 6 times that it happened. I was relieved when the game was over.  If it had gone on for another 10 minutes there would have been a serious injury I'm afraid.

I typically am the only family member that attends these games but brought my entire family to see this game and was embarrassed by the lack of control and actual soccer being played by your team.  I've watched your girls play before and have seen that they do have skill and are physical.  But yesterday was BEYOND just physical play. It was dangerous play. If your players were responding to comments from parents and not your coaching then I would say you lost control of the game and your players... which is a very dangerous situation. My wife left 3/4 of the way through the game because she couldn't watch anymore.

I hope that you can get control of you players and your parents for you and your team's sake.

KeeperCommander wrote:
SickofSilliness wrote:
loventxsoccer wrote:
JE5 wrote:This is John Esquivel the coach for the D'Feeters Kicks team in question.  This is my first year with this particular group.  Question my coaching all you want, anyone who knows me personally knows that I do not condone dirty play nor negative behaviour such as what allegedly occurred in the Americas game.  I was not present at the initial Americas FC game at PLD but after speaking with my player she has denied calling the America's player the N word.  Regardless, I personally approached the Americas coach and apologized to both he and said player on his team.  As a coach I didn't approach the young lady due to the fact that she's not my player and I don't think any adult wants any other adult approaching their child without a parent being present. The young lady's dad was not at this game so I didn't get a chance to speak to him.  As for the Spirit game, nothing and I mean NOTHING could be further from the truth.  The game was physical yes but not dirty.  I think parents on both sidelines were way out of control and quite frankly should be ashamed for conducting themselves the way they did.  To yell out things like "watch out she's living large on that side" is absolutely disgusting. Coach Adam and I were both happy that the ref cut the game short as the parents were making it one huge spectacle of themselves.  Spirit and Americas are both great teams with great players and great coaches but I refuse to let anyone bad mouth my girls and throw dirt on my name by making false assumptions and accusations.  You got your calls my girls were carded twice your player also received a yellow.  If you'd like to discuss this further please feel free to contact me directly.  As for the Americas players dad, I hope to see you on the pitch as I'd really like to apologize face to face for anythung that may have been said.  Racism is a cancer that is alive and well and again anyone who knows me personally understands what I stand for.  Parents from a coach to parent I ask that you exercise restraint during these matches.  We as adults set the example for these kids and for things to have gotten to the point that they did Sunday is just not right.  We all share the blame top to bottom regardless of what you say on this forum.   If you were there you know darn well all sides behaved very poorly.  Here's my number of you'd like to address me personally.  Thank you.   214-403-9056

Well, now that this has all been cleared up....Let's create a checklist for those teams who face this unfairly ridiculed and Physical team, in the upcoming LHCL season and tournaments:

1) If your daughter has braces (many of the girls do at this age), THIS is the week to practice and play with a mouth guard.  You know the ones, boil, form, etc.  Your daughter will receive elbows and other shots to the face and head....protect her face and teeth.  We had 3 girls bleeding on their jerseys....but all in fair play.  BTW....make sure if she does begin bleeding she does it quickly and removes herself from the field expeditiously....our girls took way too long, apparently.
2) Watch some hockey, in preparation for your hockey soccer game!  When the player passes the puck and the defensive player lays into them smashing them into the boards...that's called a "Check".  Your daughter needs to be prepared to get "checked" every-time she touches the ball.  For some reason, our Lake Highlands officials have gotten a soccer "challenge" and hockey "checking" mixed up.  The whole concept of pass and move....not this game!  Pass, pick yourself up, brush off the grass and dirt and go get in there again.
3) Headers.  Now, you usually worry about the two opponents jumping and colliding their heads in an attempt to re-direct the ball usually in opposite directions, which has been known to cause these terrible looking collisions.  Well, not this week.....when your daughter leaves her feet.....the only thing you or she should be worried about is the landing.  Who knows what part of her body is going to be taken out from under her...legs swiped, "checked", or just used as a tackling dummy.  
4) You may want to wait until the very end to take the lead and hopefully "WIN".  From our couple of meetings, clearly taking the lead means that they are not "CHECKING" well enough and there seems to be invigorated effort to finish each and every touch from the other team....more Physically.  
5) As coach so clearly defined....stay very, very quite.....making parental pleas for the referee to observe or call anything "illegal" has a tendency to cause undue stress and upsets the players, leading to more "CHECKING" and may insight fouls to be unnecessarily initiated, as a result.
6) Forwards.....I'm just sorry.....you are the equivalent of a receiver trying to score on the football field.  You will be taken out, taken down from behind, cross-body "Checked", jersey grabbed/pulled, pray your pass, as you go down, doesn't come remotely close to your team mate.....you'll just get the "Play on" due to your advantage, from the referee.  But hey, you'll get another chance to score.
7) Seating.  May I suggest sitting down on the end line towards the exit.  After all, if #5 isn't working.....you don't want to get yelled at by opposing team players or their parents...also gives you a quick get-a-way, in the case you do win.  

Remember some very important things before you discard my advice above:
1) We pay for this....ENJOY IT!
2) Soccer is a contact sport....we're just introducing some cool new moves!
3) Rules, we don't need any stinking rules!
4) Why show a yellow/red card, when you'll just interrupt girls giving girls high fives.  Be respectful!
5) Make sure your medical insurance premiums are paid up....just in case.
6) Bring one of those Clorox bleach pens, helps keep the blood from drying/staining their jersey.
7) Most importantly.....You've been warned!

This is soccer....have fun, enjoy the afternoon sun...your daughter is still young and will heal quickly!  Always look at the bright side!

Come on.  Admit it all was just a little pushing.  Rolling Eyes
And pulling!

LATT2000
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 25/09/17, 08:12 pm

Pretty sure Coach E is done listening to you guys moan.
I am here though with open ears. So lets hear more about how you guys got the yellows.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Seriouslydude? 25/09/17, 11:58 pm

"You got your calls my girls were carded twice your player also received a yellow."

Your girls were carded at least three times, not twice and our girl got a card because she was defending herself from a full on attack. Your parents were telling our girls to "shut up" and "we're gonna kick your ass". Yes, our parents were yelling.....yelling at the ref to take control of the game and protect our players. We expected physical play, but not a bar fight.
Our coach had to come on the field three times for injured players. You say you don't like it when people come on here and bad mouth your players? Same with us, we are not going to sit back and let you say we were 'out of control' we come out to play soccer, not hurt others for fun. We noticed the joy your team expressed when a cheap shot was taken and the high fives when we were injured.

Seriouslydude?
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Jugglemaster 26/09/17, 01:00 am

How many cards total? 4-5? Did same player get two cards? Why no red. Btw lake highlands won't do anything.

Jugglemaster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jugglemaster 26/09/17, 01:02 am

Refs need body cams.

Jugglemaster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 7WhiskeyPapa 26/09/17, 01:41 am

Clearly, it pays to check the other age group forums occasionally. This is good stuff.

7WhiskeyPapa
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 26/09/17, 05:35 am

Pay the $200 and video the games. Then you will have the evidence. Obviously one girl did not receive 2 yellows. Or she would have seen the red. With this type of play though you would think one of their players would be on accumulation by now.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LATT2000 26/09/17, 08:25 am

There was talking on both sides - primarily our parents responding to the bad behavior on the field and the DF parents encouraging that ridiculous bad behavior. But when a parent is laughing hysterically when your forward is body launched from an illegal tackle there is something seriously wrong... that crosses the line. These are 14 year old girls. Maybe the Coach could not hear the rude comments from his own parents but that was so wrong.  If that had been one of our parents he or she would have been reprimanded immediately by the other parents on the team and our coach.  Says a lot about the parents btw and where the players are learning that behavior.

Videoing the games may be the only solution here.  Chances are LH will not do anything until someone is seriously hurt.  But Coach E. can and should stop that behavior by the players and the parents.

It takes ZERO skill to take another player out. It's just a choice. We all pay a lot of money for our kids to learn this sport and play what's supposed to be really good competition in LH and is for the most part... not be sore and beat up the following week after a game vs the DF.

LATT2000
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertard 26/09/17, 08:43 am

Clearly the only solution to this injustice is taking a knee before the next game against the Feeters.
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 26/09/17, 08:50 am

Come on, man.  Admit it.  It was just a little pushing and you are upset that your pumpkin just got pushed.   Rolling Eyes

Everytime someone hits the dirt its not a foul. Refs make judgement calls. A flying kid from an "illegal" tackle from your perspective is a dive to the referee.  You are lucky that girl wasn't carded for diving!

Laughing Hysterically?  Probably just an asthma attack.  Maybe they were laughing over the dive?

The kid with the black eye? Probably ran into a player's elbow. Or did it to themselves after the game.

Hey it is a sport you know.

All sarcasm aside - I simply don't believe LH will do anything even if someone is seriously injured.

LH is aware of the cards passed out in this game. If they are seriously interested in seeing what is going on, they would start by sending an Age Group Commissioner or proxy out to D'Feeters Kicks games, and would definitely send one out to this game in the Spring.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerPunch 26/09/17, 09:04 am

#SoccerLivesMatter

SoccerPunch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DT03GWhiteNPL 26/09/17, 09:16 am

SickofSilliness wrote:Come on, man.  Admit it.  It was just a little pushing and you are upset that your pumpkin just got pushed.   Rolling Eyes

Everytime someone hits the dirt its not a foul. Refs make judgement calls. A flying kid from an "illegal" tackle from your perspective is a dive to the referee.  You are lucky that girl wasn't carded for diving!

Laughing Hysterically?  Probably just an asthma attack.  Maybe they were laughing over the dive?

The kid with the black eye?  Probably ran into a player's elbow.  Or did it to themselves after the game.

Hey it is a sport you know.

All sarcasm aside - I simply don't believe LH will do anything even if someone is seriously injured.  

LH is aware of the cards passed out in this game.  If they are seriously interested in seeing what is going on, they would start by sending an Age Group Commissioner or proxy out to D'Feeters Kicks games, and would definitely send one out to this game in the Spring.

If it's been reported - someone will be watching - Cool
DT03GWhiteNPL
DT03GWhiteNPL
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/09/17, 09:30 am

I can't comment on said game as I was not there. However I can tell you there were no cards given in last weekends DA games...Muahahahahaha!

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDad75033 26/09/17, 09:32 am

So my question is - what has Adam Clark done since the game?

If everything that transpired was that egregious, that dangerous and dirty, what has he done to address the situation and protect his players (and other players that may face this team)? He has the greatest ability of anyone associated with Spirit to impact how this is handled.

Undoubtedly, he has relationships with people on the LH board.  Has he spoken to them?

Has he spoken to the age group commissioner?  (Obviously, the age group commissioner saw the game report immediately after the game since it must be submitted if cards were issues.)

Has he filed a formal report or written a letter to the board?

Has he spoken to his DOC? How about the D'Feeters DOC?

If it was that out-of-control dangerous, he also had the ability to take a stand and pull his team from the field!

as parents could have with their daughters.

None of these are necessarily easy decisions, especially in the heat of the moment, but at some point, someone has to take a real stand.

SoccerDad75033
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LATT2000 26/09/17, 09:48 am

I can't speak for Coach Adam but I do believe something will be submitted to the League. Hind sight is 20/20 and looking back I think I as a parent would have pulled my kid from the field if I had to do it again or asked the coach to stop the game.  It was escalating as the game wore on...

I know the folks on this forum get a kick (no pun intended) reading the banter back and forth but this is something that needs to be fixed in our league. I've heard stories from coaches about players being seriously injured from games like this, specifically an incident a few years ago where a girl had to be care- flighted from the field.

LATT2000
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jugglemaster 26/09/17, 09:59 am

Since it was stated by a parent who heard the n word - from the Defeaters team. Did Coach E remove her from the team. Maybe a good start - guessing the apple doesn't fall far from tree with the parents. Seems this team has a reputation no matter how look at it.

Jugglemaster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDad75033 26/09/17, 10:08 am

Agreed - hindsight is 20/20.  I wasn't trying to blame you or question why you didn't pull your daughter.  

I think most of us have been at games where you see it getting out of control and the refs are allowing play to continue.  Things continue to escalate, and then a player snaps or someone is injured.  And we sit and say "well, you could see that coming".

My bigger point was that the "well, the game is over" mentality takes hold a couple days later.  People's tempers cool, and it becomes easier to just move on the next game, than to do the hard thing and continue to press the issue.

SoccerDad75033
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertard 26/09/17, 10:13 am

@SoccerPunch. Agreed. SLM #SoccerLivesMatter
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 26/09/17, 10:17 am

Cleansheets wrote:I can't comment on said game as I was not there. However I can tell you there were no cards given in last weekends DA games...Muahahahahaha!

That's because they play kickball so fast the refs can't keep up with all the fouls.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Jugglemaster 26/09/17, 10:17 am

Soccer Lives do matter. That is why lake highlands should actually do something.

Jugglemaster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 26/09/17, 10:30 am

soccerjack wrote:
Cleansheets wrote:I can't comment on said game as I was not there. However I can tell you there were no cards given in last weekends DA games...Muahahahahaha!

That's because they play kickball so fast the refs can't keep up with all the fouls.

Thought I saw you and ern walking hand and hand at the mall during the game.....so you weren't even There.

Last edited by soccerjack on 26/09/17, 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by LATT2000 26/09/17, 10:31 am

SoccerDad - Agreed.  Next time I'll be more proactive.  I'll either talk to the coach or pull my kid.

Actually, I think the bigger issue is that the LH Referree turnover rate is so high that keeping good ones around for more than one season is very hard.  LH has to figure out how to keep them... incentives for staying, learning for more than one season.  Some of these Refs. look like they were brought in off the streets prior to the game, asked if they know anything about soccer and said "Your Hired!".

LATT2000
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jugglemaster 26/09/17, 10:42 am

Agree with LATTEN2000

Jugglemaster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 26/09/17, 10:56 am

soccertard wrote:Clearly the only solution to this injustice is taking a knee before the next game against the Feeters.  
I think they should take a knee at kick off.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next