Latest topics
Tournament upset alertToday at 06:04 pmCheckpoint Charlie
TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMSToday at 05:07 pm08soccerfollower
03 DT Fall Festival Today at 12:16 pmAnt_Knee
League Challenge Cup discussionYesterday at 09:17 pmteddykgb
Out of ControlYesterday at 03:33 pmCornydogonastick
06 Boys looking for a free or half price tourney in DecemberYesterday at 03:09 pmEFC-Soccer
GEE THANKS DTSC FALL FESTIVAL!?Yesterday at 02:26 pmGameday 04 New
07 Boys Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)Yesterday at 01:35 pmU90C
03 Boys Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)Yesterday at 01:04 pmU90C
Dfeeters Thanksgiving ShowcaseYesterday at 12:52 pmcanaryman
12 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)Yesterday at 12:21 pmU90C
09 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)Yesterday at 10:56 amU90C
07 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)Yesterday at 10:55 amU90C
11 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)Yesterday at 10:54 amU90C
10 Boys Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)Yesterday at 10:52 amU90C
Looking for guest players! Yesterday at 08:28 ampingo99
Solar East Williamson 09 JCLYesterday at 05:50 amSolarEastForney
05 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)15/11/18, 05:34 pmU90C
12 Boys Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)15/11/18, 05:32 pmU90C
07 Boys Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)15/11/18, 05:30 pmU90C
05 Boys Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)15/11/18, 05:28 pmU90C
10 Boys Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)15/11/18, 05:26 pmU90C
05 Boys Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)15/11/18, 05:25 pmU90C
05 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)15/11/18, 05:24 pmU90C
Texas Cup Tournament - 07 Gold Team Needed - Plays for Free15/11/18, 04:52 pmTexasCup
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Statistics
We have 12736 registered users
The newest registered user is locoxelfutbol

Our users have posted a total of 183657 messages in 24437 subjects

Term Team is Dead!

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by Medicine Man on 22/10/17, 07:13 pm

Which coaches play their rosters? Very simple question.

The point of the term team is Dead is that the rosters change so playing w the same players you practice and sign w is not the norm.

Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Join date : 2017-09-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by Big Ern on 22/10/17, 08:19 pm

go99 wrote:wow If peoples kids work as hard to earn playtime as their parents work at whining about it there wouldn't be a problem.

You learn and develop in practice (unless your coach sucks) Playtime is the reward and also where the coach learns what needs to be worked on.  Your learning does not take place in the game and until you develop more players than some of the top academies and soccer minds around the world what you FEEL happens doesn't matter.  The biggest thing with playtime is it needs to be fought for and earned by the player which too often in NTX is not the case.  Don't like CPP shifting ecnl players, don't even like DA players for HS because it gives others the chance to play.  However if your kid isn't playing the kid needs to look at themselves and what they can do to improve.

^ I luv smart peeple.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 977
Points : 2553
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by Big Ern on 22/10/17, 08:49 pm

Medicine Man wrote:Which coaches play their rosters? Very simple question.

The point of the term team is Dead is that the rosters change so playing w the same players you practice and sign w is not the norm.

Since it's so simple, I'll take a stab at 'er ...

What is ... All of em but a handful of those with teams in LH D1 that utilize the CPP rule in a few games they feel they need to win -- So 90ish % then?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 977
Points : 2553
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by Medicine Man on 22/10/17, 08:51 pm

What's to earn is the question at practice when half the team.is not there to compete. What's the point of even trying if there's no reward. No motivation or development. Why is the coach even coming to practice.

You got dual roster and CPP there's a wide range of options.


Last edited by Medicine Man on 22/10/17, 08:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
avatar
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 1413
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by Saul Goodman on 22/10/17, 08:54 pm

Medicine Man wrote:What's to earn is the question at practice when half the team.is not there to compete. What's the point of even trying if there's no reward. No motivation or development. Why is the coach even coming to practice

$$$$$$$$$ affraid $$$$$$$$$$$

__________________________________________________
It's All Good-Man
avatar
Saul Goodman
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 48
Points : 1486
Join date : 2014-12-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by Medicine Man on 22/10/17, 08:56 pm

That's what I said in my original post. Team is dead.

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
avatar
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 1413
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by Big Ern on 22/10/17, 08:59 pm

Medicine Man wrote:What's to earn is the question at practice when half the team.is not there to compete. What's the point of even trying if there's no reward. No motivation or development. Why is the coach even coming to practice.

You got dual roster and CPP there's a wide range of options.

If this ^ is your reality, you may wanna consider getting back to recreational soccer.  

You know -- for the love of the game ... just for fun ... no drama.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 977
Points : 2553
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by Medicine Man on 23/10/17, 06:18 am

There's only a few teams left BigE now everyone just wants players for their payroll. Development and team is dead.

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
avatar
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 1413
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by Big Ern on 23/10/17, 07:51 am

Medicine Man wrote:There's only a few teams left BigE now everyone just wants players for their payroll. Development and team is dead.

is = 1

are = 2+

Good deed for the day ... check.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 977
Points : 2553
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by Guest on 23/10/17, 07:52 am

BigErn wrote:
Medicine Man wrote:There's only a few teams left BigE now everyone just wants players for their payroll. Development and team is dead.

is = 1

are = 2+

Good deed for the day ... check.
LMMFAO

i guess it sounded right

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by Guest on 23/10/17, 08:11 am

Development and money were issues a few years ago...if that's still one of the major qualms you have at this age then you need a senior adviser.

consider:
Private Training
Group Training
Extra touches
Part-Time Job
Pay-Day Loans
Personal Loans
Illegal activities that garnish BIG paydays
or.....another sport/another level, like Ern mentioned Rec gets you playing time, no extra fees, and lower commute times and shucks your kid may get a juice box afterwards (not sure if they still do snacks at this age?)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by SickofStupidity on 23/10/17, 09:27 am

JonSneauxTargaryen wrote:Development and money were issues a few years ago...if that's still one of the major qualms you have at this age then you need a senior adviser.

consider:
Private Training
Group Training
Extra touches
Part-Time Job
Pay-Day Loans
Personal Loans
Illegal activities that garnish BIG paydays
or.....another sport/another level, like Ern mentioned Rec gets you playing time, no extra fees, and lower commute times and shucks your kid may get a juice box afterwards (not sure if they still do snacks at this age?)

Snacks are completely out. Could contain wheat, peanuts, soy, milk, GMOs, corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, and may not be organic.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 884
Points : 2542
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by Guest on 23/10/17, 09:47 am

No kidding!!
Probably just get a lecture about cyber bullying and other forms of digital mayhem they should be conscious about.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by Guest on 23/10/17, 09:49 am

SickofStupidity wrote:

Could contain wheat, peanuts, soy, milk, GMOs, corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, and may not be organic.

I think you just described MM's version of an NTX select soccer team...

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by KeeperCommander on 23/10/17, 09:54 am

bwgophers wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:

Could contain wheat, peanuts, soy, milk, GMOs, corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, and may not be organic.

I think you just described MM's version of an NTX select soccer team...
I think SOS just described MM.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1649
Points : 3554
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by Lefty on 23/10/17, 10:22 am

Medicine Man wrote:Dual rosters, pooled play, CPP, greed and deception has ruined soccer in NTX. There is no such term as team anymore.

Been that way for many years.

TEAM only existed in concept to allow clubs and coaches to get players to sign contracts to guarantee their income for the year.

In reality clubs would prefer to get players to sign the contract with the club with no reference to coach, team, league, etc. so they have 100% control over decision making.

Kind of like the way the rest of the work does it with one significant exception.  

PAY to PLAY.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1060
Points : 4557
Join date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by Big Ern on 23/10/17, 10:47 am

Lefty wrote:
Medicine Man wrote:Dual rosters, pooled play, CPP, greed and deception has ruined soccer in NTX. There is no such term as team anymore.

Been that way for many years.

TEAM only existed in concept to allow clubs and coaches to get players to sign contracts to guarantee their income for the year.

In reality clubs would prefer to get players to sign the contract with the club with no reference to coach, team, league, etc. so they have 100% control over decision making.

Kind of like the way the rest of the work does it with one significant exception.  

PAY to PLAY.

Sure would be difficult to pay for the professional coaching and training space without those club dues though wouldn't it.  

Until the MLS has cash flow equivalent to the NFL, or Bill Gates decides to fund US Soccer, we'll have to continue to cough it up --

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 977
Points : 2553
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by KeeperCommander on 23/10/17, 11:34 am

BigErn wrote:
Lefty wrote:
Medicine Man wrote:Dual rosters, pooled play, CPP, greed and deception has ruined soccer in NTX. There is no such term as team anymore.

Been that way for many years.

TEAM only existed in concept to allow clubs and coaches to get players to sign contracts to guarantee their income for the year.

In reality clubs would prefer to get players to sign the contract with the club with no reference to coach, team, league, etc. so they have 100% control over decision making.

Kind of like the way the rest of the work does it with one significant exception.  

PAY to PLAY.

Sure would be difficult to pay for the professional coaching and training space without those club dues though wouldn't it.  

Until the MLS has cash flow equivalent to the NFL, or Bill Gates decides to fund US Soccer, we'll have to continue to cough it up --
And we all know that equivalency will not happen.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1649
Points : 3554
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by Medicine Man on 24/10/17, 05:52 am

Dead on Arrival. At this point teams looking for players just need to pad their pockets to.pay their electric bill.

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
avatar
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 1413
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by Zizou on 24/10/17, 10:53 am

KeeperCommander wrote:
BigErn wrote:
Lefty wrote:
Medicine Man wrote:Dual rosters, pooled play, CPP, greed and deception has ruined soccer in NTX. There is no such term as team anymore.

Been that way for many years.

TEAM only existed in concept to allow clubs and coaches to get players to sign contracts to guarantee their income for the year.

In reality clubs would prefer to get players to sign the contract with the club with no reference to coach, team, league, etc. so they have 100% control over decision making.

Kind of like the way the rest of the work does it with one significant exception.  

PAY to PLAY.

Sure would be difficult to pay for the professional coaching and training space without those club dues though wouldn't it.  

Until the MLS has cash flow equivalent to the NFL, or Bill Gates decides to fund US Soccer, we'll have to continue to cough it up --
And we all know that equivalency will not happen.


I understand the pay for training space, but to insinuate that all coaches in NTX are professionals is laughable.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2351
Points : 4285
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by Zizou on 24/10/17, 10:59 am

NTX needs a coaching pay scale that promotes those coaches that one come with the credentials, two are willing to further educate to obtain, and finally put in the time or have the skins to prove it. We have too many Tom, Dicks , and Tracy picking up pay checks at the expense of parents victims of their own ignorance and a corrupt system with zero checks and balances.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2351
Points : 4285
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by Medicine Man on 24/10/17, 11:22 am

Some of it is not knowing more so for the younger players and parents. The ones who are involved learn quickly that the club path isn't right for them and go to alternate options for their goals. The others don't get involved and drop them off w little expectations or aspirations. That's my short perception. It didn't take too long to figure it out Zizou.


Last edited by Medicine Man on 24/10/17, 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
avatar
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 1413
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by KeeperCommander on 24/10/17, 11:22 am

Zizou wrote:NTX needs a coaching pay scale that promotes those coaches that one come with the credentials, two are willing to further educate to obtain, and finally put in the time or have the skins to prove it. We have too many Tom, Dicks , and Tracy picking up pay checks at the expense of parents victims of their own ignorance and a corrupt system with zero checks and balances.
You may have a point. Exception being that there are "some" good coaches that do not have or have not obtained the proper licensing. I know some very inept A License coaches that would not go near my DD. Some that seem to get the very best out of the kids but doesnt teach them quite what I would want them to learn. Just opinion on what someone considers best or worst.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1649
Points : 3554
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by KeeperCommander on 24/10/17, 11:25 am

Medicine Man wrote:Some of it is not knowing more so for the younger players and parents. The ones who are involved learn quickly that the club path isn't right for them and go to alternate options for their goals. The others don't get involved and drop them off w little expectations or aspirations. That's my short perception. It didn't take too long to figure it out Zizou.
That was actually a well thought out statement instead of the constant team is dead drivel you usually spout off.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1649
Points : 3554
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by Big Ern on 24/10/17, 11:30 am

Zizou wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
BigErn wrote:
Lefty wrote:
Medicine Man wrote:Dual rosters, pooled play, CPP, greed and deception has ruined soccer in NTX. There is no such term as team anymore.

Been that way for many years.

TEAM only existed in concept to allow clubs and coaches to get players to sign contracts to guarantee their income for the year.

In reality clubs would prefer to get players to sign the contract with the club with no reference to coach, team, league, etc. so they have 100% control over decision making.

Kind of like the way the rest of the work does it with one significant exception.  

PAY to PLAY.

Sure would be difficult to pay for the professional coaching and training space without those club dues though wouldn't it.  

Until the MLS has cash flow equivalent to the NFL, or Bill Gates decides to fund US Soccer, we'll have to continue to cough it up --
And we all know that equivalency will not happen.


I understand the pay for training space, but to insinuate that all coaches in NTX are professionals is laughable.

Agreed Zizou and not sure (at least I haven't seen) that anyone has insinuated that all coaches in NTX should be considered 'professionals'.  However, by definition, if you are paid for it, it is technically a profession making many undeserving coaches 'professionals'.  

As some of us have argued for years ...

Too many kids playing competitive soccer that shouldn't be = too many coaches coaching competitive soccer that shouldn't be.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 977
Points : 2553
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Term Team is Dead!

Post by Medicine Man on 24/10/17, 11:32 am

Zizou actually had something that wasn't jaded.

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
avatar
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 1413
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum