Latest topics
New Team - Dallas Texans 10G Mochel!Today at 05:45 pmTexansMochel
New Team - Dallas Texans MochelToday at 05:45 pmTexansMochel
05 Boys Teams - U90C LABOR DAY OPEN (Aug 30th-Sept 2nd)Today at 04:33 pmU90C
09 Boys Teams - U90C LABOR DAY OPEN (Aug 30th-Sept 2nd)Today at 04:32 pmU90C
08 Boys Teams - U90C LABOR DAY OPEN (Aug 30th-Sept 2nd)Today at 04:31 pmU90C
06 Boys Teams - U90C LABOR DAY OPEN (Aug 30th-Sept 2nd)Today at 04:30 pmU90C
07 Boys Teams - U90C LABOR DAY OPEN (Aug 30th-Sept 2nd)Today at 04:29 pmU90C
11 Boys Teams - U90C LABOR DAY OPEN (Aug 30th-Sept 2nd)Today at 04:28 pmU90C
11 Girls Teams - U90C LABOR DAY OPEN (Aug 30th-Sept 2nd)Today at 04:27 pmU90C
10 Girls Teams - U90C LABOR DAY OPEN (Aug 30th-Sept 2nd)Today at 04:26 pmU90C
08 Girls Teams - U90C LABOR DAY OPEN (Aug 30th-Sept 2nd)Today at 04:25 pmU90C
DKSC - 1 Spot for Guest PlayersToday at 12:29 pmhailiesdad
Dallas Kicks - 2 Spots for Guest PlayersToday at 12:25 pmhailiesdad
Need to find a team...Today at 12:24 pmhailiesdad
What is the big deal with LHGCLYesterday at 05:14 pmBENDMEOVER
07 Girls Teams - U90C LABOR DAY OPEN (Aug 30th-Sept 2nd)Yesterday at 02:26 pmU90C
DPL Schedule?Yesterday at 02:05 pmcoachdom23
Trophy Club 2007 Girls : 1 Spot AvailableYesterday at 01:19 pmTCtexasmom
Big News Boys DA U18/19Yesterday at 12:52 pmBENDMEOVER
Lake Highlands - is it worth it? Yesterday at 12:19 pmBENDMEOVER
05 Girls Teams - U90C LABOR DAY OPEN (Aug 30th-Sept 2nd)Yesterday at 10:04 amU90C
09 Girls Teams - U90C LABOR DAY OPEN (Aug 30th-Sept 2nd)Yesterday at 10:03 amU90C
02 Boys Teams - U90C LABOR DAY OPEN (Aug 30th-Sept 2nd)Yesterday at 10:02 amU90C
10 Boys Teams - U90C LABOR DAY OPEN (Aug 30th-Sept 2nd)Yesterday at 09:59 amU90C
Solar 2010G ID Camp EastYesterday at 08:10 amThe Dean
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now? - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 13585 registered users
The newest registered user is Kedrick

Our users have posted a total of 193591 messages in 27147 subjects

I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now?

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now? - Page 4 Empty Re: I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now?

Post by Guest on 05/02/18, 03:00 pm

JDL is a joke when used like it’s being used.


Last edited by Soccerscrub11 on 05/02/18, 04:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now? - Page 4 Empty Re: I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now?

Post by Big Ern on 05/02/18, 03:37 pm

Soccerscrub11 wrote:JDL is a joke when used like it’s being used.  Drive N hour and play 6 minutes for one of the kids on the team.  

Lovin' this stuff ^

So by this rationale, the entire league and concept is a "joke" because a coach allegedly played a kid only 6 minutes in a match.  Smart.

Since you've written this as many times in the same thread as you have ... I'm sure it's some else's kid that got the shaft

Wink

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1079
Points : 2928
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now? - Page 4 Empty Re: I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now?

Post by ColtMcVince on 05/02/18, 03:41 pm

It’s a joke for many other reasons Big E. He’s just pointing out one of them.

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 169
Points : 2459
Join date : 2013-05-13

Back to top Go down

I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now? - Page 4 Empty Re: I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now?

Post by Big Ern on 05/02/18, 03:43 pm

Ahhh ... gotcha.

What are the many other reasons?

(asking for a friend)

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1079
Points : 2928
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now? - Page 4 Empty Re: I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now?

Post by Guest on 05/02/18, 03:50 pm

No it’s a joke because some coaches treat it like real games and others use it the correct way. Coaches suppose to pool and pick a group and go. That way you can see some kids that are not necessarily on your normal team. Some clubs pull out all strings to win while others try kids in different positions. It actually was not my kid. It was another parents and the parent was livid. However, have been there before.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now? - Page 4 Empty Re: I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now?

Post by ColtMcVince on 05/02/18, 03:52 pm

1) positioning it as a developmental league where players will move around and tactics not considering outcome of game will be taught. Isn’t happening.
2). Playing games to win, in spite of the above, which limits player movement to other positions. (I.e forwards play forward and defenders play defense)
3) they don’t keep score.
4) the league has unnecessarily watered down the NTX player pool.
5) one of the NTX teams barely has enough players rostered to put forth a team and brings in hired guns to stay competitive.
6) when this league goes away, then what? (Back to the original title of this thread)

All of the above done apply to everyone but a few of my thoughts for ya.

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 169
Points : 2459
Join date : 2013-05-13

Back to top Go down

I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now? - Page 4 Empty Re: I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now?

Post by Big Ern on 05/02/18, 04:06 pm

ColtMcVince wrote:1) positioning it as a developmental league where players will move around and tactics not considering outcome of game will be taught.  Isn’t happening.

Seen it happen many times (as recently as yesterday in fact) ... both first hand and as an unbiased observer.

2). Playing games to win, in spite of the above, which limits player movement to other positions. (I.e forwards play forward and defenders play defense)

Surely you didn't expect some of the coaches and players wouldn't play to win did you?  And see above.

3) they don’t keep score.

And?  how is this at all relevant to your contention that JDL is a joke?

4) the league has unnecessarily watered down the NTX player pool.

How so?  All of the participants are still in North Texas aren't they?

5) one of the NTX teams barely has enough players rostered to put forth a team and brings in hired guns to stay competitive.

And?  Is this the fault of JDL or that particular club?  Since you know the answer, how is this at all relevant to your argument?

6) when this league goes away, then what? (Back to the original title of this thread)

If it does, I'd guess the teams that are of age will generally make up the ECNL rosters at their respective clubs, and those that aren't of age, will play in LHGCL next year?  What's your guess?

All of the above done apply to everyone but a few of my thoughts for ya.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1079
Points : 2928
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now? - Page 4 Empty Re: I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now?

Post by Big Ern on 05/02/18, 04:08 pm

Soccerscrub11 wrote:No it’s a joke because some coaches treat it like real games and others use it the correct way.  Coaches suppose to pool and pick a group and go.  That way you can see some kids that are not necessarily on your normal team.  Some clubs pull out all strings to win while others try kids in different positions.  It actually was not my kid.  It was another parents and the parent was livid.  However, have been there before.  

Hmmm ... Is that what you heard?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1079
Points : 2928
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now? - Page 4 Empty Re: I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now?

Post by Medicine Man on 05/02/18, 04:30 pm

Pay to play it's working like clock work.

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 1686
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now? - Page 4 Empty Re: I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now?

Post by coachdom23 on 05/02/18, 06:35 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:
coachdom23 wrote:JDL is no more? What happened?

The parents wanted to keep score.

What a shame. By using JDL to dip their toe in US Club waters, this was going to be LHGCL’s first step toward leaving NTSSA.
coachdom23
coachdom23
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1606
Points : 5851
Join date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now? - Page 4 Empty Re: I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now?

Post by timmyh on 05/02/18, 08:26 pm

Big Ern wrote:
ColtMcVince wrote:1) positioning it as a developmental league where players will move around and tactics not considering outcome of game will be taught.  Isn’t happening.

Seen it happen many times (as recently as yesterday in fact) ... both first hand and as an unbiased observer.

2). Playing games to win, in spite of the above, which limits player movement to other positions. (I.e forwards play forward and defenders play defense)

Surely you didn't expect some of the coaches and players wouldn't play to win did you?  And see above.

3) they don’t keep score.

And?  how is this at all relevant to your contention that JDL is a joke?

4) the league has unnecessarily watered down the NTX player pool.

How so?  All of the participants are still in North Texas aren't they?

5) one of the NTX teams barely has enough players rostered to put forth a team and brings in hired guns to stay competitive.

And?  Is this the fault of JDL or that particular club?  Since you know the answer, how is this at all relevant to your argument?

6) when this league goes away, then what? (Back to the original title of this thread)

If it does, I'd guess the teams that are of age will generally make up the ECNL rosters at their respective clubs, and those that aren't of age, will play in LHGCL next year?  What's your guess?

All of the above done apply to everyone but a few of my thoughts for ya.

Whoda thunk BigErn would eventually become the most logical poster on the forum. Once again killing those pushing some preconceived angle or agenda.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 261
Points : 1767
Join date : 2015-07-22

Back to top Go down

I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now? - Page 4 Empty Re: I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now?

Post by AngelinaGoalee on 06/02/18, 09:19 am

timmyh wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
ColtMcVince wrote:1) positioning it as a developmental league where players will move around and tactics not considering outcome of game will be taught.  Isn’t happening.

Seen it happen many times (as recently as yesterday in fact) ... both first hand and as an unbiased observer.

2). Playing games to win, in spite of the above, which limits player movement to other positions. (I.e forwards play forward and defenders play defense)

Surely you didn't expect some of the coaches and players wouldn't play to win did you?  And see above.

3) they don’t keep score.

And?  how is this at all relevant to your contention that JDL is a joke?

4) the league has unnecessarily watered down the NTX player pool.

How so?  All of the participants are still in North Texas aren't they?

5) one of the NTX teams barely has enough players rostered to put forth a team and brings in hired guns to stay competitive.

And?  Is this the fault of JDL or that particular club?  Since you know the answer, how is this at all relevant to your argument?

6) when this league goes away, then what? (Back to the original title of this thread)

If it does, I'd guess the teams that are of age will generally make up the ECNL rosters at their respective clubs, and those that aren't of age, will play in LHGCL next year?  What's your guess?

All of the above done apply to everyone but a few of my thoughts for ya.

Whoda thunk BigErn would eventually become the most logical poster on the forum. Once again killing those pushing some preconceived angle or agenda.


Yeah...BigE kinda served you with this one Colt. Well not kinda.

I hope you dont respond with the typical "insult" routine.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 490
Points : 2322
Join date : 2014-10-03

Back to top Go down

I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now? - Page 4 Empty Re: I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now?

Post by President Camacho on 06/02/18, 10:18 am

Why doesn't the parent of the 6 minute player talk calmly to their kid and ask them what they learned in the game... If the kid is confused and doesn't know why she warmed the bench, encourage the player to ask the coach. It would be a good life lesson to learn to communicate and not have a parent take care of everything. Especially at this forum age. They can't make a move until the window opens anyways.

And maybe some meditation for the parents of the player... no fun to sit at the pitch for 6 mins on the field, but making a scene will only embarrass the kid.
President Camacho
President Camacho
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 132
Points : 839
Join date : 2017-10-20

Back to top Go down

I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now? - Page 4 Empty Re: I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now?

Post by ColtMcVince on 06/02/18, 10:58 am

I got served Bc Big Ern says what I say isn’t true? I know he thinks he knows everything based on his condescending attitude toward everyone, and I’m sure he knows a hell of a lot more than me about NTX soccer, but just Bc I didn’t respond to his contrarian position isn’t getting served.

The people who are on this board who have an interest in JDL are going to support it. As did I when my daughter played in that league. However, speaking from personal experience, all of the above things do make it a joke — for me. If Big Ern disagrees with me, he can tell me he thinks I’m wrong as he clearly did. It doesn’t make him right anymore than it does me though since I was there and lived in it for a full year and decided to move on bc it wasn’t what I thought it would be. If his daughter is getting what he needs out of it, good for him and his daughter.

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 169
Points : 2459
Join date : 2013-05-13

Back to top Go down

I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now? - Page 4 Empty Re: I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now?

Post by Foxysoccermom on 06/02/18, 12:14 pm

The only thing Bige has ever served on this board is a plate of big club BS.


-Foxy
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 703
Points : 1689
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now? - Page 4 Empty Re: I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now?

Post by AngelinaGoalee on 06/02/18, 12:23 pm

my bad....wasnt speaking in terms of "content" more like delivery and tone. Its all opinionated so in some parts there is no right or wrong.

Collectively....a lot of these debates that have been recycled and reworded over the past few weeks in this forum and are redundant...IMO.

I just dont think you have to Hate GDA/BigE in order to love ECNL or whatever other league your child plays in...and vice versa.

I guess because I've met BigE i cant believe errbody gets their drawers in a wad when he posts. They've made topics and polls about him....He's a celebrity now?


Last edited by AngelinaGoalee on 06/02/18, 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 490
Points : 2322
Join date : 2014-10-03

Back to top Go down

I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now? - Page 4 Empty Re: I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now?

Post by ColtMcVince on 06/02/18, 12:25 pm

Fair. I’m not a frequent visitor or poster so I do apologize if I’m hitting subject matter that has recently been beaten to a pulp.

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 169
Points : 2459
Join date : 2013-05-13

Back to top Go down

I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now? - Page 4 Empty Re: I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now?

Post by AngelinaGoalee on 06/02/18, 12:40 pm

ColtMcVince wrote:Fair.  I’m not a frequent visitor or poster so I do apologize if I’m hitting subject matter that has recently been beaten to a pulp.  


whats beyond a pulp? dust maybe?

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 490
Points : 2322
Join date : 2014-10-03

Back to top Go down

I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now? - Page 4 Empty Re: I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now?

Post by Big Ern on 06/02/18, 01:09 pm

Foxysoccermom wrote:The only thing Bige has ever served on this board is a plate of big club BS.


-Foxy


Couldn't have been a more predictable, redundant, and truly fitting end to a thread which was "BS" based from the get go --

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1079
Points : 2928
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now? - Page 4 Empty Re: I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now?

Post by Foxysoccermom on 06/02/18, 01:53 pm

Big Ern wrote:
Foxysoccermom wrote:The only thing Bige has ever served on this board is a plate of big club BS.


-Foxy


Couldn't have been a more predictable, redundant, and truly fitting end to a thread which was "BS" based from the get go --

You're always the star of the BS threads. Throw you a bone and you come yappin. That's why Foxy luvs ya!
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 703
Points : 1689
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now? - Page 4 Empty Re: I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now?

Post by Foxysoccermom on 06/02/18, 02:05 pm

He's a celebrity now?  BIGE

Yes he is.  Just like a Kardashian. I keep waiting for him to announce he's pregnant.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 703
Points : 1689
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now? - Page 4 Empty Re: I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now?

Post by Hang1053 on 06/02/18, 03:15 pm


Hang1053
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 66
Points : 793
Join date : 2017-09-02

Back to top Go down

I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now? - Page 4 Empty Re: I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now?

Post by Medicine Man on 06/02/18, 06:25 pm

.......BigE having a baby! Whos the daddy?

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 1686
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now? - Page 4 Empty Re: I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now?

Post by SickofStupidity on 07/02/18, 07:19 am

Zizou layin' low until the "Who's the daddy?" talk blows over.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 925
Points : 2859
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now? - Page 4 Empty Re: I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now?

Post by Big Ern on 07/02/18, 10:08 am

SickofStupidity wrote:Zizou layin' low until the "Who's the daddy?" talk blows over.  


And it's literally right there in the name ... "SickofStupidity"

Talk about ironic.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1079
Points : 2928
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now? - Page 4 Empty Re: I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now?

Post by Medicine Man on 07/02/18, 02:08 pm

C'mon Zizou your such a stick in the mud talking about how great things are have a little sense of humor.

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 1686
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now? - Page 4 Empty Re: I took my kid to JDL because ern said to-what do I do now?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum