Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Latest topics
D'feeters ECNL Composite & Champions LeagueToday at 12:45 amkimmie030507
FC Dallas Central '10G Goodman - Open Training Yesterday at 11:52 pmFC Dallas Central Div
FC Dallas Central 09G Lookin for ALL Interested '09G Player Yesterday at 11:51 pmFC Dallas Central Div
FC Dallas Central '07G Div II Bye - Pool Training Dates/TimeYesterday at 11:50 pmFC Dallas Central Div
FC Dallas Central '06G Classic Bye - Pool Training Date/TimeYesterday at 11:46 pmFC Dallas Central Div
FC Dallas Central '04G - Div II Bye - Open TrainingYesterday at 11:46 pmFC Dallas Central Div
Lake Highlands D1 team looking for goalkeeperYesterday at 11:38 pmW1LL14M
Sting West 06 RigsbyYesterday at 11:17 pmSEAOTTER
Liverpool Elite 05 girls (D1 champs)Yesterday at 11:15 pmsoapboxmom2.0
Sting West 05 RigsbyYesterday at 11:12 pmSEAOTTER
Predators FC ‘01 Girls -Showcases and TryoutsYesterday at 11:07 pmDoug Janeway
FC Dallas 06G Open TryoutsYesterday at 11:03 pmFCD06GDAD
FC DALLAS 06G - OPEN TRYOUTSYesterday at 10:59 pmFCD06GDAD
D’feeters Kicks Formacao and D’feeters Kicks Santos Yesterday at 10:54 pm9withak
D'FEETERS O4 OPEN SESSIONYesterday at 10:33 pmRightWingDad
Solar Naizer open tryouts Yesterday at 10:25 pmcdorsey
Solid D2 team looking for a few players - Practice TOMORROWYesterday at 10:07 pmacomstock77
Liverpool 04 Barnes looking for players Yesterday at 09:46 pmLiverpool04BarnesG
Sting 2011 ShepardYesterday at 09:37 pmskills
Dallas Texans West 07G - Open PracticesYesterday at 09:11 pmthreesoccergirls
Dallas Texans 07 Girls North - Open PracticesYesterday at 09:06 pm07girls
Solar 02 FDL Naizer looking for Elite PlayersYesterday at 09:00 pmSolarkeeperdad01
Solar 02 FDL-Naizer Open Practices Yesterday at 08:58 pmSolarkeeperdad01
D'feeters 03 ECNL2 Open TryoutsYesterday at 08:30 pmSoccerdad55
NTX CELTIC FC 2012/2013 BoysYesterday at 08:22 pmFusionFC2011
Log in

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 11985 registered users
The newest registered user is rsteinman

Our users have posted a total of 173768 messages in 22228 subjects

Michael Brown highlights

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by AtThePitch on 02/02/18, 09:07 am

The answer to your question is as simple as it is complex...

Each and every family makes a decision that best fits their family, based on economics, geographic location, sacrifices required... and for some its just not in the cards.

They dont know abou it, minority/under served areas, they cant afford it, they cant afford to get the kid there, they literally cant get the kid there, they dont live in an area that has DA or ECNL for that matter, etc... the list goes on.

Because of some of those reasons there will always be talent that just opts out, doesnt come out, or is never seen.  So you see them spread across vast areas of the country, region, state, leagues, age groups, etc...

The area I was born and raised in for example... where to this day there is no DA or ECNL... its a 4.5 hour drive to the nearest DA club, that only has boys DA, and its a 5.5 hour drive to the nearest club with ECNL and/or DA... so guess how many boys/girls from that region never see the pitch with a DA patch on it... but you could go there and mine the fields for talent.

Hell, drive down to Oak Cliff and you will find more kids that can and could do it... but why dont they... ?  When it comes to boys.. they are a dime a dozen... its not as deep on the girls side, but its still spread out.

My own personal situation, its a family decision, I have more than one child to consider, a career, and a business to run... simply does not need DA to achieve the goals she has set out for herself, and yes she is a DA level player.  Does not mean she will ever play DA or will ever want to... that day comes it will be her call, but I am also blessed enough to say she will have her own car to drive herself there if that is what she chooses one day.  

Now if the idiots in charge could pull their heads out and get more boots on the ground, launch more academies, end pay to play, cover every foot of ground in the country and beyond... then maybe the argument could be made otherwise... Yes, DA could be the top dog, it sure is billed that way... but when you step back and look at the big picture, the vast country we live in and the wide ranging economic ability of all familes.... the numbers dont support it, and Im just talking about the regions I cover, be it that is the entire midwest, texas, and surrounding states.

AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 658
Join date : 2011-12-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by SickofStupidity on 02/02/18, 09:12 am

Big Ern wrote:
AtThePitch wrote:The issue is tone and wording.

I don't have a child in GDA, and have no interest in it, yet I do know just a tad bit of information about it and most every other league and level of play here in NTX, oh and STX, and some surrounding areas.

I am lucky enough to spend my weekends actually recording or viewing tape of boys and girls from a wide range of ages from all the various leagues from all the areas.... Is there a good amount of talent in GDA, yes... Is it the majority... NOPE.

That is a fact based on the maaaannny hours of actual footage I have on file from working with clients.

Kudos to anyone that has managed to navigate this maze and helped their DD or BB become one of those many beautiful footballers I've had the pleasure of seeing play.  Keep it up!

To assume DA is or will quickly become the only place to find talent... Is short sighted and an example of one reason why this country falls short on talent identification.

Just listen to Sunil Gulatis speech yesterday... His arrogance when he references DA... Par for the course.

Thanks ATP, and you're probably right when it comes to my wording ... I should work on that.

No doubt that working the video sticks as much as you say you do would give you more knowledge of the allocation of talent than most any of us.  Having said that and in reading your post here, I'm curious.  You mentioned that it's a fact that most of the talent lies outside of the DA.  Given that the DA has long been recognized as the highest youth level for the boys, that the same can be said for the ECNL for the girls, and nearly all of the U17 and below ECNL participants last year are now on their respective club's DA teams, where exactly is most of the talent now?

I would have thought that a large % of talent is on DA teams, but nice to see some factual insight from someone not named BigE.

If "nearly all" of the U17 and below ECNL participants last year are now on their respective club's DA teams, and only 3 of the 5 ECNL clubs have DA teams, where did those players go whose club didn't offer DA?

Did "nearly all" of them move to DA as well?  If they remained with their ECNL clubs, doesn't that leave a large amount of talent in ECNL?

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 817
Points : 2297
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Medicine Man on 02/02/18, 09:43 am

Zizou moved to Wylie so he can express himself more freely.

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Dazed and Confused (11/12) Movie CLIP - O'Bannion's Payback (1993) HD" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/I7MwxFdb0Ls
avatar
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 902
Points : 1196
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by ProDallas on 02/02/18, 10:18 am

There is definitely some high-level dd talent in the ECNL ranks. I know for certain that some of the HP girls who are already committed/signed with top D-I programs desired to continue with their school teams. Though, I have to imagine as DA gets more established going forward, we'll see less of that. Could be wrong, of course.
avatar
ProDallas
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 112
Points : 737
Join date : 2016-10-12
Location : Dallas

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by SickofStupidity on 02/02/18, 10:27 am

ProDallas wrote:There is definitely some high-level dd talent in the ECNL ranks. I know for certain that some of the HP girls who are already committed/signed with top D-I programs desired to continue with their school teams. Though, I have to imagine as DA gets more
established going forward, we'll see less of that. Could be wrong, of course.

I'm sorry, but you are wrong.

According to BigE "nearly all of the U17 and below ECNL participants last year are now on their respective club's DA teams".

Those who didn't are in such a small minority that they are not even worth discussing as an exception to the rule.


Thank you for participating.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 817
Points : 2297
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by ProDallas on 02/02/18, 10:34 am

Hah, that's funny - and I get your point. Having a younger dd myself, I can see how DA would be appealing when the time comes, especially when it's more established. I also can see how current high school players on really good teams like HP wouldn't want to give up that experience. If a player is good enough, the college coaches will seek them DA or no DA. And, if they were on crap teams, I believe they'd most likely be committed to the DA program.
avatar
ProDallas
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 112
Points : 737
Join date : 2016-10-12
Location : Dallas

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Big Ern on 02/02/18, 10:40 am

SickofStupidity wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
AtThePitch wrote:The issue is tone and wording.

I don't have a child in GDA, and have no interest in it, yet I do know just a tad bit of information about it and most every other league and level of play here in NTX, oh and STX, and some surrounding areas.

I am lucky enough to spend my weekends actually recording or viewing tape of boys and girls from a wide range of ages from all the various leagues from all the areas.... Is there a good amount of talent in GDA, yes... Is it the majority... NOPE.

That is a fact based on the maaaannny hours of actual footage I have on file from working with clients.

Kudos to anyone that has managed to navigate this maze and helped their DD or BB become one of those many beautiful footballers I've had the pleasure of seeing play.  Keep it up!

To assume DA is or will quickly become the only place to find talent... Is short sighted and an example of one reason why this country falls short on talent identification.

Just listen to Sunil Gulatis speech yesterday... His arrogance when he references DA... Par for the course.

Thanks ATP, and you're probably right when it comes to my wording ... I should work on that.

No doubt that working the video sticks as much as you say you do would give you more knowledge of the allocation of talent than most any of us.  Having said that and in reading your post here, I'm curious.  You mentioned that it's a fact that most of the talent lies outside of the DA.  Given that the DA has long been recognized as the highest youth level for the boys, that the same can be said for the ECNL for the girls, and nearly all of the U17 and below ECNL participants last year are now on their respective club's DA teams, where exactly is most of the talent now?

I would have thought that a large % of talent is on DA teams, but nice to see some factual insight from someone not named BigE.

If "nearly all" of the U17 and below ECNL participants last year are now on their respective club's DA teams, and only 3 of the 5 ECNL clubs have DA teams, where did those players go whose club didn't offer DA?

Did "nearly all" of them move to DA as well?  If they remained with their ECNL clubs, doesn't that leave a large amount of talent in ECNL?

Yes -- I do agree SoS ... it is refreshing isn't it?  I've always respected ATP.

And yes -- I should have clarified.  "Nearly all" was in reference to the big 3.  From what I've seen, the majority of Sting and D'Feet ECNL players from last year, stayed put.  The gist of my point however, is that it'd be difficult to believe that if the other 2 did have GDA this year, that those ECNL players from last year wouldn't have made the jump.  

And if we're being honest with each other, the larger amount of the ECNL talent last year was at the clubs that now have GDA.  Same as it is across most to the country ... most of the top ECNL teams from last year are now the top GDA teams.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 818
Points : 2213
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Guest on 02/02/18, 11:02 am

"Thanks ATP, and you're probably right when it comes to my wording ... I should work on that" - UNDERSTATEMENT

You say that many of us are "ignorant" or have no clue about GDA. My kiddo is on a GDA affiliated club. She's played with (for years) many IN the DA. I am close friends with many DA families and know of their experiences. She's on a team with at least 4 young ladies right now that are EASILY GDA quality. Those previously mentioned circumstances and logistics don't make DA the best option for a great many. If you have this great eye for talent then you certainly shouldn't be myopic enough to think there's not a huge amount of talent out there at ALL levels and ALL leagues. Absolutely, the greatest concentration of this will be funneled up to whatever iteration/league there is this week. However, just perhaps consider laying off with the elitist talk a wee bit, eh?

Ps - footy is soccer. Ever been to Australia to watch some footie on the Telly? (Yet another pompous thing...you enjoy pulling at words and phrases you deem incorrect a bit - a little sophomoric methinks)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Zizou on 02/02/18, 11:07 am

Damm, everyone gets a trophy. This thread is how it should be done. Meet in the middle and support all.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2153
Points : 3891
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Guest on 02/02/18, 11:12 am

LOL! Zizou FTW...

(I wash my hands of this)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Medicine Man on 02/02/18, 11:28 am

Zizou Wylie is a freebird now he can show his PDA proudly.

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Dazed and Confused (11/12) Movie CLIP - O'Bannion's Payback (1993) HD" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/I7MwxFdb0Ls
avatar
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 902
Points : 1196
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Big Ern on 02/02/18, 11:39 am

Blob wrote:"Thanks ATP, and you're probably right when it comes to my wording ... I should work on that" - UNDERSTATEMENT

You say that many of us are "ignorant" or have no clue about GDA. My kiddo is on a GDA affiliated club. She's played with (for years) many IN the DA. I am close friends with many DA families and know of their experiences. She's on a team with at least 4 young ladies right now that are EASILY GDA quality. Those previously mentioned circumstances and logistics don't make DA the best option for a great many. If you have this great eye for talent then you certainly shouldn't be myopic enough to think there's not a huge amount of talent out there at ALL levels and ALL leagues. Absolutely, the greatest concentration of this will be funneled up to whatever iteration/league there is this week. However, just perhaps consider laying off with the elitist talk a wee bit, eh?

Ps - footy is soccer.  Ever been to Australia to watch some footie on the Telly?  (Yet another pompous thing...you enjoy pulling at words and phrases you deem incorrect a bit - a little sophomoric methinks)

So by me saying that I believe the majority of talent in NTX is participating in DA, having 1 of my kids playing on a DA team, and by simply being willing to defend it, makes me an elitist?  ... Well then ... that makes sense  Shocked

And if your kiddo has played for years IN the DA, then you must be right ... more experience than any of us around here ... and on the planet, right?

And is it a coincidence that most of you 'DA is bad' guys (not you Blob ... you just know them) all have kids that could easily play on that level but choose not to.  I'd be curious as to what those DA coaches would have to say about that ... But that's not going to happen because those girls want so badly to play high school ball -- cool.  I will tell you though that if you asked 10 of those kids out there competing at the DA level, 9 of them would tell you they didn't give it a second thought ... just sayin'.

And regarding your "previously mentioned circumstances" -- I've heard this now a few times here recently ... You know the ones -- 'There are elite kids out there that have logistical, family, or financial issues'.  Of course there are ... And many are playing on DA teams via scholarship and ridesharing opportunities.  I know kids from South Oak Cliff, Mansfield, Greenville, even Oklahoma on DA rosters this year.  I've seen many many coming from broken homes and abusive domestic situations.  Bottom line is ... We all know that there is plenty of talent not participating in DA -- kinda like we all know that the sky is blue.  But If a kid is good enough and has the desire, he or she will be playing wherever they like regardless.

Oh, and Footy.  Played it myself a time or two.  Australian Rules Football.  How embarrassing.  You can catch it on the Ocho on Wednesdays after midnight.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 818
Points : 2213
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by SickofStupidity on 02/02/18, 12:38 pm

Big Ern wrote:
Blob wrote:"Thanks ATP, and you're probably right when it comes to my wording ... I should work on that" - UNDERSTATEMENT

You say that many of us are "ignorant" or have no clue about GDA. My kiddo is on a GDA affiliated club. She's played with (for years) many IN the DA. I am close friends with many DA families and know of their experiences. She's on a team with at least 4 young ladies right now that are EASILY GDA quality. Those previously mentioned circumstances and logistics don't make DA the best option for a great many. If you have this great eye for talent then you certainly shouldn't be myopic enough to think there's not a huge amount of talent out there at ALL levels and ALL leagues. Absolutely, the greatest concentration of this will be funneled up to whatever iteration/league there is this week. However, just perhaps consider laying off with the elitist talk a wee bit, eh?

Ps - footy is soccer.  Ever been to Australia to watch some footie on the Telly?  (Yet another pompous thing...you enjoy pulling at words and phrases you deem incorrect a bit - a little sophomoric methinks)

So by me saying that I believe the majority of talent in NTX is participating in DA, having 1 of my kids playing on a DA team, and by simply being willing to defend it, makes me an elitist?  ... Well then ... that makes sense  Shocked

And if your kiddo has played for years IN the DA, then you must be right ... more experience than any of us around here ... and on the planet, right?

And is it a coincidence that most of you 'DA is bad' guys (not you Blob ... you just know them) all have kids that could easily play on that level but choose not to.  I'd be curious as to what those DA coaches would have to say about that ... But that's not going to happen because those girls want so badly to play high school ball -- cool.  I will tell you though that if you asked 10 of those kids out there competing at the DA level, 9 of them would tell you they didn't give it a second thought ... just sayin'.

And regarding your "previously mentioned circumstances" -- I've heard this now a few times here recently ... You know the ones -- 'There are elite kids out there that have logistical, family, or financial issues'.  Of course there are ... And many are playing on DA teams via scholarship and ridesharing opportunities.  I know kids from South Oak Cliff, Mansfield, Greenville, even Oklahoma on DA rosters this year.  I've seen many many coming from broken homes and abusive domestic situations.  Bottom line is ... We all know that there is plenty of talent not participating in DA -- kinda like we all know that the sky is blue.  But If a kid is good enough and has the desire, he or she will be playing wherever they like regardless.

Oh, and Footy.  Played it myself a time or two.  Australian Rules Football.  How embarrassing.  You can catch it on the Ocho on Wednesdays after midnight.


So in all (rare) seriousness - given the limited number of DA spots available . . . are you saying that numerous kids currently on DA teams could be "easily" replaced by the kids of skeptics, naysayers and "DA is bad" parents?

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 817
Points : 2297
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by soccerjack on 02/02/18, 01:43 pm

Here's the thing Bige, You act like someone appointed you spokesperson for Gda, if anyone points out a problem with it, you feel the need to argue and act like they are just jealous. I for example think it's just another money grab by the clubs and whatever USS (insert name) mismanaged soccer association you want. I've never argued the fact that it's good to have a top league. Others make other points and you argue with them irregardless of the validity. The saddest thing of all, is the clubs are destroying the sport for the masses, which is where they make their money. The excess demand can and probably will end sooner or later especially the way it's going. Then all the people suckling at the teet will be in trouble. They have destroyed lake highlands and can't do anything right when left to their own devices and now the JDL stupidity blew up because...guess what, they were too incompetent to run it. Soooo trying to limit competition will make the bigs more incompetent. Most kids and parents want a nice experience for the kids to learn teamwork, hardwork etc.....this crap like there is some special rainbow at the end of the run is just bs. Btw, I'm sure you will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think recent history proves that the NTX system does not produce what it should with the talent here. What is the Ntx system? The clubs. So all the teet suckers might want to focus on improving the overall system so their money train can continue.

Fyi...I think a lot of the DA parents might be tired of your self appointed DA spokesman position. I will never tire of it because you make me chuckle.
avatar
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 971
Points : 2408
Join date : 2014-07-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Defender_Dad on 02/02/18, 02:08 pm

Big Ern wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
AtThePitch wrote:The issue is tone and wording.

I don't have a child in GDA, and have no interest in it, yet I do know just a tad bit of information about it and most every other league and level of play here in NTX, oh and STX, and some surrounding areas.

I am lucky enough to spend my weekends actually recording or viewing tape of boys and girls from a wide range of ages from all the various leagues from all the areas.... Is there a good amount of talent in GDA, yes... Is it the majority... NOPE.

That is a fact based on the maaaannny hours of actual footage I have on file from working with clients.

Kudos to anyone that has managed to navigate this maze and helped their DD or BB become one of those many beautiful footballers I've had the pleasure of seeing play.  Keep it up!

To assume DA is or will quickly become the only place to find talent... Is short sighted and an example of one reason why this country falls short on talent identification.

Just listen to Sunil Gulatis speech yesterday... His arrogance when he references DA... Par for the course.

Thanks ATP, and you're probably right when it comes to my wording ... I should work on that.

No doubt that working the video sticks as much as you say you do would give you more knowledge of the allocation of talent than most any of us.  Having said that and in reading your post here, I'm curious.  You mentioned that it's a fact that most of the talent lies outside of the DA.  Given that the DA has long been recognized as the highest youth level for the boys, that the same can be said for the ECNL for the girls, and nearly all of the U17 and below ECNL participants last year are now on their respective club's DA teams, where exactly is most of the talent now?

I would have thought that a large % of talent is on DA teams, but nice to see some factual insight from someone not named BigE.

If "nearly all" of the U17 and below ECNL participants last year are now on their respective club's DA teams, and only 3 of the 5 ECNL clubs have DA teams, where did those players go whose club didn't offer DA?

Did "nearly all" of them move to DA as well?  If they remained with their ECNL clubs, doesn't that leave a large amount of talent in ECNL?

Yes -- I do agree SoS ... it is refreshing isn't it?  I've always respected ATP.

And yes -- I should have clarified.  "Nearly all" was in reference to the big 3.  From what I've seen, the majority of Sting and D'Feet ECNL players from last year, stayed put.  The gist of my point however, is that it'd be difficult to believe that if the other 2 did have GDA this year, that those ECNL players from last year wouldn't have made the jump.  

And if we're being honest with each other, the larger amount of the ECNL talent last year was at the clubs that now have GDA.  Same as it is across most to the country ... most of the top ECNL teams from last year are now the top GDA teams.

You should change your tag to BigBackTracker.

Defender_Dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 26
Points : 190
Join date : 2017-12-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by SickofStupidity on 02/02/18, 02:49 pm

Someone gets defensive in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1   Rolling Eyes

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 817
Points : 2297
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Big Ern on 03/02/18, 09:40 pm

soccerjack wrote:Here's the thing Bige, You act like someone appointed you spokesperson for Gda, if anyone points out a problem with it, you feel the need to argue and act like they are just jealous.  I for example think it's just another money grab by  the clubs and whatever USS (insert name) mismanaged soccer association you want.  I've never argued the fact that it's good to have a top league.  Others make other points and you argue with them irregardless of the validity.  The saddest thing of all, is the clubs are destroying the sport for the masses, which is where they make their money.  The excess demand can and probably will end sooner or later especially the way it's going.  Then all the people suckling at the teet will be in trouble.  They have destroyed lake highlands and can't do anything right when left to their own devices and now the JDL stupidity blew up because...guess what, they were too incompetent to run it.  Soooo trying to limit competition will make the bigs more incompetent.  Most kids and parents want a nice experience for the kids to learn teamwork, hardwork etc.....this crap like there is some special rainbow at the end of the run is just bs.  Btw, I'm sure you will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think recent history proves that the NTX system does not produce what it should with the talent here.  What is the Ntx system?  The clubs.  So all the teet suckers might want to focus on improving the overall system so their money train can continue.  

Fyi...I think a lot of the DA parents might be tired of your self appointed DA spokesman position.  I will never tire of it because you make me chuckle.

Heya jackie -- Been too long.  I appreciate you lettin' me know about "the thing".  And sheish ... It's starting to become purty clear where are that angst is coming from.

Looks like this one is over a day old, but it's such a doozy that it sparked a few preguntas.  If you can (or anyone else would like to), please answer at your lezzure ...


1 )  How exactly is DA a "moneygrab" in comparison from any other program, league, etc.?

2 )  Which of my arguments regarding DA (or anything else) is 'invalid'?

3 )  How are the clubs "destroying the sport for the masses"?

4 )  Who are the people "sucking at the teet" and why will they be in trouble?

5 )  Who do you think are running JDL and why do you think they are incompetent?

6 )  Are you saying you think the bigs are in trouble because they are "limiting competition"?

7 )  How is this ... "Most kids and parents want a nice experience for the kids to learn teamwork, hardwork etc", not what the USSDA (or the 'bigs' if they are what you're referring to here) are offering for the kids?

8 )  Is providing a pathway to achieving their goals (i.e. receiving a scholarship to a school of their choice to play soccer) the same as "crap like there is some special rainbow at the end of the run is just bs"?  

9 )  What do you mean when you say 'the clubs are the NTX soccer system' and how is it different/worse than any other area of the country?

10 )  ... and this one is a real brain buster -- If other GDA parents are 'tired' of my "spokesman" work or disagree with my posts, why don't we hear from them?


FYI -- I'm amused that I amuse you  Wink


Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 818
Points : 2213
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by KeeperCommander on 05/02/18, 01:27 pm

Big Ern wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
AtThePitch wrote:The issue is tone and wording.

I don't have a child in GDA, and have no interest in it, yet I do know just a tad bit of information about it and most every other league and level of play here in NTX, oh and STX, and some surrounding areas.

I am lucky enough to spend my weekends actually recording or viewing tape of boys and girls from a wide range of ages from all the various leagues from all the areas.... Is there a good amount of talent in GDA, yes... Is it the majority... NOPE.

That is a fact based on the maaaannny hours of actual footage I have on file from working with clients.

Kudos to anyone that has managed to navigate this maze and helped their DD or BB become one of those many beautiful footballers I've had the pleasure of seeing play.  Keep it up!

To assume DA is or will quickly become the only place to find talent... Is short sighted and an example of one reason why this country falls short on talent identification.

Just listen to Sunil Gulatis speech yesterday... His arrogance when he references DA... Par for the course.

Thanks ATP, and you're probably right when it comes to my wording ... I should work on that.

No doubt that working the video sticks as much as you say you do would give you more knowledge of the allocation of talent than most any of us.  Having said that and in reading your post here, I'm curious.  You mentioned that it's a fact that most of the talent lies outside of the DA.  Given that the DA has long been recognized as the highest youth level for the boys, that the same can be said for the ECNL for the girls, and nearly all of the U17 and below ECNL participants last year are now on their respective club's DA teams, where exactly is most of the talent now?

I would have thought that a large % of talent is on DA teams, but nice to see some factual insight from someone not named BigE.

If "nearly all" of the U17 and below ECNL participants last year are now on their respective club's DA teams, and only 3 of the 5 ECNL clubs have DA teams, where did those players go whose club didn't offer DA?

Did "nearly all" of them move to DA as well?  If they remained with their ECNL clubs, doesn't that leave a large amount of talent in ECNL?

Yes -- I do agree SoS ... it is refreshing isn't it?  I've always respected ATP.

And yes -- I should have clarified.  "Nearly all" was in reference to the big 3.  From what I've seen, the majority of Sting and D'Feet ECNL players from last year, stayed put.  The gist of my point however, is that it'd be difficult to believe that if the other 2 did have GDA this year, that those ECNL players from last year wouldn't have made the jump.  

And if we're being honest with each other, the larger amount of the ECNL talent last year was at the clubs that now have GDA.  Same as it is across most to the country ... most of the top ECNL teams from last year are now the top GDA teams.
No doubt if Sting and Feet had GDA the top girls/teams would have made the jump. If I understood you correctly.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1622
Points : 3346
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Big Ern on 05/02/18, 01:50 pm

Affirmative KC!

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 818
Points : 2213
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by SickofStupidity on 06/02/18, 07:16 am

SickofStupidity wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
Blob wrote:"Thanks ATP, and you're probably right when it comes to my wording ... I should work on that" - UNDERSTATEMENT

You say that many of us are "ignorant" or have no clue about GDA. My kiddo is on a GDA affiliated club. She's played with (for years) many IN the DA. I am close friends with many DA families and know of their experiences. She's on a team with at least 4 young ladies right now that are EASILY GDA quality. Those previously mentioned circumstances and logistics don't make DA the best option for a great many. If you have this great eye for talent then you certainly shouldn't be myopic enough to think there's not a huge amount of talent out there at ALL levels and ALL leagues. Absolutely, the greatest concentration of this will be funneled up to whatever iteration/league there is this week. However, just perhaps consider laying off with the elitist talk a wee bit, eh?

Ps - footy is soccer.  Ever been to Australia to watch some footie on the Telly?  (Yet another pompous thing...you enjoy pulling at words and phrases you deem incorrect a bit - a little sophomoric methinks)

So by me saying that I believe the majority of talent in NTX is participating in DA, having 1 of my kids playing on a DA team, and by simply being willing to defend it, makes me an elitist?  ... Well then ... that makes sense  Shocked

And if your kiddo has played for years IN the DA, then you must be right ... more experience than any of us around here ... and on the planet, right?

And is it a coincidence that most of you 'DA is bad' guys (not you Blob ... you just know them) all have kids that could easily play on that level but choose not to.  I'd be curious as to what those DA coaches would have to say about that ... But that's not going to happen because those girls want so badly to play high school ball -- cool.  I will tell you though that if you asked 10 of those kids out there competing at the DA level, 9 of them would tell you they didn't give it a second thought ... just sayin'.

And regarding your "previously mentioned circumstances" -- I've heard this now a few times here recently ... You know the ones -- 'There are elite kids out there that have logistical, family, or financial issues'.  Of course there are ... And many are playing on DA teams via scholarship and ridesharing opportunities.  I know kids from South Oak Cliff, Mansfield, Greenville, even Oklahoma on DA rosters this year.  I've seen many many coming from broken homes and abusive domestic situations.  Bottom line is ... We all know that there is plenty of talent not participating in DA -- kinda like we all know that the sky is blue.  But If a kid is good enough and has the desire, he or she will be playing wherever they like regardless.

Oh, and Footy.  Played it myself a time or two.  Australian Rules Football.  How embarrassing.  You can catch it on the Ocho on Wednesdays after midnight.


So in all (rare) seriousness - given the limited number of DA spots available . . . are you saying that numerous kids currently on DA teams could be "easily" replaced by the kids of skeptics, naysayers and "DA is bad" parents?


crickets

maybe you got distracted responding to jack

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 817
Points : 2297
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Big Ern on 06/02/18, 07:51 am

"So in all (rare) seriousness - given the limited number of DA spots available . . . are you saying that numerous kids currently on DA teams could be "easily" replaced by the kids of skeptics, naysayers and "DA is bad" parents?"

no.

(was it worth the wait?)

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 818
Points : 2213
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by SickofStupidity on 06/02/18, 08:10 am

So can you explain how most of the 'DA is bad' guys all have kids that could "easily play on that level", but would not "easily" replace kids on a DA team?

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 817
Points : 2297
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Big Ern on 06/02/18, 08:28 am

SickofStupidity wrote:So can you explain how most of the 'DA is bad' guys all have kids that could "easily play on that level", but would not "easily" replace kids on a DA team?  

Sure SoS ...

Sarcasm.  

Which I laid on awfully thick here ... "And is it a coincidence that most of you 'DA is bad' guys (not you Blob ... you just know them) all have kids that could easily play on that level but choose not to.  I'd be curious as to what those DA coaches would have to say about that ... But that's not going to happen because those girls want so badly to play high school ball -- cool.  I will tell you though that if you asked 10 of those kids out there competing at the DA level, 9 of them would tell you they didn't give it a second thought ... just sayin'."

Actually less sarcasm there ^ than I thought ... a bit more more 'matter of fact' wasn't it?

Per usual, most of your people (Wink) have trouble reading through my posts.  Guessing it's the disdain ... But more often than not, there is a point early in your reading them that really gets the ole hackles up and it immediately throws you guys off --

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 818
Points : 2213
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by SickofStupidity on 06/02/18, 08:50 am

Well thanks partner.

Maybe I should get her out to one of those "elite" invite-only soccer training programs offered by some some of those "we know better than club soccer" private outfits.  Wink

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 817
Points : 2297
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Michael Brown highlights

Post by Big Ern on 06/02/18, 08:53 am


I think that ^ is a super idea!

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 818
Points : 2213
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum