North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Well done Admin!  DA vs ECNL on the horizon? - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

Well done Admin! DA vs ECNL on the horizon?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Well done Admin!  DA vs ECNL on the horizon? - Page 3 Empty Re: Well done Admin! DA vs ECNL on the horizon?

Post by AtThePitch 21/01/18, 08:09 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:Seems to me that no one is correctly explaining the DA policy towards HS play.

As I understand it, the DA rule is that you can not SIMULTANEOUSLY participate in DA and HS.  So in order to play HS, you have to take a leave of absence from DA, meaning you can not attend DA practices, or play in DA matches while you are participating in HS season.

Furthermore, the decision is up to each individual club as to whether they will allow or guarantee that any player taking a leave of absence can return to DA after HS season is completed.  

I would imagine that any club that allows it's DA players to take leave of absences, and then can not field a team, or a competitive team, for DA matches played during HS season, would not be looked upon in a good light by USSF, possibly risking their DA status. I would imagine that would serve as a bit of a deterrent to clubs from granting LOA's carte blanche, as well as providing guarantees for return to DA to players that do take LOA's.  

It would also appear from Zizou's last post that any player caught trying to play HS on the sly will be dealt with rather harshly.

With that said, I would bet that clubs can work around this to a degree by using their "Pilot" or "DA2" teams from the off-year age groups.  For example, if the club has a U16/U17 DA team that is mostly made up of '01 birth years, and a U16 "Pilot" team that is made up mostly of '02 birth years (see Solar and FCD), the club could backfill U16/U17 DA slots vacated by '01's taking LOA's, with some hungry '02's from the U16 Pilot team that have decided that a shot at playing DA is worth not playing HS.

Since the U16 teams are not officially DA, they are not at the mercy of the DA scheduling, and the clubs could probably work the scheduling of those teams around HS season, much like ECNL Texas Conference does today.

I am someone that works with multiple DA clubs around the state, and the Pilot teams are not free to schedule matches whenever they want or to work around things. U13 or U16 Pilot... the only thing that keeps a pilot team from playing when the rest of the clubs age groups are playing is if their opponent does not field a pilot team in that age group.

Just stating facts.

AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Well done Admin!  DA vs ECNL on the horizon? - Page 3 Empty Re: Well done Admin! DA vs ECNL on the horizon?

Post by Big Ern 21/01/18, 09:32 pm

AtThePitch wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:Seems to me that no one is correctly explaining the DA policy towards HS play.

As I understand it, the DA rule is that you can not SIMULTANEOUSLY participate in DA and HS.  So in order to play HS, you have to take a leave of absence from DA, meaning you can not attend DA practices, or play in DA matches while you are participating in HS season.

Furthermore, the decision is up to each individual club as to whether they will allow or guarantee that any player taking a leave of absence can return to DA after HS season is completed.  

I would imagine that any club that allows it's DA players to take leave of absences, and then can not field a team, or a competitive team, for DA matches played during HS season, would not be looked upon in a good light by USSF, possibly risking their DA status. I would imagine that would serve as a bit of a deterrent to clubs from granting LOA's carte blanche, as well as providing guarantees for return to DA to players that do take LOA's.  

It would also appear from Zizou's last post that any player caught trying to play HS on the sly will be dealt with rather harshly.

With that said, I would bet that clubs can work around this to a degree by using their "Pilot" or "DA2" teams from the off-year age groups.  For example, if the club has a U16/U17 DA team that is mostly made up of '01 birth years, and a U16 "Pilot" team that is made up mostly of '02 birth years (see Solar and FCD), the club could backfill U16/U17 DA slots vacated by '01's taking LOA's, with some hungry '02's from the U16 Pilot team that have decided that a shot at playing DA is worth not playing HS.

Since the U16 teams are not officially DA, they are not at the mercy of the DA scheduling, and the clubs could probably work the scheduling of those teams around HS season, much like ECNL Texas Conference does today.

I am someone that works with multiple DA clubs around the state, and the Pilot teams are not free to schedule matches whenever they want or to work around things.  U13 or U16 Pilot... the only thing that keeps a pilot team from playing when the rest of the clubs age groups are playing is if their opponent does not field a pilot team in that age group.

Just stating facts.

Thanks for the honesty ATP -- Always thought of you as a smart cat ...

And I gotta say ... Deadpool has to be amongst the top ten movies of the past decade -- fantastic choice!

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 21/01/18, 09:40 pm

Foxysoccermom wrote:

Is that you Bige?  Foxy likes your new look.

Well ...... hey there Foxydad --

DTX is a BAD MAN, isn't he?  

Unfortunately at this point I can't come up with a rationale to create a second account.  Perhaps you can shed some light ... ya know ... provide some advice as to why I would need one/how it would better serve me.  

Please and thank you Very Happy

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 21/01/18, 10:19 pm

SickofStupidity wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:In the same paragraph it also states:

The players in the Girls' Development Academy clubs will play exclusively within the Academy program and will not play in any outside competition, such as ODP or high school.

appears they have abandoned that as well

baseless - without foundation in fact

criticism - the expression of disapproval of someone or something based on perceived faults or mistakes

Hey 'lil buddy, I understand your feelings might be hurt, but even you pardner are smart enough to wrap your little noggin around the FACT that while the above statement is posted on the GDA site, it isn't being enforced.

Nothing more, nothing less.

So dry those crocodile tears and don't be so overly sensitive to think that every statement of fact about GDA is a criticism.

K?

And now for this ^ gem --

Once again ... adorable sunshine here SoSy.  You may not know this but I love you and your little lady ... Been watching you guys for years and am pullin' for ya!

But I/we are waiting with such anticipation for you (and those of you that find it unthinkable that we are supporting our children in their decision to participate in GDA) to educate all of us as to why we have made the wrong choice.  That your team/coach/club is better.  That you all are in a more favorable place than we are.  That you are smarter and have made the right choice as a family.  And all of this not because your kid couldn't make a GDA team, but because it was the best decision for your kid.  Please ... Enlighten us.

Stating "facts" like these regarding what the USSDA said almost a year ago about a program that did not yet exist vs what is occurring today after a few months of existence doesn't make it a poor choice, failure, etc.  Having no bearing to back your misled (and obviously jealous) contentions just makes you look like an arse ... It's as if you're literally Billy Madison, in the movie Billy Madison at the third grade spelling bee ... You know the scene --

But as I mentioned, I still love ya  Very Happy

*** Queue the emotionally charged response in rebuttal of the "jealous" claim ...

Last edited by Big Ern on 22/01/18, 09:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 21/01/18, 10:34 pm

Big Ern wrote:
Ohhh ... gotcha.  My answer is I don't have the first damn clue.  Maybe he was an early riser and liked to pack in the morning.  And maybe he didn't have any friends.  I'm an educated man but I'm afraid I can't speak intelligently about the travel habits of the USSDA brass.

It seems you do believe that the aim of the USSDA is to destroy the ECNL ... wouldn't that be the very definition of a conspiracy?  

And yes ... very few '06s will be rostered on the U13/14 sides nationally.  Which would be a good thing based on your previously stated contention wouldn't it?

USSF ordered a Code Red (one of my all-time favorites, by the way). Was the sole purpose to destroy ECNL?  No. But it was a convenient side effect. And, I agree, if they aren’t pursuing U13s, then that certainly suggests attacking ECNL isn’t the main goal. But this explains the power of NTX. The new Big 3 are that because of GDA. If they were like the rest of the country, they’d be fighting much harder to recruit U13s. But they don’t have to because of the “pilot” program in the Frontier division. And, even worse, this year, incoming U13s will be playing 11v11 for the first time. Hardly seem ready for national attention. Yet, DDs will go to those clubs at U13 only because of the “pilot” program that USSF has decided is unworthy of a national scale.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Multivitamin 22/01/18, 09:30 am

Have you guys seen the curriculum for U13 mandated by USSF? Now this is the golden rule book of what all ages all soccer should be teaching at age U13. I dont see how they will follow educational and competitive at this nature. Smells of money grab all over it and also still trying to ruin other clubs at the same time.
Multivitamin
Multivitamin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 22/01/18, 10:15 am

Multivitamin wrote:
Have you guys seen the curriculum for U13 mandated by USSF? Now this is the golden rule book of what all ages all soccer should be teaching at age U13. I dont see how they will follow educational and competitive at this nature. Smells of money grab all over it and also still trying to ruin other clubs at the same time.

Both DA and ECNL came on the scene with an agenda that benefited specific clubs increasing the flow of players and money. One is no different than the other.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 22/01/18, 10:17 am

Grabbing the wheel and pulling this out of the weeds

OP was referring to Dallas International Girls Cup

http://dallascup.demosphere.com/teams/2018/accepted88058564.html

Girls 2004 (Born after 1/1/04)
AHFC 04 Elite (TX)
Albion Hurricanes 04G ECNL (TX)
Blackburn Rovers Ladies 04 (England)
D'Feeters 04 ECNL (TX)
Dallas Texans ECNL U14 (TX)
Dallas Texans U14 DA (TX)
FC Dallas 04g ECNL (TX)
FC Dallas U14 Girls DA (TX)
Glen Shields FC (Canada)
Instituto Britanico 04 (Mexico)
Nacka FC (Sweden)
Oshawa Kicks Synergy (Canada)
Ottawa South United 04G Dribble Black (Canada)
Solar 04G Rodriguez TCL (TX)
Solar SC ECNL U14 (TX)
SOLAR USSDA U14G (TX)
Sting Dallas 04 ECNL (TX)
Sting TCL Composite 04
Venom 04 (CA)
YESUNG-U14 (Korea Republic)
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 22/01/18, 10:57 am

Big Ern wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:In the same paragraph it also states:

The players in the Girls' Development Academy clubs will play exclusively within the Academy program and will not play in any outside competition, such as ODP or high school.

appears they have abandoned that as well

baseless - without foundation in fact

criticism - the expression of disapproval of someone or something based on perceived faults or mistakes

Hey 'lil buddy, I understand your feelings might be hurt, but even you pardner are smart enough to wrap your little noggin around the FACT that while the above statement is posted on the GDA site, it isn't being enforced.

Nothing more, nothing less.

So dry those crocodile tears and don't be so overly sensitive to think that every statement of fact about GDA is a criticism.

K?

And now for this ^ gem --

Once again ... adorable sunshine here SoSy.  You may not know this but I love you and your little lady ... Been watching you guys for years and am pullin' for ya!

But I/we are waiting with such anticipation for you (and those of you that find it unthinkable that we are supporting our children in their decision to participate in GDA) to educate all of us as to why we have made the wrong choice.  That your team/coach/club is better.  That you all are in a more favorable place than we are.  That you are smarter and have made the right choice as a family.  And all of this not because your kid couldn't make a GDA team, but because it was the best decision for your kid.  Please ... Enlighten us.

Stating "facts" like these regarding what the USSDA said almost a year ago about a program that did not yet exist vs what is occurring today after a few months of existence doesn't make it a poor choice, failure, etc.  Having no bearing to back your misled (and obviously jealous) contentions just makes you look like an arse ... It's as if you're literally Billy Madison, in the movie Billy Madison at the third grade spelling bee ... You know the scene --

But as I mentioned, I still love ya  Very Happy

*** Queue the emotionally charged response in rebuttal of the "jealous" claim ...

Can't you boys get along? It's just expensive little girl soccer. I think we're gonna have to go get some cocktails at the fuzzy pear again. I thought you all bonded last time. You dressed just alike with your branded club shirts, tight shorts and calf high white socks. I would invite ziz and meth man, but I think big e is also ziz and sos is running the meth man handle. If we go early enough, we can probably catch a few coaches, belting down a few before practice.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 22/01/18, 12:31 pm

Couldn't be any more true foxy (except for the thing about dual handles) --

I wish we could ... wish we all could.  I was stood up last time but am willing to give it another shot!

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 22/01/18, 01:12 pm

Addison has some good meeting spots

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 22/01/18, 01:46 pm

Zizou wrote:Addison has some good meeting spots

That you Bige?
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 22/01/18, 02:44 pm

Does Ziz and Big E look this good?

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ProDallas 22/01/18, 02:54 pm

TxFutbal wrote:

BREAK DOWN! BREAK DOWN! My grandma can break down faster than that, of course she's 6' 3", 250!
ProDallas
ProDallas
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 22/01/18, 03:27 pm

that sounds like a typical day on the pitch with Cat Webb and her White Walkers

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel Foley 22/01/18, 04:13 pm

TxFutbal wrote:that sounds like a typical day on the pitch with Cat Webb and her White Walkers

Several WWs have left her is the rumor.
Axel Foley
Axel Foley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/01/18, 04:17 pm

I hate rumors...3rd hand info sucks

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 22/01/18, 07:53 pm

TxFutbal wrote:

It's like you were there...and you saw what they did...you saw it with your own two eyes..
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 22/01/18, 08:49 pm

BigE Ziz Where's KC SOS could be the snake in the forbidden tree. There's seems to be a pattern Foxy. I knew Ziz had a feminine side just haven't seen the signs. I have a sweet tooth for those Cali brownies.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 23/01/18, 01:59 pm

When you see Foxy and Medicine on the thread...too often...that particular thread is headed to $%&@!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 23/01/18, 08:04 pm

JonSneauxTargaryen wrote:When you see Foxy and Medicine on the thread...too often...that particular thread is headed to $%&@!!

Lighten up Thor. That you tube vid is classic, unless of course you wore that same outfit this week.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 24/01/18, 08:05 am

Where's KC and the sunshine band? His character is MIA. He's due for his hits.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 24/01/18, 12:23 pm

Medicine Man wrote:Where's KC and the sunshine band? His character is MIA. He's due for his hits.

I actually agree with Thor.  You are an idiot, posting this stupidity. At least make a joke or say something useful or sarcastic or crappy.  Maybe bring back Sho nuff and say something about your DTS hate, make fun of Bige's DA love, something anything.  This is just silly though.

Regards

Foxy
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 30/04/18, 08:32 pm

Now we know a little more foxy lady.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmic Niner 30/04/18, 09:06 pm

.eep nwo reh sknird yxoF

Last edited by naM enicideM on 01/05/18, 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total

Cosmic Niner
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 30/04/18, 09:30 pm

Dem nam syap yxof ot eep no mih!
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3