North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Announcing New Club Invites - Page 12 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

Announcing New Club Invites

Page 12 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next

Go down

Announcing New Club Invites - Page 12 Empty Re: Announcing New Club Invites

Post by ForReal 02/03/18, 11:34 pm

Has this actually been announced? I haven't seen arelease from ECNL. If accurate, then it's a bad sign for ECNL. Are they better than Sting Austin? Yes. But I think they will be in the bottom of close to bottom of every age group. Very little depth. Perhaps they pick up some Energy players, but that's really a poor bet.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer 02/03/18, 11:37 pm

Again, if you are concerned about Celtic in ECNL, shouldn't you also be concerned about Energy in DA? Celtic has better teams than Energy on the girls side.

918soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 02/03/18, 11:44 pm

918soccer wrote:Again, if you are concerned about Celtic in ECNL, shouldn't you also be concerned about Energy in DA? Celtic has better teams than Energy.

Sure. TSC and OFC should be ECNL if 1 or more NTX teams leave DA. Neither should be DA. And only 1-2 NTX teams should be DA. Celtic shouldn't be ECNL. Please show me some data that Celtic has better teams than Energy. Energy has a lot more depth and could build stronger teams. And the younger teams are considerably better.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by OkieEnergyDad 03/03/18, 12:46 am

918soccer wrote:State Cup is just a tournament Okie, not the criteria for DA. Not all teams play in the USYS State Cup and some teams like 05 TSC played in the 04 division last year. It's not a perfect representation of the quality of a club.

Not sure if you were mis-informed or flat out lying. TSC 05 did not play up in the 04 State Cup. That is completely and totally wrong. All Celtic teams played in the state cup if they qualified. It is a very good representation because it is the best team of each club playing each other. The only club this doesn't apply to is TSC because their best teams are already playing ECNL. All the other clubs in the state worth anything all want to win State. Please don't just make up stuff to defend the Celtic getting into ECNL. If you want to argue ranking over field results, then you have zero credibility.
OkieEnergyDad
OkieEnergyDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by OkieEnergyDad 03/03/18, 12:47 am

918soccer wrote:Again, if you are concerned about Celtic in ECNL, shouldn't you also be concerned about Energy in DA? Celtic has better teams than Energy on the girls side.

better teams on what planet? stop with the lies...
OkieEnergyDad
OkieEnergyDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer 03/03/18, 01:14 am

How about we see how both clubs do in their respective leagues next year and evaluate then? If Energy does better than Celtic you can tell me you told me so and vise versa.

918soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer 03/03/18, 01:33 am

OkieEnergyDad wrote:
918soccer wrote:State Cup is just a tournament Okie, not the criteria for DA. Not all teams play in the USYS State Cup and some teams like 05 TSC played in the 04 division last year. It's not a perfect representation of the quality of a club.

Not sure if you were mis-informed or flat out lying.  TSC 05 did not play up in the 04 State Cup.  That is completely and totally wrong.  All Celtic teams played in the state cup if they qualified.  It is a very good representation because it is the best team of each club playing each other.  The only club this doesn't apply to is TSC because their best teams are already playing ECNL.  All the other clubs in the state worth anything all want to win State.  Please don't just make up stuff to defend the Celtic getting into ECNL.  If you want to argue ranking over field results, then you have zero credibility.  

You seem to have a lot of pinned up anger towards Celtic and/or TSC and I’m not exactly sure what point you are trying to debate. My DD is on the 05 ECNL team. We did not play state cup last year and played up the year before.

In case your wondering, 05 TSC beat 04 OFC 2-0 in the state cup.

https://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/event.aspx?EventID=50944&GroupID=519624

Regarding the 2017 state cup,  Celtic beat OFC in bracket and OFC beat Celtic in the finals. Is that your evidence of superiority? IT’S ONE TOURNAMENT AND YOU SPLIT GAMES! On top of that, Celtic made it to the finals of every single age group in the 2017 State Cup. That’s a pretty tall feat for any club, let alone one that’s a fifth of the size of Energy. Look, it doesn’t matter if you compare rankings or state cup performances, both show Energy to have one or two good teams and Celtic to have good teams in every age group. I will leave it up to the forum to decide which makes for a better club.

https://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/event.aspx?EventID=56469&GroupID=584011

918soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ole Soccer Balls 03/03/18, 07:57 am

Ahhhh! Another TSC guy trying to convince everyone how good a club NYSA is, love it..... Anyone who knows anything about soccer knows NYSA is a decent club at best. Stop trying to defend NYSA, it’s a big reach for ECNL to invite Them in. How do the TSC teams stack up in ECNL?

Big Ole Soccer Balls
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 03/03/18, 07:57 am

The phat cats are crying Okie. The chronies have been on the gravy train since ECNL started. We all know pay to play is broken and is only for the ones that can pay. There's lots of talent being left behind.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 03/03/18, 08:00 am

Cry me a river we got more teams and the talent even more spread out for the pay to play so what's next? This is just the start of the changes in the landscape.

Watch "Justin Timberlake - Cry Me A River (Official)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/DksSPZTZES0

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ole Soccer Balls 03/03/18, 08:24 am

One thing OFC does have to worry about if they do indeed land a DA bid is their 04' and 03' age groups are awful. However, I think people forget that the Energy DA teams would be comprised of OFC/Blitz/Canadian Valley players, not to mention any other kids that want to play DA that are not currently in the club. So, to try and compare NYSA to Energy is a joke. Also, TSC won't attract all the top Tulsa players like they have in the years past or some top players from OKC that went to TSC for the ECNL, because they were not in an elite league. So, don't get swept away in Med Mans river as the landscape is a changing.

Big Ole Soccer Balls
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TulsaFootballDad 03/03/18, 08:27 am

Elephantitus we are mid pack in almost every age group every year. That may not be be tops but Dallas is a different beast compared to Oklahoma. We dont have the population of DFW. When you consider that we are doing just fine against the bigs in Texas. I know snotrag that you like talking trash but we can hold our own. If you want to be serious tell us all who your kid plays for and what age group then we can have a real discussion. If you want to just snark then maybe being that keyboard warrior is best for your 300 pound testes.

Last edited by TulsaFootballDad on 03/03/18, 08:38 am; edited 1 time in total
TulsaFootballDad
TulsaFootballDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TulsaFootballDad 03/03/18, 08:34 am

Oh right TSC has been so worried about the talent levels from OFC/Blitz and Canadian Valley. We have consistently beat them all over the years. Your talking out your blow hole. We have very few players that come from the west side of the state those players usually go to Dallas. So no big loss. We will see how many Energy players move over to Celtic to play ECNL next year. Besides we are still awaiting the new DA club announcements. If you believe every DA Club and team is the Elite of the Elite maybe a cold shower will wake you from that opiod dream your living.
TulsaFootballDad
TulsaFootballDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ole Soccer Balls 03/03/18, 08:35 am

TulsaFootballDad wrote:Elephantitus we are mid pack in almost every age group every year. That may not be be tops but Dallas is a different beast compared to Oklahoma. We dont have the population of DFW. When you consider that we are doing just fine. I know snotrag that you like talking trash but we can hold our own. If you want to be serious tell us all who your kid plays for and what age group then we can have a real discussion. If you want to just snark then maybe being that keyboard warrior is best for your 300 pound testes.

Again, I'm not starting a fight, just a healthy conversation. I was seriously asking how TSC stacks up in the ECNL, as I wouldn't expect them to compete for championships in the ECNL, but that's not what its all about, I get it... I was just pointing out that if TSC is middle of the pack in ECNL then more than likely a club like NYSA will be the bottom feeders, no denying that. Its nothing against NYSA, but just the truth. You are very defensive of your TSC club, love the team spirit, but I think you have a case of little man syndrome. Relax!! Sounds like your DD plays for a very good club and team that you obviously feel is the best place for DD to play and grow, after all that's the most important factor isn't it?

Big Ole Soccer Balls
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ole Soccer Balls 03/03/18, 08:40 am

TulsaFootballDad wrote:Oh right TSC has been so worried about the talent levels from OFC/Blitz and Canadian Valley. We have consistently beat them all over the years. Your talking out your blow hole. We have very few players that come from the west side of the state those players usually go to Dallas. So no big loss. We will see how many Energy players move over to Celtic to play ECNL next year. Besides we are still awaiting the new DA club announcements. If you believe every DA Club and team is the Elite of the Elite maybe a cold shower will wake you from that opiod dream your living.

TSC recruits Blitz players every year, and from what I hear if you check the younger age groups TSC doesn't dominate like they once did.... why is that? Oh because they aren't relying on Blitz to develop their players. After the 05' age group I'm not sure TSC has the top team in any of the lower leagues. So, good luck.... we know why you are so defensive. The landscape is a changing.... I think I just felt one of your tears hit me.

Big Ole Soccer Balls
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Defender_Dad 03/03/18, 08:42 am

918soccer wrote:
OkieEnergyDad wrote:

Not sure if you were mis-informed or flat out lying.  TSC 05 did not play up in the 04 State Cup.  That is completely and totally wrong.  All Celtic teams played in the state cup if they qualified.  It is a very good representation because it is the best team of each club playing each other.  The only club this doesn't apply to is TSC because their best teams are already playing ECNL.  All the other clubs in the state worth anything all want to win State.  Please don't just make up stuff to defend the Celtic getting into ECNL.  If you want to argue ranking over field results, then you have zero credibility.  

You seem to have a lot of pinned up anger towards Celtic and/or TSC and I’m not exactly sure what point you are trying to debate. My DD is on the 05 ECNL team. We did not play state cup last year and played up the year before.

Regarding the 2017 state cup,  Celtic beat OFC in bracket and OFC beat Celtic in the finals. Is that your evidence of superiority? IT’S ONE TOURNAMENT AND YOU SPLIT GAMES! On top of that, Celtic made it to the finals of every single age group in the 2017 State Cup. That’s a pretty tall feat for any club, let alone one that’s a fifth of the size of Energy. Look, it doesn’t matter if you compare rankings or state cup performances, both show Energy to have one or two good teams and Celtic to have good teams in every age group. I will leave it up to the forum to decide which makes for a better club.

Ok. Gotta admit, I don't follow Oklahoma soccer being that I'm not from there. As far as I'm concerned, you play who play and do your best. But are you guys quarreling over 4 clubs or 2. Who's Energy, NYSA, OFC and Celtic?
Defender_Dad
Defender_Dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TulsaFootballDad 03/03/18, 08:42 am

I agree that you choose the best you can for you DD and yes when we get harped on for being mid pack that is coming from clubs with a lot more players to pull from. If you look at results we pull more than our weight. We enjoy playing the caliber of teams in Dallas. It is hard to say that Celtic will be the bottom of the table just yet let them play and i believe you will see a better product than you are giving them credit for.

Last edited by TulsaFootballDad on 03/03/18, 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
TulsaFootballDad
TulsaFootballDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TulsaFootballDad 03/03/18, 08:47 am

Big we do not steal players from Blitz they are our local rivals and usually the kids that want the better competition move to TSC in Academy way before ECNL. Just as DFW bigs have been taking players from other clubs such as Liverpool for years i don’t see a difference in your arguement.

NYSC is known as Celtic, hey have been invited to ECNL, Energy is a combination of Canadian Valley, OFC, and Blitz from Tulsa.

As far as depth of age groups, the 06’s and 07’s from TSC just played in the Jr ECNL event in Houston 2 weeks ago and won both their age groups.

Last edited by TulsaFootballDad on 03/03/18, 08:52 am; edited 1 time in total
TulsaFootballDad
TulsaFootballDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Defender_Dad 03/03/18, 08:50 am

TulsaFootballDad wrote:Oh right TSC has been so worried about the talent levels from OFC/Blitz and Canadian Valley. We have consistently beat them all over the years. Your talking out your blow hole. We have very few players that come from the west side of the state those players usually go to Dallas. So no big loss. We will see how many Energy players move over to Celtic to play ECNL next year. Besides we are still awaiting the new DA club announcements. If you believe every DA Club and team is the Elite of the Elite maybe a cold shower will wake you from that opiod dream your living.

Uh-oh. You done done it now. The Big Backtracker, aka Big E, is gonna get you know. You don't care say that all the uber elite teams and players don't play on the DA teams. That's blasphemy.
Defender_Dad
Defender_Dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TulsaFootballDad 03/03/18, 08:53 am

Hush lets just mention FCKC where they at now.
TulsaFootballDad
TulsaFootballDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ole Soccer Balls 03/03/18, 08:54 am

TulsaFootballDad wrote:I agree that you choose the best you can for you DD and yes when we get harped on for being mid pack that is coming from clubs will a lot more players to pull from. If you look at results we pull more than our weight. We enjoy playing the caliber of teams in Dallas. It is hard to say that Celtic will be the bottom of the table just yet let them play and i believe you will see a better product  than you are giving them credit for.

I agree that even though TSC may not win everything, getting to play the top clubs in NTX is about as good as it gets and great for everyone's development and growth. Its is about competition and seeing where you stack up against top competition.

That's true, should they get the ECNL they will draw a few more players, especially if Energy doesn't get DA. So, yes they might put out a better product than I am imagining right now. Good for NYSA, if they can compete and make it work good for the girls associated with the club.

Big Ole Soccer Balls
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ole Soccer Balls 03/03/18, 08:56 am

TulsaFootballDad wrote:Big we do not steal players from Blitz they are our local rivals and usually the kids that want the better competition move to TSC in Academy way before ECNL. Just as DFW bigs have been taking players from other clubs such as Liverpool for years i don’t see a difference in your arguement.

NYSC is known as Celtic, hey have been invited to ECNL, Energy is a combination of Canadian Valley, OFC, and Blitz from Tulsa.

As far as depth of age groups, the 06’s and 07’s from TSC just played in the Jr ECNL event in Houston 2 weeks ago and won both their age groups.

Well, TSC is not the best team in OK at either age group, so that just shows there might actually be some good soccer being played in OK.

Big Ole Soccer Balls
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer 03/03/18, 09:28 am

Big Ole Soccer Balls wrote:

TSC recruits Blitz players every year, and from what I hear if you check the younger age groups TSC doesn't dominate like they once did.... why is that? Oh because they aren't relying on Blitz to develop their players. After the 05' age group I'm not sure TSC has the top team in any of the lower leagues. So, good luck.... we know why you are so defensive. The landscape is a changing.... I think I just felt one of your tears hit me.

The only two good girls teams at Blitz are the 06 and 05 teams and they moved from TSC. From what I hear, most are moving back because they don't want to travel 25 hours a week for practice in OKC for lower coaching and competition. DA is going to ruin Blitz.

918soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer 03/03/18, 09:35 am

Big Ole Soccer Balls wrote:One thing OFC does have to worry about if they do indeed land a DA bid is their 04' and 03' age groups are awful. However, I think people forget that the Energy DA teams would be comprised of OFC/Blitz/Canadian Valley players, not to mention any other kids that want to play DA that are not currently in the club. So, to try and compare NYSA to Energy is a joke. Also, TSC won't attract all the top Tulsa players like they have in the years past or some top players from OKC that went to TSC for the ECNL, because they were not in an elite league. So, don't get swept away in Med Mans river as the landscape is a changing.

What about their 02 and 01 teams?

918soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by OkieEnergyDad 03/03/18, 09:45 am

918soccer wrote:
OkieEnergyDad wrote:

2 years ago!  I know for a fact TSC 05 didn't play in state cup last year.  That is what we were talking about when you said they played up.  You want to pull some random info about TSC from 5 years ago to prove a point for Celtic, go ahead...makes literally no sense about what we are talking about...

Evidence of superiority is so clear a blind man can see it!  Celtic did not play in the finals in U16, U17 there is another lie.  Celtic made it to the finals in many ages and won zero matches when it mattered most. That is head to head losses vs OFC in 5 age groups.  Are you really going to say how strong their club is when they lose 5 head to head matches for state championships?  I am at a loss.  If my club won zero state championships, lost 5 head to head matches to another club I wouldn't be praising how great my club was because of rankings!!!  LOL
OkieEnergyDad
OkieEnergyDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by OkieEnergyDad 03/03/18, 09:49 am

918soccer wrote:
Big Ole Soccer Balls wrote:

The only two good girls teams at Blitz are the 06 and 05 teams and they moved from TSC. From what I hear, most are moving back because they don't want to travel 25 hours a week for practice in OKC for lower coaching and competition. DA is going to ruin Blitz.

Talking TSC is what 918 is all about. Somehow a discussion about Celtic comes back to how great TSC is...LOL

I have to know if you think the 05 coach, Hampton is lesser coaching...
OkieEnergyDad
OkieEnergyDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next