Latest topics
TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMSToday at 12:32 amNtxsoccerfan08
ALLEGIANCE FC '07 Black MAKES HISTORYYesterday at 11:57 pmNoSpinZone
The next Freddy Adu?Yesterday at 10:23 pmyouthsoccertroll
DKSC Boys Academy 2010s LookingYesterday at 09:25 pmDkscboysacademy2010
UTD Field ConditionsYesterday at 06:38 pmZizou
Back to it Yesterday at 12:37 pmteddykgb
Racist Comments and fightingYesterday at 11:59 amCheckpoint Charlie
FBR09 Rankings February 18th, 2019Yesterday at 10:37 amFBR09G
Club Fees Yesterday at 08:50 amBadknees
FC Dallas West WillettYesterday at 07:31 amterps37
Solar09G Bardwell Open Roster Spots Available17/02/19, 07:09 pmTXEagles
Inter United FC 2012 Boys 17/02/19, 01:21 pmInterUnitedFC
Solar 11 Weigelt Looking for Players 17/02/19, 11:40 amSolar11/12girls
Select / HS soccer overload? Advice?17/02/19, 07:16 amZizou
U14 Frontier Division16/02/19, 08:01 pmBENDMEOVER
08g goalkeeper needed LH d1 team16/02/19, 02:24 pmjustagirl
Solar South 11 Girls Looking for couple of players 16/02/19, 07:37 amjlviera
Solar South 12 Girls Looking for girls 16/02/19, 07:37 amjlviera
Help with navigating the soccer landscape15/02/19, 08:48 pmBENDMEOVER
When did this happen? LFC now DFeeters Black15/02/19, 12:30 pmCheckpoint Charlie
looking for year round futsal team for 06g and 11g to join15/02/19, 11:39 amsoccer51721
FBR1015/02/19, 10:56 amWinTheChipzRdown
Looking to Add 08G Players15/02/19, 08:57 amNTX_Celtic_Talavera
Solar09G Bardwell Open Tryouts Lewisville15/02/19, 08:56 amTXEagles
Texas Spurs Blanton 09 - Looking to Add14/02/19, 09:52 pmtareyncarol
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Statistics
We have 12909 registered users
The newest registered user is youthsoccertroll

Our users have posted a total of 185373 messages in 24825 subjects

No More BW!

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

No More BW!

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch on 31/10/17, 12:49 pm

Looks like bwgophers has left the forum.. The end to all is near!

Shake_and_Bake wrote:
Foxysoccermom wrote:
Shake_and_Bake wrote:BW, pretty sad what you have become.  Years ago you actually added to the conversation, and now you are a side show clown.  You're worse than a middle aged has been trolling college bars.  Why don't you Sho'nuff/Meth Head/BBB go start a thread of morons in another age?  Stop trolling on the 06 board.

Quite a lively discussion you've started here, Ricky Bob. Maybe you and s3 should just text each other. No need to be such a d bag over 10 yr old soccer.

Regards

Foxy

Let me spell it out for you like your (It's you're. ~1st grader) a 1st grader, you are what killed the board.  It's like an echo chamber. Every single thread in every age is littered with Meth head, BW, BBB, KC or you posting comments again and again and again.  Let it go.  If you have something relevant, let's hear it.  If not, shut the f* up and go spend some time with your family.

Last I recalled what was said.. Must have worked
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 870
Points : 3467
Join date : 2012-04-14

Back to top Go down

Re: No More BW!

Post by Foxysoccermom on 31/10/17, 01:34 pm

Video killed the radio star. At least the board still has shake to enlighten them and if they don't like it they can just shut the f up. He's the guy you see yelling at the refs and opposing players on the weekend.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 650
Points : 1444
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: No More BW!

Post by KeeperCommander on 31/10/17, 02:18 pm

Don’t know how I got brought up in this, but I will gladly take the Pepsi challenge with any of you, just say when. Especially Shaken as a Baby.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1649
Points : 3647
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: No More BW!

Post by Bodhisattva on 31/10/17, 03:47 pm

RIP WARCHILD

__________________________________________________
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 349
Points : 1601
Join date : 2015-10-06
Location : Los Angeles, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: No More BW!

Post by Hersoccerdad on 13/11/17, 04:42 pm

I’m leaving names out of it. BUT...
I feel the same way. Use to be able to come in here and get some valuable information. But it’s become a place to make people feel like idiots or just making stupid comments. Less and less real conversation and help. Haven’t seen near as much use of this sight than I did over a year ago. Sad. It use to be a great place to come and get some great information.

Hersoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 50
Points : 1468
Join date : 2015-04-22

Back to top Go down

Re: No More BW!

Post by unknownposter on 13/11/17, 04:54 pm

Hersoccerdad wrote:I’m leaving names out of it. BUT...
I feel the same way. Use to be able to come in here and get some valuable information. But it’s become a place to make people feel like idiots or just making stupid comments. Less and less real conversation and help. Haven’t seen near as much use of this sight than I did over a year ago. Sad. It use to be a great place to come and get some great information.

Agree completely, it's a shame and could easily be fixed, but the powers that be don't seem to care enough to change things.

unknownposter
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 25
Points : 606
Join date : 2017-07-18

Back to top Go down

Re: No More BW!

Post by KeeperCommander on 13/11/17, 05:22 pm

unknownposter wrote:
Hersoccerdad wrote:I’m leaving names out of it. BUT...
I feel the same way. Use to be able to come in here and get some valuable information. But it’s become a place to make people feel like idiots or just making stupid comments. Less and less real conversation and help. Haven’t seen near as much use of this sight than I did over a year ago. Sad. It use to be a great place to come and get some great information.

Agree completely, it's a shame and could easily be fixed, but the powers that be don't seem to care enough to change things.
It can, it will and still does. Too many fake posters now.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1649
Points : 3647
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: No More BW!

Post by SD69 on 14/11/17, 04:35 pm

Crying or Very sad
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1365
Points : 3743
Join date : 2012-11-05
Location : On the SW side, in soccer purgatory.

Back to top Go down

Re: No More BW!

Post by 5050Ball on 14/11/17, 05:14 pm

Meds Man killed this board dead.
5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 220
Points : 1580
Join date : 2015-06-19

Back to top Go down

Re: No More BW!

Post by NoSpinZone on 14/11/17, 08:18 pm

5050Ball wrote:Meds Man killed this board dead.  

Yep... bigger idiot w more spare time than anyone on forum... impressively sad.

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 354
Points : 2277
Join date : 2013-12-27

Back to top Go down

Re: No More BW!

Post by FC1 on 15/11/17, 03:00 pm

Agree with all of the above. A few people have ruined this entire board. It's a shame too, as this was an invaluable source in helping navigate the soccer landscape. In reading some of the recent posts, it is truly embarrassing that it has come to this. Gone are the days of go99, BW, Zizou, etc.

The likes of med man, big and little ern or whatever have taken their toll on the rest. I agree that the problem could be fixed if there was an active moderator, but alas, I do not own the board, nor would I ever want to. Anyways, even though my DD is still active, it is time to move on beyond the immaturity that this board has succumbed to. It sucks though. RIP Txsoccer.net

FC1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 91
Points : 992
Join date : 2016-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: No More BW!

Post by SD69 on 15/11/17, 04:18 pm

Its too bad. I've met a lot of people at the side of the pitch because of this board. But as the girls get older, don't see them as much because of the number of leagues. Oh well...

Too bad about Gophers too, he was one of the posters that really helped me navigate the world of competitive soccer.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1365
Points : 3743
Join date : 2012-11-05
Location : On the SW side, in soccer purgatory.

Back to top Go down

Re: No More BW!

Post by Big Ern on 16/11/17, 09:01 am

FC1 wrote:Agree with all of the above. A few people have ruined this entire board. It's a shame too, as this was an invaluable source in helping navigate the soccer landscape. In reading some of the recent posts, it is truly embarrassing that it has come to this. Gone are the days of go99, BW, Zizou, etc.

The likes of med man, big and little ern or whatever have taken their toll on the rest. I agree that the problem could be fixed if there was an active moderator, but alas, I do not own the board, nor would I ever want to. Anyways, even though my DD is still active, it is time to move on beyond the immaturity that this board has succumbed to. It sucks though. RIP Txsoccer.net

scratch

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1011
Points : 2680
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: No More BW!

Post by Guest on 16/11/17, 09:50 am

Lmao...I know BigErn is like “wtf!?”

The board in my humbled opinion was dying slowly as the ‘04 girls got older. I can’t speak for ages below that or above that but I notice the trend of activity always dropped off a bit after 1st or 2nd year of select. And now with all the leagues and some players and parents moving on to other endeavors...there isnt as much rivalry talk and “top team” debates going on. If your daughter is ecnl or da at this point then you probably “think” you know all there is to know at this point so you’re really just dropping in out of habit and if you’re new to this then all the old heads probably don’t want to cover the info you seek because it’s “old news.”

Can’t consider BigE as a detriment to the the board...blame the trolls that activate his sarcastic and condescending delivery of his well articulated opinion and knowledge. Go99 knows what posts are worth his time. But since the board has been heavily saturated with those trolls that only post to stir the pot...I think you missed your ship...that ship left the dock after RASE fell from defacto #1.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: No More BW!

Post by soccer 2014 on 16/11/17, 02:19 pm

Thats what happens when the mods and amin let fat loosers on
when kids dont even play select soccer!!!!!!
Sad it was great when DD was 9-13!!!!!

Shut it down >>>Makes NT soccer look bad...

soccer 2014
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 40
Points : 1748
Join date : 2014-07-01

Back to top Go down

Re: No More BW!

Post by SocDad on 16/11/17, 03:08 pm

I would agree that the '04/'03 ran this board for the longest time.

"TOO MANY LEAGUES" is what killed the board.
We get our enjoyment from the Leagues being a "Play up or Play down" format (Rec to PPL...PPL to LH3...LH3 to LH2...LH2 to LH1...LH1 to ECNL).  The best teams always(for the most part) rose to the top and it was fun to watch which teams "rise and fall"

With TCL coming on (aka Money Grab), PrimeTime, NPL (the ugly, younger step sister to ECNL/DA that thinks because they travel they are revelant) and now DA (along with ECNL).....Nobody knows who is better, no team is ever a complete roster anymore to discuss "how" they won, not enough people watching those games or taking an active interest watching them.

People have given up any care they had on what they consider the best team/league.
SocDad
SocDad
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Posts : 321
Points : 2555
Join date : 2013-02-14
Location : In the Hamster wheel

Back to top Go down

Re: No More BW!

Post by RightWingDad on 16/11/17, 06:32 pm

SocDad wrote:no team is ever a complete roster anymore...

I don't know about "no team" but to your point we played a team last week where there are really only 12 kids on the roster, yet 18 or so on the bench. On game day they shuffle as needed from DA and ECNL. I really feel for that manager having such a variable pool of parents and players to communicate with and organize on game days and tournaments.
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 631
Points : 3141
Join date : 2012-06-15
Location : Dangerously close to the touch line

Back to top Go down

Re: No More BW!

Post by Cleansheets on 16/11/17, 06:47 pm

There used to be a day on this forum where you would get banned for the silliest remarks. Not anymore, the moderators and admin are indifferent now. Any knucklehead can get on here and create several aliases and bring things to a skreetching halt. Which is exactly what has happened. Wasn't all the leagues alone that killed this board, it was also the anonymity.

__________________________________________________
Life is like playing goalkeeper, blink and the most important thing is past you.
Cleansheets
Cleansheets
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 1119
Points : 3428
Join date : 2012-12-20
Location : ...is everything

Back to top Go down

Re: No More BW!

Post by KeeperCommander on 16/11/17, 06:48 pm

Too many leagues did not kill the forum. Too many forums killed the forum.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1649
Points : 3647
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: No More BW!

Post by SocDad on 16/11/17, 07:09 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:Too many leagues did not kill the forum. Too many forums killed the forum.

SocDad
SocDad
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Posts : 321
Points : 2555
Join date : 2013-02-14
Location : In the Hamster wheel

Back to top Go down

Re: No More BW!

Post by SocDad on 16/11/17, 07:22 pm

Cleansheets wrote:There used to be a day on this forum where you would get banned for the silliest remarks. Not anymore, the moderators and admin are indifferent now. Any knucklehead can get on here and create several aliases and bring things to a skreetching halt. Which is exactly what has happened. Wasn't all the leagues alone that killed this board, it was also the anonymity.

or it could have been all of these "CRAZY A$$" goal keeper parents Shocked
SocDad
SocDad
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Posts : 321
Points : 2555
Join date : 2013-02-14
Location : In the Hamster wheel

Back to top Go down

Re: No More BW!

Post by KeeperCommander on 16/11/17, 07:24 pm

Definitely some age groups fed this forum for years and kept it talking. Without a doubt. If someone could shut meth head up. Might have something again.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1649
Points : 3647
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: No More BW!

Post by soccerchicken on 16/11/17, 07:37 pm

Cleansheets wrote:There used to be a day on this forum where you would get banned for the silliest remarks. Not anymore, the moderators and admin are indifferent now. Any knucklehead can get on here and create several aliases and bring things to a skreetching halt. Which is exactly what has happened. Wasn't all the leagues alone that killed this board, it was also the anonymity.

bock bock
soccerchicken
soccerchicken
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 169
Points : 1864
Join date : 2014-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: No More BW!

Post by Big Ern on 16/11/17, 08:26 pm

RightWingDad wrote:
SocDad wrote:no team is ever a complete roster anymore...

I don't know about "no team" but to your point we played a team last week where there are really only 12 kids on the roster, yet 18 or so on the bench. On game day they shuffle as needed from DA and ECNL. I really feel for that manager having such a variable pool of parents and players to communicate with and organize on game days and tournaments.

I've mentioned this before, but just to clarify ...

A player rostered with any (non 'pilot') USSDA team is not able to participate in a match with an ECNL (or any other competitive) team.  I know some on here have said that they've heard of this or even seen it, but it simply isn't possible.  It can however go the other way if the non USSDA rostered player has been identified as a 'Developmental Player', but this is restricted to a 6 month window with restrictions on game appearances.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1011
Points : 2680
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: No More BW!

Post by Big Ern on 16/11/17, 08:37 pm

SocDad wrote:I would agree that the '04/'03 ran this board for the longest time.

"TOO MANY LEAGUES" is what killed the board.
We get our enjoyment from the Leagues being a "Play up or Play down" format (Rec to PPL...PPL to LH3...LH3 to LH2...LH2 to LH1...LH1 to ECNL).  The best teams always(for the most part) rose to the top and it was fun to watch which teams "rise and fall"

With TCL coming on (aka Money Grab), PrimeTime, NPL (the ugly, younger step sister to ECNL/DA that thinks because they travel they are revelant) and now DA (along with ECNL).....Nobody knows who is better, no team is ever a complete roster anymore to discuss "how" they won, not enough people watching those games or taking an active interest watching them.

People have given up any care they had on what they consider the best team/league.

I'll bet this forum will get back to old form next Spring around DIGC time ... ECNL vs DA --

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1011
Points : 2680
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum