Latest topics
ZENITH FC CLASSIC D1 TEAMToday at 05:56 pmfutbol10
Frisco Storm 05G Open PracticesToday at 05:46 pmFriscostorm
Paraguay vs Argentina Live StreamToday at 05:45 pmmdmam4
Argentina vs Paraguay Live StreamToday at 05:43 pmmdmam4
Dallas Texans 07 Girls RedToday at 05:41 pmlmonty40
TX Spirit 05 Bewley Looking to Add PlayersToday at 05:24 pmBFC
TX Spirit 06 Bewley – Open Practices: Plano, Allen, McKinneyToday at 05:23 pmBFC
NTX Celtic 04G NPL Open Tryouts (Flower Mound/Corinth) Today at 04:55 pmCelticBartlow
Dallas Texans 05G FDL (College Exposure)Today at 04:47 pmDallas Texans West
FCD 07G Premier LHGC looking for DefenderToday at 03:28 pmLittleakde
Sting West '08 Khan Open Tryouts 2019-2020 Today at 03:14 pmKhan8Girls
Dallas Texans 08g South-Arlington/Mansfield/GPToday at 03:08 pmseeyouonthepitch
Solar East 01/02B Brown - D2 Classic Open SessionsToday at 03:03 pmSolarEastFreeman
Fever United FC Select Kit AL #11Today at 03:01 pmsoccrplyr999
Solar East 04B Lucio Open PracticesToday at 03:01 pmSolarEastFreeman
SPARTA FC 03G - LH D1 - OPEN PRACTICEToday at 03:00 pmKeeper3LC
Dallas Roma 06 forming 2nd team- Need 6 playersToday at 02:58 pmDallasRomaCoach
Solar East 01/02B Brown - D2 Classic Open SessionsToday at 02:55 pmSolarEastFreeman
Sting AL full Kit #18 $250 OBOToday at 02:51 pmsoccrplyr999
New Team Forming - Solar 12G Angelone Today at 02:41 pmintheupper90
Coppell FC 09 BoysToday at 02:36 pmCoppellFC_REvans
Coppell FC 07G - Open PracticesToday at 02:32 pmCoppellFC_REvans
Evo 09G Boyle (Colleyville/Grapevine/Southlake) looking to aToday at 02:29 pmCoachBoyle
Solar South 08G Today at 02:26 pm06Southgirl
Texans Full kit #14 - Adult Medium for SaleToday at 02:21 pmws1010
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Term Team is Dead! - Page 7 Pixel
Statistics
We have 13457 registered users
The newest registered user is mdmam4

Our users have posted a total of 191250 messages in 26467 subjects

Term Team is Dead!

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Term Team is Dead! - Page 7 Empty Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by KeeperCommander on 27/10/17, 09:12 am

SickofStupidity wrote:it does - but that doesn't include ECNL players - so a D2 team could only CPP 1 D1 player, but could CPP 3 ECNL players

LH recognized the problem of CPP in the final games to avoid relegation - so they limited teams to 1 CPP in the final 3 games.  Doesn't address the same problem in the other 80%+ of the games
I see what you are trying to say but it doesnt really make sense. Seeing how most ECNL players in LH are there because of dual roster not CPP.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1651
Join date : 2013-09-30

Back to top Go down

Term Team is Dead! - Page 7 Empty Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by SickofStupidity on 27/10/17, 09:24 am

I hear you.

But it's not like LH doesn't already acknowledge the issue.  It's a matter of doing what's possible to try and address it.  Just more I think that can be done.

On the CPP / dual-roster point - you don't usually know who is dual-rostered, but the game day line-up clearly denotes CPP.  In my experience from the past couple years, CPP'd players had a noticeable impact on the games - in minutes played and contribution - above "rostered" players (dual or not). (I don't believe that dual-rostered players would usually be starters or major contributors to ECNL teams.)

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 918
Points : 2792
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Term Team is Dead! - Page 7 Empty Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by Medicine Man on 27/10/17, 09:34 am

Unless they adopt the rules like Plano league where it's a closed roster, the pyramid model continues to rule the other leagues. The Bigs run this sideshow. I don't see much changing unless the parents quit buying their product and look for other options of development and path.

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 1626
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Term Team is Dead! - Page 7 Empty Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by KeeperCommander on 27/10/17, 10:16 am

SickofStupidity wrote:I hear you.

But it's not like LH doesn't already acknowledge the issue.  It's a matter of doing what's possible to try and address it.  Just more I think that can be done.

On the CPP / dual-roster point - you don't usually know who is dual-rostered, but the game day line-up clearly denotes CPP.  In my experience from the past couple years, CPP'd players had a noticeable impact on the games - in minutes played and contribution - above "rostered" players (dual or not).  (I don't believe that dual-rostered players would usually be starters or major contributors to ECNL teams.)
All true and yes LH has tried to get a handle on the situation to keep the bigs at bay. I simple search will bring up the ECNL roster and a quick look will tell you the dual rostered players. Yes if you CPP a player you are usually looking for an impact player. If they do not play a big factor in game I would question the use of that player. But the points are all valid and heard.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1651
Points : 3769
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Term Team is Dead! - Page 7 Empty Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by Medicine Man on 27/10/17, 10:17 am

Foxy it's easier for you to work the streets and make your lunch money than actually work 8 to 5 at the local retail shop.

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 1626
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Term Team is Dead! - Page 7 Empty Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by KeeperCommander on 27/10/17, 10:19 am

Medicine Man wrote:Unless they adopt the rules like Plano league where it's a closed roster, the pyramid model continues to rule the other leagues. The Bigs run this sideshow. I don't see much changing unless the parents quit buying their product and look for other options of development and path.
I believe Plano adopted the rule to keep LH players out.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1651
Points : 3769
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Term Team is Dead! - Page 7 Empty Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by Medicine Man on 27/10/17, 10:23 am

They have a different business model than the other leagues. It's their marketing niche. It keeps it clean.

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 1626
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Term Team is Dead! - Page 7 Empty Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by KeeperCommander on 27/10/17, 10:30 am

Ha marketing niche. That’s a good one.
Plano is the league without the best players. Come play here.
Brilliant.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1651
Points : 3769
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Term Team is Dead! - Page 7 Empty Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by Medicine Man on 27/10/17, 10:42 am

KC takes the bait once again. You run LH what if you had teams in Plano? Have you used that 1 percent of brain power yet...not yet.

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 1626
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Term Team is Dead! - Page 7 Empty Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by KeeperCommander on 27/10/17, 10:55 am

Who runs LH and has teams in Plano?

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1651
Points : 3769
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Term Team is Dead! - Page 7 Empty Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by Medicine Man on 27/10/17, 11:06 am

Make more leagues KC I would like to see a new one every year.

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 1626
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Term Team is Dead! - Page 7 Empty Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by Guest on 27/10/17, 11:32 am

Speaking from first hand experience...the top 3-5 teams from Plano AND the top 2ish teams from Arlington are QUITE capable of beating ANY D3 lake highlands team and about 3/4 of the lake highlands D2 teams. I've actually seen those wins occur on more than one occasion...and not the "fluke counter to the big kid goal/park the bus" types of win a lá Sting. I'm talking legitimate wins. Beyond the D1 product and those few "almost-there's" LH folks are a little too smug in the alleged dominance of they're product IMHO. There really are some quality sides out there that are doing the right things for these young ladies and the football they play is enjoyable to watch.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Term Team is Dead! - Page 7 Empty Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by Big Ern on 27/10/17, 11:41 am

Medicine Man wrote:KC takes the bait once again. You run LH what if you had teams in Plano? Have you used that 1 percent of brain power yet...not yet.

Classic ^ -- especially considering the source.

Do ya know what a pyramid scheme is?

,and (even more pertinent to your argument) ...

Do ya know the meaning of the word 'development'?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1078
Points : 2867
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Term Team is Dead! - Page 7 Empty Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by KeeperCommander on 27/10/17, 11:51 am

Medicine Man wrote:Make more leagues KC I would like to see a new one every year.
Lets start by using complete sentences and thoughts.
You can not market a lower league by claiming you are the one that is keeping the best players out. That is asinine. However it makes perfect sense coming from you.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1651
Points : 3769
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Term Team is Dead! - Page 7 Empty Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by SoccerPunch on 27/10/17, 11:52 am

Blob wrote:Speaking from first hand experience...the top 3-5 teams from Plano AND the top 2ish teams from Arlington are QUITE capable of beating ANY D3 lake highlands team and about 3/4 of the lake highlands D2 teams.  I've actually seen those wins occur on more than one occasion...and not the "fluke counter to the big kid goal/park the bus" types of win a lá Sting. I'm talking legitimate wins. Beyond the D1 product and those few "almost-there's" LH folks are a little too smug in the alleged dominance of they're product IMHO. There really are some quality sides out there that are doing the right things for these young ladies and the football they play is enjoyable to watch.


Very True,
But there are some teams trying to work their way up and have to start at the bottom.
And if those teams encounter teams using all their dual roster and CPP players so be it.
To be the best you have to beat the best.


SoccerPunch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 30
Points : 685
Join date : 2017-09-03

Back to top Go down

Term Team is Dead! - Page 7 Empty Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by Guest on 27/10/17, 11:54 am

I imagine not...He can't even spell "Ponzi".

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Term Team is Dead! - Page 7 Empty Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by KeeperCommander on 27/10/17, 11:57 am

SoccerPunch wrote:
Blob wrote:Speaking from first hand experience...the top 3-5 teams from Plano AND the top 2ish teams from Arlington are QUITE capable of beating ANY D3 lake highlands team and about 3/4 of the lake highlands D2 teams.  I've actually seen those wins occur on more than one occasion...and not the "fluke counter to the big kid goal/park the bus" types of win a lá Sting. I'm talking legitimate wins. Beyond the D1 product and those few "almost-there's" LH folks are a little too smug in the alleged dominance of they're product IMHO. There really are some quality sides out there that are doing the right things for these young ladies and the football they play is enjoyable to watch.


Very True,
But there are some teams trying to work their way up and have to start at the bottom.
And if those teams encounter teams using all their dual roster and CPP players so be it.
To be the best you have to beat the best.

Many teams relish playing the top teams to see where they fall in the grand scheme. You are right though Blob the top teams in say Plano do stack up rather well against D3 teams. Arlington? Well maybe I do not know.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1651
Points : 3769
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Term Team is Dead! - Page 7 Empty Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by SickofStupidity on 27/10/17, 11:59 am

SoccerPunch wrote:
Blob wrote:Speaking from first hand experience...the top 3-5 teams from Plano AND the top 2ish teams from Arlington are QUITE capable of beating ANY D3 lake highlands team and about 3/4 of the lake highlands D2 teams.  I've actually seen those wins occur on more than one occasion...and not the "fluke counter to the big kid goal/park the bus" types of win a lá Sting. I'm talking legitimate wins. Beyond the D1 product and those few "almost-there's" LH folks are a little too smug in the alleged dominance of they're product IMHO. There really are some quality sides out there that are doing the right things for these young ladies and the football they play is enjoyable to watch.


Very True,
But there are some teams trying to work their way up and have to start at the bottom.
And if those teams encounter teams using all their dual roster and CPP players so be it.
To be the best you have to beat the best.


And I suppose you sign up for the highest brackets in tournaments so you can see if your team can beat the best?

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 918
Points : 2792
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Term Team is Dead! - Page 7 Empty Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by Guest on 27/10/17, 12:05 pm

I agree SoccerPunch. I always admire those dudes we've watched grow over the years. You know the ones: they have a good coach and he or she is growing the team organically, they've consistently improved over the years, the parents have a good dynamic and support, and they slowly get better every time you encounter them. I'm admittedly an "underdog" kind of fan but I also appreciate watching those groups that are earning their way. There's just an air of success and confidence you can see in those young ladies. They may not ever be the DA kiddos but the pride and desire to improve at their craft is easy to spot.

(NOT implying that anyone else doesn't have that same thing occurring...just teams like that tend to catch my attention. You can find yourself secretly rooting for those kids' success even though you have no vested interest in them)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Term Team is Dead! - Page 7 Empty Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by SoccerPunch on 27/10/17, 12:13 pm

Blob wrote:I agree SoccerPunch. I always admire those dudes we've watched grow over the years. You know the ones:  they have a good coach and he or she is growing the team organically, they've consistently improved over the years, the parents have a good dynamic and support, and they slowly get better every time you encounter them. I'm admittedly an "underdog" kind of fan but I also appreciate watching those groups that are earning their way. There's just an air of success and confidence you can see in those young ladies. They may not ever be the DA kiddos but the pride and desire to improve at their craft is easy to spot.

(NOT implying that anyone else doesn't have that same thing occurring...just teams like that tend to catch my attention. You can find yourself secretly rooting for those kids' success even though you have no vested interest in them)

Well Written Sir,

Thanks

SoccerPunch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 30
Points : 685
Join date : 2017-09-03

Back to top Go down

Term Team is Dead! - Page 7 Empty Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by SoccerPunch on 27/10/17, 12:20 pm

SickofStupidity wrote:
SoccerPunch wrote:
Blob wrote:Speaking from first hand experience...the top 3-5 teams from Plano AND the top 2ish teams from Arlington are QUITE capable of beating ANY D3 lake highlands team and about 3/4 of the lake highlands D2 teams.  I've actually seen those wins occur on more than one occasion...and not the "fluke counter to the big kid goal/park the bus" types of win a lá Sting. I'm talking legitimate wins. Beyond the D1 product and those few "almost-there's" LH folks are a little too smug in the alleged dominance of they're product IMHO. There really are some quality sides out there that are doing the right things for these young ladies and the football they play is enjoyable to watch.


Very True,
But there are some teams trying to work their way up and have to start at the bottom.
And if those teams encounter teams using all their dual roster and CPP players so be it.
To be the best you have to beat the best.


And I suppose you sign up for the highest brackets in tournaments so you can see if your team can beat the best?


Ya know you'll find that teams tend to play up to a level they are playing in and they will also play down to the level they are playing in. A team that decides to move up may get destroyed at first but by the end of the season you may see them grasp the speed and the skill of that level and equal out.

SoccerPunch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 30
Points : 685
Join date : 2017-09-03

Back to top Go down

Term Team is Dead! - Page 7 Empty Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by SickofStupidity on 27/10/17, 12:24 pm

SoccerPunch wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:
SoccerPunch wrote:
Blob wrote:Speaking from first hand experience...the top 3-5 teams from Plano AND the top 2ish teams from Arlington are QUITE capable of beating ANY D3 lake highlands team and about 3/4 of the lake highlands D2 teams.  I've actually seen those wins occur on more than one occasion...and not the "fluke counter to the big kid goal/park the bus" types of win a lá Sting. I'm talking legitimate wins. Beyond the D1 product and those few "almost-there's" LH folks are a little too smug in the alleged dominance of they're product IMHO. There really are some quality sides out there that are doing the right things for these young ladies and the football they play is enjoyable to watch.


Very True,
But there are some teams trying to work their way up and have to start at the bottom.
And if those teams encounter teams using all their dual roster and CPP players so be it.
To be the best you have to beat the best.


And I suppose you sign up for the highest brackets in tournaments so you can see if your team can beat the best?


Ya know you'll find that teams tend to play up to a level they are playing in and they will also play down to the level they are playing in. A team that decides to move up may get destroyed at first but by the end of the season you may see them grasp the speed and the skill of that level and equal out.

Conveniently, you avoided answering the question.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 918
Points : 2792
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Term Team is Dead! - Page 7 Empty Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by SoccerPunch on 27/10/17, 12:32 pm

SickofStupidity wrote:
SoccerPunch wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:
SoccerPunch wrote:
Blob wrote:Speaking from first hand experience...the top 3-5 teams from Plano AND the top 2ish teams from Arlington are QUITE capable of beating ANY D3 lake highlands team and about 3/4 of the lake highlands D2 teams.  I've actually seen those wins occur on more than one occasion...and not the "fluke counter to the big kid goal/park the bus" types of win a lá Sting. I'm talking legitimate wins. Beyond the D1 product and those few "almost-there's" LH folks are a little too smug in the alleged dominance of they're product IMHO. There really are some quality sides out there that are doing the right things for these young ladies and the football they play is enjoyable to watch.


Very True,
But there are some teams trying to work their way up and have to start at the bottom.
And if those teams encounter teams using all their dual roster and CPP players so be it.
To be the best you have to beat the best.


And I suppose you sign up for the highest brackets in tournaments so you can see if your team can beat the best?


Ya know you'll find that teams tend to play up to a level they are playing in and they will also play down to the level they are playing in. A team that decides to move up may get destroyed at first but by the end of the season you may see them grasp the speed and the skill of that level and equal out.

Conveniently, you avoided answering the question.


As i have no control on what bracket is chosen. I wish they would sometimes.
Answer good enough? First year with new team we will see.

SoccerPunch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 30
Points : 685
Join date : 2017-09-03

Back to top Go down

Term Team is Dead! - Page 7 Empty Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by Guest on 27/10/17, 12:36 pm

OMGeeeee! I know you asked SoccerPunch but the sarcastic tenor of your question needs a response I suppose. So, I'll answer for MY DD's team and say "YES" they will consistently punch above their weight class in tourneys. That's the purpose of the tournament, is it not? Challenge the group, play teams you normally don't see, and build unity (even moreso out of town). I'm not sure what you want to accomplish by asking SP that anyway...not all teams are trophy hunting ass.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Term Team is Dead! - Page 7 Empty Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by SoccerPunch on 27/10/17, 01:12 pm

Blob wrote:OMGeeeee!  I know you asked SoccerPunch but the sarcastic tenor of your question needs a response I suppose. So, I'll answer for MY DD's team and say "YES" they will consistently punch above their weight class in tourneys. That's the purpose of the tournament, is it not?  Challenge the group, play teams you normally don't see, and build unity (even moreso out of town).  I'm not sure what you want to accomplish by asking SP that anyway...not all teams are trophy hunting ass.


Yes sir,
And if your destroying teams in a bronze or silver division then next Tourney try and move up one see what happens.

Thank you

SoccerPunch
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 30
Points : 685
Join date : 2017-09-03

Back to top Go down

Term Team is Dead! - Page 7 Empty Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by KeeperCommander on 27/10/17, 02:27 pm

Blob wrote:OMGeeeee!  I know you asked SoccerPunch but the sarcastic tenor of your question needs a response I suppose. So, I'll answer for MY DD's team and say "YES" they will consistently punch above their weight class in tourneys. That's the purpose of the tournament, is it not?  Challenge the group, play teams you normally don't see, and build unity (even moreso out of town).  I'm not sure what you want to accomplish by asking SP that anyway...not all teams are trophy hunting ass.
To some the purpose of a tournament is to get some hardware in 3 days of games. Trophy hunting is all that some parents care about. To accomplish this you have to find those tournaments that you are the best team entered.
Some of the best coaches only play those that the talent level is equal or better than their team.
And so on...

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1651
Points : 3769
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Term Team is Dead! - Page 7 Empty Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum