Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Latest topics
Good luck at Premier SupercopaToday at 11:56 amProphAC
FBR09 Rankings June 20th, 2018Today at 11:56 amnTxsoccRfan
NTX Celtic Bartlow Looking for PlayersToday at 11:55 amCelticBartlow
FC FAST - Open Practice and TryoutsToday at 11:49 amFCFAST06B
NTX Celtic 06G Bartlow in Flower Mound adding playersToday at 11:48 amCelticBartlow
Coaching QuestionToday at 11:42 am05gpennmanager
FC Dallas West - starting 08sToday at 11:36 amacademysoccerkeller
Sting West 05G Guerra Open Practice/TrainingToday at 11:35 amSTING WEST 2018
2018-2019 DA and ECNL TeamsToday at 11:32 amPelepelepele
Manchester SC 07 Boys Open TryoutsToday at 11:32 amhelms.soccer07
Open Tryouts for Dallas Texans 05Central GirlsToday at 11:16 amCoach Jason
Dallas Texans Central 10 Boys looking to add new playersToday at 11:13 amCoach Jason
Dallas Texans Central 11 Boys looking to add new playersToday at 11:12 amCoach Jason
04 Boys Teams - SPORTS CAPITAL CLASSIC - AUSTIN (Aug 10-12)Today at 10:33 amU90C
FC Dallas '01 West-LHGCL DI/Frontier Conference(SRPL)Today at 10:31 amHoneybadger
TEXAS SPURS 05G LOOKING FOR A FEW KEY PLAYERSToday at 10:29 amFierceLightning
D'feeters 04 Willis - Open Practice Tonight - LHGCL D1Today at 10:27 amD'feeters04SoccerMom
FCD 00 Girls Premier Today at 10:19 amfcdakp2213
SOLAR SOUTH 03 ADAMES - LH D1 - OPEN PRACTICEToday at 10:18 amSS03GA
Solar 07G Jensen: Allen, Frisco, Plano, McKinneyToday at 10:18 amworldsoccer
D'feeters Kicks 06Today at 10:17 amFeet06
Elite Futbol 06B in McKinney TX Looking for PlayersToday at 10:15 amEFC-Soccer
Solar 03 KenningtonToday at 09:52 amBig Ern
Looking for 04B playersToday at 09:50 amBoyssoccer
Sting West 06 RigsbyToday at 09:43 amSEAOTTER

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 12357 registered users
The newest registered user is LoveDallas

Our users have posted a total of 177375 messages in 23208 subjects

Where are the 12Gs?

Go down

Where are the 12Gs?

Post by Dread Pirate on 31/01/18, 09:23 pm

Seems like when my older daughters were U6, there was an abundance of teams playing in various leagues and tourneys. Has that changed? I can’t seem to find much in terms of teams or leagues with quality U6G teams, and the age bracket never makes for this age group in regular tourneys or even 3v3s. Anyone have any insight?

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: Where are the 12Gs?

Post by DeltaTauChi on 31/01/18, 11:23 pm

All of the best ones are in DA-care programs at FCD, Solar, and Texans.  USSF won't allow them to play in any outside tournaments.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern on 02/02/18, 02:07 am

Dread Pirate wrote:Seems like when my older daughters were U6, there was an abundance of teams playing in various leagues and tourneys.  Has that changed?  I can’t seem to find much in terms of teams or leagues with quality U6G teams, and the age bracket never makes for this age group in regular tourneys or even 3v3s.  Anyone have any insight?  

Insight --

In general (in my opinion), parents shouldn't have their kindergartners playing competitive soccer at all and certainly shouldn't be paying a club monthly dues to have their 5 year old out there in a group amongst 20 other tikes being run through "drills" and is being "coached" by a bottom rung kid that just dropped out of community college and is on his phone Snapchatting more than interacting with the little ones.

(I may have seen this happen a few too many times and I throw up in my mouth a little bit everytime I think about a parent putting their kid in an environment like this because they simply don't know any better)

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Dread Pirate on 02/02/18, 02:40 am

I wasn’t asking for that info or advice Ern- although I generally agree with you. My babydd happily plays rec and is by no means the superstar or ready for any academy level coaching. I’m still trying to convince her to flush the toilet for crying out loud.

I was really just wondering if the landscape has changed. I know my 06 played in a bunch of 3v3s at U6 and UAL ran a U6 league out at RE Good when my 08 was that age. Whereas my babydd’s team signed up for the thanksgiving and Christmas 3v3s this year and none of those made in her age and gender group. Those would have been packed 4 years ago. Same thing for indoor leagues- they just aren’t making at u6 at least on the girls side.

I’m sure that the participation level will change as the age group gets to U7 and beyond, and I really don’t care either way. Was just curious why it seems so different than just a few years ago.

Who knows maybe it’s the same as it’s always been and I’m just old and forgetful.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity on 02/02/18, 09:35 am

Big Ern wrote:
Dread Pirate wrote:Seems like when my older daughters were U6, there was an abundance of teams playing in various leagues and tourneys.  Has that changed?  I can’t seem to find much in terms of teams or leagues with quality U6G teams, and the age bracket never makes for this age group in regular tourneys or even 3v3s.  Anyone have any insight?  

Insight --

In general (in my opinion), parents shouldn't have their kindergartners playing competitive soccer at all and certainly shouldn't be paying a club monthly dues to have their 5 year old out there in a group amongst 20 other tikes being run through "drills" and is being "coached" by a bottom rung kid that just dropped out of community college and is on his phone Snapchatting more than interacting with the little ones.

(I may have seen this happen a few too many times and I throw up in my mouth a little bit everytime I think about a parent putting their kid in an environment like this because they simply don't know any better)

In all honesty BigE - you made my Friday.

I can always count on you to deliver insight and humor, with just the right touch of condescension and arrogance.

Not sure which part I found more amusing

- the fact that no one actually asked for advice on U12 club soccer, but we all knew you would show up to give yours

- yes, after couching your response with "in my opinion", adding everytime a parent puts their kid in this environment because they simply don't know any better - because apparently you do know better everytime?

- the broad generalization regarding the "bottom rung kids" the clubs (apparently yours as well?) assign to coach 5 year-olds

- or the dismissive nature in general of "paying a club monthly dues to have their 5 year old out there in a group amongst 20 other tikes being run through "drills" and is being "coached"" . . . when non-club options include "elite" invite-only soccer programs for 4-year olds that train and participate in leagues and play games as a team.  
Shyte BigE - that would be sorta like, say, a tax preparer saying that people with basic tax returns simply don't know any better than to take their return to a Big5, where it will be prepared by interns on Snapshat . . . while preparing returns on the side.

So thank you Ern, haven't laughed this hard in awhile.

Carry on!

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ProDallas on 02/02/18, 10:10 am

Regarding indoor for this age level, I believe Inwood Soccer Center has a league serving this age group. Sole Roll used to before it lost its lease.
ProDallas
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dread Pirate on 02/02/18, 10:26 am

Thanks Pro- I’ll check it out

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ProDallas on 02/02/18, 10:31 am

Just checked and PSA also has a U6 option for indoor.
ProDallas
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum