Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Latest topics
Team Bye vs Club ByeToday at 12:07 pmtikitalker
Which teams get into Lake Highlands this year?Today at 12:01 pmForReal
FBR QT Teams OnlyToday at 10:21 amFoxysoccermom
04 LHGCL Who will make it??Today at 08:49 amHang1053
TX CLUBS SOCCER LEAGUE - U6-U19 Boys/Girls US Club SoccerToday at 07:00 amNTXSoccaDad
Who gets into LH?Yesterday at 11:16 pm7WhiskeyPapa
Any pre pre-season predictions for Classic League this yearYesterday at 11:10 pmTxFutbal
09 Girls Teams - U90C SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 17-19)Yesterday at 06:12 pmU90C
King TUT Boys ( Too hot?)Yesterday at 04:26 pmTxFutbal
Fdl/Jdl qualifying tournament. Yesterday at 03:20 pmNoSpinZone
AAOS - 03 Boys - PLANO- 2 spots openYesterday at 03:18 pmCoach Jim
NEW PIT League Elite Invitational LeagueYesterday at 02:16 pmMurderWasTheCase
What are the BIG Tournaments in NTXYesterday at 01:15 pmMansfieldmom
Premier CupYesterday at 12:53 pmZizou
FBR QT Teams Only - RevisedYesterday at 10:13 amFBR08G
TOURNAMENT: SPORTS CAPITAL CLASSIC - AUSTIN - August 10-12Yesterday at 09:14 amU90C
07 Boys Teams - U90C SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 17-19)Yesterday at 09:13 amU90C
06 Girls Teams - U90C SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 17-19)Yesterday at 09:11 amU90C
FBR July 16th 2018Yesterday at 08:46 amsoccersoccer2000
Solar 12B Castro Open Practices19/07/18, 10:50 pmKeeperDad01
CITY FC DALLAS 200919/07/18, 05:18 pmbrendenleeCFC
TxSpirit 2012 Teams Plano/Murphy/Richardson/Allen/Sachse19/07/18, 04:09 pmTxSpiritscoccer
TxSpirit 2010 Joost - Looking to add19/07/18, 04:03 pmTxSpiritscoccer
06 Boys Teams - U90C SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 17-19)19/07/18, 04:03 pmU90C
09 Boys Teams - U90C SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 17-19)19/07/18, 04:01 pmU90C
Log in

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 12503 registered users
The newest registered user is AMDOMD98

Our users have posted a total of 179685 messages in 23798 subjects

Time for Answers

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Time for Answers

Post by ForReal on 24/04/18, 11:13 pm

Ok.  The time is now. Fish or cut bait. Clubs are announcing tryouts, but if you’re under contract, you can’t look elsewhere yet. Clubs claim to be setting rosters and demanding commitments before players from other clubs are even allowed to go elsewhere (this is largely at 06 and older groups). So, don’t be coy or hide behind the log. Answer the following questions if you actually know:

1.  Are FCD and Solar doing GDA and ECNL at all ages?

2.  What are the Texans doing?  GDA or ECNL?  Or both?  

3.  Are Texans 06s and 05s going to keep their best teams in ECNL? Or headed to GDA?

4.  Is Sting going to put their 06s (or most of them) with 05s, or are they going to stay with 06s in ECNL?  Or are they going to run to a GDA club?

5.  Is DPL (or DA2 as some might call it) happening?  At all ages? At all GDA clubs?

6.  If DPL is happening, are GDA clubs putting their 2nd or 3rd clubs in DPL or ECNL if they are doing both?

7.  Are Solar, FCD and Texans participating in TCL?  If so, are those their 3rd or 4th best teams?

Don’t hold back. Lots of DDs need to make decisions. The more info the better.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 518
Points : 2795
Join date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by timmyh on 25/04/18, 12:32 am

ForReal wrote:Ok.  The time is now. Fish or cut bait. Clubs are announcing tryouts, but if you’re under contract, you can’t look elsewhere yet. Clubs claim to be setting rosters and demanding commitments before players from other clubs are even allowed to go elsewhere (this is largely at 06 and older groups). So, don’t be coy or hide behind the log. Answer the following questions if you actually know:

1.  Are FCD and Solar doing GDA and ECNL at all ages?

2.  What are the Texans doing?  GDA or ECNL?  Or both?  

3.  Are Texans 06s and 05s going to keep their best teams in ECNL? Or headed to GDA?

4.  Is Sting going to put their 06s (or most of them) with 05s, or are they going to stay with 06s in ECNL?  Or are they going to run to a GDA club?

5.  Is DPL (or DA2 as some might call it) happening?  At all ages? At all GDA clubs?

6.  If DPL is happening, are GDA clubs putting their 2nd or 3rd clubs in DPL or ECNL if they are doing both?

7.  Are Solar, FCD and Texans participating in TCL?  If so, are those their 3rd or 4th best teams?

Don’t hold back. Lots of DDs need to make decisions. The more info the better.

All good questions. #5 is a Yes. Which leads me to believe #7 is a No, but the latter is just my own speculation.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 195
Points : 1297
Join date : 2015-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by soccertard on 25/04/18, 08:05 am

I'd like to see Medicine Man comment on this...
avatar
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 291
Points : 934
Join date : 2016-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by 07soccerdad on 25/04/18, 08:05 am

Great questions..finally a helpful topic for many!
Which clubs have officially announced try-outs? Dates and age groups? Haven't see anything..

07soccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 19
Points : 952
Join date : 2015-12-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by jogobonito06 on 25/04/18, 08:08 am

FCD has been trying out in 06 for a couple of weeks now. Solar starts 06/05 this week.

Both internal only at this point.
avatar
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 332
Points : 1711
Join date : 2014-10-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by Big Ern on 25/04/18, 08:31 am

ForReal wrote:Ok.  The time is now. Fish or cut bait. Clubs are announcing tryouts, but if you’re under contract, you can’t look elsewhere yet. Clubs claim to be setting rosters and demanding commitments before players from other clubs are even allowed to go elsewhere (this is largely at 06 and older groups). So, don’t be coy or hide behind the log. Answer the following questions if you actually know:

What I know or have been told at this point by the powers that be ...


Are FCD and Solar doing GDA and ECNL at all ages?

Both plan on having ECNL for U14 and up, but I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't end up happening.  Been told that FCD is phasing out ECNL at for the 06s and younger starting next year.

What are the Texans doing?  GDA or ECNL?  Or both?  

I hear they are doing both next year (but doubt that'll be the case thereafter).

Is DPL (or DA2 as some might call it) happening?  At all ages? At all GDA clubs?

As timmy mentioned, yes, DPL is happening.  U13-U18/19 at FCD.  Been told that this is the case at every Frontier club starting next year as it is in Southwest.

If DPL is happening, are GDA clubs putting their 2nd or 3rd clubs in DPL or ECNL if they are doing both?

At FCD, the second team for the U13s will definitely be the DPL side, and this is the plan for all groups coming in thereafter as they phase out.  Which team is 2nd/3rd at U14+ is still in question and may vary by age for next year.

Are Solar, FCD and Texans participating in TCL?  If so, are those their 3rd or 4th best teams?

FCD is not participating in TCL next year.


Also have been told that FCD will hold general tryouts for anyone not currently rostered with GDA for a couple weeks in May.  Official announcement with details to come shortly.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 904
Points : 2360
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by naM enicideM on 25/04/18, 08:53 am

soccertard wrote:I'd like to see Medicine Man comment on this...

...siht no tnemmoc naM enicideM ees ot ekil d'I

__________________________________________________
.deweks teg sctaf eht dna gnidnapxe peek syeral ehT .emehcs iznop eht in llif ot stops erom syawla s'erehT !yenom hsac evah uoy fi ykcip t'nsi yalp ot yaP

ebuTuoY no "!LOL ruoh 01 daehttuB dna sivaeB" hctaW

https://youtu.be/nl7XUDJiJ_k
avatar
naM enicideM
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 22
Points : 117
Join date : 2018-04-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by AngelinaGoalee on 25/04/18, 10:11 am

Big Ern wrote:
ForReal wrote:Ok.  The time is now. Fish or cut bait. Clubs are announcing tryouts, but if you’re under contract, you can’t look elsewhere yet. Clubs claim to be setting rosters and demanding commitments before players from other clubs are even allowed to go elsewhere (this is largely at 06 and older groups). So, don’t be coy or hide behind the log. Answer the following questions if you actually know:

What I know or have been told at this point by the powers that be ...


Are FCD and Solar doing GDA and ECNL at all ages?

Both plan on having ECNL for U14 and up, but I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't end up happening.  Been told that FCD is phasing out ECNL at for the 06s and younger starting next year.

What are the Texans doing?  GDA or ECNL?  Or both?  

I hear they are doing both next year (but doubt that'll be the case thereafter).

Is DPL (or DA2 as some might call it) happening?  At all ages? At all GDA clubs?

As timmy mentioned, yes, DPL is happening.  U13-U18/19 at FCD.  Been told that this is the case at every Frontier club starting next year as it is in Southwest.

If DPL is happening, are GDA clubs putting their 2nd or 3rd clubs in DPL or ECNL if they are doing both?

At FCD, the second team for the U13s will definitely be the DPL side, and this is the plan for all groups coming in thereafter as they phase out.  Which team is 2nd/3rd at U14+ is still in question and may vary by age for next year.

Are Solar, FCD and Texans participating in TCL?  If so, are those their 3rd or 4th best teams?

FCD is not participating in TCL next year.


Also have been told that FCD will hold general tryouts for anyone not currently rostered with GDA for a couple weeks in May.  Official announcement with details to come shortly.


What about players that are rostered?

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 386
Points : 1808
Join date : 2014-10-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by Big Ern on 25/04/18, 10:16 am

AngelinaGoalee wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
ForReal wrote:Ok.  The time is now. Fish or cut bait. Clubs are announcing tryouts, but if you’re under contract, you can’t look elsewhere yet. Clubs claim to be setting rosters and demanding commitments before players from other clubs are even allowed to go elsewhere (this is largely at 06 and older groups). So, don’t be coy or hide behind the log. Answer the following questions if you actually know:

What I know or have been told at this point by the powers that be ...


Are FCD and Solar doing GDA and ECNL at all ages?

Both plan on having ECNL for U14 and up, but I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't end up happening.  Been told that FCD is phasing out ECNL at for the 06s and younger starting next year.

What are the Texans doing?  GDA or ECNL?  Or both?  

I hear they are doing both next year (but doubt that'll be the case thereafter).

Is DPL (or DA2 as some might call it) happening?  At all ages? At all GDA clubs?

As timmy mentioned, yes, DPL is happening.  U13-U18/19 at FCD.  Been told that this is the case at every Frontier club starting next year as it is in Southwest.

If DPL is happening, are GDA clubs putting their 2nd or 3rd clubs in DPL or ECNL if they are doing both?

At FCD, the second team for the U13s will definitely be the DPL side, and this is the plan for all groups coming in thereafter as they phase out.  Which team is 2nd/3rd at U14+ is still in question and may vary by age for next year.

Are Solar, FCD and Texans participating in TCL?  If so, are those their 3rd or 4th best teams?

FCD is not participating in TCL next year.


Also have been told that FCD will hold general tryouts for anyone not currently rostered with GDA for a couple weeks in May.  Official announcement with details to come shortly.


What about players that are rostered?

July 1 for GDA rostered kids ... but as we all know, some of those kids are already talking to other coaches/clubs.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 904
Points : 2360
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by AngelinaGoalee on 25/04/18, 10:30 am

Big Ern wrote:
AngelinaGoalee[i][/i] wrote:
Big Ern wrote:


Also have been told that FCD will hold general tryouts for anyone not currently rostered with GDA for a couple weeks in May.  Official announcement with details to come shortly.


What about players that are rostered?

July 1 for GDA rostered kids ... but as we all know, some of those kids are already talking to other coaches/clubs.

Of course....
I’ve been hearing more whispers lately and some of the moves would be shockers for me. But I rather see them come to pass rather than fuel the rumors.

Even a Big E rumor that sort of shocks me Wink

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 386
Points : 1808
Join date : 2014-10-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by PowerKick on 25/04/18, 10:31 am

jogobonito06 wrote:FCD has been trying out in 06 for a couple of weeks now.  Solar starts 06/05 this week.  

Both internal only at this point.

Lesson learned, need to get into DA clubs early, BEFORE U13.


Last edited by PowerKick on 25/04/18, 11:54 am; edited 2 times in total

PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 160
Points : 1496
Join date : 2014-12-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by TatonkaBurger on 25/04/18, 10:42 am

PowerKick wrote:
jogobonito06 wrote:FCD has been trying out in 06 for a couple of weeks now.  Solar starts 06/05 this week.  

Both internal only at this point.

Lesson learned, need to get into DA clubs as earlier as possible, BEFORE U13.

Are you being sarcastic here?  If your DD is a strong player she will get a spot when she tries out.  Open the lines of communication with coaches but you do not have to join a garbage team just to be inside the big club.  That is silliness.
avatar
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1164
Points : 3240
Join date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by NoSpinZone on 25/04/18, 10:44 am

PowerKick wrote:
jogobonito06 wrote:FCD has been trying out in 06 for a couple of weeks now.  Solar starts 06/05 this week.  

Both internal only at this point.

Lesson learned, need to get into DA clubs as earlier as possible, BEFORE U13.

Because the DA clubs wont take the best players for their DA teams, they will take those that went over early, if not there by u7, might as play volleyball. LOL.

PK you amaze me. Nice grammar too!

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 319
Points : 2028
Join date : 2013-12-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by upper95 on 25/04/18, 11:06 am

NoSpinZone wrote:
PowerKick wrote:
jogobonito06 wrote:FCD has been trying out in 06 for a couple of weeks now.  Solar starts 06/05 this week.  

Both internal only at this point.

Lesson learned, need to get into DA clubs as earlier as possible, BEFORE U13.

Because the DA clubs wont take the best players for their DA teams, they will take those that went over early, if not there by u7, might as play volleyball. LOL.  

PK you amaze me. Nice grammar too!

It's "who", not "that".  - courtesy of Grammar Police Internal Affairs Dept

upper95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 208
Points : 3514
Join date : 2009-07-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by NoSpinZone on 25/04/18, 11:22 am

upper95 wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:
PowerKick wrote:
jogobonito06 wrote:FCD has been trying out in 06 for a couple of weeks now.  Solar starts 06/05 this week.  

Both internal only at this point.

Lesson learned, need to get into DA clubs as earlier as possible, BEFORE U13.

Because the DA clubs wont take the best players for their DA teams, they will take those that went over early, if not there by u7, might as play volleyball. LOL.  

PK you amaze me. Nice grammar too!

It's "who", not "that".  - courtesy of Grammar Police Internal Affairs Dept

busted... Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 319
Points : 2028
Join date : 2013-12-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by PowerKick on 25/04/18, 11:46 am

TatonkaBurger wrote:
PowerKick wrote:
jogobonito06 wrote:FCD has been trying out in 06 for a couple of weeks now.  Solar starts 06/05 this week.  

Both internal only at this point.

Lesson learned, need to get into DA clubs as earlier as possible, BEFORE U13.

Are you being sarcastic here?  If your DD is a strong player she will get a spot when she tries out.  Open the lines of communication with coaches but you do not have to join a garbage team just to be inside the big club.  That is silliness.

Nice show off TB, your DD is so strong that she can take any sport she want. Mine is not at this moment. :-)

PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 160
Points : 1496
Join date : 2014-12-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by PowerKick on 25/04/18, 11:49 am

NoSpinZone wrote:
PowerKick wrote:
jogobonito06 wrote:FCD has been trying out in 06 for a couple of weeks now.  Solar starts 06/05 this week.  

Both internal only at this point.

Lesson learned, need to get into DA clubs early, BEFORE U13.

Because the DA clubs wont take the best players for their DA teams, they will take those that went over early, if not there by u7, might as play volleyball. LOL.  

I meant before U13 to take advantage of internal tryout. Good try but you are a meanie.

PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 160
Points : 1496
Join date : 2014-12-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by PowerKick on 25/04/18, 11:55 am

TatonkaBurger wrote:
PowerKick wrote:
jogobonito06 wrote:FCD has been trying out in 06 for a couple of weeks now.  Solar starts 06/05 this week.  

Both internal only at this point.

Lesson learned, need to get into DA clubs earlier, BEFORE U13.

Are you being sarcastic here?  If your DD is a strong player she will get a spot when she tries out.  Open the lines of communication with coaches but you do not have to join a garbage team just to be inside the big club.  That is silliness.

PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 160
Points : 1496
Join date : 2014-12-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by NoSpinZone on 25/04/18, 11:58 am

PowerKick wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:
PowerKick wrote:
jogobonito06 wrote:FCD has been trying out in 06 for a couple of weeks now.  Solar starts 06/05 this week.  

Both internal only at this point.

Lesson learned, need to get into DA clubs as early as possible, BEFORE U13.

Because the DA clubs wont take the best players for their DA teams, they will take those that went over early, if not there by u7, might as play volleyball. LOL.  

I meant before U13 to take advantage of internal tryout. Good intent but you are a meanie.

All in good fun PK!!

FCD said 75% internal and 25% external(or something like that). Ok, but I doubt they turn away talent to hold to that. I still contend it doesnt matter, if your kid is good. I've been wrong before though. What is so special about internal tryouts in your opinion? If a kid makes it, but is 12th of 12, and 5 external candidates come in from outside... your kid now 17th and cut. Agree?

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 319
Points : 2028
Join date : 2013-12-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by PowerKick on 25/04/18, 01:20 pm

NoSpinZone wrote:

FCD said 75% internal and 25% external(or something like that).  Ok, but I doubt they turn away talent to hold to that.  I still contend it doesnt matter, if your kid is good.  I've been wrong before though.  What is so special about internal tryouts in your opinion?  If a kid makes it, but is 12th of 12, and 5 external candidates come in from outside... your kid now 17th and cut. Agree?

"If your kid is good" is very misleading. For all those top 17/18 kids, they are all very good. However is it easier to get into the top 12 internally or top 5 externally? Think about how many good players from SB, it is obviously.

I would also emphasize the "earlier" part. The earlier you can get into their systems, the earlier you can get their training, their attentions, and the earlier you can get noticed by the DA coaches from other clubs. However there are always parents who think their kids are strong, actually I think they are coaches from Sting, Liverpool or D'Feeters :-)


PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 160
Points : 1496
Join date : 2014-12-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by TatonkaBurger on 25/04/18, 01:21 pm

PowerKick wrote:
TatonkaBurger wrote:
PowerKick wrote:
jogobonito06 wrote:FCD has been trying out in 06 for a couple of weeks now.  Solar starts 06/05 this week.  

Both internal only at this point.

Lesson learned, need to get into DA clubs as earlier as possible, BEFORE U13.

Are you being sarcastic here?  If your DD is a strong player she will get a spot when she tries out.  Open the lines of communication with coaches but you do not have to join a garbage team just to be inside the big club.  That is silliness.

Nice show off TB, your DD is so strong that she can take any sport she want. Mine is not at this moment. :-)

I was not trying to show off.  My point is that it should not matter.  If your DD is not there yet, and not up to DA level, but that is the eventual goal, do not rush over to a DA club just to be there.  Once she gets to the appropriate level, the DA clubs will notice her.  

There are plenty of coaches at the lower level of the DA clubs that will not make a dent in your DD's development.  Go find the best coach for her.  Do not get blinded by the name on the shirt.


Last edited by TatonkaBurger on 25/04/18, 01:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I type with 2 hooves)
avatar
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1164
Points : 3240
Join date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by TatonkaBurger on 25/04/18, 01:24 pm

PowerKick wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:

FCD said 75% internal and 25% external(or something like that).  Ok, but I doubt they turn away talent to hold to that.  I still contend it doesnt matter, if your kid is good.  I've been wrong before though.  What is so special about internal tryouts in your opinion?  If a kid makes it, but is 12th of 12, and 5 external candidates come in from outside... your kid now 17th and cut. Agree?

"If your kid is good" is very misleading. For all those top 17/18 kids, they are all very good. However is it easier to get into the top 12 internally or top 5 externally? Think about how many good players from SB, it is obviously.

I would also emphasize the "earlier" part. The earlier you can get into their systems, the earlier you can get their training, their attentions, and the earlier you can get noticed by the DA coaches from other clubs. However there are always parents who think their kids are strong, actually I think they are coaches from Sting, Liverpool or D'Feeters :-)


Those DA clubs and their coaches will play against your DD.  If she is good and stands out, they will notice her.  Those coaches are watching the opponent too.

drunken
avatar
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1164
Points : 3240
Join date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by PowerKick on 25/04/18, 01:25 pm

TatonkaBurger wrote:
PowerKick wrote:
TatonkaBurger wrote:
PowerKick wrote:
jogobonito06 wrote:FCD has been trying out in 06 for a couple of weeks now.  Solar starts 06/05 this week.  

Both internal only at this point.

Lesson learned, need to get into DA clubs as earlier as possible, BEFORE U13.

Are you being sarcastic here?  If your DD is a strong player she will get a spot when she tries out.  Open the lines of communication with coaches but you do not have to join a garbage team just to be inside the big club.  That is silliness.

Nice show off TB, your DD is so strong that she can take any sport she want. Mine is not at this moment. :-)

I was not trying to show off.  My point is that it should not matter.  If your DD is not there yet, and not up to DA level, but that is the eventual goal, do not rush over to a DA club just to be there.  Once she gets to the appropriate level, the DA clubs will notice her.  

There are plenty of coaches at the lower level of the DA clubs that will not make a dent in your DD's development.  Do to find the best coach for her.  Do not get blinded by the name on the shirt.

Now I do agree with you, good advice TB.

PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 160
Points : 1496
Join date : 2014-12-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by AngelinaGoalee on 25/04/18, 01:28 pm

TatonkaBurger wrote:
PowerKick wrote:
TatonkaBurger wrote:
PowerKick wrote:
jogobonito06 wrote:FCD has been trying out in 06 for a couple of weeks now.  Solar starts 06/05 this week.  

Both internal only at this point.

Lesson learned, need to get into DA clubs as earlier as possible, BEFORE U13.

Are you being sarcastic here?  If your DD is a strong player she will get a spot when she tries out.  Open the lines of communication with coaches but you do not have to join a garbage team just to be inside the big club.  That is silliness.

Nice show off TB, your DD is so strong that she can take any sport she want. Mine is not at this moment. :-)

I was not trying to show off.  My point is that it should not matter.  If your DD is not there yet, and not up to DA level, but that is the eventual goal, do not rush over to a DA club just to be there.  Once she gets to the appropriate level, the DA clubs will notice her.  

There are plenty of coaches at the lower level of the DA clubs that will not make a dent in your DD's development.  Do to find the best coach for her.  Do not get blinded by the name on the shirt.


as the youngsters say..."real spill"

thats very good advice....any parent would regret having their kid spectate from the bench with limited to no playing time at a hefty travel cost....just to tell others "my daughter is in the DA."

And dont think an extra training session is better than 2 solid trainings and a thorough private training and an independent workout.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 386
Points : 1808
Join date : 2014-10-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for Answers

Post by Bodhisattva on 25/04/18, 01:44 pm

PowerKick wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:

FCD said 75% internal and 25% external(or something like that).  Ok, but I doubt they turn away talent to hold to that.  I still contend it doesnt matter, if your kid is good.  I've been wrong before though.  What is so special about internal tryouts in your opinion?  If a kid makes it, but is 12th of 12, and 5 external candidates come in from outside... your kid now 17th and cut. Agree?

"If your kid is good" is very misleading. For all those top 17/18 kids, they are all very good. However is it easier to get into the top 12 internally or top 5 externally? Think about how many good players from SB, it is obviously.

I would also emphasize the "earlier" part. The earlier you can get into their systems, the earlier you can get their training, their attentions, and the earlier you can get noticed by the DA coaches from other clubs. However there are always parents who think their kids are strong, actually I think they are coaches from Sting, Liverpool or D'Feeters :-)


Bodhisattva digs this message. It has been proven over the years that coaches stick with "their" players because they know what they're getting, the girls know their sessions and their expectations and most of all, the coaches know that the player and the parents will not bring drama. The earlier the better. Call it politics or familiarity. Whatever it is, there is something to it.

__________________________________________________
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.
avatar
Bodhisattva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 349
Points : 1388
Join date : 2015-10-06
Location : Los Angeles, CA

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum