Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Log in

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 12336 registered users
The newest registered user is Luis Zavala

Our users have posted a total of 177124 messages in 23130 subjects

Michael Brown highlights

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Foxysoccermom on 30/01/18, 01:58 pm

Big Ern wrote:
Foxysoccermom wrote:Too bad the DA teams were afraid to show up.  Probably would have been a tough run for them to compete in gold.  Another interesting post in the younger age groups was putting most DA teams in Tier two for that group.  DA is now the law of the land because they said it was,  but just like ECNL it's hasn't set itself apart with no questions asked, fire the staff psychologist.

Regards

Foxy

Mornin' Foxy --

I know this was sarcasm ... But if you'd ever like to have a serious discussion (in another thread) about the strength (or lack thereof) of the GDA teams versus any others in NTX you believe may be stronger just for grins, that'd be tons o' fun.


MMMmmm yea, talk DA to me Bige. It makes my loins ache when you go there. PM sent, I always thought you batted the other way or I'd have hooked up a long time ago.

Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 519
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Foxysoccermom on 30/01/18, 02:06 pm

Blob wrote:Gosh. I think the whole forum should shut down. There. Should be a GDA forum only.  I mean, if it didn't happen there then essentially it didn't happen. I feel sorry for all these young ladies and their myopic parents that think little Susie is playing a quality brand of footie.

I like to look on here every day and note how EVERY post about something other than GDA gets reminded that there are only X many girls with any soccer acumen.  

Gawd there are some amazingly pompous asses on here.  In a few weeks maybe some of you should button your traps, open your eyes, and go spend a day at UTD and just observe. I GUARANTEE you will see so many wonderful young ladies with every bit of heart and upside as their alleged superiors. Sadly, their circumstances might not permit these ladies the opportunity to be on only these teams that matter (geography, home life, other non-sport skill sets, other sport skill sets, etc.)

Enjoy blowing smoke about "my kid, my coach, my level, my team, my my my...".  (Blowing something anyway lol). How about realizing that there's a wealth of talent out there and just congratulate or recognize that growth is occurring elsewhere.

(FYI - mine did not play in Michael Brown...I just got tired of reading the same tired *BAD WORD - EVEN THOUGH YOU CHANGED THE SPELLING* from the same tired egos on every effing non-DA thread. I'm pretty sure these opinions wouldn't be so fervently shared if in a group setting)


That's what I was afraid of, Bige blowing something.  I knew it.
avatar
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 519
Points : 1050
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Defender_Dad on 30/01/18, 02:21 pm

Big Ern wrote:
Defender_Dad wrote:
Big Ern wrote:Thanks Blob ... Great points and as always, very insightful.

However, once again, criticism coming from the inexperienced (with GDA, not with youth soccer in NTX ... I'm sure your an older gentlemen that has had kids go through the old gamut).  Next time you run across one of those woeful ladies that sought out and was fortunate enough to have been selected to a GDA roster here in NTX, ask her about her experience thus far ... You might not feel as sorry for them as you think.

Completely agreed that there are only so many kids out there with elite soccer acumen.  As has been mentioned many times here, I agree with those that say that ~75% of the kids paying for Select soccer, shouldn't ... That's on the parents.

Sincere question here ... How will 'buttoning our traps' and spending a day at UTD (watching their Women's Soccer team I'm guessing), help us open our eyes?  And to what exactly? ... That they are playing at UTD instead of UT because they were hamstrung by Circumstance A or Circumstance B?  Surely you aren't assuming that any of the kids participating in GDA don't have logistical issues, problems with home life, or are skilled in other sports ... Do ya Sir?

And apologies for the confusion, but not blowing smoke (or anything else) here.  As was mentioned earlier in this thread, some think that this forum is dead.  Just trying to scratch the surface of another little conversation in an area that has yet to be touched -- ya know ... Liven things up a bit.

(FYI -- My kid didn't not play in Michael Brown either ... I just got tired of reading the same tired SHYTE from the same tired folks that mindlessly attempt to feed the common misconception about a program in which they have zero experience with and no nothing about ... that's all Blob.  And quite contrarily, I would love to discuss truths and opinions regarding anything that has to do with youth soccer in a group setting.  Please PM me if you'd ever like to meet up to talk soccer!

Wink


Your head is so far up the "Proverbial" GDA arse, that you just completely missed the whole point of Blob was trying yo get at.

Oh ... really?  S%#t ... Well isn't that embarrassing.  

Could ya fill me in then on the whole point that I missed?  And while you're at it, have another look at this ^ post (you'll have to read past the first line of the second paragraph though) ... You know -- just in case you "completely missed the whole point".  When you're done there, please let me know how my post didn't address ole Blob's "point".

Awesome.

Yeah it's embarrassing. A grown man getting his panties in a bunch over 13yr old girls soccer. Before you have a coronary tell me something. Have you gotten that "Oh-So-Coveted", personal call from Jill Ellis inviting your DD to the next USWNT camp? How was It? Was she nice?

Defender_Dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 26
Points : 219
Join date : 2017-12-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Big Ern on 30/01/18, 02:48 pm

Defender_Dad wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
Defender_Dad wrote:
Big Ern wrote:Thanks Blob ... Great points and as always, very insightful.

However, once again, criticism coming from the inexperienced (with GDA, not with youth soccer in NTX ... I'm sure your an older gentlemen that has had kids go through the old gamut).  Next time you run across one of those woeful ladies that sought out and was fortunate enough to have been selected to a GDA roster here in NTX, ask her about her experience thus far ... You might not feel as sorry for them as you think.

Completely agreed that there are only so many kids out there with elite soccer acumen.  As has been mentioned many times here, I agree with those that say that ~75% of the kids paying for Select soccer, shouldn't ... That's on the parents.

Sincere question here ... How will 'buttoning our traps' and spending a day at UTD (watching their Women's Soccer team I'm guessing), help us open our eyes?  And to what exactly? ... That they are playing at UTD instead of UT because they were hamstrung by Circumstance A or Circumstance B?  Surely you aren't assuming that any of the kids participating in GDA don't have logistical issues, problems with home life, or are skilled in other sports ... Do ya Sir?

And apologies for the confusion, but not blowing smoke (or anything else) here.  As was mentioned earlier in this thread, some think that this forum is dead.  Just trying to scratch the surface of another little conversation in an area that has yet to be touched -- ya know ... Liven things up a bit.

(FYI -- My kid didn't not play in Michael Brown either ... I just got tired of reading the same tired *BAD WORD - EVEN THOUGH YOU CHANGED THE SPELLING* from the same tired folks that mindlessly attempt to feed the common misconception about a program in which they have zero experience with and no nothing about ... that's all Blob.  And quite contrarily, I would love to discuss truths and opinions regarding anything that has to do with youth soccer in a group setting.  Please PM me if you'd ever like to meet up to talk soccer!

Wink


Your head is so far up the "Proverbial" GDA arse, that you just completely missed the whole point of Blob was trying yo get at.

Oh ... really?  S%#t ... Well isn't that embarrassing.  

Could ya fill me in then on the whole point that I missed?  And while you're at it, have another look at this ^ post (you'll have to read past the first line of the second paragraph though) ... You know -- just in case you "completely missed the whole point".  When you're done there, please let me know how my post didn't address ole Blob's "point".

Awesome.

Yeah it's embarrassing. A grown man getting his panties in a bunch over 13yr old girls soccer. Before you have a coronary tell me something. Have you gotten that "Oh-So-Coveted", personal call from Jill Ellis inviting your DD to the next USWNT camp? How was It? Was she nice?

Calm as a Hindu Cow, Defender.

And as as matter of fact, I ..... Very Happy

Maybe you didn't read the post you're replying to Sir?  Ya know ... The one where I kindly asked you to clarify which point I had missed.  Please and thank you --

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 872
Points : 2296
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Defender_Dad on 30/01/18, 03:01 pm

Big Ern wrote:
Defender_Dad wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
Defender_Dad wrote:
Big Ern wrote:Thanks Blob ... Great points and as always, very insightful.

However, once again, criticism coming from the inexperienced (with GDA, not with youth soccer in NTX ... I'm sure your an older gentlemen that has had kids go through the old gamut).  Next time you run across one of those woeful ladies that sought out and was fortunate enough to have been selected to a GDA roster here in NTX, ask her about her experience thus far ... You might not feel as sorry for them as you think.

Completely agreed that there are only so many kids out there with elite soccer acumen.  As has been mentioned many times here, I agree with those that say that ~75% of the kids paying for Select soccer, shouldn't ... That's on the parents.

Sincere question here ... How will 'buttoning our traps' and spending a day at UTD (watching their Women's Soccer team I'm guessing), help us open our eyes?  And to what exactly? ... That they are playing at UTD instead of UT because they were hamstrung by Circumstance A or Circumstance B?  Surely you aren't assuming that any of the kids participating in GDA don't have logistical issues, problems with home life, or are skilled in other sports ... Do ya Sir?

And apologies for the confusion, but not blowing smoke (or anything else) here.  As was mentioned earlier in this thread, some think that this forum is dead.  Just trying to scratch the surface of another little conversation in an area that has yet to be touched -- ya know ... Liven things up a bit.

(FYI -- My kid didn't not play in Michael Brown either ... I just got tired of reading the same tired *BAD WORD - EVEN THOUGH YOU CHANGED THE SPELLING* from the same tired folks that mindlessly attempt to feed the common misconception about a program in which they have zero experience with and no nothing about ... that's all Blob.  And quite contrarily, I would love to discuss truths and opinions regarding anything that has to do with youth soccer in a group setting.  Please PM me if you'd ever like to meet up to talk soccer!

Wink


Your head is so far up the "Proverbial" GDA arse, that you just completely missed the whole point of Blob was trying yo get at.

Oh ... really?  S%#t ... Well isn't that embarrassing.  

Could ya fill me in then on the whole point that I missed?  And while you're at it, have another look at this ^ post (you'll have to read past the first line of the second paragraph though) ... You know -- just in case you "completely missed the whole point".  When you're done there, please let me know how my post didn't address ole Blob's "point".

Awesome.

Yeah it's embarrassing. A grown man getting his panties in a bunch over 13yr old girls soccer. Before you have a coronary tell me something. Have you gotten that "Oh-So-Coveted", personal call from Jill Ellis inviting your DD to the next USWNT camp? How was It? Was she nice?

Calm as a Hindu Cow, Defender.

And as as matter of fact, I ..... Very Happy

Maybe you didn't read the post you're replying to Sir?  Ya know ... The one where I kindly asked you to clarify which point I had missed.  Please and thank you --

Oh no, I read it. Didn't see a need to read it a second time. I just find you to be a big ARSE-HAT that gets all worked up when somebody doesnt agree with your decree that the GDA is the end all, be all. And before you crap you pants, yes you say this every time you post. May not be the exact words but despite the fact that you think the rest of us aren't as bright as you, we can read between the lines.

Defender_Dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 26
Points : 219
Join date : 2017-12-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Big Ern on 30/01/18, 04:07 pm

Defender_Dad wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
Defender_Dad wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
Defender_Dad wrote:
Big Ern wrote:Thanks Blob ... Great points and as always, very insightful.

However, once again, criticism coming from the inexperienced (with GDA, not with youth soccer in NTX ... I'm sure your an older gentlemen that has had kids go through the old gamut).  Next time you run across one of those woeful ladies that sought out and was fortunate enough to have been selected to a GDA roster here in NTX, ask her about her experience thus far ... You might not feel as sorry for them as you think.

Completely agreed that there are only so many kids out there with elite soccer acumen.  As has been mentioned many times here, I agree with those that say that ~75% of the kids paying for Select soccer, shouldn't ... That's on the parents.

Sincere question here ... How will 'buttoning our traps' and spending a day at UTD (watching their Women's Soccer team I'm guessing), help us open our eyes?  And to what exactly? ... That they are playing at UTD instead of UT because they were hamstrung by Circumstance A or Circumstance B?  Surely you aren't assuming that any of the kids participating in GDA don't have logistical issues, problems with home life, or are skilled in other sports ... Do ya Sir?

And apologies for the confusion, but not blowing smoke (or anything else) here.  As was mentioned earlier in this thread, some think that this forum is dead.  Just trying to scratch the surface of another little conversation in an area that has yet to be touched -- ya know ... Liven things up a bit.

(FYI -- My kid didn't not play in Michael Brown either ... I just got tired of reading the same tired *BAD WORD - EVEN THOUGH YOU CHANGED THE SPELLING* from the same tired folks that mindlessly attempt to feed the common misconception about a program in which they have zero experience with and no nothing about ... that's all Blob.  And quite contrarily, I would love to discuss truths and opinions regarding anything that has to do with youth soccer in a group setting.  Please PM me if you'd ever like to meet up to talk soccer!

Wink


Your head is so far up the "Proverbial" GDA arse, that you just completely missed the whole point of Blob was trying yo get at.

Oh ... really?  S%#t ... Well isn't that embarrassing.  

Could ya fill me in then on the whole point that I missed?  And while you're at it, have another look at this ^ post (you'll have to read past the first line of the second paragraph though) ... You know -- just in case you "completely missed the whole point".  When you're done there, please let me know how my post didn't address ole Blob's "point".

Awesome.

Yeah it's embarrassing. A grown man getting his panties in a bunch over 13yr old girls soccer. Before you have a coronary tell me something. Have you gotten that "Oh-So-Coveted", personal call from Jill Ellis inviting your DD to the next USWNT camp? How was It? Was she nice?

Calm as a Hindu Cow, Defender.

And as as matter of fact, I ..... Very Happy

Maybe you didn't read the post you're replying to Sir?  Ya know ... The one where I kindly asked you to clarify which point I had missed.  Please and thank you --

Oh no, I read it. Didn't see a need to read it a second time. I just find you to be a big ARSE-HAT that gets all worked up when somebody doesnt agree with your decree that the GDA is the end all, be all. And before you crap you pants, yes you say this every time you post. May not be the exact words but despite the fact that you think the rest of us aren't as bright as you, we can read between the lines.

Of course you do Defender ... join the club, er ... maybe you already are in the club given you're just 4 posts in.  You guys with multiple logins ... sure is cute.  Not as cute though as your contention that I believe that the GDA is the "end all, be all" ... Clearly you know zip about me and my decrees (quite the same level to your knowledge of GDA).  But not even close to as adorable as your picturing me all worked up as I'm hammering away at the keyboard (those that know me here will find this especially amusing).  

Just for giggles, how bout you point out where you think I had a coronary and crapped my pants in this thread (or any other for that matter).

And when you're done there, you could get back to me with the Blob's "point" I missed.  Remember ... the entire gist of your engagement here.  Funny how we haven't heard back from him after my response to his post isn't it?

If that's still too difficult and you'd like to simply continue with the insults, let's go with the PM ... K?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 872
Points : 2296
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Defender_Dad on 30/01/18, 04:36 pm

Big Ern wrote:
Defender_Dad wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
Defender_Dad wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
Defender_Dad wrote:


Your head is so far up the "Proverbial" GDA arse, that you just completely missed the whole point of Blob was trying yo get at.

Oh ... really?  S%#t ... Well isn't that embarrassing.  

Could ya fill me in then on the whole point that I missed?  And while you're at it, have another look at this ^ post (you'll have to read past the first line of the second paragraph though) ... You know -- just in case you "completely missed the whole point".  When you're done there, please let me know how my post didn't address ole Blob's "point".

Awesome.

Yeah it's embarrassing. A grown man getting his panties in a bunch over 13yr old girls soccer. Before you have a coronary tell me something. Have you gotten that "Oh-So-Coveted", personal call from Jill Ellis inviting your DD to the next USWNT camp? How was It? Was she nice?

Calm as a Hindu Cow, Defender.

And as as matter of fact, I ..... Very Happy

Maybe you didn't read the post you're replying to Sir?  Ya know ... The one where I kindly asked you to clarify which point I had missed.  Please and thank you --

Oh no, I read it. Didn't see a need to read it a second time. I just find you to be a big ARSE-HAT that gets all worked up when somebody doesnt agree with your decree that the GDA is the end all, be all. And before you crap you pants, yes you say this every time you post. May not be the exact words but despite the fact that you think the rest of us aren't as bright as you, we can read between the lines.

Of course you do Defender ... join the club, er ... maybe you already are in the club given you're just 4 posts in.  You guys with multiple logins ... sure is cute.  Not as cute though as your contention that I believe that the GDA is the "end all, be all" ... Clearly you know zip about me and my decrees (quite the same level to your knowledge of GDA).  But not even close to as adorable as your picturing me all worked up as I'm hammering away at the keyboard (those that know me here will find this especially amusing).  

Just for giggles, how bout you point out where you think I had a coronary and crapped my pants in this thread (or any other for that matter).

And when you're done there, you could get back to me with the Blob's "point" I missed.  Remember ... the entire gist of your engagement here.  Funny how we haven't heard back from him after my response to his post isn't it?

If that's still too difficult and you'd like to simply continue with the insults, let's go with the PM ... K?


Only one login for me there Lil Buddy. Unlike you I don't feel the need to come on here everytime someone makes a statement about GDA and try to bring all to your way of thinking. The fact that everytime someone brings up the GDA, you come on with these long arse theses, feeling a need to defend it, just shows that you need to pull your panties out your arse. Those 3 little letters get you all worked up. I find you amusing personally. You don't have to convince the rest of us of what may or may not be the best option for our DDs. Just make sure you continue to do what's best for yours. Let's see....


GDA!!!
WAIT FOR IT....

Defender_Dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 26
Points : 219
Join date : 2017-12-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Zizou on 30/01/18, 04:57 pm

Damm, still waiting. Sounds like someone mid judged the situation.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2183
Points : 3954
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Defender_Dad on 30/01/18, 05:11 pm

Zizou wrote:Damm, still waiting. Sounds like someone mid judged the situation.

Should've known you'd eventually make your way in to defend your buddy. He'll respond. He can't help himself.

Defender_Dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 26
Points : 219
Join date : 2017-12-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Foxysoccermom on 30/01/18, 05:11 pm

Zizou wrote:Damm, still waiting. Sounds like someone mid judged the situation.

That's you bige, we all know it.
avatar
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 519
Points : 1050
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Zizou on 30/01/18, 05:22 pm

Big E seems like a nice guy, but never met the guy.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2183
Points : 3954
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Zizou on 30/01/18, 05:24 pm

Foxysoccermom wrote:
Zizou wrote:Damm, still waiting. Sounds like someone mid judged the situation.

That's you bige, we all know it.

We all have a little big e in us including you fox.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2183
Points : 3954
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Medicine Man on 30/01/18, 05:25 pm

Zizou I see your little red box on how come your other box isnt on? Which Zizou is this.

Are you keeping your BigE drawer of thongs for character number 6. Shocked

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
avatar
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 1261
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Zizou on 30/01/18, 05:28 pm

I can’t translate med man language. Sorry

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2183
Points : 3954
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Medicine Man on 30/01/18, 05:31 pm

You like working the red light district wearing your pink outfit working the PDA strip.

Your admin buddies made a PDA section just for you. You can talk in circles to your hearts content.

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
avatar
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 1261
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Big Ern on 30/01/18, 10:21 pm

Sorry to disappoint Zizou ... Always been tough for me to lay off those fat, lobbed up, slow ones ya know.  And apologies Gentlemen (and ladies ... sorry foxy) for the delay -- I work a lot of evenings.

And what do ya know -- Not a darn thing of substance from Defender ... Other than I amuse him (I always have had a knack for getting yucks from the kid with the burr haircut in the back of the room that you never saw again after second semester junior year ... you know the one ... drove that beige '84 Fiero and wore nothing but black t shirts a size too small).  And that he's a newbie ... riiiggghhht -- long time listener, first time caller huh Defender?  Oh, and that he just can't seem to recall the reason he hopped into this convo in the first place ... curious ... would still love to hear Blob's "point" that I "missed".  So ... Are ya going to continue to ignore it Sir?  Gonna contribute at all?  Or ... would you prefer to kick it on the level of MedMan?

Surely you don't think that I think that GDA is best for your daughter do ya?  What (in your short 6 post forum life) has convinced you that I'm here to convince you or anyone else of anything?  All I'm here for is to shed a little bit of light here and there.  Disagree?  How 'bout you show me where in any of my 1800+ posts over the years that I've tried to convince anyone that 'this or that' is better for their kid.

*** and if any of you are daft enough to still believe I am Zizou, well ... I just can't help ya.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 872
Points : 2296
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Defender_Dad on 30/01/18, 10:32 pm

Big Ern wrote:Sorry to disappoint Zizou ... Always been tough for me to lay off those fat, lobbed up, slow ones ya know.  And apologies Gentlemen (and ladies ... sorry foxy) for the delay -- I work a lot of evenings.

And what do ya know -- Not a darn thing of substance from Defender ... Other than I amuse him (I always have had a knack for getting yucks from the kid with the burr haircut in the back of the room that you never saw again after second semester junior year ... you know the one ... drove that beige '84 Fiero and wore nothing but black t shirts a size too small).  And that he's a newbie ... riiiggghhht -- long time listener, first time caller huh Defender?  Oh, and that he just can't seem to recall the reason he hopped into this convo in the first place ... curious ... would still love to hear Blob's "point" that I "missed".  So ... Are ya going to continue to ignore it Sir?  Gonna contribute at all?  Or ... would you prefer to kick it on the level of MedMan?

Surely you don't think that I think that GDA is best for your daughter do ya?  What (in your short 6 post forum life) has convinced you that I'm here to convince you or anyone else of anything?  All I'm here for is to shed a little bit of light here and there.  Disagree?  How 'bout you show me where in any of my 1800+ posts over the years that I've tried to convince anyone that 'this or that' is better for their kid.

*** and if any of you are daft enough to still believe I am Zizou, well ... I just can't help ya.

What are you rambling on about now. You think you're being clever with your stories of the "kid with the burr haircut" but you only look more like the moron I think you are. You spew crap like that when the person you're trying to convince won't give in to non-sense. You don't like someone coming back at you so you come up with what only you think are clever, little quips. Well, you've ceased to amuse me so I'm out. Think of a "CLEVER" response and may be I'll check it out tomorrow.

Defender_Dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 26
Points : 219
Join date : 2017-12-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Big Ern on 30/01/18, 11:21 pm

Coo --

How 'bout you answer just this one question (had a bunch but this is the only one of real significance to your argument and it's the only way for you to save face at this point)  ...

What point of Blob's did I miss in my post?

In case you forgot, you so eloquently wrote ... "Your head is so far up the "Proverbial" GDA arse, that you just completely missed the whole point of Blob was trying yo get at."

Black 'n White enough for ya Sir?

And for extra credit, you can simply cite me "spewing" misleading, untrue information, or attempting to convince you all that GDA is best for your kid.  

All that being said ...

Dude -- I know it's not fun to read from someone that may seem to you like he thinks he knows it all ... Certainly understandable that it's irritating and frustrating to someone like yourself.  I've just been around awhile so picked up a thing or two ya know ... made my living in the sport; coached for a few of the local clubs over the years; still have personal relationships with many of the coaches and directors; served on some association and club BODs in various capacities.  I still coach kids that play on all levels from USSDA to recreational, and have kids myself that do not participate in GDA.  Love 'em all and believe every kid has their place in the sport.  So ...

KEEP CALM AND ANSWER THE QUESTION  Wink

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 872
Points : 2296
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by DeltaTauChi on 30/01/18, 11:26 pm

Big Ern wrote:  I've just been around awhile so picked up a thing or two ya know ... made my living in the sport; coached for a few of the local clubs over the years; still have personal relationships with many of the coaches and directors; served on some association and club BODs in various capacities.  I still coach kids that play on all levels from USSDA to recreational, and have kids myself that do not participate in GDA.  

I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Guess that makes us even. jocolor

__________________________________________________
Bluto's right.  Psychotic, but absolutely right.
avatar
DeltaTauChi
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 173
Points : 340
Join date : 2018-01-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Medicine Man on 31/01/18, 05:33 am

Don't get caught in school w PDA.

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
avatar
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 1261
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Zizou on 31/01/18, 05:40 am

I love you med man Wink sorry to much PDA

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2183
Points : 3954
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Guest on 01/02/18, 10:05 pm

Not to point out the hilarity here; but you COMPLETELY missed the point.  I was more talking about those poor, poor Non-GDA girls.  You wanted me to ask an actual GDA kid or parent or family.  I was talking more about those that were unworthy of acknowledgement...but carry on.  Our daughter's can only HOPE to play soccer at that level.  Maybe on Xbox one some day. :-)

Perhaps YOU read what you're responding to before launching into the same effing diatribe on EVERY non-GDA post. The original intent of this thread (I think) was to exalt some pretty nice footy that was played over this last week.  Alas, that couldn't posssibly have occurred...there were only high priced rec teams playing, right?  

Let's read for syntax before spewing your same tired *BAD WORD - EVEN THOUGH YOU CHANGED THE SPELLING*. You really are a pompous *BAD WORD* to find pleasure in talking down about anything "less" than your kid's level (alleged level).  Nice try chump.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Big Ern on 02/02/18, 12:41 am

Blob wrote:Not to point out the hilarity here; but you COMPLETELY missed the point.  I was more talking about those poor, poor Non-GDA girls.  You wanted me to ask an actual GDA kid or parent or family.  I was talking more about those that were unworthy of acknowledgement...but carry on.  Our daughter's can only HOPE to play soccer at that level.  Maybe on Xbox one some day. :-)

Perhaps YOU read what you're responding to before launching into the same effing diatribe on EVERY non-GDA post. The original intent of this thread (I think) was to exalt some pretty nice footy that was played over this last week.  Alas, that couldn't posssibly have occurred...there were only high priced rec teams playing, right?  

Let's read for syntax before spewing your same tired *BAD WORD - EVEN THOUGH YOU CHANGED THE SPELLING*. You really are a pompous *BAD WORD* to find pleasure in talking down about anything "less" than your kid's level (alleged level).  Nice try chump.

Rough.  Why does it always have to come to slander?  Is it really necessary?  Then to bring up one of my own kids and her "alleged" level?  ... niiiiice Sir.  And "syntax"?  ... really Blob?

I assume this was directed at me which is hilarious in it's own right, considering that I still coach kids that play on all levels from the recreational level on up (love em all), and have kids myself that do not participate in GDA.  Show me where I've talked down to someone that has kids (much like myself) that don't participate in GDA.  Show me where I said (or even insinuated) that kids that aren't playing in GDA are unworthy of acknowledgement.

Since you're so intent on breaking my balls and felt the need to come back almost 3 days after this one was buried, let's have a look at your "point" ...

"Gosh. I think the whole forum should shut down. There. Should be a GDA forum only. I mean, if it didn't happen there then essentially it didn't happen. I feel sorry for all these young ladies and their myopic parents that think little Susie is playing a quality brand of footie."

What in here ^ isn't a full on sarcastic jab at a program you clearly have zero experience with and know zip about?  And where did I miss that point in my response?

"I like to look on here every day and note how EVERY post about something other than GDA gets reminded that there are only X many girls with any soccer acumen."

Guessing here ^ you disagree that 75% playing Select soccer shouldn't be, which is certainly fair, but in saying that, it doesn't mean I think that all 25% of those players are in GDA.  And could you sound any more like a woman scorned that immediately jumps to the wrong conclusion so can't keep a guy around for more than a few weeks?  ... C'mon now son.

"Gawd there are some amazingly pompous asses on here. In a few weeks maybe some of you should button your traps, open your eyes, and go spend a day at UTD and just observe. I GUARANTEE you will see so many wonderful young ladies with every bit of heart and upside as their alleged superiors. Sadly, their circumstances might not permit these ladies the opportunity to be on only these teams that matter (geography, home life, other non-sport skill sets, other sport skill sets, etc.)"

Show me where in here ^ you were "talking more about those that were unworthy of acknowledgement" and how that is relevant to your argument that my response missed your "point".

"Enjoy blowing smoke about "my kid, my coach, my level, my team, my my my...". (Blowing something anyway lol). How about realizing that there's a wealth of talent out there and just congratulate or recognize that growth is occurring elsewhere."

How many times have I even written "my kid, my coach, my level, my team" ... 0.  I've mentioned many times on this forum that there's talent in every league out there.  While it is true (and somewhat common knowledge at this point) that the majority of talent in NTX is now participating in GDA, I've never once said that GDA is for everyone, or the only place to be, or whatever else it is that you all can't help but think I believe.  I've literally coached many teams "elsewhere", at multiple clubs that in fact do not have ECNL or GDA, with teams playing in PPL or LHGCL ... Surely you don't really believe that I don't realize that there is growth elsewhere ... I mean, c'mon dude.

"(FYI - mine did not play in Michael Brown...I just got tired of reading the same tired *BAD WORD - EVEN THOUGH YOU CHANGED THE SPELLING* from the same tired egos on every effing non-DA thread. I'm pretty sure these opinions wouldn't be so fervently shared if in a group setting)"

As I mentioned, I too am tired of reading the same tired bs from the same tired folks that mindlessly attempt to feed the common misconception about a program (and me for that matter) in which they have zero experience with and no nothing about ... that's all Blob.  And I would love to get together to discuss anything that has to do with youth soccer with you and your minions in a group setting.  We could start by discussing why all of you guys are so easily irritated with the one guy on here that defends a solid program (but no more solid than any of the others  Wink ) that is mindlessly degraded due to ignorance ... just because.

Anyway ... Keep on soccerdaddin'! 

BTW -- footy is not soccer nor is it futbal.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 872
Points : 2296
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by AtThePitch on 02/02/18, 05:39 am

The issue is tone and wording.

I don't have a child in GDA, and have no interest in it, yet I do know just a tad bit of information about it and most every other league and level of play here in NTX, oh and STX, and some surrounding areas.

I am lucky enough to spend my weekends actually recording or viewing tape of boys and girls from a wide range of ages from all the various leagues from all the areas.... Is there a good amount of talent in GDA, yes... Is it the majority... NOPE.

That is a fact based on the maaaannny hours of actual footage I have on file from working with clients.

Kudos to anyone that has managed to navigate this maze and helped their DD or BB become one of those many beautiful footballers I've had the pleasure of seeing play. Keep it up!

To assume DA is or will quickly become the only place to find talent... Is short sighted and an example of one reason why this country falls short on talent identification.

Just listen to Sunil Gulatis speech yesterday... His arrogance when he references DA... Par for the course.
avatar
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 661
Points : 3077
Join date : 2011-12-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Big Ern on 02/02/18, 08:37 am

AtThePitch wrote:The issue is tone and wording.

I don't have a child in GDA, and have no interest in it, yet I do know just a tad bit of information about it and most every other league and level of play here in NTX, oh and STX, and some surrounding areas.

I am lucky enough to spend my weekends actually recording or viewing tape of boys and girls from a wide range of ages from all the various leagues from all the areas.... Is there a good amount of talent in GDA, yes... Is it the majority... NOPE.

That is a fact based on the maaaannny hours of actual footage I have on file from working with clients.

Kudos to anyone that has managed to navigate this maze and helped their DD or BB become one of those many beautiful footballers I've had the pleasure of seeing play.  Keep it up!

To assume DA is or will quickly become the only place to find talent... Is short sighted and an example of one reason why this country falls short on talent identification.

Just listen to Sunil Gulatis speech yesterday... His arrogance when he references DA... Par for the course.

Thanks ATP, and you're probably right when it comes to my wording ... I should work on that.

No doubt that working the video sticks as much as you say you do would give you more knowledge of the allocation of talent than most any of us.  Having said that and in reading your post here, I'm curious.  You mentioned that it's a fact that most of the talent lies outside of the DA.  Given that the DA has long been recognized as the highest youth level for the boys, that the same can be said for the ECNL for the girls, and nearly all of the U17 and below ECNL participants last year are now on their respective club's DA teams, where exactly is most of the talent now?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 872
Points : 2296
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by AtThePitch on 02/02/18, 09:07 am

The answer to your question is as simple as it is complex...

Each and every family makes a decision that best fits their family, based on economics, geographic location, sacrifices required... and for some its just not in the cards.

They dont know abou it, minority/under served areas, they cant afford it, they cant afford to get the kid there, they literally cant get the kid there, they dont live in an area that has DA or ECNL for that matter, etc... the list goes on.

Because of some of those reasons there will always be talent that just opts out, doesnt come out, or is never seen.  So you see them spread across vast areas of the country, region, state, leagues, age groups, etc...

The area I was born and raised in for example... where to this day there is no DA or ECNL... its a 4.5 hour drive to the nearest DA club, that only has boys DA, and its a 5.5 hour drive to the nearest club with ECNL and/or DA... so guess how many boys/girls from that region never see the pitch with a DA patch on it... but you could go there and mine the fields for talent.

Hell, drive down to Oak Cliff and you will find more kids that can and could do it... but why dont they... ?  When it comes to boys.. they are a dime a dozen... its not as deep on the girls side, but its still spread out.

My own personal situation, its a family decision, I have more than one child to consider, a career, and a business to run... simply does not need DA to achieve the goals she has set out for herself, and yes she is a DA level player.  Does not mean she will ever play DA or will ever want to... that day comes it will be her call, but I am also blessed enough to say she will have her own car to drive herself there if that is what she chooses one day.  

Now if the idiots in charge could pull their heads out and get more boots on the ground, launch more academies, end pay to play, cover every foot of ground in the country and beyond... then maybe the argument could be made otherwise... Yes, DA could be the top dog, it sure is billed that way... but when you step back and look at the big picture, the vast country we live in and the wide ranging economic ability of all familes.... the numbers dont support it, and Im just talking about the regions I cover, be it that is the entire midwest, texas, and surrounding states.
avatar
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 661
Points : 3077
Join date : 2011-12-18

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum