Latest topics
Liverpool 2011G need players Today at 11:06 amSoccerMom78!
KarmaToday at 10:59 amJohnnyUtah
Chelsea East 04B available for scrimmages Today at 08:42 amGameday 04 New
Lake Highlands schedulesToday at 08:34 amBENDMEOVER
Dallas International Girls Cup-STAY HOME-FAKE TOURNEYToday at 07:10 amBENDMEOVER
TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMSYesterday at 11:58 pmMr. Miyagi
U14 Frontier DivisionYesterday at 09:52 pmSoccerates01
When did this happen? LFC now DFeeters BlackYesterday at 05:15 pmlewi9
Tareyn Blanton chooses Renegades Soccer Club to call home!Yesterday at 01:26 pmsbarton12
Tareyn Blanton chooses Renegades SC to call home Yesterday at 01:21 pmsbarton12
Open Practices in March for Solar Angelone/Colvin Yesterday at 07:34 amSoccer_#1Fan
Lightning Cup 22/03/19, 03:07 pmWTX07Dad
Continuous Horrific Level of Officiating22/03/19, 12:30 pmyellowcard5
12 Girls Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP - May 10-12, 201922/03/19, 10:06 amU90C
09 Boys Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP - May 10-12, 201922/03/19, 10:04 amU90C
08 Boys Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP - May 10-12, 201922/03/19, 10:02 amU90C
05 Boys Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP - May 10-12, 201922/03/19, 10:01 amU90C
09 Girls Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP - May 10-12, 201922/03/19, 09:59 amU90C
07 Girls Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP - May 10-12, 201922/03/19, 09:58 amU90C
07 G or 08 G Looking for 1-2 new players21/03/19, 02:02 pmTCtexasmom
Coppell FC Looking for Professional Coach21/03/19, 12:45 pmHooper214
Coppell FC Looking for Professional Coach21/03/19, 11:30 amCoppellFC
FCUSA 2011g looking for 3-4 players20/03/19, 09:59 pmFCUSARV
FCUSA 09 girls looking to add 2-3 players 20/03/19, 09:49 pmFCUSARV
McKinney United 07G Open Practice - 2-3 players20/03/19, 06:32 pmmikecorich
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Statistics
We have 12965 registered users
The newest registered user is SoccerMom78!

Our users have posted a total of 186124 messages in 24924 subjects

This topic is about absolutely nothing

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Re: This topic is about absolutely nothing

Post by Big Ern on 09/02/18, 07:11 pm

SickofStupidity wrote:
Zizou wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
Zizou wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
Zizou wrote:I’m pretty sure that those clubs being asked to leave are overly concerned.
They should be

Na, they will have a DA2 that will make for easier movement to the top team.
Would make perfect sense if some of these DA2 teams could even compete in ECNL but they can’t so.......

The first year for these brand new ECNL teams for these clubs. In time they will build and grow the second level. Then ECNL teams might need to worry about be beat by a DA2 squad.


Please.

Please explain the difficulty these clubs faced?  If (as some have stated) generally all the best players went to play DA, then there was an open opportunity for the rest to play for any ECNL team.  Why would those clubs who offer the "next step above ECNL" not be able to recruit a large percentage of these players?  

Gotta agree with KC - superior players / athletes, superior coaches, superior development style, practice 4-days per week, daily mental and physical evaluation.

There may not be a need to win while playing GDA games, but you damn well better believe that the pressure will be on for all GDA finals.

I believe I've answered this question for SoSy awhile back, but here goes again ...

While I wouldn't say that the clubs in question faced adversity, I do think that many of those kids that did not make the GDA teams at FCD or Solar, think of themselves (or have parents that think of them) as players that should be playing on the 'top' team in their respective age group at a club.  Therefore, they may have gone to (or stayed with) the ECNL teams at Sting or D'Feeters.  It's likely a combination of this, plus a lack of depth of elite talent which exists at all of the bigs (GDA and ECNL) in NTX, that leads to lackluster '2nd' teams.

And I'd respectively disagree with your (and a few others) thoughts regarding 'the pressure is on" and 'the DIGC finals have to be all GDA or else'.  Pressure on who?  The kids?  Coaches?  C'mon now.  And (outside of KC) who is it that you all think would call GDA an "utter failure" if it's not an all GDA final?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1031
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: This topic is about absolutely nothing

Post by SickofStupidity on 09/02/18, 07:24 pm

Big Ern wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:
Zizou wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
Zizou wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
They should be

Na, they will have a DA2 that will make for easier movement to the top team.
Would make perfect sense if some of these DA2 teams could even compete in ECNL but they can’t so.......

The first year for these brand new ECNL teams for these clubs. In time they will build and grow the second level. Then ECNL teams might need to worry about be beat by a DA2 squad.


Please.

Please explain the difficulty these clubs faced?  If (as some have stated) generally all the best players went to play DA, then there was an open opportunity for the rest to play for any ECNL team.  Why would those clubs who offer the "next step above ECNL" not be able to recruit a large percentage of these players?  

Gotta agree with KC - superior players / athletes, superior coaches, superior development style, practice 4-days per week, daily mental and physical evaluation.

There may not be a need to win while playing GDA games, but you damn well better believe that the pressure will be on for all GDA finals.

I believe I've answered this question for SoSy awhile back, but here goes again ...

While I wouldn't say that the clubs in question faced adversity, I do think that many of those kids that did not make the GDA teams at FCD or Solar, think of themselves (or have parents that think of them) as players that should be playing on the 'top' team in their respective age group at a club.  Therefore, they may have gone to (or stayed with) the ECNL teams at Sting or D'Feeters.  It's likely a combination of this, plus a lack of depth of elite talent which exists at all of the bigs (GDA and ECNL) in NTX, that leads to lackluster '2nd' teams.

And I'd respectively disagree with your (and a few others) thoughts regarding 'the pressure is on" and 'the DIGC finals have to be all GDA or else'.  Pressure on who?  The kids?  Coaches?  C'mon now.  And (outside of KC) who is it that you all think would call GDA an "utter failure" if it's not an all GDA final?


So, what do you think is an appropriate number of DA clubs in NTX?  Have they watered down the product or overextended themselves with 3 NTX clubs?  I think an argument could be made that one of the best things to happen to GDA in NTX was Sting turning down the bid.

IMO, after all the GDA hype, and the claim by a few people that most of the top NTX talent landed on GDA teams, they are gonna look mighty foolish if they can't take their top talent, 4 practices a week, and development style and convert it into consistent wins against lesser talent practicing 2 days per week (excepting those teams that have shown themselves to be out of their league playing GDA).

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 895
Points : 2680
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: This topic is about absolutely nothing

Post by PLAY2FEET!! on 09/02/18, 07:31 pm

SickofStupidity wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:
Zizou wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
Zizou wrote:

Na, they will have a DA2 that will make for easier movement to the top team.
Would make perfect sense if some of these DA2 teams could even compete in ECNL but they can’t so.......

The first year for these brand new ECNL teams for these clubs. In time they will build and grow the second level. Then ECNL teams might need to worry about be beat by a DA2 squad.


Please.

Please explain the difficulty these clubs faced?  If (as some have stated) generally all the best players went to play DA, then there was an open opportunity for the rest to play for any ECNL team.  Why would those clubs who offer the "next step above ECNL" not be able to recruit a large percentage of these players?  

Gotta agree with KC - superior players / athletes, superior coaches, superior development style, practice 4-days per week, daily mental and physical evaluation.

There may not be a need to win while playing GDA games, but you damn well better believe that the pressure will be on for all GDA finals.

I believe I've answered this question for SoSy awhile back, but here goes again ...

While I wouldn't say that the clubs in question faced adversity, I do think that many of those kids that did not make the GDA teams at FCD or Solar, think of themselves (or have parents that think of them) as players that should be playing on the 'top' team in their respective age group at a club.  Therefore, they may have gone to (or stayed with) the ECNL teams at Sting or D'Feeters.  It's likely a combination of this, plus a lack of depth of elite talent which exists at all of the bigs (GDA and ECNL) in NTX, that leads to lackluster '2nd' teams.

And I'd respectively disagree with your (and a few others) thoughts regarding 'the pressure is on" and 'the DIGC finals have to be all GDA or else'.  Pressure on who?  The kids?  Coaches?  C'mon now.  And (outside of KC) who is it that you all think would call GDA an "utter failure" if it's not an all GDA final?


So, what do you think is an appropriate number of DA clubs in NTX?  
1. 2 max
Run by US Soccer, not by the clubs

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 510
Points : 3483
Join date : 2011-03-28

Back to top Go down

Re: This topic is about absolutely nothing

Post by Big Ern on 09/02/18, 07:46 pm

SickofStupidity wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:
Zizou wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
Zizou wrote:

Na, they will have a DA2 that will make for easier movement to the top team.
Would make perfect sense if some of these DA2 teams could even compete in ECNL but they can’t so.......

The first year for these brand new ECNL teams for these clubs. In time they will build and grow the second level. Then ECNL teams might need to worry about be beat by a DA2 squad.


Please.

Please explain the difficulty these clubs faced?  If (as some have stated) generally all the best players went to play DA, then there was an open opportunity for the rest to play for any ECNL team.  Why would those clubs who offer the "next step above ECNL" not be able to recruit a large percentage of these players?  

Gotta agree with KC - superior players / athletes, superior coaches, superior development style, practice 4-days per week, daily mental and physical evaluation.

There may not be a need to win while playing GDA games, but you damn well better believe that the pressure will be on for all GDA finals.

I believe I've answered this question for SoSy awhile back, but here goes again ...

While I wouldn't say that the clubs in question faced adversity, I do think that many of those kids that did not make the GDA teams at FCD or Solar, think of themselves (or have parents that think of them) as players that should be playing on the 'top' team in their respective age group at a club.  Therefore, they may have gone to (or stayed with) the ECNL teams at Sting or D'Feeters.  It's likely a combination of this, plus a lack of depth of elite talent which exists at all of the bigs (GDA and ECNL) in NTX, that leads to lackluster '2nd' teams.

And I'd respectively disagree with your (and a few others) thoughts regarding 'the pressure is on" and 'the DIGC finals have to be all GDA or else'.  Pressure on who?  The kids?  Coaches?  C'mon now.  And (outside of KC) who is it that you all think would call GDA an "utter failure" if it's not an all GDA final?


So, what do you think is an appropriate number of DA clubs in NTX?  Have they watered down the product or overextended themselves with 3 NTX clubs?  I think an argument could be made that one of the best things to happen to GDA in NTX was Sting turning down the bid.

IMO, after all the GDA hype, and the claim by a few people that most of the top NTX talent landed on GDA teams, they are gonna look mighty foolish if they can't take their top talent, 4 practices a week, and development style and convert it into consistent wins against lesser talent practicing 2 days per week (excepting those teams that have shown themselves to be out of their league playing GDA).

Great question.

We are among the top markets in the country when in comes to depth of talent pool, but I (and most others I know) was hoping for 1-2 GDA clubs in NTX, so yes, I believe GDA is overextended here.  SoCal in my opinion is the only market that has the breadth of talent to support 3 GDA clubs.  

Agreed regarding Sting and I'm sorta pulling for Texans to go ECNL exclusive on the girl's side as well ... win-win.

Regarding the teams competing at DIGC --

I'm not sure I've heard of any ECNL teams training just twice per week, and outside of Texans, the only true GDA teams participating are the U14 FC Dallas and Solar aquads.  I confidently stand by my contention that those are the top two 04 teams in NTX (and the region for that matter).  I could be wrong because I haven't seen some of these teams (especially the internationals) but I just can't foresee anyone in this group besting them.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1031
Points : 2733
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: This topic is about absolutely nothing

Post by AngelinaGoalee on 09/02/18, 08:22 pm

Big Ern wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:
Zizou wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
Would make perfect sense if some of these DA2 teams could even compete in ECNL but they can’t so.......

The first year for these brand new ECNL teams for these clubs. In time they will build and grow the second level. Then ECNL teams might need to worry about be beat by a DA2 squad.


Please.

Please explain the difficulty these clubs faced?  If (as some have stated) generally all the best players went to play DA, then there was an open opportunity for the rest to play for any ECNL team.  Why would those clubs who offer the "next step above ECNL" not be able to recruit a large percentage of these players?  

Gotta agree with KC - superior players / athletes, superior coaches, superior development style, practice 4-days per week, daily mental and physical evaluation.

There may not be a need to win while playing GDA games, but you damn well better believe that the pressure will be on for all GDA finals.

I believe I've answered this question for SoSy awhile back, but here goes again ...

While I wouldn't say that the clubs in question faced adversity, I do think that many of those kids that did not make the GDA teams at FCD or Solar, think of themselves (or have parents that think of them) as players that should be playing on the 'top' team in their respective age group at a club.  Therefore, they may have gone to (or stayed with) the ECNL teams at Sting or D'Feeters.  It's likely a combination of this, plus a lack of depth of elite talent which exists at all of the bigs (GDA and ECNL) in NTX, that leads to lackluster '2nd' teams.

And I'd respectively disagree with your (and a few others) thoughts regarding 'the pressure is on" and 'the DIGC finals have to be all GDA or else'.  Pressure on who?  The kids?  Coaches?  C'mon now.  And (outside of KC) who is it that you all think would call GDA an "utter failure" if it's not an all GDA final?


So, what do you think is an appropriate number of DA clubs in NTX?  Have they watered down the product or overextended themselves with 3 NTX clubs?  I think an argument could be made that one of the best things to happen to GDA in NTX was Sting turning down the bid.

IMO, after all the GDA hype, and the claim by a few people that most of the top NTX talent landed on GDA teams, they are gonna look mighty foolish if they can't take their top talent, 4 practices a week, and development style and convert it into consistent wins against lesser talent practicing 2 days per week (excepting those teams that have shown themselves to be out of their league playing GDA).

Great question.

We are among the top markets in the country when in comes to depth of talent pool, but I (and most others I know) was hoping for 1-2 GDA clubs in NTX, so yes, I believe GDA is overextended here.  SoCal in my opinion is the only market that has the breadth of talent to support 3 GDA clubs.  

Agreed regarding Sting and I'm sorta pulling for Texans to go ECNL exclusive on the girl's side as well ... win-win.

Regarding the teams competing at DIGC --

I'm not sure I've heard of any ECNL teams training just twice per week, and outside of Texans, the only true GDA teams participating are the U14 FC Dallas and Solar aquads.  I confidently stand by my contention that those are the top two 04 teams in NTX (and the region for that matter).  I could be wrong because I haven't seen some of these teams (especially the internationals) but I just can't foresee anyone in this group besting them.

Texans going ecnl exclusive...don’t you think that would cause a negative reaction from the patrons? The club? The players?

How do you sell that back?
DA seems like it feels like an “accomplishment” as well as an “upgrade” and that’s not slighting ECNL, that’s just a perception I have of DA parents inner conscience.

That would help Solar and FCD though.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 463
Points : 2145
Join date : 2014-10-03

Back to top Go down

Re: This topic is about absolutely nothing

Post by Big Ern on 09/02/18, 08:47 pm

I doubt it.  They would still be playing on the 'top' team in the age group which (if we're being honest) is what the majority of the kids, and parents of the kids, at that level really care about.  

I think you could say that playing on the top team in your age group at a top club (most of the big 5 fall in this category) is a helluvan "accomplishment".  And you likely have the perception that the parents of DA players feel this way because it is generally true ... aside from the U18/19s (and U14 Texans) those kids do indeed play on the top teams within their respective age groups at their clubs.  This is especially an "accomplishment" at Solar and FC Dallas as those kids had a bit more comp to get through to win their roster spots.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1031
Points : 2733
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: This topic is about absolutely nothing

Post by AngelinaGoalee on 09/02/18, 08:55 pm

Wouldn’t you think, THEY would think, my kid is on the Top Team in her age group at “A” top club in THE 2nd tier league?

Or in some kind of weird way you’re admitting DA/ECNL are “equal?”

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 463
Points : 2145
Join date : 2014-10-03

Back to top Go down

Re: This topic is about absolutely nothing

Post by AngelinaGoalee on 09/02/18, 08:59 pm

BigE I think you’re being nice...not empathetic.
Your DD is damn well where she should be...couldn’t see it any other way so I know you can’t or couldn’t fathom it being any other way.


AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 463
Points : 2145
Join date : 2014-10-03

Back to top Go down

Re: This topic is about absolutely nothing

Post by AngelinaGoalee on 09/02/18, 09:02 pm

It’s all hypothetical though.

A few months until July...when, in between now and then, will solid, real deal news start to break? Surface?

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 463
Points : 2145
Join date : 2014-10-03

Back to top Go down

Re: This topic is about absolutely nothing

Post by Big Ern on 09/02/18, 09:12 pm

Wouldn’t you think, THEY would think, my kid is on the Top Team in her age group at “A” top club in THE 2nd tier league?

No.

Or in some kind of weird way you’re admitting DA/ECNL are “equal?”

No.  

In general, last year's top performing ECNL clubs nationwide accepted GDA invites.  Those clubs are now the top performing GDA clubs, leaving the rest (generally 2nd tier ECNL clubs last year) that either turned down a GDA invite or did not receive one, as the top ECNL clubs this year.  

There is however, plenty of balance out there ... In the DFW market for example, the Solars and FCDs possess the top girls teams overall, whereas in Houston, most (including myself) would say that Albion ECNL is generally stronger than Dash DA.  Another good example of balance in CA ... in SoCal, the top ECNL clubs from last year are now GDA, and (outside of Quakes which most would argue are not NoCal) that did not happen in NoCal ... strongest club there is MVLA which is ECNL exclusive.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1031
Points : 2733
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: This topic is about absolutely nothing

Post by Big Ern on 09/02/18, 09:15 pm

AngelinaGoalee wrote:It’s all hypothetical though.

A few months until July...when, in between now and then, will solid, real deal news start to break? Surface?

If you're referring to whether or not Solar and FC Dallas axe ECNL (or vice versa), or whether or not Texans will hold onto GDA then sure ... I'd bet you have those answers well before July.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1031
Points : 2733
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: This topic is about absolutely nothing

Post by AngelinaGoalee on 09/02/18, 09:23 pm

Big Ern wrote:
AngelinaGoalee wrote:It’s all hypothetical though.

A few months until July...when, in between now and then, will solid, real deal news start to break? Surface?

If you're referring to whether or not Solar and FC Dallas axe ECNL (or vice versa), or whether or not Texans will hold onto GDA then sure ... I'd bet you have those answers well before July.
yep

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 463
Points : 2145
Join date : 2014-10-03

Back to top Go down

Re: This topic is about absolutely nothing

Post by Foxysoccermom on 10/02/18, 03:20 pm

Good to see Bigdummy and Angelina Holee are in agreement. Just had to bring your DA silliness to a thread about nothing.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 667
Points : 1494
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: This topic is about absolutely nothing

Post by AngelinaGoalee on 10/02/18, 03:30 pm

Foxysoccermom wrote:Good to see Bigdummy and Angelina Holee are in agreement.  Just had to bring your DA silliness to a thread about nothing.

I bet you smell like cigarettes.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 463
Points : 2145
Join date : 2014-10-03

Back to top Go down

Re: This topic is about absolutely nothing

Post by Big Ern on 10/02/18, 03:56 pm

Foxysoccermom wrote:Good to see Bigdummy and Angelina Holee are in agreement.  Just had to bring your DA silliness to a thread about nothing.

Afternoon Gentlemen --

Clearly this thread turned out to be about more than "nothing" ... Otherwise you wouldn't have heard from me.

And "dummy"?  Really?  What are we, a couple of kindeegartners?  I expect you to at least come in above MedMan ... you're better than that.

How bout you share with us all what you think is "silliness" that I wrote here ... cuz that'd be super.

And spot on AG!  That, and I can see him donning a black Iron Maiden t shirt.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1031
Points : 2733
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: This topic is about absolutely nothing

Post by Foxysoccermom on 10/02/18, 04:25 pm

LOL. You got me Big D. Tell us more about DA.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 667
Points : 1494
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: This topic is about absolutely nothing

Post by Foxysoccermom on 10/02/18, 04:33 pm

AngelinaGoalee wrote:
Foxysoccermom wrote:Good to see Bigdummy and Angelina Holee are in agreement.  Just had to bring your DA silliness to a thread about nothing.

I bet you smell like cigarettes.

I bet you smell like Big D's booty.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 667
Points : 1494
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: This topic is about absolutely nothing

Post by AngelinaGoalee on 10/02/18, 05:17 pm

Foxysoccermom wrote:
AngelinaGoalee wrote:
Foxysoccermom wrote:Good to see Bigdummy and Angelina Holee are in agreement.  Just had to bring your DA silliness to a thread about nothing.

I bet you smell like cigarettes.

I bet you smell like Big D's booty.

Ok I quit. You win. Forreal. I bow out.
People like you touch their crouch and then sniff their hand afterwards. I can’t be playing the dozens with soldiers like you. You’re leagues beyond what I’m capable of which further let’s me know you don’t have a DD. You must be a ref. Lord please don’t let this guy actually be some kids parent.

Admit to this and I’ll close my account....

You’ve been arrested on Harry Hines before haven’t you? If not there, maybe a truck stop somewhere? Or maybe even kicked out of an Adult Video store? Please tell me I’m close!?

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 463
Points : 2145
Join date : 2014-10-03

Back to top Go down

Re: This topic is about absolutely nothing

Post by soccertard on 10/02/18, 07:42 pm

She has the smell of red wine and Marlboros.
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 306
Points : 1203
Join date : 2016-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: This topic is about absolutely nothing

Post by Foxysoccermom on 11/02/18, 11:02 am

AngelinaGoalee wrote:
Foxysoccermom wrote:
AngelinaGoalee wrote:
Foxysoccermom wrote:Good to see Bigdummy and Angelina Holee are in agreement.  Just had to bring your DA silliness to a thread about nothing.

I bet you smell like cigarettes.

I bet you smell like Big D's booty.

Ok I quit. You win. Forreal. I bow out.
People like you touch their crouch and then sniff their hand afterwards. I can’t be playing the dozens with soldiers like you. You’re leagues beyond what I’m capable of which further let’s me know you don’t have a DD. You must be a ref. Lord please don’t let this guy actually be some kids parent.

Admit to this and I’ll close my account....

You’ve been arrested on Harry Hines before haven’t you? If not there, maybe a truck stop somewhere? Or maybe even kicked out of an Adult Video store? Please tell me I’m close!?


Cmon now AGHO, You know Harry Hines is where you've always met your next soccer coach.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 667
Points : 1494
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: This topic is about absolutely nothing

Post by Hang1053 on 12/02/18, 09:34 am

Another meaningless post.
This was pretty funny. I saw it on my FB feed.
I really hope it is Satire. LOL


Hang1053
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 62
Points : 641
Join date : 2017-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: This topic is about absolutely nothing

Post by SickofStupidity on 12/02/18, 09:57 am

Hang1053 wrote:Another meaningless post.
This was pretty funny. I saw it on my FB feed.
I really hope it is Satire. LOL

 


So they acknowledge that last year they experimented with JDL, which was unsuccessful.

Is it possible that the new JDL replacement league will adopt these new standards?

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 895
Points : 2680
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: This topic is about absolutely nothing

Post by Hang1053 on 12/02/18, 10:02 am

HA!

Hang1053
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 62
Points : 641
Join date : 2017-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: This topic is about absolutely nothing

Post by KeeperCommander on 13/02/18, 01:54 pm

Big Ern wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:
Zizou wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
Zizou wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
They should be

Na, they will have a DA2 that will make for easier movement to the top team.
Would make perfect sense if some of these DA2 teams could even compete in ECNL but they can’t so.......

The first year for these brand new ECNL teams for these clubs. In time they will build and grow the second level. Then ECNL teams might need to worry about be beat by a DA2 squad.


Please.

Please explain the difficulty these clubs faced?  If (as some have stated) generally all the best players went to play DA, then there was an open opportunity for the rest to play for any ECNL team.  Why would those clubs who offer the "next step above ECNL" not be able to recruit a large percentage of these players?  

Gotta agree with KC - superior players / athletes, superior coaches, superior development style, practice 4-days per week, daily mental and physical evaluation.

There may not be a need to win while playing GDA games, but you damn well better believe that the pressure will be on for all GDA finals.

I believe I've answered this question for SoSy awhile back, but here goes again ...

While I wouldn't say that the clubs in question faced adversity, I do think that many of those kids that did not make the GDA teams at FCD or Solar, think of themselves (or have parents that think of them) as players that should be playing on the 'top' team in their respective age group at a club.  Therefore, they may have gone to (or stayed with) the ECNL teams at Sting or D'Feeters.  It's likely a combination of this, plus a lack of depth of elite talent which exists at all of the bigs (GDA and ECNL) in NTX, that leads to lackluster '2nd' teams.

And I'd respectively disagree with your (and a few others) thoughts regarding 'the pressure is on" and 'the DIGC finals have to be all GDA or else'.  Pressure on who?  ClubsThe kids?  Coaches?  C'mon now.  And (outside of KC) who is it that you all think would call GDA an "utter failure" if it's not an all GDA final?Well um everyone
Let’s be honest, if at any point someone believed that DA was the epitome of excellence and then lost out to the lowly ECNL then yes it would have not fulfilled the promise it made to itself and others.  We also cant fool ourselves into thinking that all the DA teams will just magically lose and the “others” will reign supreme.  DA teams will probably take many of the divisions that they are representing.  Why? Because they do have a load of talent.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1649
Points : 3680
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: This topic is about absolutely nothing

Post by Big Ern on 13/02/18, 03:49 pm

Understood KC --

However, I don't think that anyone (including those at USSDA) would assume that GDA is the epitome of excellence, nor would they consider the ECNL to be lowly.  There is much variance in the concentration of talent across the country ... some areas (SoCal, Chicago, NTX, etc) are GDA heavy, others (NoCal, Vegas, STX) etc) are ECNL heavy.  What has been consistent in the transition however, is that the traditional powerhouse/top performing clubs (FC Dallas, Solar, SoCal Blues, Slammers, MI Hawks, PDA, Crossfire, Eclipse, Real CO among others) in the ECNL over the years, are now GDA clubs.  And these same clubs are generally now the top performing in GDA ... the beat goes on.  

Regarding DIGC ... If you asked one of the USSDA officials, he or she likely wouldn't even know what it was, let alone that a couple GDA teams will be playing ECNL teams.  To say that everyone will think it'd be an utter failure if FC Dallas U14 weren't facing off with Solar U14 in the final, is silly.  I can tell you that CP and AG will just look at those matchups like they would've last year ... the best of Solar vs the best of Sting, or the best of FCD vs the best of Texans.  When the big picture is put into perspective, there are, and will always be, some ECNL teams that can beat some GDA teams.  

It just happens to be my opinion (based on recent history) that nationwide, the top talent in general is now playing in GDA -- that's all  Wink

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1031
Points : 2733
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: This topic is about absolutely nothing

Post by AngelinaGoalee on 13/02/18, 04:12 pm

Big Ern wrote:Understood KC --

However, I don't think that anyone (including those at USSDA) would assume that GDA is the epitome of excellence, nor would they consider the ECNL to be lowly.  There is much variance in the concentration of talent across the country ... some areas (SoCal, Chicago, NTX, etc) are GDA heavy, others (NoCal, Vegas, STX) etc) are ECNL heavy.  What has been consistent in the transition however, is that the traditional powerhouse/top performing clubs (FC Dallas, Solar, SoCal Blues, Slammers, MI Hawks, PDA, Crossfire, Eclipse, Real CO among others) in the ECNL over the years, are now GDA clubs.  And these same clubs are generally now the top performing in GDA ... the beat goes on.  

Regarding DIGC ... If you asked one of the USSDA officials, he or she likely wouldn't even know what it was, let alone that a couple GDA teams will be playing ECNL teams.  To say that everyone will think it'd be an utter failure if FC Dallas U14 weren't facing off with Solar U14 in the final, is silly.  I can tell you that CP and AG will just look at those matchups like they would've last year ... the best of Solar vs the best of Sting, or the best of FCD vs the best of Texans.  When the big picture is put into perspective, there are, and will always be, some ECNL teams that can beat some GDA teams.  

It just happens to be my opinion (based on recent history) that nationwide, the top talent in general is now playing in GDA -- that's all  Wink

It’s statements from you like this that get the people in an uproar!!

But they disregard all the valid points you make prior to that.
You can look at the ECNL current standings and results and see where the talent went.

It really shows that the Texans have a slight flaw in their system also...U14 DA and ECNL are underachieving. There is one coach in that club that creates a big ripple and I’m just amazed at the effect he actually has still.


::Out of the 3 bigs::

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 463
Points : 2145
Join date : 2014-10-03

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum