Latest topics
DIGC 2019Today at 08:17 amKeepermom05
DIGC 04'sToday at 07:45 amFriscoSoccer2004
Jimmy Depew Joins Renegades Soccer from FC DallasYesterday at 11:07 pmsbarton12
09G Open Practice & TryOuts Eagle Mountain/Fort Worth AreaYesterday at 08:39 pmtcheek
08G Open Practice in Eagle Mountain/Fort Worth AreaYesterday at 08:34 pmtcheek
Easter Cup - Need 09B Team - Play for FREEYesterday at 06:59 pmTexasCup
Dallas Rush 08 Boys Looking for PlayerYesterday at 04:18 pmBallhogs8
Players for Texans 08B Yesterday at 04:18 pmBallhogs8
RENEGADES 2009G OPEN TRAINING SESSIONSYesterday at 01:58 pmRenegades Soccer Club
Frisco Fusion 03G looking for a few good playersYesterday at 11:21 amGWood
09B Academy Teams- East sideYesterday at 09:47 amiKick4Fun
Solar 12 Girls Looking to AddYesterday at 08:56 amSolar11/12girls
09 Boys Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP - May 10-12, 2019Yesterday at 08:44 amU90C
Liverpool rumors Yesterday at 07:36 amBENDMEOVER
Possible guest playing May 10-12, Looking for players FallYesterday at 07:07 amBallhogs8
New playerYesterday at 06:41 amBallhogs8
Sad Days17/04/19, 11:00 pmBig Ern
DIGC Field Conditions17/04/19, 08:04 pmSaulGoodman
Solar Jensen - Looking to add '11 Players17/04/19, 05:56 pmworldsoccer
Jimmy Depew chooses Renegades and joins us from FC Dallas17/04/19, 03:11 pmsbarton12
TX Spirit Soccer Club - Open Practice / Evaluations17/04/19, 01:35 pmTxSpiritscoccer
TX Spirit Soccer Club - Open Practice / Evaluations17/04/19, 01:33 pmTxSpiritscoccer
TX Spirit Soccer Club - Open Practice / Evaluations17/04/19, 01:31 pmTxSpiritscoccer
Solar 09G Colvin 17/04/19, 11:54 amSolar09GColvin
Dallas Roma FC LOOKING FOR PLAYERS 2014 TO 2003 BOYS & GIRLS17/04/19, 11:51 amDRFC Academy
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Texas lighting showcase Pixel
Statistics
We have 13027 registered users
The newest registered user is Majentamama

Our users have posted a total of 186845 messages in 25065 subjects

Texas lighting showcase

Go down

Texas lighting showcase Empty Texas lighting showcase

Post by 02KeeperDad on 28/03/18, 06:32 am

Can anyone explain why this tournament is on Easter? No game Friday, 1 game Saturday and 2 games on Easter. Do atheist run this tournament? How can they completely ruin Easter? What were they thinking?

02KeeperDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 11
Points : 774
Join date : 2017-03-24
Age : 52
Location : Flower Mound

Back to top Go down

Texas lighting showcase Empty Re: Texas lighting showcase

Post by DeltaTauChi on 28/03/18, 07:08 am

02KeeperDad wrote:Can anyone explain why this tournament is on Easter? No game Friday, 1 game Saturday and 2 games on Easter. Do atheist run this tournament? How can they completely ruin Easter? What were they thinking?

Let me get this straight. You, your manager, or your coach signed your DD’s team up to play in a tournament on Easter weekend, and you’re mad at the tournament, because they scheduled games on Easter Sunday?

Um... OK. Mad

__________________________________________________
Bluto's right.  Psychotic, but absolutely right.
DeltaTauChi
DeltaTauChi
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 350
Points : 830
Join date : 2018-01-08

Back to top Go down

Texas lighting showcase Empty Re: Texas lighting showcase

Post by 02KeeperDad on 28/03/18, 07:16 am

DeltaTauChi wrote:
02KeeperDad wrote:Can anyone explain why this tournament is on Easter? No game Friday, 1 game Saturday and 2 games on Easter. Do atheist run this tournament? How can they completely ruin Easter? What were they thinking?

Let me get this straight.  You, your manager, or your coach signed your DD’s team up to play in a tournament on Easter weekend, and you’re mad at the tournament, because they scheduled games on Easter Sunday?

Um...  OK. Mad

I handled the team issue in person, didn’t think that was possible? Um ok.

02KeeperDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 11
Points : 774
Join date : 2017-03-24
Age : 52
Location : Flower Mound

Back to top Go down

Texas lighting showcase Empty Re: Texas lighting showcase

Post by DeltaTauChi on 28/03/18, 07:38 am

02KeeperDad wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:
02KeeperDad wrote:Can anyone explain why this tournament is on Easter? No game Friday, 1 game Saturday and 2 games on Easter. Do atheist run this tournament? How can they completely ruin Easter? What were they thinking?

Let me get this straight.  You, your manager, or your coach signed your DD’s team up to play in a tournament on Easter weekend, and you’re mad at the tournament, because they scheduled games on Easter Sunday?

Um...  OK. Mad

I handled the team issue in person, didn’t think that was possible? Um ok.

In Bold Red no less.  Um... OK.

Texas lighting showcase Txl_sh10

__________________________________________________
Bluto's right.  Psychotic, but absolutely right.
DeltaTauChi
DeltaTauChi
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 350
Points : 830
Join date : 2018-01-08

Back to top Go down

Texas lighting showcase Empty Re: Texas lighting showcase

Post by soccertard on 28/03/18, 07:47 am

I think it's worse that they advertise this as Arlington, and teams are playing in Cleburne.
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 307
Points : 1231
Join date : 2016-10-25

Back to top Go down

Texas lighting showcase Empty Re: Texas lighting showcase

Post by 02KeeperDad on 28/03/18, 08:35 am

DeltaTauChi wrote:
02KeeperDad wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:
02KeeperDad wrote:Can anyone explain why this tournament is on Easter? No game Friday, 1 game Saturday and 2 games on Easter. Do atheist run this tournament? How can they completely ruin Easter? What were they thinking?

Let me get this straight.  You, your manager, or your coach signed your DD’s team up to play in a tournament on Easter weekend, and you’re mad at the tournament, because they scheduled games on Easter Sunday?

Um...  OK. Mad

I handled the team issue in person, didn’t think that was possible? Um ok.

In Bold Red no less.  Um... OK.

Texas lighting showcase Txl_sh10

Easter generally doesn’t fall on April 1st so months ago I wasn’t thinking that they were destroying Easter. I admit fault that I didn’t think anyone would purposely ruin Easter, but they will never pull this one again on me or my family. Um ok ?

02KeeperDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 11
Points : 774
Join date : 2017-03-24
Age : 52
Location : Flower Mound

Back to top Go down

Texas lighting showcase Empty Re: Texas lighting showcase

Post by DeltaTauChi on 28/03/18, 08:53 am

02KeeperDad wrote: I admit fault that I didn’t think anyone would purposely ruin Easter, but they will never pull this one again on me or my family. Um ok ?

There you go 02KD. Own your own faith and don't assume that others adhere to the same faith as strictly as you or I do, or blame them when they don't. Welcome to competitive youth sports in NTX. Caveat emptor.

__________________________________________________
Bluto's right.  Psychotic, but absolutely right.
DeltaTauChi
DeltaTauChi
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 350
Points : 830
Join date : 2018-01-08

Back to top Go down

Texas lighting showcase Empty Re: Texas lighting showcase

Post by 02KeeperDad on 28/03/18, 08:58 am

DeltaTauChi wrote:
02KeeperDad wrote: I admit fault that I didn’t think anyone would purposely ruin Easter, but they will never pull this one again on me or my family. Um ok ?

There you go 02KD.  Own your own faith and don't assume that others adhere to the same faith as strictly as you or I do, or blame them when they don't.  Welcome to competitive youth sports in NTX.  Caveat emptor.

Wanna go to church? My treat for lunch.

02KeeperDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 11
Points : 774
Join date : 2017-03-24
Age : 52
Location : Flower Mound

Back to top Go down

Texas lighting showcase Empty Re: Texas lighting showcase

Post by DeltaTauChi on 28/03/18, 09:04 am

02KeeperDad wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:
02KeeperDad wrote: I admit fault that I didn’t think anyone would purposely ruin Easter, but they will never pull this one again on me or my family. Um ok ?

There you go 02KD.  Own your own faith and don't assume that others adhere to the same faith as strictly as you or I do, or blame them when they don't.  Welcome to competitive youth sports in NTX.  Caveat emptor.

Wanna go to church? My treat for lunch.

Gonna have to take a raincheck. DD has a soccer game, and then have to run to my BB's baseball double header. Twisted Evil

__________________________________________________
Bluto's right.  Psychotic, but absolutely right.
DeltaTauChi
DeltaTauChi
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 350
Points : 830
Join date : 2018-01-08

Back to top Go down

Texas lighting showcase Empty Re: Texas lighting showcase

Post by NoSpinZone on 28/03/18, 09:06 am

DeltaTauChi wrote:
02KeeperDad wrote: I admit fault that I didn’t think anyone would purposely ruin Easter, but they will never pull this one again on me or my family. Um ok ?

There you go 02KD.  Own your own faith and don't assume that others adhere to the same faith as strictly as you or I do, or blame them when they don't.  Welcome to competitive youth sports in NTX.  Caveat emptor.

But really, show some common sense. There would be league games if not for Easter. The only reason there is a tourney is no league games. There is a tourney, this one, every Easter isnt there?

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 375
Points : 2357
Join date : 2013-12-27

Back to top Go down

Texas lighting showcase Empty Re: Texas lighting showcase

Post by 02KeeperDad on 28/03/18, 09:17 am

NoSpinZone wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:
02KeeperDad wrote: I admit fault that I didn’t think anyone would purposely ruin Easter, but they will never pull this one again on me or my family. Um ok ?

There you go 02KD.  Own your own faith and don't assume that others adhere to the same faith as strictly as you or I do, or blame them when they don't.  Welcome to competitive youth sports in NTX.  Caveat emptor.

But really, show some common sense.  There would be league games if not for Easter.  The only reason there is a tourney is no league games.  There is a tourney, this one, every Easter isnt there?

My daughter has played club soccer for 7 years, 4 in Texas and 3 in another state. We have never played soccer on Easter. So please explain to me how I wasn’t using common sense. Also most tournaments have a Friday game and 2 on Saturday to see who advances to the Sunday finals.

02KeeperDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 11
Points : 774
Join date : 2017-03-24
Age : 52
Location : Flower Mound

Back to top Go down

Texas lighting showcase Empty Re: Texas lighting showcase

Post by DeltaTauChi on 28/03/18, 09:52 am

02KeeperDad wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:
02KeeperDad wrote: I admit fault that I didn’t think anyone would purposely ruin Easter, but they will never pull this one again on me or my family. Um ok ?

There you go 02KD.  Own your own faith and don't assume that others adhere to the same faith as strictly as you or I do, or blame them when they don't.  Welcome to competitive youth sports in NTX.  Caveat emptor.

But really, show some common sense.  There would be league games if not for Easter.  The only reason there is a tourney is no league games.  There is a tourney, this one, every Easter isnt there?

My daughter has played club soccer for 7 years, 4 in Texas and 3 in another state. We have never played soccer on Easter. So please explain to me how I wasn’t using common sense. Also most tournaments have a Friday game and 2 on Saturday to see who advances to the Sunday finals.

Again, welcome to competitive youth sports in NTX. Many (dare I say most) of us learned long ago that outside of maybe Christmas, no day is off limits for having to travel or play games. Even if our kids weren't playing Easter weekend, it's pretty common knowledge that tournaments are played that weekend, with the possibility of games being played on Good Friday and Easter Sunday (and if you are truly of strong Christian faith, playing a game on Good Friday is actually a bigger deal than playing one on Easter Sunday).

Also, it's pretty common knowledge that a College Showcase and regular tournament do not follow the same kind of playing format, but then again, if this is your 1st time around the block, chalk it up to a learning experience. Now you know what many of the rest of us already do. You may not agree with it or think it's right, but assumptions and choices were made that are on you, not anyone else. Don't blame the tournament for scheduling the games as advertised, or for not blatantly advertising that the dates were Easter weekend.

__________________________________________________
Bluto's right.  Psychotic, but absolutely right.
DeltaTauChi
DeltaTauChi
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 350
Points : 830
Join date : 2018-01-08

Back to top Go down

Texas lighting showcase Empty Re: Texas lighting showcase

Post by 02KeeperDad on 28/03/18, 10:01 am

DeltaTauChi wrote:
02KeeperDad wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:
02KeeperDad wrote: I admit fault that I didn’t think anyone would purposely ruin Easter, but they will never pull this one again on me or my family. Um ok ?

There you go 02KD.  Own your own faith and don't assume that others adhere to the same faith as strictly as you or I do, or blame them when they don't.  Welcome to competitive youth sports in NTX.  Caveat emptor.

But really, show some common sense.  There would be league games if not for Easter.  The only reason there is a tourney is no league games.  There is a tourney, this one, every Easter isnt there?

My daughter has played club soccer for 7 years, 4 in Texas and 3 in another state. We have never played soccer on Easter. So please explain to me how I wasn’t using common sense. Also most tournaments have a Friday game and 2 on Saturday to see who advances to the Sunday finals.

Again, welcome to competitive youth sports in NTX.  Many (dare I say most) of us learned long ago that outside of maybe Christmas, no day is off limits for having to travel or play games.  Even if our kids weren't playing Easter weekend, it's pretty common knowledge that tournaments are played that weekend, with the possibility of games being played on Good Friday and Easter Sunday (and if you are truly of strong Christian faith, playing a game on Good Friday is actually a bigger deal than playing one on Easter Sunday).

Also, it's pretty common knowledge that a College Showcase and regular tournament do not follow the same kind of playing format, but then again, if this is your 1st time around the block, chalk it up to a learning experience.  Now you know what many of the rest of us already do.  You may not agree with it or think it's right, but assumptions and choices were made that are on you, not anyone else.  Don't blame the tournament for scheduling the games as advertised, or for not blatantly advertising that the dates were Easter weekend.

I blame the tournament.

02KeeperDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 11
Points : 774
Join date : 2017-03-24
Age : 52
Location : Flower Mound

Back to top Go down

Texas lighting showcase Empty Re: Texas lighting showcase

Post by DeltaTauChi on 28/03/18, 10:05 am

02KeeperDad wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:
02KeeperDad wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:
02KeeperDad wrote: I admit fault that I didn’t think anyone would purposely ruin Easter, but they will never pull this one again on me or my family. Um ok ?

There you go 02KD.  Own your own faith and don't assume that others adhere to the same faith as strictly as you or I do, or blame them when they don't.  Welcome to competitive youth sports in NTX.  Caveat emptor.

But really, show some common sense.  There would be league games if not for Easter.  The only reason there is a tourney is no league games.  There is a tourney, this one, every Easter isnt there?

My daughter has played club soccer for 7 years, 4 in Texas and 3 in another state. We have never played soccer on Easter. So please explain to me how I wasn’t using common sense. Also most tournaments have a Friday game and 2 on Saturday to see who advances to the Sunday finals.

Again, welcome to competitive youth sports in NTX.  Many (dare I say most) of us learned long ago that outside of maybe Christmas, no day is off limits for having to travel or play games.  Even if our kids weren't playing Easter weekend, it's pretty common knowledge that tournaments are played that weekend, with the possibility of games being played on Good Friday and Easter Sunday (and if you are truly of strong Christian faith, playing a game on Good Friday is actually a bigger deal than playing one on Easter Sunday).

Also, it's pretty common knowledge that a College Showcase and regular tournament do not follow the same kind of playing format, but then again, if this is your 1st time around the block, chalk it up to a learning experience.  Now you know what many of the rest of us already do.  You may not agree with it or think it's right, but assumptions and choices were made that are on you, not anyone else.  Don't blame the tournament for scheduling the games as advertised, or for not blatantly advertising that the dates were Easter weekend.

I blame the tournament.

You made assumptions and didn't do the 5 minutes of research it would have taken to figure out that the dates were Easter weekend and that the showcase games were clearly going to be scheduled for Saturday and Sunday.  

I blame you.

__________________________________________________
Bluto's right.  Psychotic, but absolutely right.
DeltaTauChi
DeltaTauChi
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 350
Points : 830
Join date : 2018-01-08

Back to top Go down

Texas lighting showcase Empty Re: Texas lighting showcase

Post by ddgonz22 on 28/03/18, 10:10 am

Hold up.. Im grabbing popcorn..
ddgonz22
ddgonz22
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 82
Points : 2190
Join date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Texas lighting showcase Empty Re: Texas lighting showcase

Post by DeltaTauChi on 28/03/18, 10:13 am

Made my point (repeatedly) and stated my case (repeatedly).  Pretty clear where I stand. I'm done here.

__________________________________________________
Bluto's right.  Psychotic, but absolutely right.
DeltaTauChi
DeltaTauChi
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 350
Points : 830
Join date : 2018-01-08

Back to top Go down

Texas lighting showcase Empty Re: Texas lighting showcase

Post by 02KeeperDad on 28/03/18, 10:13 am

DeltaTauChi wrote:Made my point (repeatedly) and stated my case (repeatedly).  I'm done here.

Thank God

02KeeperDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 11
Points : 774
Join date : 2017-03-24
Age : 52
Location : Flower Mound

Back to top Go down

Texas lighting showcase Empty Re: Texas lighting showcase

Post by ddgonz22 on 28/03/18, 10:17 am

I know 02KD isn't down.. I know he has more he wants to say..
ddgonz22
ddgonz22
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 82
Points : 2190
Join date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Texas lighting showcase Empty Re: Texas lighting showcase

Post by DeltaTauChi on 28/03/18, 10:18 am

02KeeperDad wrote:
Thank God

At least we can both agree on that! Amen!


Last edited by DeltaTauChi on 28/03/18, 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total

__________________________________________________
Bluto's right.  Psychotic, but absolutely right.
DeltaTauChi
DeltaTauChi
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 350
Points : 830
Join date : 2018-01-08

Back to top Go down

Texas lighting showcase Empty Re: Texas lighting showcase

Post by ddgonz22 on 28/03/18, 10:18 am

Slurpppp...
ddgonz22
ddgonz22
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 82
Points : 2190
Join date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Texas lighting showcase Empty Re: Texas lighting showcase

Post by soccer1010 on 28/03/18, 10:26 am

There is a very simple reason this tournament has always played Easter weekend.  

There are a plethora of college coaches in town for Dallas Cup and DIGC.

Hopefully, some will come over to Arlington to watch your DDs play as well.

soccer1010
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 4
Points : 564
Join date : 2017-10-09

Back to top Go down

Texas lighting showcase Empty Re: Texas lighting showcase

Post by ddgonz22 on 28/03/18, 10:26 am

Well I retract my statement..It's finished..Now let me get back to looking at DIGC thread on rescheduling..
ddgonz22
ddgonz22
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 82
Points : 2190
Join date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Texas lighting showcase Empty Re: Texas lighting showcase

Post by twotone on 28/03/18, 11:41 pm

This Showcase has been around for much longer than the DIGC, so I wouldn't think they'd be banking on college coaches being in town because of that. Dallas Cup is ALWAYS Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday every year, so it rotates on the calendar annually. But isn't playing soccer on holiday weekends normal? There are tournaments all over the country played on holiday weekends simply because it's a 3-day weekend. WAGS is a holiday weekend. Disney has several tourneys on holiday weekends. Plano Labor Day is... nevermind I shouldn't need to explain that one.

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 153
Points : 3699
Join date : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Texas lighting showcase Empty Re: Texas lighting showcase

Post by 02KeeperDad on 01/04/18, 03:45 pm

Update; 1st game was played off site on a 9V9 field no College coaches, 2nd game we saw 1 College coach 3 fields away so after our game my daughter introduced herself to him, 3rd overhalf the fields are empty, no College coaches yet. We learned our lesson and we won’t make this mistake again.

Thanks to everyone for your input

02KeeperDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 11
Points : 774
Join date : 2017-03-24
Age : 52
Location : Flower Mound

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum