North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

JDL06 Standings - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

JDL06 Standings

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

JDL06 Standings - Page 3 Empty Re: JDL06 Standings

Post by SickofStupidity 29/09/17, 11:24 am

Good dodge - you didn't really answer a single question I had.

And for once, I was being serious.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerKick 29/09/17, 11:28 am

SickofStupidity wrote:

Are the coaches approaching games differently since LHGCL keeps scores and standings and JDL does not? Especially those teams playing both LHGCL and JDL?  

Not for our team. Lineup still the same.

My daughter plays the same position all the time, so are the other girls.

I wish the coach could put dd in another position for JDL since this is for development only. Unfortunately.

PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 29/09/17, 11:29 am

PowerKick wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:

Are the coaches approaching games differently since LHGCL keeps scores and standings and JDL does not? Especially those teams playing both LHGCL and JDL?  

Not for our team. Lineup still the same.

My daughter plays the same position all the time, so are the other girls.

I wish the coach could put dd in another position for JDL since this is for development only. Unfortunately.
But...But...But... That was one of the core fundamentals of the league that Capt TXFutbol was talking about.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 29/09/17, 11:31 am

Thanks PK - my guess is this is the same for most LH / JDL teams.

Do you think this is more a case of

(1) coach's ego
(2) parental pressure to win
(3) it is what it is - you can't change the way coaches coach by creating a "developmental" league that doesn't track scores or standings

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerKick 29/09/17, 11:40 am

SickofStupidity wrote:Thanks PK - my guess is this is the same for most LH / JDL teams.

Do you think this is more a case of

(1) coach's ego
(2) parental pressure to win
(3) it is what it is - you can't change the way coaches coach by creating a "developmental" league that doesn't track scores or standings

To be honest, "parental pressure to win" is just an excuse created by all these top coaches, so that they can push the team to win to get more reputation.

The coaches benefits the most from the wins so that they can further recruit during the summer.

Parent at this time care less about the winning, we want to see our dd developing.

To let girls play a 2nd position in JDL games is the best indicator whether or not the coach is focusing on development.

PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 29/09/17, 12:13 pm

1 and 2 go hand in hand.

There are many many coaches that only play to win and recruit which is why you see the CPP being maxed out each week. Full time coaches are paid to win and build a dynasty so they can do the soccer thing full-time. Many don't give a crap about your DD and they treat kids like commodities.. Many in the forum will say the coach from fantasy island is like that. At the end of the day, it's win at all cost and then get on the hamster wheel in the spring to recruit the next golden goal scorer. There are clubs that do have the soccer factory about them. You all know who they are so I won't engage in this conversation

There are also some coaches who do the soccer thing full time and truly love the kids to the point where will bend over backwards and walk thru fire and rain to help one her/his kids get the soccer scholarship to play in college. They do this on their own time/dime because they consider the team an extension of family.

Some coaches have a day job they like and don't care about building a soccer dynasty that will support them full-time and will focus on taking 1 or 2 teams as far as he/she can take them for the shear joy of the accomplishment and watching the girls develop.

Some coaches have kids on the team and are focused on building a love of the game and positive atmosphere for her/his DD. They are then focused on creating the best group of kids that fit the DD personality where her/his DD can play at the highest level of her ability and have a social group to learn, grow, have fun.

Then there are some coaches who allow the parents to run the team and when you get a group of parents who are only focused on the win/domination column, they may be good for a couple of years, but it eventually blows up because that's what parents are really good at.. Putting themselves before their kids and blowing things up because they can. Coaches in this category don't last long.

You can always tell when a coach has her/his best interest over the kids. Teams that build year over year, stay intact with minimal turnover, and stay focused on the long term goals are all signs of a coach focused on development. teams in the '06 age group that might fit this description may be Texans South. There are others, but using this team as an example because I don't want to start a crap storm. Team has been together since academy for the most part. Girls are really good and getting better, and based on what they are doing in JDL they are always focused on the future. I have no idea if they will choose ECNL or DA.. Whatever their path, they will enjoy success because of the foundation they have.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 29/09/17, 12:36 pm

TxFutbal wrote:1 and 2 go hand in hand.  

There are many many coaches that only play to win and recruit which is why you see the CPP being maxed out each week.   Full time coaches are paid to win and build a dynasty so they can do the soccer thing full-time.  Many don't give a crap about your DD and they treat kids like commodities..  Many in the forum will say the coach from fantasy island is like that.  At the end of the day, it's win at all cost and then get on the hamster wheel in the spring to recruit the next golden goal scorer.  There are clubs that do have the soccer factory about them.  You all know who they are so I won't engage in this conversation

There are also some coaches who do the soccer thing full time and truly love the kids to the point where will bend over backwards and walk thru fire and rain to help one her/his kids get the soccer scholarship to play in college.  They do this on their own time/dime because they consider the team an extension of family.

Some coaches have a day job they like and don't care about building a soccer dynasty that will support them full-time and will focus on taking 1 or 2 teams as far as he/she can take them for the shear joy of the accomplishment and watching the girls develop.

Some coaches have kids on the team and are focused on building a love of the game and positive atmosphere for her/his DD.  They are then focused on creating the best group of kids that fit the DD personality where her/his DD can play at the highest level of her ability and have a social group to learn, grow, have fun.

Then there are some coaches who allow the parents to run the team and when you get a group of parents who are only focused on the win/domination column, they may be good for a couple of years, but it eventually blows up because that's what parents are really good at.. Putting themselves before their kids and blowing things up because they can.  Coaches in this category don't last long.

You can always tell when a coach has her/his best interest over the kids.  Teams that build year over year, stay intact with minimal turnover, and stay focused on the long term goals are all signs of a coach focused on development.  teams in the '06 age group that might fit this description may be Texans South.  There are others, but using this team as an example because I don't want to start a crap storm.  Team has been together since academy for the most part.  Girls are really good and getting better, and based on what they are doing in JDL they are always focused on the future.  I have no idea if they will choose ECNL or DA.. Whatever their path, they will enjoy success because of the foundation they have.

DTS Adames may be a bad example just because they rarely stay togther past U14. Thats not really looking to the future. Since the 06's are U12 I guess their future is 2 more years.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 29/09/17, 12:38 pm

On the other hand you could say that DTS uses the CPP to help players more than any club. They play them up at times at least.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 29/09/17, 12:48 pm

Another way to look at it is Adames prepares the girls for the next chapter in their soccer career and hands them off into ECNL. My question is how many of Adames girls transition to elite levels of soccer when he is done raising them from their kiddie cleats?

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

JDL06 Standings - Page 3 Empty SOLAR 06 JDL ELITE 1-3 DALLAS TEXANS 06 GIRLS DALLAS

Post by single 29/09/17, 01:42 pm

JDL06 Results wrote:Below are the game results that were provided to me via PM.  Many thanks to all for providing inputs.  If there are any corrections or updates, please feel free to reply to the board.  Due to the sensitivity of some regarding scores, i will now retire from this role, effective immediately.  If there's continued interest in seeing the scores/outcomes, someone is more than welcome to take over.  Adios!

Week1 Results
DALLAS TEXANS 06 GIRLS DALLAS    2-3   SOLAR 07G JDL ACADEMY
D'FEETERS '06 JDL WHITE   1-0    STING DALLAS 06 GLOTZBACH
FC DALLAS YOUTH 06G JDL BLUE   4-1   FC DALLAS YOUTH 06G JDL RED
DALLAS TEXANS WEST 06G   1-5   SOLAR 06G JDL ELITE
D'FEETERS '06 JDL BLACK   TBD   STING DALLAS JDL 06

Week2 Results
FC DALLAS YOUTH 06G JDL RED   TBD   DALLAS TEXANS WEST 06G
FC DALLAS YOUTH 06G JDL BLUE   0-3   D'FEETERS '06 JDL BLACK
STING DALLAS 06 GLOTZBACH   0-4   STING DALLAS JDL 06
SOLAR 07G JDL ACADEMY   5-2   D'FEETERS '06 JDL WHITE
SOLAR 06G JDL ELITE   3-1   DALLAS TEXANS 06 GIRLS DALLAS

Week3 Results
D'FEETERS '06 JDL BLACK   3-1   FC DALLAS YOUTH 06G JDL RED
FC DALLAS YOUTH 06G JDL BLUE   1-1   SOLAR 06G JDL ELITE
D'FEETERS '06 JDL WHITE   TBD   STING DALLAS JDL 06
DALLAS TEXANS WEST 06G   0-9   SOLAR 07G JDL ACADEMY
DALLAS TEXANS 06 GIRLS DALLAS   0-1   STING DALLAS 06 GLOTZBACH

single
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 29/09/17, 02:12 pm

TxFutbal wrote:Another way to look at it is Adames prepares the girls for the next chapter in their soccer career and hands them off into ECNL.  My question is how many of Adames girls transition to elite levels of soccer when he is done raising them from their kiddie cleats?
I guess that is what you mean by elite. To me if they continue to play and progress and play in college he has done all he can.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/09/17, 02:51 pm

Adames athletes have done well in their post Adames careers. A majority of his players contribute to last years '03 Texans ECNL success and this years U15 DA.. Next year if his '04 and '05 girls move up then they'll have similar success there too. GA won't give your kid the most technical aspect of the game but he will help them channel their inner savage as an athlete and competitor. Not the prettiest of programs but soccer games aren't won by a panel of sideline judges applauding time of possession and consecutive passes and maximum development doesn't just come from 3hrs of training a week. If your daughters is spending more of her FREE time watching tv and mastering social media, don't take that away from her but don't just put all the blame on the coaches. Accept and support the future cheerleaders and social butterflies of America. There's only 21 spots on that USWNT!! Better settle for that full collegiate scholarship and call it a career.

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 29/09/17, 02:58 pm

JonSneauxTargaryen wrote:Adames athletes have done well in their post Adames careers. A majority of his players contribute to last years '03 Texans ECNL success and this years U15 DA.. Next year if his '04 and '05 girls move up then they'll have similar success there too. GA won't give your kid the most technical aspect of the game but he will help them channel their inner savage as an athlete and competitor. Not the prettiest of programs but soccer games aren't won by a panel of sideline judges applauding time of possession and consecutive passes and maximum development doesn't just come from 3hrs of training a week. If your daughters is spending more of her FREE time watching tv and mastering social media, don't take that away from her but don't just put all the blame on the coaches. Accept and support the future cheerleaders and social butterflies of America. There's only 21 spots on that USWNT!! Better settle for that full collegiate scholarship and call it a career.
Oh he has some incredible athletes. They will forge ahead. I was mainly speaking of the teams as a whole. While many teams stay together and go through ages just with different coaches his tend to split up. Just an observation.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29/09/17, 03:08 pm

They all split up...all teams

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 29/09/17, 03:12 pm

JonSneauxTargaryen wrote:They all split up...all teams
Some do. Some don't.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 29/09/17, 03:16 pm

begs the question why most clubs don't allow academy coaches to take kids select and then be the ECNL coach if the team is that special. Most adhere to the hand off policy where an academy coach takes them thru U12-U13 then a select coach takes over and then kids break up teams to funnel into an ECNL program. I guess the idea is the cream rises to the top.. But if a team is that special, why break it up?

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 29/09/17, 04:25 pm

Top talent will always funnel away at some point. I guess that is the nature of it.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BigKickKiddo 02/10/17, 07:39 am

With JDL Play on Saturday this weekend and 06 Classic on Sunday, there were a lot of JDL kids passing this weekend. Saw a few games myself. FCD Blue was well represented out there...
BigKickKiddo
BigKickKiddo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LeftybutGoodie 02/10/17, 07:47 am

Udontseeme wrote:With JDL Play on Saturday this weekend and 06 Classic on Sunday, there were a lot of JDL kids passing this weekend.  Saw a few games myself. FCD Blue was well represented out there...

Please elaborate...are you referring to them passing the ball, which implies that they don't normally pass as much?
LeftybutGoodie
LeftybutGoodie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigKickKiddo 02/10/17, 07:48 am

CPP #calmitdown
BigKickKiddo
BigKickKiddo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster