Latest topics
FBR09 Rankings February 18th, 2019Today at 08:26 amCheckthesource
DA and Classic LeagueToday at 04:08 amBENDMEOVER
Is it because there is Everything to Lose..Nothing to gain?Yesterday at 10:29 pmDDteach15
ALLEGIANCE FC '07 Black MAKES HISTORYYesterday at 10:15 pmfactsmatter
Why is FC Dallas fleecing their FDL teams?Yesterday at 07:31 pmSickofStupidity
The night before ChristmasYesterday at 06:01 pmBENDMEOVER
Private coach - Striking MechanicsYesterday at 02:26 pmtaborskulner
Open Tryouts Dallas Texans ScarfoneYesterday at 10:36 am09G
Solar 09G Angelone-Colvin Open practicesYesterday at 10:19 amLexingtonABQ73
Back to it Yesterday at 10:00 amSherdog
UTD Field ConditionsYesterday at 06:57 amBENDMEOVER
Soccer game quizYesterday at 12:37 amCheckpoint Charlie
They’re BackYesterday at 12:33 amCheckpoint Charlie
DA/ECNL Coaches Yesterday at 12:30 amCheckpoint Charlie
ECNL Moving ForwardYesterday at 12:14 amCheckpoint Charlie
New GDA clubs20/02/19, 11:48 pmCheckpoint Charlie
Solar09G Bardwell Open Roster Spots Available20/02/19, 06:40 pmTXEagles
Liverpool FC IA '09 Girls Soutar(The Colony/Frisco)20/02/19, 02:48 pmSGS
FC Dallas West Willett20/02/19, 01:51 pmterps37
Dallas Texans 09G Mochel20/02/19, 01:22 pmTexansMochel
Looking 2011 7v7 Players - Colleyville Evolution20/02/19, 09:21 amhtjoneill
08g goalkeeper needed LH d1 team19/02/19, 09:44 pmGkmom4life
Frisco Storm 04G: 1-2 Player Additions19/02/19, 07:07 pmFriscoStorm04G
TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS19/02/19, 03:53 pm1.21gigawatts
The next Freddy Adu?19/02/19, 10:57 amAnt_Knee
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Statistics
We have 12918 registered users
The newest registered user is soccerxx1

Our users have posted a total of 185460 messages in 24835 subjects

JDL06 Standings

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

JDL06 Standings

Post by LeftybutGoodie on 27/09/17, 05:45 pm

I need your help!  

Since 'FBR06G' has resigned from posting scores/rankings...going forward, I will be post the results of the JDL 06 games.  

Please send me your scores on Sunday evening's via PM.  If you have records for prior games, I will record them as well.

Below is what I know so far...
DT Dallas lost to Sting Glotz 1-0
DT West lost to Solar 07 JDL Academy: 9-0

Thank you!
JDL06Standings
LeftybutGoodie
LeftybutGoodie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 42
Points : 771
Join date : 2017-03-09
Location : soccer fields

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL06 Standings

Post by TxFutbal on 27/09/17, 06:04 pm

Sorry I don't recall. I am focused on development not results.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 392
Points : 1312
Join date : 2016-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL06 Standings

Post by soccertard on 27/09/17, 07:35 pm

soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 305
Points : 1172
Join date : 2016-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL06 Standings

Post by BigErn. on 27/09/17, 08:23 pm

TxFutbal wrote:Sorry I don't recall. I am focused on development not results.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Good stuff and well said. JDL was created to be the building blocks for DA. It's being run by the right people at the right time. Development is what matters in soccer, these rankings are counterproductive. The kids need to be more focused on soccer and just soccer. Hopefully in the near future the JDL players will not be allowed to participate in other activities, starting at 5, so they can hone their craft.

BigErn.
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 19
Points : 532
Join date : 2017-09-27

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL06 Standings

Post by BigErn. on 27/09/17, 08:24 pm

TxFutbal wrote:Sorry I don't recall. I am focused on development not results.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Good stuff and well said.  JDL was created to be the building blocks for DA.  It's being run by the right people at the right time.  Development is what matters in soccer, these rankings are counterproductive.  The kids need to be more focused on  soccer and just soccer.  Hopefully in the near future the JDL players will not be allowed to participate in other activities, starting at 5, so they can hone their craft. I also hope this board will get more focused on what matters, soccer and development.

BigErn.
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 19
Points : 532
Join date : 2017-09-27

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL06 Standings

Post by LeftybutGoodie on 27/09/17, 10:53 pm

Thanks for your inputs...how does keeping track of results/scores prevent a team from developing? There were multiple requests to see results of games. I don't plan to provide any rankings, just results of each weeks games. Many thanks to those that have sent me their teams results. I'll plan to publish tomorrow for those interested.
LeftybutGoodie
LeftybutGoodie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 42
Points : 771
Join date : 2017-03-09
Location : soccer fields

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL06 Standings

Post by TxFutbal on 27/09/17, 11:34 pm

As soon as you start keeping score, we will start changing how we coach in order to either win or keep the score in a certain range. This means less playing time for kids who truly need to be on the pitch developing. There is a reason why the scores are not posted on the JDL schedule. I will ask you why it is so important to post the scores? So parents can feel good about themselves and the money they are paying to play JDL? So teams who are focused on development vs. scores can be embarrassed? What are you trying to measure besides your ego by posting the scores? You can have my answer to all the scores to my games now.. 0-0

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 392
Points : 1312
Join date : 2016-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL06 Standings

Post by HSM on 27/09/17, 11:43 pm

I guess the team that won the game would be happy to provide the result. I am truly have no feeling about the win/lose of the game for the first time of being soccer parents. Really happy that my DD has the opportunity to play in this league and has the coach is doing his job to develop the girls.

I am more curious about the team identity
Solar - play JDL only
Texans - same team play JDL and LH D1
Sting - same team play JDL and LH D3
DFeeters - Are they the same team play JDL and LH??
FC Dallas - Red - play JDL only
                Blue - same team as FCD West (in LH D1)?

HSM
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 30
Points : 1057
Join date : 2016-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL06 Standings

Post by LeftybutGoodie on 28/09/17, 12:00 am

TxFutbal wrote:As soon as you start keeping score, we will start changing how we coach in order to either win or keep the score in a certain range.  This means less playing time for kids who truly need to be on the pitch developing.   There is a reason why the scores are not posted on the JDL schedule.  I will ask you why it is so important to post the scores?  So parents can feel good about themselves and the money they are paying to play JDL?  So teams who are focused on development vs. scores can be embarrassed?  What are you trying to measure besides your ego by posting the scores?  You can have my answer to all the scores to my games now..  0-0

Unfortunately, according to most soccer coaches, you develop in practice not on the pitch. The pitch is used to apply what you've been taught/learned while training on those small fields. Also, if your coach is a developer, he/she shouldn't care whether your team wins or loses.

Note: I've already received results from a couple of people, and they've lost and won some games. All we want to know is the scores. DA is the same, they keep track of scores, but don't rank.

However, although you're only 1 person, since you're strongly opposed to results being posted, I won't waste my time collecting the info each month. Hopefully this makes you feel more at ease.
LeftybutGoodie
LeftybutGoodie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 42
Points : 771
Join date : 2017-03-09
Location : soccer fields

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL06 Standings

Post by BigErn. on 28/09/17, 12:08 am

HSM wrote:I guess the team that won the game would be happy to provide the result. I am truly have no feeling about the win/lose of the game for the first time of being soccer parents. Really happy that my DD has the opportunity to play in this league and has the coach is doing his job to develop the girls.

I am more curious about the team identity
Solar - play JDL only
Texans - same team play JDL and LH D1
Sting - same team play JDL and LH D3
DFeeters - Are they the same team play JDL and LH??
FC Dallas - Red - play JDL only
                Blue - same team as FCD West (in LH D1)?

/\/\/\/\/\

Hot dog and good for your dd. You've chosen the right league to get her in and DA is now closer to reality. As far as where the clubs play, they try to avoid publishing that because of all the haters. So just stay on the path, do what the coach says and you're half way home.

BigErn.
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 19
Points : 532
Join date : 2017-09-27

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL06 Standings

Post by HSM on 28/09/17, 12:34 am

Bigern. wrote:

/\/\/\/\/\

Hot dog and good for your dd. You've chosen the right league to get her in and DA is now closer to reality. As far as where the clubs play, they try to avoid publishing that because of all the haters. So just stay on the path, do what the coach says and you're half way home.

Actually just want to get an idea of which team it. From it's reputation, we can know what to look for (to avoid injury). I guess many teams has mostly new girls so it doesn't matter which team is was...

HSM
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 30
Points : 1057
Join date : 2016-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL06 Standings

Post by TxFutbal on 28/09/17, 07:33 am

It's your team.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 392
Points : 1312
Join date : 2016-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL06 Standings

Post by soccertard on 28/09/17, 07:47 am

If you don't care about standings or rankings, then why is your name JDL06 Standings?  Why not name it JDL06 Fake News?  A good majority of these teams are playing kids all over the place, so who cares about the scores.
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 305
Points : 1172
Join date : 2016-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL06 Standings

Post by thefly1 on 28/09/17, 07:49 am

Actually I found it refreshing this year that scores aren't floating around. The 2 dfeeter's jdl teams in '06 jdl are from a pool of players (not the same as the 2 d1 teams out there). And there are girls rotating week to week between d'feeters black and d'feeters white.

thefly1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 14
Points : 2037
Join date : 2013-08-09

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL06 Standings

Post by KeeperCommander on 28/09/17, 08:13 am

Everyone is so uptight about scores. JDL is not about winning so why would posting scores matter? How does posting the scores that everyone in JDL knows about already make a difference? It is because they are weak minded. As long as nobody else knows its ok. As soon as it leaks the launch codes have to be changed and new passwords sent out. Sad.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1649
Points : 3650
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL06 Standings

Post by BigErn. on 28/09/17, 08:14 am

thefly1 wrote:Actually I found it refreshing this year that scores aren't floating around.  The 2 dfeeter's jdl teams in '06 jdl are from a pool of players (not the same as the 2 d1 teams out there).  And there are girls rotating week to week between d'feeters black and d'feeters white.

FYI....I don't consider the d feeders a real JDL club because they don't offer DA.

BigErn.
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 19
Points : 532
Join date : 2017-09-27

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL06 Standings

Post by LeftybutGoodie on 28/09/17, 08:19 am

If scores don't matter, why are the refs keeping track of them?
LeftybutGoodie
LeftybutGoodie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 42
Points : 771
Join date : 2017-03-09
Location : soccer fields

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL06 Standings

Post by KeeperCommander on 28/09/17, 08:21 am

JDL06Standings wrote:If scores don't matter, why are the refs keeping track of them?
They are Russian Refs from Facebook and they are collecting data.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1649
Points : 3650
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL06 Standings

Post by LeftybutGoodie on 28/09/17, 08:25 am

soccertard wrote:If you don't care about standings or rankings, then why is your name JDL06 Standings?  Why not name it JDL06 Fake News?  A good majority of these teams are playing kids all over the place, so who cares about the scores.

The name was recommended to me, as I couldn't use the previous name. But my initial post clearly stated, posting results/scores. Sorry that the name was misleading...I was only planning to keep those who cared abreast of game results. If you all have scores going forward, please feel free to post, as there are some folks that are interested...all others can stay clear if you aren't interested.
LeftybutGoodie
LeftybutGoodie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 42
Points : 771
Join date : 2017-03-09
Location : soccer fields

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL06 Standings

Post by BigErn. on 28/09/17, 09:14 am

JDL06Standings wrote:
soccertard wrote:If you don't care about standings or rankings, then why is your name JDL06 Standings?  Why not name it JDL06 Fake News?  A good majority of these teams are playing kids all over the place, so who cares about the scores.

The name was recommended to me, as I couldn't use the previous name. But my initial post clearly stated, posting results/scores.  Sorry that the name was misleading...I was only planning to keep those who cared abreast of game results.  If you all have scores going forward, please feel free to post, as there are some folks that are interested...all others can stay clear if you aren't interested.


/\/\/\/\
Holy begeesus!
You don't care that you're ruining the development of a whole age group by keeping scores.

This ranking thing needs to be shut down if we want the 06's to have a chance. Whoever started it should be shot.




BigErn.
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 19
Points : 532
Join date : 2017-09-27

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL06 Standings

Post by 5050Ball on 28/09/17, 09:22 am

JDL06Standings wrote:
soccertard wrote:If you don't care about standings or rankings, then why is your name JDL06 Standings?  Why not name it JDL06 Fake News?  A good majority of these teams are playing kids all over the place, so who cares about the scores.

The name was recommended to me, as I couldn't use the previous name. But my initial post clearly stated, posting results/scores.  Sorry that the name was misleading...I was only planning to keep those who cared abreast of game results.  If you all have scores going forward, please feel free to post, as there are some folks that are interested...all others can stay clear if you aren't interested.

Thank you for starting this thread. Sincerely, D'Feeters/Kicks 03
5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 220
Points : 1583
Join date : 2015-06-19

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL06 Standings

Post by KeeperCommander on 28/09/17, 09:59 am

5050Ball wrote:
JDL06Standings wrote:
soccertard wrote:If you don't care about standings or rankings, then why is your name JDL06 Standings?  Why not name it JDL06 Fake News?  A good majority of these teams are playing kids all over the place, so who cares about the scores.

The name was recommended to me, as I couldn't use the previous name. But my initial post clearly stated, posting results/scores.  Sorry that the name was misleading...I was only planning to keep those who cared abreast of game results.  If you all have scores going forward, please feel free to post, as there are some folks that are interested...all others can stay clear if you aren't interested.

Thank you for starting this thread.  Sincerely, D'Feeters/Kicks 03
Pretty sure KW sent a fruit basket to JE for getting the forum off her.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1649
Points : 3650
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL06 Standings

Post by cobb on 28/09/17, 10:55 am

KeeperCommander wrote:Pretty sure KW sent a fruit basket to JE for getting the forum off her.

Pretty sure you meant a "fruit loop basket" Smile

cobb
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 20
Points : 2059
Join date : 2013-07-31

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL06 Standings

Post by KeeperCommander on 28/09/17, 11:04 am

cobb wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:Pretty sure KW sent a fruit basket to JE for getting the forum off her.

Pretty sure you meant a "fruit loop basket" Smile
No she keeps those for herself.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1649
Points : 3650
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: JDL06 Standings

Post by soccertard on 28/09/17, 11:45 am

Wait...so I can come to this forum to see the "unofficial" results for JDL games? Why wouldn't I just go here:
http://events.gotsport.com/events/schedule.aspx?EventID=60971&Gender=Girls&Age=12

They clearly state the results.
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 305
Points : 1172
Join date : 2016-10-25

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum