Latest topics
Moving to North Dallas from the East CoastYesterday at 10:06 pmNtxsoccerdad1
U14 Frontier DivisionYesterday at 08:31 pmHighfive
Dallas Texans Pre-Academy 2010 EligioYesterday at 08:12 pmFutbolito
Relegated to D2 and D3Yesterday at 08:02 pmTexanDad37
Liverpool 09 Girls Fowler - looking to add 3-4Yesterday at 07:48 pmReds09
Interesting day at LHGCL....Yesterday at 06:51 pmFoxysoccermom
'08G Players Needed: Lantana, Flower Mound, Corinth & DentonYesterday at 05:35 pmNTX Celtic FC
Solar 09G Bardwell looking for 1 to 2 playersYesterday at 04:31 pmTXEagles
Solar Angelone 09G: Open practices!Yesterday at 03:12 pmProphAC
Dallas Cosmos 09 Black-Open practicesYesterday at 03:01 pmCosmos
06 Girls Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP - May 10-12, 2019Yesterday at 01:27 pmU90C
10 Girls Teams - DALLAS OPEN May 24-27, 2019Yesterday at 12:32 pmU90C
Youth small jersey home and away 15.00Yesterday at 12:26 pmfactsmatter
Open Practices in March for Solar Angelone/Colvin Yesterday at 11:39 amLexingtonABQ73
08 Boys Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP - May 10-12, 2019Yesterday at 11:14 amU90C
Looking for futsal keeper for spring leagueYesterday at 10:26 amSoccer'02
Dallas Texans 09G MochelYesterday at 10:16 amTexansMochel
RENEGADES 2010G OPEN TRAININGSYesterday at 10:14 amRenegades Soccer Club
RENEGADES 2009G OPEN TRAINING SESSIONSYesterday at 09:35 amRenegades Soccer Club
Renegades 11G Blanton - Open PracticesYesterday at 09:26 amtareyncarol
Renegades 10G - Blanton Open Practices Yesterday at 09:26 amtareyncarol
Renegades 09G' Blanton - Open Practices Yesterday at 09:25 amtareyncarol
D1 and playing in collegeYesterday at 08:30 am5050Ball
03 Classic League D1Yesterday at 07:59 amJavaguy
Help with navigating the soccer landscape24/03/19, 11:21 pmsbarton12
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Statistics
We have 12971 registered users
The newest registered user is Ne1btunc

Our users have posted a total of 186187 messages in 24940 subjects

DA limitations

Go down

DA limitations

Post by soccerphreak on 24/04/18, 02:03 pm

Our DD is considering playing DA next season. I understand U13 is a 'pilot year' for DA. Can anyone tell me if she will be able to play middle school Volleyball, Basketball or Track?

Or, does the DA "soccer exclusivity" only pertain to U14 and above? Or, to school soccer only but other school sports are OK?

Will there be DA2 for U-13?

Sorry for all the questions, but just trying to not go outside the boundaries.
soccerphreak
soccerphreak
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 5
Points : 443
Join date : 2018-01-14

Back to top Go down

Re: DA limitations

Post by soccer101mom on 24/04/18, 02:26 pm

My daughter has been at the tryouts for FC Dallas DA, and the coach said "yes" for middle school sports. I'm not sure if it's up to the club or USSF?

I was told a roster of 16 for DA1 and a roster of 16 for DA2 will be selected.

soccer101mom
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 2
Points : 338
Join date : 2018-04-24

Back to top Go down

Re: DA limitations

Post by TatonkaBurger on 24/04/18, 02:48 pm

soccer101mom wrote:I was told a roster of 16 for DA1 and a roster of 16 for DA2 will be selected.

What is DA2?
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1175
Points : 3500
Join date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: DA limitations

Post by soccer101mom on 24/04/18, 02:54 pm

My understanding...which is limited...is that DA2 still practices and trains with DA1, but their games are limited to other clubs that have DA2. Players can be called up to play in a DA1 game if needed. Not sure if that amount of info helps much or just creates more questions....

soccer101mom
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 2
Points : 338
Join date : 2018-04-24

Back to top Go down

Re: DA limitations

Post by SickofStupidity on 24/04/18, 03:23 pm

soccer101mom wrote:My understanding...which is limited...is that DA2 still practices and trains with DA1, but their games are limited to other clubs that have DA2. Players can be called up to play in a DA1 game if needed. Not sure if that amount of info helps much or just creates more questions....


Lots of games against Solar Cool


Any club discounts with DA2?   Or is it more . . . all the costs and few of the benefits.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 895
Points : 2682
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: DA limitations

Post by Lakedad on 24/04/18, 03:24 pm

soccer101mom wrote:My daughter has been at the tryouts for FC Dallas DA, and the coach said "yes" for middle school sports. I'm not sure if it's up to the club or USSF?

I was told a roster of 16 for DA1 and a roster of 16 for DA2 will be selected.

There are ongoing tryouts for DA before May?
Lakedad
Lakedad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 358
Points : 2711
Join date : 2012-10-21
Location : Lake today? I can't, my kid has soccer.

Back to top Go down

Re: DA limitations

Post by NoSpinZone on 24/04/18, 03:25 pm

Lakedad wrote:
soccer101mom wrote:My daughter has been at the tryouts for FC Dallas DA, and the coach said "yes" for middle school sports. I'm not sure if it's up to the club or USSF?

I was told a roster of 16 for DA1 and a roster of 16 for DA2 will be selected.

There are ongoing tryouts for DA before May?  

Inside each club, so FCD had tryouts for those already at FCD.

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 369
Points : 2327
Join date : 2013-12-27

Back to top Go down

Re: DA limitations

Post by Bodhisattva on 24/04/18, 04:26 pm

TatonkaBurger wrote:
soccer101mom wrote:I was told a roster of 16 for DA1 and a roster of 16 for DA2 will be selected.

What is DA2?

Technically DPL. Plan was described in full at 06 FCD meeting which was open to anyone interested.

__________________________________________________
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 349
Points : 1636
Join date : 2015-10-06
Location : Los Angeles, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: DA limitations

Post by Bodhisattva on 24/04/18, 04:28 pm

NoSpinZone wrote:
Lakedad wrote:
soccer101mom wrote:My daughter has been at the tryouts for FC Dallas DA, and the coach said "yes" for middle school sports. I'm not sure if it's up to the club or USSF?

I was told a roster of 16 for DA1 and a roster of 16 for DA2 will be selected.

There are ongoing tryouts for DA before May?  

Inside each club, so FCD had tryouts for those already at FCD.

And ECNL...

__________________________________________________
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 349
Points : 1636
Join date : 2015-10-06
Location : Los Angeles, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: DA limitations

Post by AtThePitch on 24/04/18, 04:49 pm

The U13 year is a pilot for all clubs that participate in it again. The thing to keep in mind is their practice schedule and the schedule of middle school sports.

As with the older age groups in DA this year... they were grandfathered and allowed to play High School soccer, but they were told... "sure you can do the other sports/high school soccer, but here is our schedule... we cant promise you will be a starter with you missing practices or games."

That being said, its the same as with anything or any team. There is only so much you can miss before your child is no longer where they expected to be...

AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 696
Points : 3392
Join date : 2011-12-18

Back to top Go down

Re: DA limitations

Post by 06Southgirl on 25/04/18, 07:16 am

AtThePitch wrote:

That being said, its the same as with anything or any team.  There is only so much you can miss before your child is no longer where they expected to be...


Very well stated
06Southgirl
06Southgirl
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Posts : 437
Points : 2281
Join date : 2014-07-22

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum