North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
+27790324557 MEET A PROFESSIONA PSYCHIC, SPIRITUAL HEALER ON28/12/23, 07:07 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557STRONG LOVE SPELLS FOR RELATIONSHIPS AND LOVE WH28/12/23, 06:58 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557WE ARE THE ILLUMINATI, REGISTER AS A NEW MEMBER 28/12/23, 06:53 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557THIS IS THE ILLUMINATI JOINING POINT 28/12/23, 06:46 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557 THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US28/12/23, 06:37 amkawayidamirrows
THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US ONLINE IS+277928/12/23, 06:28 amkawayidamirrows
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

GIRLS DA and the HS CHOICE to Play Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Kewb11

Our users have posted a total of 205165 messages in 31955 subjects

GIRLS DA and the HS CHOICE to Play

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

GIRLS DA and the HS CHOICE to Play Empty GIRLS DA and the HS CHOICE to Play

Post by Multivitamin 13/12/17, 12:08 pm

I Would like to see how each GDA club is handling high school soccer choice to play.

1) Dynamo Dash is ok with HS soccer and made the point that each girl can play but Dash comes first for important practice and game decisions.

2) Lonestars has made it clear to all GDA players that they will not be guaranteed a return spot if they play HS soccer.

3) FCD?

4) Solar?

5) Texans?

This could be a good gauge on which area makes it farther as a whole/regionally this year and frankly every year going forward. Its an important year as far as watching high school soccer stats comparison to the years past. We could have historical teams who make it every year not make it.

Multivitamin
Multivitamin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

GIRLS DA and the HS CHOICE to Play Empty Re: GIRLS DA and the HS CHOICE to Play

Post by Zizou 13/12/17, 01:01 pm

Any GDA player can choose to opt out of DA to play high school soccer. No guarantees on your return. I don’t see how you can do both without conflict. I personally don’t see why you would do both. A lot of wear and tear on the body. Committed seniors would not lose much not playing DA in the spring and could choose to go out with their high school teams.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Multivitamin 13/12/17, 01:28 pm

Zizou wrote:Any GDA player can choose to opt out of DA to play high school soccer. No guarantees on your return. I don’t see how you can do both without conflict. I personally don’t see why you would do both. A lot of wear and tear on the body. Committed seniors would not lose much not playing DA in the spring and could choose to go out with their high school teams.

So is it safe to say - that Dynamo Dash is the only team in Texas conference swaying the high school soccer choice?
Multivitamin
Multivitamin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 13/12/17, 08:00 pm

Some would say the gamble is no different than the old Russian roulette where the chamber has one bullet and you spin it.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 13/12/17, 08:21 pm

Multivitamin wrote:
Zizou wrote:Any GDA player can choose to opt out of DA to play high school soccer. No guarantees on your return. I don’t see how you can do both without conflict. I personally don’t see why you would do both. A lot of wear and tear on the body. Committed seniors would not lose much not playing DA in the spring and could choose to go out with their high school teams.

So is it safe to say - that Dynamo Dash is the only team in Texas conference swaying the high school soccer choice?

I could be wrong but it sounds like you're contradicting yourself here ^ vitamin -- And no ... I'd say that this isn't accurate.

Zizou is spot on here, and I believe each of the GDA Central - Frontier Division, TX clubs are generally similar for the U15+ groups when it comes to their take on the subject.  Any player that chooses to forego DA training or matches to participate in HS training or matches can expect to see negative impact to their DA roster status ... if not replaced altogether.  While you may have heard from a Dash parent or from some blurb stating that their GDA participants are free to participate in HS soccer, it's a purty safe bet that those that do so are risking playing time, their roster spot, etc. (not to mention, unnecessary injury).

Probably best for those that choose to take the commitment they made to the GDA program + to their team lightly, to get a spot on an ECNL roster instead.  And I'm certainly no NTX HS Girl's soccer expert, but I'd bet that you'll see an increase in participation of ECNL players in the HS soccer ranks this year vs recent years past -- Which should translate to ... a lot of the same.

Wink

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 14/12/17, 06:08 am

Status comes with a price doesn't it BigE.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 14/12/17, 07:49 am

Everything comes with a price. Some just have to pay more.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 14/12/17, 07:57 am

Medicine Man wrote:Status comes with a price doesn't it BigE.

There are tones of a more material, underlying question here BigBoy.

But nevertheless -- If you're referring to "price" as $ then no ... I'd say this isn't accurate.  If you're referring to time and toil then yes ... While I don't completely agree with a tie to "status", it is largely necessary to play at the highest level.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 14/12/17, 08:29 am

BigE dreaming of a white Christmas Zizou.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 14/12/17, 08:38 am

BigErn wrote:
Multivitamin wrote:

I could be wrong but it sounds like you're contradicting yourself here ^ vitamin -- And no ... I'd say that this isn't accurate.

Zizou is spot on here, and I believe each of the GDA Central - Frontier Division, TX clubs are generally similar for the U15+ groups when it comes to their take on the subject.  Any player that chooses to forego DA training or matches to participate in HS training or matches can expect to see negative impact to their DA roster status ... if not replaced altogether.  While you may have heard from a Dash parent or from some blurb stating that their GDA participants are free to participate in HS soccer, it's a purty safe bet that those that do so are risking playing time, their roster spot, etc. (not to mention, unnecessary injury).

Probably best for those that choose to take the commitment they made to the GDA program + to their team lightly, to get a spot on an ECNL roster instead.  And I'm certainly no NTX HS Girl's soccer expert, but I'd bet that you'll see an increase in participation of ECNL players in the HS soccer ranks this year vs recent years past -- Which should translate to ... a lot of the same.

Wink
Heard from a coach not long ago. They are from a DA club in TX. First most of the coaches do not agree with the HS rule but that is irrelevant. What they told me was simple and sort of goes with what Big E has stated before. 1. Rules are rules and the Fed want everyone to follow the rules in place. Even with that some are not or will not. Punishment for that? Maybe.
2. The bigger picture shows that the club(s) are willing to allow some players to play HS because it will give them an out on them. Either they should not have been there in the first place or just didn’t progress the way they thought. Great way to cull the herd. Actually genius if you ask me. Others simply believe it is ok for some players or age groups. I have no opinion. YET!
Disclaimer: These are not my rules, thoughts, wishes, ideas or rhetoric. They are from another coach. If anyone would like to challenge them, they are welcome. However the person responsible for making sure I don’t say smartass hurtful crap is on vacation. Merry Christmas

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 14/12/17, 08:50 am

It all works out through the wash KC. Most kids at the highest status quo won't be playing HS ball not worth the time.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 16/12/17, 10:21 am

I think medicine man is a fan of Elvis.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 17/12/17, 09:06 am

In a few years when your girls are done playing you will undoubtedly look back with regret that they were forced to forgo their ability to play HS for this DA nonesense.

Mark my words.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 17/12/17, 09:31 am

Ummmm, No getting home at 10:00 - 11:00 at night during the season with 3-4 hours of homework. Running from high school practice to make a club practice on non game nights. Playing in the freezing cold weather most nights, and having to play upper 50 games in a season. Having your club coach bitch and complain and even punishing you for choosing high school conflicts over club. Won’t miss it at all!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 18/12/17, 12:10 pm

Gunners wrote:In a few years when your girls are done playing you will undoubtedly look back with regret that they were forced to forgo their ability to play HS for this DA nonesense.

Mark my words.

Indeed!  I think "nonesense" most aptly outlines this ^ statement.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 18/12/17, 01:58 pm

It's going to be a blue blue Christmas Zizou.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 18/12/17, 02:13 pm

Gunners wrote:In a few years when your girls are done playing you will undoubtedly look back with regret that they were forced to forgo their ability to play HS for this DA nonesense.

Mark my words.

Not sure I would call it nonsense, but generally would say you are right on target unless:
. she intends to pursue soccer as her career
. has to have soccer scholarship $ to attend college

In any case it should probably be her decision with your perspective and counsel.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 18/12/17, 02:30 pm

Zizou wrote:Ummmm, No getting home at 10:00 - 11:00 at night during the season with 3-4 hours of homework. Running from high school practice to make a club practice on non game nights. Playing in the freezing cold weather most nights, and having to play upper 50 games in a season. Having your club coach bitch and complain and even punishing you for choosing high school conflicts over club. Won’t miss it at all!

Funny, all ours thought that the things you pointed out were a small price to pay or in some cases what actually made HS soccer fun and memorable.

They talk and laugh with their HS friends about the challenges and the foolishness of some of the supposed 'adults' involved.  

Things like the time club coach told them they would not start if they missed practice for HS game.  6 of them got together and agreed to skip practice and played HS.  The following game he was nervous that the other team would score, the whole 5 minutes he held them out.  The one who thought it was funniest was the one who said 'What does he care if I come or not, he never plays me'.  

Like the time he had to ask one of them for jumper cables and a jump for his car after he had just made them run in practice for being late because of HS game.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by HomeStretch 18/12/17, 03:30 pm

They're kids. They're going to make life long memories in high school no matter their choice of extracurricular activities.
It's too easy to take our own kids' experiences and project generalizations onto others. My kid and several friends initially saw DA as a lifeline helping them get
out of HS without feeling like they were letting anyone down. I can't say they represent all, or even most, other kids in similar positions. They may even change their mind make a different choice next year - a choice they've earned to make for themselves.

Regardless, the injury/overuse issue seems real to me. I reffed a high school girls game a few years back...prominent school...9 kids come out for the national anthem with the huge ACL braces. 9 kids from one team.

Not saying DA players don't tear ACLs, but I know a damn near epidemic was happening for club players who also played high school (turf).

For 99% of players, HS is the end of the road for competitive soccer. Not much reason for them to be doing a DA (or ECNL or any other massively expensive national travel league IMO).

For the players with another (potentially) 4 long years of wear and tear coming on their bodies, some org other than local clubs having oversight over their long term health makes a lot of sense to me.

HomeStretch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Spolar 18/12/17, 09:24 pm

Zizou wrote:Ummmm, No getting home at 10:00 - 11:00 at night during the season with 3-4 hours of homework. Running from high school practice to make a club practice on non game nights. Playing in the freezing cold weather most nights, and having to play upper 50 games in a season. Having your club coach bitch and complain and even punishing you for choosing high school conflicts over club. Won’t miss it at all!

Ummmm, No getting home at 10:00 - 11:00 at night during the season with 3-4 hours of homework.
***Response: HS games are Tues & Fri. Maybe, 1 late night vs. 4 nights of DA practice.

Running from high school practice to make a club practice on non game nights.
***Response: Good club coaches tend to shut it down for a few months for HS soccer. This is/was the case for my 2 DDs.

Playing in the freezing cold weather most nights,
***Response: Yes, it is cold, no doubt. Kids are resilient so this impacts parents mostly who have heaters in the their cold seats

and having to play upper 50 games in a season.
***Response: 50 games or 4 practices x 52 weeks = 108 DA practices. What would players rather play games or practices. Some are already moving back to ECNL and HS soccer.

Having your club coach bitch and complain and even punishing you for choosing high school conflicts over club.
***Response: See earlier message - right coach, right team. Players/parents are in more control of this situation than they even realize

Won’t miss it at all!
***Response: A typical parent's response above. What about an authentic player's response? Most, not all players, will miss HS soccer. Completely agree with Gunners!
Spolar
Spolar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 18/12/17, 09:52 pm

Spolar wrote:

Ummmm, No getting home at 10:00 - 11:00 at night during the season with 3-4 hours of homework.
***Response: HS games are Tues & Fri. Maybe, 1 late night vs. 4 nights of DA practice.

**Private school games are Monday’s, Thursday

Running from high school practice to make a club practice on non game nights.
***Response: Good club coaches tend to shut it down for a few months for HS soccer. This is/was the case for my 2 DDs.

** maybe your LH club coach shut down but with a showcase in December and in February you trained.

Playing in the freezing cold weather most nights,
***Response: Yes, it is cold, no doubt. Kids are resilient so this impacts parents mostly who have heaters in the their cold seats

** I believe all are cold.

and having to play upper 50 games in a season.
***Response: 50 games or 4 practices x 52 weeks = 108 DA practices. What would players rather play games or practices. Some are already moving back to ECNL and HS soccer.

**Bull Shit- as stated above injuries and fatigue not a good recipe.

Having your club coach bitch and complain and even punishing you for choosing high school conflicts over club.
***Response: See earlier message - right coach, right team. Players/parents are in more control of this situation than they even realize

** I laugh at this one to think that parents have any control of these top coaches

Won’t miss it at all!
***Response: A typical parent's response above. What about an authentic player's response? Most, not all players, will miss HS soccer. Completely agree with Gunners!

** players have already spoken by not returning to the high school game.

Last edited by Zizou on 18/12/17, 09:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 18/12/17, 09:56 pm

I get its polar high school is for your family. Enjoy! We gave it two seasons and are leaving as others we know and will not be returning.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spolar 18/12/17, 10:45 pm

It is a difference of perspective. Our high school soccer team and district is very competitive. We’ve been lucky with our ECNL coaches and D1 college coaches who support high school soccer. I’m a huge fan of ECNL over the years. We and many others opted for ECNL over DA. But, we’re in our final year so it may mean different things for younger players seeking exposure to colleges.
Spolar
Spolar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 19/12/17, 09:40 am

My kid's HS teams were terrible.  4A vs 3A for the oldest, so we rarely won.  Next kid actually played vs similar sized schools and had success but it was brutally hard to watch as only one other kid on the team played organized soccer.  Neither kid would have would have missed the opportunity to play HS for anything.

I never enjoyed HS games. They always seemed like a burden and terrible soccer. This is my first year in seven years without a kid playing HS soccer.  Needless to say, I should have enjoyed them more when I had the opportunity.

To each their own, I guess....

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 19/12/17, 11:17 am

Two years in high school soccer was not bad. DD liked her coach and players but was pulled and pushed from both sides the entire time which made it unpleasant at times. Neither were rude just seemed she was always in the middle of something decision wise.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next