North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
+27790324557 MEET A PROFESSIONA PSYCHIC, SPIRITUAL HEALER ON28/12/23, 07:07 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557STRONG LOVE SPELLS FOR RELATIONSHIPS AND LOVE WH28/12/23, 06:58 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557WE ARE THE ILLUMINATI, REGISTER AS A NEW MEMBER 28/12/23, 06:53 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557THIS IS THE ILLUMINATI JOINING POINT 28/12/23, 06:46 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557 THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US28/12/23, 06:37 amkawayidamirrows
THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US ONLINE IS+277928/12/23, 06:28 amkawayidamirrows
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Best Age(s) for your experience Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Kewb11

Our users have posted a total of 205165 messages in 31955 subjects

Best Age(s) for your experience

Go down

Best Age(s) for your experience Empty Best Age(s) for your experience

Post by President Camacho 07/03/18, 02:29 pm

I'm curious for those with older DD's which age/ages were your favorite for your family... and why? Might be different between DD and parents.
President Camacho
President Camacho
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Best Age(s) for your experience Empty Re: Best Age(s) for your experience

Post by AngelinaGoalee 07/03/18, 02:46 pm

U9 B.A.P
(that stands for Before Age Pure)

Those were fun times before cell phones and social fever.
Just me and the DD commuting from one end of DFW to the other and soccer balls everywhere. Saturday and Sunday leagues, Give and Go's off the indoor wall, moderately priced soccer cleats, Primetime tournaments at McInnish, and pretty headbands.

Oh....and millions of Sting teams....so many I couldn't identify which ones we won and or lost to.

Im starting over with my '10 but I have a clearer perspective.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/03/18, 03:02 pm

I think I prefer the older ages. Less drama in general as most folks have learned how to behave by about U-16. When you do run in to teams that refuse to behave at the older ages it can get as ugly as ever.

Go watch some LH’s U11 QT games this summer. Especially the second round weekend when it’s do or die. You’ll be surprised (or maybe not) how many spectators are losing their everloving minds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest101 07/03/18, 05:53 pm

u10 everything you thought you knew then meant nothing.

Guest101
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 07/03/18, 06:44 pm

OLJW wrote:I think I prefer the older ages. Less drama in general as most folks have learned how to behave by about U-16. When you do run in to teams that refuse to behave at the older ages it can get as ugly as ever.

Go watch some LH’s U11 QT games this summer. Especially the second round weekend when it’s do or die. You’ll be surprised (or maybe not) how many spectators are losing their everloving minds.
Prob pretty spot on.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 5050Ball 07/03/18, 09:01 pm

U16 for sure. The kids really become players. Most of the real crazies have already burned their kids out and are gone.
5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/03/18, 11:01 pm

OLJW wrote:I think I prefer the older ages. Less drama in general as most folks have learned how to behave by about U-16. When you do run in to teams that refuse to behave at the older ages it can get as ugly as ever.

You kiddin' me?  One of the best times I ever had as a soccer parent was losing my everloving mind on the sidelines during QT at U11!   Twisted Evil

I've only had 1 go through the club soccer gauntlet, and honestly, other than the U5-U6 rec herd soccer beatdown, it's pretty much been a fun ride.  Any age that wasn't as much fun as another was due more to situational circumstance than anything specific to that particular age.

Looking back, I honestly don't think I'd change much, even with the knowledge I have now that I didn't have when we made the jump to academy 9 years ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 08/03/18, 06:28 am

One kid in college and the other in HS hands down playing rec ball was when it was fun. Take out the business and politics and soccer can be enjoyable. Kids loved those days and have fond memories.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 08/03/18, 07:54 am

Got to go with the entire experience has been great! Wouldn’t trade any of it!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by goscore! 08/03/18, 12:47 pm

Really Little, u4 / u5, rec daddy coaches, everyone just learning the game & the parents too new to do anything other than bring snacks, cheer, and plan the little trophy parties! So fun!

Or maybe just beginning the club/select scene, that first year or 2 is really exciting - travel tournaments are still fun & new, soccer camps, finding xbox FIFA, new friends who love soccer...

Nothing after that though - suddenly all the parents are crazy, traveling tournaments are too dang expensive & repetitive (Disney again?!), too much time spent on which leagues/coach/cub, soccer drama, realizing that your soccer parent friends you've spent so much time with aren't really "friends" SUCKS

And the oldest groups (u16 plus) kind of boring for us parents: the kids are in control, they drive and probably tavel alone to showcases and ID camps, but at least the parents have mellowed out, now its all about college/exposure (and more $)

goscore!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 08/03/18, 01:58 pm

U9-13 probably my favorite time...other than the multiple experiences where we joined one team in May/June only to find a week or two before signing coach is taking team to another club and then having to buy new kits.

U13 Texan Dads were my all time favorite people. Dad meetings in the hotel parking lot at tournaments was greatness while it lasted. Yes, refreshments were enjoyed by all.
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 08/03/18, 03:11 pm

U11-13 When they just played for fun and didn't know or care about the adult drama.

U17-18 After they decided they did not want to play in college,  when they just played for fun again and could tweak the coach as he needed them more than they needed him.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 08/03/18, 06:07 pm

by Zizou Today at 07:54 am

Which Zizou is this? Which Zizou was bashing that coach last year crying to his mama. Poor Zizou the BS man is back w a vengeance. Twisted Evil

Your boy Zizou! Tell us again how you really feel. I remember your ranting like it was yesterday.

by Zizou on 02/07/17, 12:51 pm

Lol, buyer beware. You do not want to play for this guy. Last years team was desimated with girls leaving the team due to his continuous verbal abuse. the cost to play for this team will floor you. When it was all said and done the cost exceeded 8,000 dollars closer to 10.000 to play. Please be advised you have been warned.

Watch "De Plane De Plane | Tatoo On Fantasy Island" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/USfKJYZcUmI

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 09/03/18, 08:07 am

Medicine Man wrote:by Zizou Today at 07:54 am

Which Zizou is this? Which Zizou was bashing that coach last year crying to his mama. Poor Zizou the BS man is back w a vengeance. Twisted Evil

Your boy Zizou! Tell us again how you really feel. I remember your ranting like it was yesterday.

by Zizou on 02/07/17, 12:51 pm

Lol, buyer beware. You do not want to play for this guy. Last years team was desimated with girls leaving the team due to his continuous verbal abuse. the cost to play for this team will floor you. When it was all said and done the cost exceeded 8,000 dollars closer to 10.000 to play. Please be advised you have been warned.

Watch "De Plane De Plane | Tatoo On Fantasy Island" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/USfKJYZcUmI

Zzzzzzzzz. Sleep Laughing Laughing Suspect Suspect What a Face What a Face affraid cheers bom

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 09/03/18, 09:18 am

U11-13 is a lot of fun.. Learning how to "go select", 2 a days getting ready for QT, some of the best matches you will ever see the 2nd weekend of QT where it's "do or die" baking in 150 degree Texas heat. U12 is such a relaxing year for those who have their Bye and for the teams that stayed together. Girls building friendships with their teammates outside of soccer and growing up fast. U13 is probably the "golden year" for soccer. Girls now have more control over their bodies, their minds have caught up with their feet, and beautiful soccer is played.

U14-U16 was not fun. It was more of a beat down. Girls bodies changing and the physical demands of year round soccer lead to injures and busted teams, losing friends, and seeing the passion of the game being sucked out of your DD due to competing life activities. I am fortunate though, the loss of soccer passion was channeled into volleyball and I (living thru my DD) found something new to love and be passionate about.

I am the luckiest guy in the world to have a DD in soccer at a competitive level going thru the golden years and a DD at U17 that is teaching me how to support her from a far and let her just do her thang.

For those who are now experiencing DD sports in college.. please share your experiences and what we might expect. My brother has experienced it and he said the coolest thing ever was to turn on the TV and see his DD playing soccer.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 09/03/18, 11:08 am

SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 09/03/18, 01:35 pm

How's your buddy Doing Zizou. Still have nightmares?

Watch "A Night at the Roxbury - What is love - Music Video" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/hngPAdTl-As

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by President Camacho 12/03/18, 02:04 pm

Appreciate all the feedback. Good to hear some of what to look forward to.
President Camacho
President Camacho
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 12/03/18, 03:24 pm

Macho Comacho you might PM Zizou about his buddy he's still got nightmares.

Watch "Predator - Get to the choppa - Arnold Schwarzenegger" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/QSDduMHEiJQ

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 12/03/18, 04:27 pm

1. Every game after they have committed to a college. Zero drama and stress, so you can just enjoy.

2. College years can be just as good (if not better) than #1 but college can also be a nightmare if not playing/injured.

2. U11 when it's all still new and the novelty hasn't worn off.

TxFutbal, college years are a blast. It can be a tremendous challenge to get to see them play, but if/when you do the travel is incredibly fun. And yes, when you can't make the trip but can still see them play in HD on your TV is special too. It flies by like you wouldn't believe. Seems like yesterday when my college senior played her first college game and now she's done.  Thankfully I have three more years (hopefully) to enjoy watching my college freshman. The college years can be very gratifying for the player, but can also be hard if it doesn't work out.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum