Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Latest topics
Team Bye vs Club ByeToday at 06:14 pmZizou
FBR QT Teams OnlyToday at 05:46 pmDisposessed
CITY FC DALLAS 2009Today at 05:18 pmbrendenleeCFC
King TUT Boys ( Too hot?)Today at 05:14 pmSoccerToneloc
Any pre pre-season predictions for Classic League this yearToday at 04:53 pmdragonstryker
Who gets into LH?Today at 04:39 pmalreadyonyellow
Which teams get into Lake Highlands this year?Today at 04:29 pm2ndTimethru
TxSpirit 2012 Teams Plano/Murphy/Richardson/Allen/SachseToday at 04:09 pmTxSpiritscoccer
TxSpirit 2010 Joost - Looking to addToday at 04:03 pmTxSpiritscoccer
06 Boys Teams - U90C SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 17-19)Today at 04:03 pmU90C
09 Boys Teams - U90C SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 17-19)Today at 04:01 pmU90C
12 Girls Teams - U90C SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 17-19)Today at 03:51 pmU90C
11 Girls Teams - U90C SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 17-19)Today at 03:47 pmU90C
10 Girls Teams - U90C SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 17-19)Today at 03:42 pmU90C
TEXAS SPURS 05G LOOKING FOR A FEW KEY PLAYERSToday at 02:58 pmFierceLightning
TX CLUBS SOCCER LEAGUE - U6-U19 Boys/Girls US Club SoccerToday at 02:57 pmSoccerSuckers
HIPOD FOR SALEToday at 02:32 pmfatherofoneplayer
FC DALLAS GRAHAM 08 BOYS (FRISCO) LOOKING FOR 3-4 PLAYERS!!!Today at 01:52 pmZGraham
07 Boys Teams - SPORTS CAPITAL CLASSIC - AUSTIN (Aug 10-12)Today at 01:28 pmU90C
North Texas United FC 2011Today at 12:23 pmTripDDs
Girl Scout Cookies Thin Mints and SamoasToday at 12:00 pmBlank77
DALLAS ROMA jerseys # 1 Youth SMALL Today at 11:37 amsoccer07
Dallas Roma jerseys #7 Youth XS Today at 11:35 amsoccer07
Dad Just Figuring This OutToday at 11:26 amMultivitamin
Classic D2 team still has a few open spotsToday at 11:21 am74soccermom
Log in

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 12498 registered users
The newest registered user is BoKnows

Our users have posted a total of 179531 messages in 23791 subjects

DA ECNL

Go down

DA ECNL

Post by 5050Ball on 19/02/18, 12:13 pm

avatar
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 209
Points : 1354
Join date : 2015-06-19

Back to top Go down

Re: DA ECNL

Post by Cleansheets on 19/02/18, 12:45 pm

Yep, that will happen right after Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un work together.

__________________________________________________
Life is like playing goalkeeper, blink and the most important thing is past you.
avatar
Cleansheets
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 1109
Points : 3203
Join date : 2012-12-20
Location : ...is everything

Back to top Go down

Re: DA ECNL

Post by TxFutbal on 19/02/18, 01:21 pm

I hope it does happen.

It would be the ultimate gift from soccer leadership to provide a stable and well thought plan to develop our girls to achieve the highest level of competition they are capable of playing. It's doesn't have to be all about focusing on the top .0001% and forget the rest. Ideally we need about 4 or 5 different competitive tiers that integrate together vs compete against each other to provide our girls a consistent and stable path to whatever their soccer dreams are.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 348
Points : 1042
Join date : 2016-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: DA ECNL

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch on 19/02/18, 01:31 pm

“Please don’t try and pretend because 70 percent of the players on a youth national team are from the DA, you’re developing them,” he told Soccer America. “You and I both know they ripped these kids off from ECNL teams.”

and ECNL was developing players or was it the clubs?? ECNL is just a platform. How are they developing players?
avatar
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 866
Points : 3248
Join date : 2012-04-14

Back to top Go down

Re: DA ECNL

Post by Big Ern on 19/02/18, 02:08 pm

Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:“Please don’t try and pretend because 70 percent of the players on a youth national team are from the DA, you’re developing them,” he told Soccer America. “You and I both know they ripped these kids off from ECNL teams.”

and ECNL was developing players or was it the clubs?? ECNL is just a platform. How are they developing players?

Viola!  

"You and I both know they ripped these kids off from ECNL teams."

No sh#t Anson ... everyone (including the USSDA) knows this.  And why is this at all relevant?

He sounds like all too many of the soccer dads posting on this forum ... jaded.  SoccerAmerica shoulda interviewed SOAP.  

How is this not common sense?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 903
Points : 2357
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: DA ECNL

Post by Foxysoccermom on 19/02/18, 02:15 pm

Big Ern wrote:
Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:“Please don’t try and pretend because 70 percent of the players on a youth national team are from the DA, you’re developing them,” he told Soccer America. “You and I both know they ripped these kids off from ECNL teams.”

and ECNL was developing players or was it the clubs?? ECNL is just a platform. How are they developing players?

Viola!  

"You and I both know they ripped these kids off from ECNL teams."

No sh#t Anson ... everyone (including the USSDA) knows this.  And why is this at all relevant?

He sounds like all too many of the soccer dads posting on this forum ... jaded.  SoccerAmerica shoulda interviewed SOAP.  

How is this not common sense?


Thank God, I was worried you didn't see this post. Figured you wouldn't grasp the meaning but at least you responded. Why listen to a highly respected coach with real credentials.
avatar
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 537
Points : 1100
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: DA ECNL

Post by SickofStupidity on 19/02/18, 02:43 pm

Arrow  BigE always knows best.  Arrow

I bet he's one of those guys who's NEVER wrong.  Rolling Eyes


Last edited by SickofStupidity on 19/02/18, 03:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 860
Points : 2394
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: DA ECNL

Post by Big Ern on 19/02/18, 02:51 pm

Foxysoccermom wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:“Please don’t try and pretend because 70 percent of the players on a youth national team are from the DA, you’re developing them,” he told Soccer America. “You and I both know they ripped these kids off from ECNL teams.”

and ECNL was developing players or was it the clubs?? ECNL is just a platform. How are they developing players?

Viola!  

"You and I both know they ripped these kids off from ECNL teams."

No sh#t Anson ... everyone (including the USSDA) knows this.  And why is this at all relevant?

He sounds like all too many of the soccer dads posting on this forum ... jaded.  SoccerAmerica shoulda interviewed SOAP.  

How is this not common sense?


Thank God, I was worried you didn't see this post.  Figured you wouldn't grasp the meaning but at least you responded.  Why listen to a highly respected coach with real credentials.

Likewise.  

Tell me foxydad ... where is this "meaning" I failed to grasp?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 903
Points : 2357
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: DA ECNL

Post by Foxysoccermom on 19/02/18, 03:34 pm

Bige you really need to quit following me around the board. It's starting to turn into a #metoo moment.
avatar
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 537
Points : 1100
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: DA ECNL

Post by jogobonito06 on 19/02/18, 04:18 pm

SickofStupidity wrote:Arrow  BigE always knows best.  Arrow

I bet he's one of those guys who's NEVER wrong.  Rolling Eyes

I don't know about that....I hear a few of those 4-year olds he's targeted for Super Elite, invitation-only training haven't quite panned out. Very Happy
avatar
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 331
Points : 1708
Join date : 2014-10-30

Back to top Go down

Re: DA ECNL

Post by Big Ern on 19/02/18, 09:55 pm

My sons ... My rebellious sons!  Oh, come now children.

foxy-san -- Even I couldn't imagine that there'd be an even clearer depiction of irony than what occurred over the weekend on the 'nothing' thread, but ...

we talkin' 'bout followin' me around the board ... c'mon man!  

I mean ... it's not even fair.  Very Happy

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 903
Points : 2357
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: DA ECNL

Post by Knuckleball on 29/03/18, 12:13 pm

Big Ern wrote:My sons ... My rebellious sons!  Oh, come now children.

foxy-san -- Even I couldn't imagine that there'd be an even clearer depiction of irony than what occurred over the weekend on the 'nothing' thread, but ...

we talkin' 'bout followin' me around the board ... c'mon man!  

I mean ... it's not even fair.  Very Happy



Down her in OK we are hearing rumblings of Texans leaving ECNL which is surprising because it’s opposite of everything I’ve seen on boards. Anyone else hearing this??
avatar
Knuckleball
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 9
Points : 384
Join date : 2017-07-09

Back to top Go down

Re: DA ECNL

Post by Lakedad on 29/03/18, 12:55 pm

Knuckleball wrote:
Big Ern wrote:My sons ... My rebellious sons!  Oh, come now children.

foxy-san -- Even I couldn't imagine that there'd be an even clearer depiction of irony than what occurred over the weekend on the 'nothing' thread, but ...

we talkin' 'bout followin' me around the board ... c'mon man!  

I mean ... it's not even fair.  Very Happy



Down her in OK we are hearing rumblings of Texans leaving ECNL which is surprising because it’s opposite of everything I’ve seen on boards. Anyone else hearing this??

A coach at Sting told me the club is actively working to get a handful of coaches "DA level" certified (A&B). Expects them to join in 2019.
avatar
Lakedad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 358
Points : 2461
Join date : 2012-10-21
Location : Lake today? I can't, my kid has soccer.

Back to top Go down

Re: DA ECNL

Post by Zizou on 29/03/18, 12:58 pm

If this is true, then sting is , in my opinion, making the right move. They can easily maintain their ECNL while building a DA program.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2274
Points : 4079
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: DA ECNL

Post by 4-4-2 on 29/03/18, 01:05 pm

That would be awesome

4-4-2
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 39
Points : 754
Join date : 2016-08-02

Back to top Go down

Re: DA ECNL

Post by DeltaTauChi on 29/03/18, 01:18 pm

Lakedad wrote:
Knuckleball wrote:
Big Ern wrote:My sons ... My rebellious sons!  Oh, come now children.

foxy-san -- Even I couldn't imagine that there'd be an even clearer depiction of irony than what occurred over the weekend on the 'nothing' thread, but ...

we talkin' 'bout followin' me around the board ... c'mon man!  

I mean ... it's not even fair.  Very Happy



Down her in OK we are hearing rumblings of Texans leaving ECNL which is surprising because it’s opposite of everything I’ve seen on boards. Anyone else hearing this??

A coach at Sting told me the club is actively working to get a handful of coaches "DA level" certified (A&B).  Expects them to join in 2019.

Why would Sting need to do that? They were already awarded DA last year. Sting turned it down. They wouldn't have been awarded DA last year if they didn't have coaches with the requisite license levels. Suspect

__________________________________________________
Bluto's right.  Psychotic, but absolutely right.
avatar
DeltaTauChi
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 207
Points : 405
Join date : 2018-01-08

Back to top Go down

Re: DA ECNL

Post by Zizou on 29/03/18, 01:48 pm

This is true. Maybe their rethinking their decision and feel that investing in their coaching staff would improve their chances of being re-admitted.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2274
Points : 4079
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: DA ECNL

Post by 918soccer on 29/03/18, 03:38 pm

Sting doesn't need additional licensing to quality for DA... all good clubs continually work licensing. Also, given their ties to ECNL, I think this would be highly unlikely.

918soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 36
Points : 278
Join date : 2017-11-20

Back to top Go down

Re: DA ECNL

Post by Lakedad on 29/03/18, 03:56 pm

Zizou wrote:This is true. Maybe their rethinking their decision and feel that investing in their coaching staff would improve their chances of being re-admitted.

Yeah, I don't know. Did they're director of coaching or someone with the B license leave?
avatar
Lakedad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 358
Points : 2461
Join date : 2012-10-21
Location : Lake today? I can't, my kid has soccer.

Back to top Go down

Re: DA ECNL

Post by DeltaTauChi on 29/03/18, 04:12 pm

Lakedad wrote:
Zizou wrote:This is true. Maybe their rethinking their decision and feel that investing in their coaching staff would improve their chances of being re-admitted.

Yeah, I don't know.  Did they're director of coaching or someone with the B license leave?

Brown relocated to Austin to be DoC of Sting Austin. Heard Hilton is relocating to the Midwest somewhere for his wife's job, but is staying with the club as Tech Director.

This could be what they are talking about, but considering some of the jockeying the other DA clubs have done with coaches/license levels, I wouldn't think that'd be any kind of a barrier for Sting.

__________________________________________________
Bluto's right.  Psychotic, but absolutely right.
avatar
DeltaTauChi
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 207
Points : 405
Join date : 2018-01-08

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum