Latest topics
TOURNAMENT: College Showcase & Combine Nov 16-18Today at 06:47 pmatlas_sports
is the High School level for girls just as bad as the boys?Today at 06:13 pmDeltaTauChi
Blue Sky Winter Indoor Soccer LeaguesToday at 05:42 pmbssc
Moving to DFW - need adviceToday at 04:20 pmAtThePitch
DALLAS TEXANS FALL FESTIVAL 2018Today at 03:52 pmRiquelme Rises
Here were go again - Games CancellationToday at 03:19 pmSoccerSuckers
How to find a team for winter?!Today at 02:52 pmgoscore!
10 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)Today at 01:11 pmU90C
09 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)Today at 01:09 pmU90C
10 Girls Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Today at 01:07 pmU90C
FC Frisco Storm 03G looking for defenderToday at 11:39 amgiraffesrcute
FC Frisco Storm 03G looking for defenderToday at 11:38 amgiraffesrcute
FC Frisco Storm 03G looking for defenderToday at 11:34 amgiraffesrcute
Adding 1-2 PlayersToday at 09:37 amTexas Spurs 08G Blue
08 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)Yesterday at 06:02 pmU90C
12 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)Yesterday at 06:01 pmU90C
08 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)Yesterday at 05:58 pmU90C
09 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)Yesterday at 05:57 pmU90C
10 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)Yesterday at 05:52 pmU90C
04 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)Yesterday at 05:46 pmU90C
05 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)Yesterday at 05:45 pmU90C
06 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)Yesterday at 05:44 pmU90C
Looking for 07 Team to scrimmage Yesterday at 04:37 pmsting71
06 Boys Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Yesterday at 04:33 pmU90C
08 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)Yesterday at 04:25 pmU90C
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Statistics
We have 12702 registered users
The newest registered user is Chauffeur

Our users have posted a total of 182812 messages in 24291 subjects

04 Dallas International Girls Cup Schedule 2018

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: 04 Dallas International Girls Cup Schedule 2018

Post by Zizou on 15/03/18, 09:54 am

KeeperCommander wrote:
Zizou wrote:Yes,
scratch which part?

Can’t play three days in a row.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2333
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Dallas International Girls Cup Schedule 2018

Post by Big Ern on 15/03/18, 10:11 am

SickofStupidity wrote:Since they would play 1 Friday and 1 Saturday, if a DA team wins their Saturday game, they will just be declared the winner so they don't have to play in Sunday's Finals.

Mornin' SoSy --

It appears that you're already putting a DA team at the top of groups A and B ... peculiar.  Also appears that you're a skosh angry about all of this.  Is your kid playing in DIGC this year?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 969
Points : 2516
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Dallas International Girls Cup Schedule 2018

Post by AngelinaGoalee on 15/03/18, 10:31 am

I just saw that if a DA team makes it to the finals then it will just be played on Monday morning according to TMZ. Just enjoy the beerfest.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 427
Points : 1951
Join date : 2014-10-03

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Dallas International Girls Cup Schedule 2018

Post by SickofStupidity on 15/03/18, 10:46 am

Big Ern wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:Since they would play 1 Friday and 1 Saturday, if a DA team wins their Saturday game, they will just be declared the winner so they don't have to play in Sunday's Finals.

Mornin' SoSy --

It appears that you're already putting a DA team at the top of groups A and B ... peculiar.  Also appears that you're a skosh angry about all of this.  Is your kid playing in DIGC this year?

I expected more out of you BigEgo.  I made it bold so it would be even easier for you to read.

Apparently you didn't sense my sarcasm.   lol!

Not angry at all.  Apparently people can only post if they are directly impacted?  How does whether my kid is playing determine calling out that some teams get special treatment?

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 882
Points : 2511
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Dallas International Girls Cup Schedule 2018

Post by Big Ern on 15/03/18, 10:59 am

SickofStupidity wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:Since they would play 1 Friday and 1 Saturday, if a DA team wins their Saturday game, they will just be declared the winner so they don't have to play in Sunday's Finals.

Mornin' SoSy --

It appears that you're already putting a DA team at the top of groups A and B ... peculiar.  Also appears that you're a skosh angry about all of this.  Is your kid playing in DIGC this year?

I expected more out of you BigEgo.  I made it bold so it would be even easier for you to read.

Apparently you didn't sense my sarcasm.   lol!

Not angry at all.  Apparently people can only post if they are directly impacted?  How does whether my kid is playing determine whether some teams get special treatment?

Ooouuuch!  

No Sir -- The sarcasm was as plain as day.  However, I'm guessing you forgot (even though it's literally a pillar of you're argument here) that the winners of A or B go directly to the semis to play on Saturday ... my response to you here had zip to do with winning on Saturday or making the final.  Poor fella ...  Embarassed

I can't speak from experience but I can imagine that when an attempt to outsmart someone goes awry, it can't be fun ... sorry buddy.

And ...

"Apparently people can only post if they are directly impacted?"

no ... just hoping to catch you out there.

"How does whether my kid is playing determine whether some teams get special treatment?"

it doesn't

Very Happy

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 969
Points : 2516
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Dallas International Girls Cup Schedule 2018

Post by SickofStupidity on 15/03/18, 11:03 am

Unfortunately, what I don't find surprising, is that you apparently don't have a problem with this nonsense.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 882
Points : 2511
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Dallas International Girls Cup Schedule 2018

Post by Big Ern on 15/03/18, 12:04 pm

To be honest SoS, I'm not a fan of the A and B winners going straight to semis.  However, I feel that the tourney had it's hands tied in that decision and have given the other groups a couple positives to counteract the negatives ...

1)  If I'm reading it right, they have more opportunity to advance out of pool play, and

2)  They have opportunity to play more matches against quality teams (in my opinion, what is most important after all)

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 969
Points : 2516
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Dallas International Girls Cup Schedule 2018

Post by Foxysoccermom on 15/03/18, 12:17 pm

Other rules that will be enforced in order for DA teams to participate:

-DA teams must be awarded trophies during the opening ceremony.

-If a foreign team does not speak English the game will be forfeited in the DA teams favor. It's hinders development being called names you don't understand.

-If a DA player is caught at a disadvantage, the ref must call a time out so the coach can make the player feel better about herself.

-In the case of an opposing player actually making a shot or scoring a goal, a foul must be called immediately, because the ref obviously missed it.

-Psychological time outs can be used at the DA coaches discretion, in case a DA player gets beat and needs to know it wasn't her fault.

-If by chance a DA player starts to break a sweat her part of the field will stop play for the water boy to come and revive her.

-All fouls committed by DA players must be ignored by the refs and cheered by the parents.

-Substitution rules will be in effect, so non starters must watch film on the bench to get their development this week.

-Big Ego must be given a platform at the closing ceremony to discuss the greatness we all just witnessed....DA....not Angelina and him in the bushes.

avatar
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 587
Points : 1253
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Dallas International Girls Cup Schedule 2018

Post by KeeperCommander on 15/03/18, 01:12 pm

Zizou wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
Zizou wrote:Yes,
scratch which part?

Can’t play three days in a row.
Ok I thought I heard that but wasn’t quite sure.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1639
Points : 3515
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Dallas International Girls Cup Schedule 2018

Post by KeeperCommander on 21/03/18, 07:22 am

With rain now an imminent threat for Sun-Wed, what would happen to DA teams then forced to play two games in one day? Just curious if this has ever come up for these teams in a tournament that is this big. I know rules state committee can adjust games lengths at their discretion so the girls that can’t run very much in one day are protected but has it ever come up before.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1639
Points : 3515
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Dallas International Girls Cup Schedule 2018

Post by TatonkaBurger on 21/03/18, 09:40 am

KeeperCommander wrote:With rain now an imminent threat for Sun-Wed, what would happen to DA teams then forced to play two games in one day? Just curious if this has ever come up for these teams in a tournament that is this big. I know rules state committee can adjust games lengths at their discretion so the girls that can’t run very much in one day are protected but has it ever come up before.

They are all big girls.  They should be able to put off the rules for a week and survive playing in tournament conditions.  I know my DD can handle it if the soccer geniuses will let her.
avatar
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1174
Points : 3342
Join date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Dallas International Girls Cup Schedule 2018

Post by KeeperCommander on 21/03/18, 09:47 am

TatonkaBurger wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:With rain now an imminent threat for Sun-Wed, what would happen to DA teams then forced to play two games in one day? Just curious if this has ever come up for these teams in a tournament that is this big. I know rules state committee can adjust games lengths at their discretion so the girls that can’t run very much in one day are protected but has it ever come up before.

They are all big girls.  They should be able to put off the rules for a week and survive playing in tournament conditions.  I know my DD can handle it if the soccer geniuses will let her.
Well TB I am sure your DD is most capable. However according to E this simply will not happen and as we see in the schedule and in the playoff format DA teams are getting the red carpet. Not that I truly care mind you, I was more curious who is going to flex the muscle here, DIGC or the DA clubs powers that be. Who wins this contest? Also will it be at a cost to the non DA teams to make exceptions for girls that cant run too much in a day. Funny scenario though, a non DA team may play twice in a day while a DA team only has to play once.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1639
Points : 3515
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Dallas International Girls Cup Schedule 2018

Post by Big Ern on 21/03/18, 11:03 am

Dude.  KC.  This ^ is silly.

We all know that the GDA kids are capable (and would be happy to play two matches in a day) and that the rules they abide by are out of their control.  USSDA simply are of the opinion that it is most ideal to play just a single match per day and no more than two days consecutively.  

To answer your questions --

A)  Given that it's still just a matter of months in, no, the scenario you're suggesting hasn't happened.  I'd guess that because the DICG is drawn out over 6 days might be why the GDA chose it as one of the few acceptable events their teams can participate in outside of Showcases.  And, ...

B)  I doubt there will be any 'muscle flexing' contest between the Dallas Texans and the USSDA in any regard.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 969
Points : 2516
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Dallas International Girls Cup Schedule 2018

Post by KeeperCommander on 21/03/18, 11:37 am

Big Ern wrote:Dude.  KC.  This ^ is silly. You are right that symbol is silly but beside the point.

We all know that the GDA kids are capable (and would be happy to play two matches in a day) and that the rules they abide by are out of their control.  USSDA simply are of the opinion that it is most ideal to play just a single match per day and no more than two days consecutively.  Calm down so defensive.  It is just smart ass banter about the rules.

To answer your questions --

A)  Given that it's still just a matter of months in, no, the scenario you're suggesting hasn't happened.  I'd guess that because the DICG is drawn out over 6 days might be why the GDA chose it as one of the few acceptable events their teams can participate in outside of Showcases.  And, ...I know the Showcases and league games can just be canceled or rescheduled but this is sort of uncharted waters. Didn’t know if it had happened before or come up or if anyone even cared. Also it is prob the fact that this competition draws International clubs more than the number of days that makes it a more suitable Tournament to play.  I doubt GDA teams would play the Michael Brown Tournament if it was played over 6 days. IMO

B)  I doubt there will be any 'muscle flexing' contest between the Dallas Texans and the USSDA in any regard.By muscle flexing I mean what if rain dictates that DA teams play more than one game per day? Will the DA powers that be say that they can not or will they let the girls play?  Or will DIGC committee say if you do not it is a forfeit? A sort of rules against rules battle, that is all. Like you said it has never happened because of the short time it has been established.  

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1639
Points : 3515
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Dallas International Girls Cup Schedule 2018

Post by CrazySoccerParent on 21/03/18, 12:23 pm

Anyone notice Feet moves to group C, Texans ecnl moves to group D and FC Dallas Blue replaces Yesung South Korea in group C

Interesting
avatar
CrazySoccerParent
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 177
Points : 973
Join date : 2016-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Dallas International Girls Cup Schedule 2018

Post by Big Ern on 21/03/18, 12:32 pm

CrazySoccerParent wrote:Anyone notice Feet moves to group C, Texans ecnl moves to group D and FC Dallas Blue replaces Yesung South Korea in group C

Interesting

Which is the toughest overall Flight now?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 969
Points : 2516
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Dallas International Girls Cup Schedule 2018

Post by CrazySoccerParent on 21/03/18, 12:42 pm

As a reset here are the new brackets:

2004
Flight A Pts GP W L T GF GA GD
Dallas Texans U14 DA (TX)
SOLAR USSDA U14G (TX)
FC Dallas 04g ECNL (TX)
Instituto Britanico 04 (Mexico)

Flight B Pts GP W L T GF GA GD
Sting Dallas 04 ECNL (TX) -
FC Dallas U14 Girls DA (TX) -
Blackburn Rovers Ladies 04 (England) -
Ottawa South United 04G Dribble Black (Canada) -

Flight C Pts GP W L T GF GA GD
FC Dallas 04G Blue (TX) - -
D'Feeters 04 ECNL (TX) - -
Sting TCL Composite 04 - -
AHFC 04 Elite (TX) - - -

Flight D Pts GP W L T GF GA GD
Dallas Texans ECNL U14 (TX) - -
Solar 04G Rodriguez TCL (TX) - -
Nacka FC (Sweden) - - - -
Oshawa Kicks Synergy (Canada) -

Flight E Pts GP W L T GF GA GD
Solar SC ECNL U14 (TX) - -
Albion Hurricanes 04G ECNL (TX) -
Venom 04 (CA) - -
Glen Shields FC (Canada)
avatar
CrazySoccerParent
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 177
Points : 973
Join date : 2016-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Dallas International Girls Cup Schedule 2018

Post by CrazySoccerParent on 21/03/18, 12:49 pm

To be honest I would probably rate the toughest bracket order as follows

B - Sting ECNL and FCD DA in same bracket. Get the popcorn

A - 2 Da teams in one bracket

E - # 1 team in Texas Region ECNL Albion seems to be legit

C - #1 team in LH D1 vs Feet ecnl could be interesting

D - what can you say... reason TEXANS moved their ecnl team here I suspect...

avatar
CrazySoccerParent
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 177
Points : 973
Join date : 2016-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Dallas International Girls Cup Schedule 2018

Post by CrazySoccerParent on 21/03/18, 11:29 pm

Well...
avatar
CrazySoccerParent
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 177
Points : 973
Join date : 2016-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Dallas International Girls Cup Schedule 2018

Post by Big Ern on 22/03/18, 07:59 am

Hmmm ... Apparently not much interest in this tourney.  Maybe not as "big" as you thought KC -- Whatcha think guys?

I'm of the same school if thought here CSP -- Can't change much ...

B - Toughest.  FCD DA and Sting ECNL.  Rovers may put up some goals?

A - Only 2nd because of Solar DA alone.  I expect them to put up alotta goals against these guys.

E - Albion ECNL is absolutely legit (my kid's team has always had trouble with this group)

C - "#1 team in LH D1 vs Feet ecnl could be interesting"

D - Absolutely feeble and a sly move by the Texans placing their ECNL squad (arguably stronger than the GDA) here ... Hoping that Nacka can knock them off  Wink

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 969
Points : 2516
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Dallas International Girls Cup Schedule 2018

Post by 5050Ball on 22/03/18, 08:16 am

Big Ern wrote:Hmmm ... Apparently not much interest in this tourney.  Maybe not as "big" as you thought KC -- Whatcha think guys?

I'm of the same school if thought here CSP -- Can't change much ...

B - Toughest.  FCD DA and Sting ECNL.  Rovers may put up some goals?

A - Only 2nd because of Solar DA alone.  I expect them to put up alotta goals against these guys.

E - Albion ECNL is absolutely legit (my kid's team has always had trouble with this group)

C - "#1 team in LH D1 vs Feet ecnl could be interesting"

D - Absolutely feeble and a sly move by the Texans placing their ECNL squad (arguably stronger than the GDA) here ... Hoping that Nacka can knock them off  Wink

Arguably? You'd have a tough time finding anybody to take the other side of that argument.
avatar
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 213
Points : 1451
Join date : 2015-06-19

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Dallas International Girls Cup Schedule 2018

Post by AngelinaGoalee on 22/03/18, 08:24 am

How about that forecast though? HN “will shut that $&@* down”~Negan Voice

He don’t play about his beloved fields.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 427
Points : 1951
Join date : 2014-10-03

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Dallas International Girls Cup Schedule 2018

Post by Big Ern on 22/03/18, 08:28 am

Mornin' 50 --

I used arguably here because it has literally been argued.

Personally, I've seen plenty of all the Texans have to offer in the '03-'05 age groups over the years, just haven't seen the '04 ECNL group this year.  Given what I've seen from the '04 GDA (outside of GK), I assume that the '04 ECNL is stronger, but I've heard otherwise from those that know both of those teams there ... and they weren't all that 'tough to find' btw   Wink

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 969
Points : 2516
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Dallas International Girls Cup Schedule 2018

Post by AngelinaGoalee on 22/03/18, 08:39 am

Big Ern wrote:Mornin' 50 --

I used arguably here because it has literally been argued.

Personally, I've seen plenty of all the Texans have to offer in the '03-'05 age groups over the years, just haven't seen the '04 ECNL group this year.  Given what I've seen from the '04 GDA (outside of GK), I assume that the '04 ECNL is stronger, but I've heard otherwise from those that know both of those teams there ... and they weren't all that 'tough to find' btw   Wink

Those two teams are split....
If the best talent from both squads were to merge then the results would be or could be better depending on who’s coaching. The DA GK is in fact the real deal and she keeps all that she can at bay!!
ECNL 04 is down their best player due to injury and thats on the defensive side but I can’t seem to figure out why that squad isn’t fairing too well in ECNL. Should be much better than 8th place if that amount of talent is there like they say. scratch

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 427
Points : 1951
Join date : 2014-10-03

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Dallas International Girls Cup Schedule 2018

Post by KeeperCommander on 22/03/18, 12:14 pm

Big Ern wrote:Hmmm ... Apparently not much interest in this tourney.  Maybe not as "big" as you thought KC -- Whatcha think guys?

I'm of the same school if thought here CSP -- Can't change much ...

B - Toughest.  FCD DA and Sting ECNL.  Rovers may put up some goals?

A - Only 2nd because of Solar DA alone.  I expect them to put up alotta goals against these guys.

E - Albion ECNL is absolutely legit (my kid's team has always had trouble with this group)

C - "#1 team in LH D1 vs Feet ecnl could be interesting"

D - Absolutely feeble and a sly move by the Texans placing their ECNL squad (arguably stronger than the GDA) here ... Hoping that Nacka can knock them off  Wink
No I am still going with it’s a big tournament. Big in that it’s not Cali! It’s not Surf. It’s not Nationals. Everyone has to have its own big. This one is on the list for Dallas.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1639
Points : 3515
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: 04 Dallas International Girls Cup Schedule 2018

Post by Guest on 22/03/18, 09:32 pm

Feet are actually #1 in LH. And the Feet D1 LH team and ECNL team is basically the same team minus about four kids. FCD Blue is #2 in D1 LH.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum