North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Term Team is Dead! - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

Term Team is Dead!

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Term Team is Dead! - Page 3 Empty Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by Zizou 22/10/17, 09:56 am

Big clubs will support potential relegation teams to keep the full paying customer coming..

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 22/10/17, 09:58 am

SickofStupidity wrote:
TheKeeper'sDad wrote:It makes me wonder if the coaches realize they are jeopardizing their teams in the long run.  There is nothing better to see a coach make a decision solely based on winning, and then not win the game. It tells the kids on the bench that the coach doesn't think they are good enough to contribute to a win. Keep developing your players and they will be good enough. Parents and coaches alike need to understand that at 10 years old it should be all about development. We can worry about wins when they matter (high school, college, or beyond). None of these kids will remember these wins or loses next year, but they will remember being benched for what was thought to be a better option.

That message is delivered with or without a win.

You think those kids on the bench enjoy watching the guests play week after week?  Evil or Very Mad

"keep" developing your players?  It doesn't look like much development is going on when those players continue to ride the pine while a coach brings down guests.  Funny thing is, those players on the "practice squad" pay the same amount as the starters (and guests, who are likely getting playing time on multiple teams).

It's not just you SoS, and I feel for you + your kid given the situation it sounds like you're in (sounds like you're still D'Feeting and I have some close friends in the exact same boat), but ...

The overuse and misinterpretation of the term "development" on this forum is astounding ... The majority of development takes place in training sessions and at home outside of training time.  It happens every time a player touches a ball, and when they are taught.  These moments occur exponentially more often in training than in the matches as there are so many more opportunities for a player to have a ball at her foot, to be instructed & corrected, and to be able to visualize tactical concepts.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 22/10/17, 09:59 am

SickofStupidity wrote:So - I would wonder how you know that the largest % of people that are unhappy were ones told exactly how things were going to be, but only heard what they wanted to hear?

It is a simple, straight-forward question.

Were you there?  Was someone else there that told you this?  Russian spy satellites?  NSA emails leaked?  Cell phones hacked and used as listening devices?
Not even close. I can see it in the posts. Sad.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 22/10/17, 10:00 am

You will see ECNL players dropping down on you to secure positions. ECNL if it has any balls needs to disallow it players from playing across leagues. But we are talking about US. club

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 22/10/17, 10:06 am

TheKeeper'sDad wrote:The funny thing is it doesn't matter if you team uses CPP or not, this game is 100% about winning. It doesn't matter if your DD plays for a big club or an independent one like mine, most of these coaches only want to win. They will play the players they think can win if the game is close. If you're lucky you play a team that isn't very good, and every kid will get time. The good news is there are a few good coaches that are truly coaching for the right reasons (development of the kids). The bad news is most of them don't coach teams that play in Lake Highlands.
First I am about development. A coach should be able to develop the players that he/she has and not just upgrade on a whim. That being said all sports are about winning. True. It is called competition. Should it be about winning at 5 years old? No. Tell me when it whould start? Thirteen, Fifteen, maybe when they get to college? It should start when a kid is old enough to determine on their own what they like. Some kids are better, some are bigger, some just love the game and some have it all. It is not a level playing field, those that think it is are fooling themselves. There are difrent levels of play for a reason. Pick the right one for your kid, and let them help.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TheKeeper'sDad 22/10/17, 10:06 am

Game speed and game execution are the best tools for development. You can practice all day long, but until you execute at full speed with real defenders/attackers your touches will not advance. I believe that you learn the game during the games, and perfect the skill at practice. Take what you did well during the game and expand on it. Take your opportunities within that game and work drills to improve. If true development comes from practice and touches at home, then why haven't some of these trick artists or street ballers dominating the world?

TheKeeper'sDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 22/10/17, 10:08 am

Zizou wrote:Remove the contracts! Make these clubs have to work to keep your business.
So like Select basketball

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 22/10/17, 10:10 am

Basketball in this country doesn’t seem to have a problem with development.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 22/10/17, 10:11 am

Correct it thrives like Medicine Man avatar changes

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 5050Ball 22/10/17, 10:25 am

Zizou wrote:Basketball in this country doesn’t seem to have a problem with development.

Because Nike and Under Armour pay the way.
5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 22/10/17, 10:28 am

Sure,

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 22/10/17, 10:33 am

TheKeeper'sDad wrote:Game speed and game execution are the best tools for development. You can practice all day long, but until you execute at full speed with real defenders/attackers your touches will not advance. I believe that you learn the game during the games, and perfect the skill at practice. Take what you did well during the game and expand on it. Take your opportunities within that game and work drills to improve. If true development comes from practice and touches at home, then why haven't some of these trick artists or street ballers dominating the world?

"Obviously, you're not a golfer" ...

That, and rather unfortunately, it sounds like your kid hasn't had a proper coach.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TheKeeper'sDad 22/10/17, 10:38 am

I love golf. I hit the ball great at the range, but can't duplicate it on the course. Rather sad actually. My DD is a Keeper, no coach at this age spends enough time developing their Keepers. I have to pay extra for her to get the development she deserves. The dad in me thinks she is the best Keeper in her age group, and deserves equal amounts of development as the field players, after all I am paying the same amount of money as they are.

TheKeeper'sDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 22/10/17, 10:50 am

Smile Good stuff Sir --

One of mine is a GK too.  As I mentioned in a post on your thread this morning ... If she is able to make it onto an ECNL or DA roster, you'll likely find that she will get what she needs from the club end of things (more intimate technical/tactical work, incorporation of GK session into team training, game analysis)

If she is the best in her age group, this shouldn't be a problem and you'll be all set soon ...
And if she's at least U13, you can reach out to the DA clubs at anytime for a shot at a spot on one of those teams.

Good luck out there!

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TheKeeper'sDad 22/10/17, 10:54 am

Thanks BigErn

TheKeeper'sDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 22/10/17, 11:22 am

TheKeeper'sDad wrote:I love golf. I hit the ball great at the range, but can't duplicate it on the course. Rather sad actually.  My DD is a Keeper, no coach at this age spends enough time developing their Keepers. I have to pay extra for her to get the development she deserves. The dad in me thinks she is the best Keeper in her age group, and deserves equal amounts of development as the field players, after all I am paying the same amount of money as they are.

Good luck to you . . . Sir.

That's right BigE, if she is able to make it onto an ECNL or DA roster at FC Dallas (and possibly other clubs), you'll likely find that she will get what she needs from the club end of things.  

Hey BigE, shouldn't goalies at all levels - not just those at the "elite" level - expect a little more?  (maybe that's just your elitism shining through)  Isn't it in the clubs', coaches' and teams' interest?  Isn't this an area where large clubs should have an advantage over independents?

Shouldn't the clubs be working to develop your daughter's potential replacement (whether thru departure, injury, retirement . . . or maybe if they got a little visibility, they may actually be better)?

What I find amusing is the number of people who come on here and extol the virtues of CPPing ECNL players to LH teams - that true development comes from playing better competition.  The key word being PLAYING.  On this, I agree with you BigE - more development comes in training - but if those kids are constantly riding the pine while multiple ECNL guests play the majority of the game, how are the developing kids getting an opportunity to put what they are learning into practice?  And that, BigE, was my point.  Maybe they are NOT getting that development at practice, which is why the coach has to continue to CPP ECNL starters to make up for the lack of development.  And I think, BigE, that you would agree that there is also development that occurs in game situations (while these kids ride the pine) that is hard to replicate at practices.

Actually BigE, not dfeeted at all fella.  My dd is happy with her coach, the development she is receiving, her play time, and the opportunities her club is giving her.  Also doesn't mean I haven't experienced or witnessed (or know people who are currently experiencing) some of the problems with coaches, teams, or NTX soccer I address here.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 22/10/17, 12:13 pm

SickofStupidity wrote:
TheKeeper'sDad wrote:I love golf. I hit the ball great at the range, but can't duplicate it on the course. Rather sad actually.  My DD is a Keeper, no coach at this age spends enough time developing their Keepers. I have to pay extra for her to get the development she deserves. The dad in me thinks she is the best Keeper in her age group, and deserves equal amounts of development as the field players, after all I am paying the same amount of money as they are.

That's right BigE, if she is able to make it onto an ECNL or DA roster at FC Dallas (and possibly other clubs), you'll likely find that she will get what she needs from the club end of things.  

Hey BigE, shouldn't goalies at all levels - not just those at the "elite" level - expect a little more?  (maybe that's just your elitism shining through)  Isn't it in the clubs', coaches' and teams' interest?  Isn't this an area where large clubs should have an advantage over independents?

Shouldn't the clubs be working to develop your daughter's potential replacement (whether thru departure, injury, retirement . . . or maybe if they got a little visibility, they may actually be better)?

What I find amusing is the number of people who come on here and extol the virtues of CPPing ECNL players to LH teams - that true development comes from playing better competition.  The key word being PLAYING.  On this, I agree with you BigE - more development comes in training - but if those kids are constantly riding the pine while multiple ECNL guests play the majority of the game, how are the developing kids getting an opportunity to put what they are learning into practice?  And that, BigE, was my point.  Maybe they are NOT getting that development at practice, which is why the coach has to continue to CPP ECNL starters to make up for the lack of development.  And I think, BigE, that you would agree that there is also development that occurs in game situations (while these kids ride the pine) that is hard to replicate at practices.

Actually BigE, not dfeeted at all fella.  My dd is happy with her coach, the development she is receiving, her play time, and the opportunities her club is giving her.  Also doesn't mean I haven't experienced or witnessed (or know people who are currently experiencing) some of the problems with coaches, teams, or NTX soccer I address here.

Ohhhhh ... I see SoS.  You're advocating for others that are disgruntled with their current situation -- you and your kid are rosy.  Got it.

Absolutely GKs at all levels should be given the quality of instruction that those at the top do ... However, as we know, there aren't enough quality instructors to handle this task and if there were, the clubs probably wouldn't be willing to pay for.  It's just not fair, is it Sad

and

Absolutely kids benefit and "develop" from match play time as well.

Since you continue to assume I'm "elitist" because I occasionally (and accurately) outline the reality of the hierarchy of the NTX soccer landscape ... I coach kids of all abilities, my own kids play at all levels (recreational, LHGCL, JDL, Champions League, DA) and I've coached teams that play at all levels.

"D'Feeting" didn't mean defeated -- Just that you make it sound that you guys are stuck in the D'Feeters/Kicks "pool" world this year like some of my friends are.  

Sheesh ... Always so sensitive SoS.  Given your line of work, "I expected a little more from a varsity letterman" --

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 22/10/17, 12:41 pm

BigErn wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:

Ohhhhh ... I see SoS.  You're advocating for others that are disgruntled with their current situation -- you and your kid are rosy.  Got it.

Absolutely GKs at all levels should be given the quality of instruction that those at the top do ... However, as we know, there aren't enough quality instructors to handle this task and if there were, the clubs probably wouldn't be willing to pay for.  It's just not fair, is it Sad

and

Since you continue to assume I'm "elitist" because I occasionally (and accurately) outline the reality of the hierarchy of the NTX soccer landscape ... I coach kids of all abilities, my own kids play at all levels (recreational, LHGCL, JDL, Champions League, DA) and I've coached teams that play at all levels.

"D'Feeting" didn't mean defeated -- Just that you make it sound that you guys are stuck in the D'Feeters/Kicks "pool" world this year like some of my friends are.  

Sheesh ... Always so sensitive SoS.  Given your line of work, "I expected a little more from a varsity letterman" --

ummm, ok fella, I guess you would know better than I would (or maybe that's just your pompous side showing through)

so, as I said, not stuck in the D'Feeters/Kicks "pool" with your friends

Unlike you, I have the ability to empathize with those who are unhappy with their current situation, or understand scenarios that may be similar to previous seasons.  We all don't view the NTX soccer world with your rosy glasses.

But I guess, given your line of work, your opinions on this board seldom surprise me.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 22/10/17, 01:06 pm

SickofStupidity wrote:
BigErn wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:

and

ummm, ok fella, I guess you would know better than I would (or maybe that's just your pompous side showing through)

so, as I said, not stuck in the D'Feeters/Kicks "pool" with your friends

Unlike you, I have the ability to empathize with those who are unhappy with their current situation, or understand scenarios that may be similar to previous seasons.  We all don't view the NTX soccer world with your rosy glasses.

But I guess, given your line of work, your opinions on this board seldom surprise me.

Fantastic  Very Happy

And touche Sir -- Wouldn't expect anything less (more) from you SoS.  

On another note and for what it's worth ... I did sympathize for you and your daughter's situation last year and am genuinely happy for you guys if you did indeed finder a better one this year.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 22/10/17, 01:56 pm

You are losing BigE it's time to show the white flag too many people are tired of the system. The sleeping giant has been awakened.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 22/10/17, 03:00 pm

Medicine Man wrote:You are losing BigE it's time to show the white flag too many people are tired of the system. The sleeping giant has been awakened.

I know how much BigE hates this but . . . lol!

Many people may be tired of the system, but the vast majority are NOT willing to be vocal.  I believe when you first started your posts, you were asked to be specific and name names.  Crickets.  YOU had the ability to step out, lead your movement, call out the clubs and coaches you rail on - but you didn't.  

People never do.

Mainly because it's easier for most people to come on boards and bitch and moan - about soccer, politics, whatever - than to actually DO somehting - take action, put your money where your mouth is, campaign, talk to your coach, your DOC, etc.

Also, because, the soccer community is small, and you want to be able to find a new home for Suzy next year.

Nothing is going to change.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 22/10/17, 03:07 pm

I'm not worried about the politics SOS. I am just speaking out what I believe is wrong and hurting the soccer community.

The truth will set you free from the shackles of slavery!

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 22/10/17, 03:27 pm

Like I said - YOU were asked to be specific and name names. Crickets. YOU had the ability to step out, lead your movement, call out the clubs and coaches you rail on - but you didn't.

So much for taking a stand to end your slavery.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 22/10/17, 05:29 pm

The system SOS. The player pass and dual rostering. It's all the clubs. I would like to know which coach doesn't that would help the many..

Who are the righteous? Basketball

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 22/10/17, 06:44 pm

wow If peoples kids work as hard to earn playtime as their parents work at whining about it there wouldn't be a problem.

You learn and develop in practice (unless your coach sucks) Playtime is the reward and also where the coach learns what needs to be worked on. Your learning does not take place in the game and until you develop more players than some of the top academies and soccer minds around the world what you FEEL happens doesn't matter. The biggest thing with playtime is it needs to be fought for and earned by the player which too often in NTX is not the case. Don't like CPP shifting ecnl players, don't even like DA players for HS because it gives others the chance to play. However if your kid isn't playing the kid needs to look at themselves and what they can do to improve.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 22/10/17, 07:13 pm

Which coaches play their rosters? Very simple question.

The point of the term team is Dead is that the rosters change so playing w the same players you practice and sign w is not the norm.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next