Latest topics
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Statistics
We have 12912 registered users
The newest registered user is horns_fan

Our users have posted a total of 185396 messages in 24828 subjects

TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNL

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Re: TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNL

Post by ForReal on 22/11/18, 11:22 pm

Zizou wrote:Just from a logistics standpoint of moving players between teams, scheduling, and travel it will work better for both clubs. FDL and ECNL teams will combine and the leftovers will move back to LHGCL.

Easier said than done. Not all clubs have good LHGCL options or any real D1 options for that matter. And who is to assume that the LHGCL teams want the castoffs or that the castoffs want the LHGCL teams within the club (for example, inconvenient practice times or locations)?  Expansion followed by contraction - yet another way the clubs have messed with DDs after the age pure split. It would have been far smoother if the clubs didn’t race to create 2-3 teams “above” LHGCL.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 547
Join date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Re: TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNL

Post by Zizou on 23/11/18, 04:14 am

ForReal wrote:
Zizou wrote:Just from a logistics standpoint of moving players between teams, scheduling, and travel it will work better for both clubs. FDL and ECNL teams will combine and the leftovers will move back to LHGCL.

Easier said than done. Not all clubs have good LHGCL options or any real D1 options for that matter. And who is to assume that the LHGCL teams want the castoffs or that the castoffs want the LHGCL teams within the club (for example, inconvenient practice times or locations)?  Expansion followed by contraction - yet another way the clubs have messed with DDs after the age pure split. It would have been far smoother if the clubs didn’t race to create 2-3 teams “above” LHGCL.

Decisions ,decisions , decisions You are right about one thing clubs don’t make decisions over your convenience. Plus, you could clearly see that this is power play by the soccer federation to increase their control over women’s soccer. It seems ultimatums have been given. You are all in or your out! Like it, don’t like it , love it, or leave it.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2381
Points : 4416
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNL

Post by 05DD on 23/11/18, 09:25 am

Zizou wrote:
ForReal wrote:
Zizou wrote:Just from a logistics standpoint of moving players between teams, scheduling, and travel it will work better for both clubs. FDL and ECNL teams will combine and the leftovers will move back to LHGCL.

Easier said than done. Not all clubs have good LHGCL options or any real D1 options for that matter. And who is to assume that the LHGCL teams want the castoffs or that the castoffs want the LHGCL teams within the club (for example, inconvenient practice times or locations)?  Expansion followed by contraction - yet another way the clubs have messed with DDs after the age pure split. It would have been far smoother if the clubs didn’t race to create 2-3 teams “above” LHGCL.

Decisions ,decisions , decisions You are right about one thing clubs don’t make decisions over your convenience. Plus, you could clearly see that this is power play by the soccer federation to increase their control over women’s soccer. It seems ultimatums have been given. You are all in or your out! Like it, don’t like it , love it, or leave it.
This seems like it could be a bad move for Solar. Especially from the girls side. Girls DA still seems like it could blow up anytime. From major clubs pulling out, to Heinrichs being canned, to the u17 debacle, the future of GDA still seems uncertain. FCD doesn't really care. Players will continue lining up in Frisco.
05DD
05DD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 87
Points : 2247
Join date : 2013-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNL

Post by Straighttalk on 23/11/18, 10:17 am

All these u17 players were in ECNL at some  point.
Nationals at u12 won’t solve anything.
Our pay per play model won’t keep us afloat on top of Everest forever.
The rest of the world are more technical and tactical . So far, we were just plain fortunate that other countries didn’t have a bigger player pool and funds until now.
I am just disappointed to see 2 girls from ntx in theu17 squad.
All I am saying , we need new ideas , new coaching methodologies in nurturing local talent.
Nothing has changed in NTX no matter what leagues our DDs are playing.  same clubs , same drills , same beliefs , same DOCS and same results year after year.

05DD wrote:
Zizou wrote:
ForReal wrote:
Zizou wrote:Just from a logistics standpoint of moving players between teams, scheduling, and travel it will work better for both clubs. FDL and ECNL teams will combine and the leftovers will move back to LHGCL.

Easier said than done. Not all clubs have good LHGCL options or any real D1 options for that matter. And who is to assume that the LHGCL teams want the castoffs or that the castoffs want the LHGCL teams within the club (for example, inconvenient practice times or locations)?  Expansion followed by contraction - yet another way the clubs have messed with DDs after the age pure split. It would have been far smoother if the clubs didn’t race to create 2-3 teams “above” LHGCL.

Decisions ,decisions , decisions You are right about one thing clubs don’t make decisions over your convenience. Plus, you could clearly see that this is power play by the soccer federation to increase their control over women’s soccer. It seems ultimatums have been given. You are all in or your out! Like it, don’t like it , love it, or leave it.
This seems like it could be a bad move for Solar. Especially from the girls side. Girls DA still seems like it could blow up anytime. From major clubs pulling out, to Heinrichs being canned, to the u17 debacle, the future of GDA still seems uncertain. FCD doesn't really care. Players will continue lining up in Frisco.

Straighttalk
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 3
Points : 93
Join date : 2018-11-22

Back to top Go down

Re: TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNL

Post by AtThePitch on 23/11/18, 10:30 am

Straighttalk wrote:All these u17 players were in ECNL at some  point.
Nationals at u12 won’t solve anything.
Our pay per play model won’t keep us afloat on top of Everest forever.
The rest of the world are more technical and tactical . So far, we were just plain fortunate that other countries didn’t have a bigger player pool and funds until now.
I am just disappointed to see 2 girls from ntx in theu17 squad.
All I am saying , we need new ideas , new coaching methodologies in nurturing local talent.
Nothing has changed in NTX no matter what leagues our DDs are playing.  same clubs , same drills , same beliefs , same DOCS and same results year after year.

05DD wrote:
Zizou wrote:
ForReal wrote:
Zizou wrote:Just from a logistics standpoint of moving players between teams, scheduling, and travel it will work better for both clubs. FDL and ECNL teams will combine and the leftovers will move back to LHGCL.

Easier said than done. Not all clubs have good LHGCL options or any real D1 options for that matter. And who is to assume that the LHGCL teams want the castoffs or that the castoffs want the LHGCL teams within the club (for example, inconvenient practice times or locations)?  Expansion followed by contraction - yet another way the clubs have messed with DDs after the age pure split. It would have been far smoother if the clubs didn’t race to create 2-3 teams “above” LHGCL.

Decisions ,decisions , decisions You are right about one thing clubs don’t make decisions over your convenience. Plus, you could clearly see that this is power play by the soccer federation to increase their control over women’s soccer. It seems ultimatums have been given. You are all in or your out! Like it, don’t like it , love it, or leave it.
This seems like it could be a bad move for Solar. Especially from the girls side. Girls DA still seems like it could blow up anytime. From major clubs pulling out, to Heinrichs being canned, to the u17 debacle, the future of GDA still seems uncertain. FCD doesn't really care. Players will continue lining up in Frisco.

Nationals in ECNL is U13 as has always been the case in USYSA.

You touch on many solid issues, but what no one wants to say...

It's the American way if doing things that ultimately gets in the way.

Super teams at U8, to win at all costs, pund anyone and everyone , write big checks to ensure it. What's the fancy medal at U9 get them... Just more wins.
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 692
Points : 3354
Join date : 2011-12-18

Back to top Go down

Re: TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNL

Post by 05DD on 23/11/18, 12:24 pm

Straighttalk wrote:All these u17 players were in ECNL at some  point.
Nationals at u12 won’t solve anything.
Our pay per play model won’t keep us afloat on top of Everest forever.
The rest of the world are more technical and tactical . So far, we were just plain fortunate that other countries didn’t have a bigger player pool and funds until now.
I am just disappointed to see 2 girls from ntx in theu17 squad.
All I am saying , we need new ideas , new coaching methodologies in nurturing local talent.
Nothing has changed in NTX no matter what leagues our DDs are playing.  same clubs , same drills , same beliefs , same DOCS and same results year after year.

05DD wrote:
Zizou wrote:
ForReal wrote:
Zizou wrote:Just from a logistics standpoint of moving players between teams, scheduling, and travel it will work better for both clubs. FDL and ECNL teams will combine and the leftovers will move back to LHGCL.

Easier said than done. Not all clubs have good LHGCL options or any real D1 options for that matter. And who is to assume that the LHGCL teams want the castoffs or that the castoffs want the LHGCL teams within the club (for example, inconvenient practice times or locations)?  Expansion followed by contraction - yet another way the clubs have messed with DDs after the age pure split. It would have been far smoother if the clubs didn’t race to create 2-3 teams “above” LHGCL.

Decisions ,decisions , decisions You are right about one thing clubs don’t make decisions over your convenience. Plus, you could clearly see that this is power play by the soccer federation to increase their control over women’s soccer. It seems ultimatums have been given. You are all in or your out! Like it, don’t like it , love it, or leave it.
This seems like it could be a bad move for Solar. Especially from the girls side. Girls DA still seems like it could blow up anytime. From major clubs pulling out, to Heinrichs being canned, to the u17 debacle, the future of GDA still seems uncertain. FCD doesn't really care. Players will continue lining up in Frisco.
Not all played ECNL, but that was not really the point. No one ever said anything about u12. What's disappointing about NTX players making the YNT? Agree that nothing has changed.
05DD
05DD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 87
Points : 2247
Join date : 2013-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNL

Post by timmyh on 23/11/18, 01:08 pm

So back to my question... is it true that FCD and Solar will be dropping ECNL after this season? That'll make for a very interesting summer.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 216
Points : 1536
Join date : 2015-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNL

Post by Zizou on 23/11/18, 01:45 pm

I don’t see this happening unless of course they are pressured from an outside source. FCD with a women’s pro team in the near future would embrace the DA system to feed players into that pro team.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2381
Points : 4416
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNL

Post by Zizou on 23/11/18, 01:52 pm

05DD wrote:
Zizou wrote:
ForReal wrote:
Zizou wrote:Just from a logistics standpoint of moving players between teams, scheduling, and travel it will work better for both clubs. FDL and ECNL teams will combine and the leftovers will move back to LHGCL.

Easier said than done. Not all clubs have good LHGCL options or any real D1 options for that matter. And who is to assume that the LHGCL teams want the castoffs or that the castoffs want the LHGCL teams within the club (for example, inconvenient practice times or locations)?  Expansion followed by contraction - yet another way the clubs have messed with DDs after the age pure split. It would have been far smoother if the clubs didn’t race to create 2-3 teams “above” LHGCL.

Decisions ,decisions , decisions You are right about one thing clubs don’t make decisions over your convenience. Plus, you could clearly see that this is power play by the soccer federation to increase their control over women’s soccer. It seems ultimatums have been given. You are all in or your out! Like it, don’t like it , love it, or leave it.
This seems like it could be a bad move for Solar. Especially from the girls side. Girls DA still seems like it could blow up anytime. From major clubs pulling out, to Heinrichs being canned, to the u17 debacle, the future of GDA still seems uncertain. FCD doesn't really care. Players will continue lining up in Frisco.

It may not be a popular decision but won’t slow down the solar red girls machine behind a star studded coaching staff.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2381
Points : 4416
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNL

Post by 918soccer on 25/11/18, 10:45 am

Most soccer regions are scrambling to resolve the dilution crisis by getting all of the top clubs in local markets in the same league. The thought is that dilution and reduced competition will gradually impact performance against markets with stronger competition. This is the situation that clubs like Solar and Tophat find themselves in. Many at Tophat believe the competition in GDA has dropped too far in their region and could hurt the club in the long run, and they are working to reverse the problem by gettng all of the top clubs from Georgia in the same league. The question isn't whether clubs should choose GDA or ECNL, its whether they can improve competition by finding a solution to dilution. If Solar and FCD drop ECNL, NTX and leagues in this region will remain diluted. Solar and FCD have the power to fix this problem, bring all of the top clubs together and form one of the most competitive leagues in the country once again.

918soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 42
Points : 500
Join date : 2017-11-20

Back to top Go down

Re: TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNL

Post by AtThePitch on 25/11/18, 11:32 am

918soccer wrote:Most soccer regions are scrambling to resolve the dilution crisis by getting all of the top clubs in local markets in the same league. The thought is that dilution and reduced competition will gradually impact performance against markets with stronger competition. This is the situation that clubs like Solar and Tophat find themselves in. Many at Tophat believe the competition in GDA has dropped too far in their region and could hurt the club in the long run, and they are working to reverse the problem by gettng all of the top clubs from Georgia in the same league. The question isn't whether clubs should choose GDA or ECNL, its whether they can improve competition by finding a solution to dilution. If Solar and FCD drop ECNL, NTX and leagues in this region will remain diluted. Solar and FCD have the power to fix this problem.

I believe it's the opposite... The high number of teams creates the dilution you see. By decreasing the number of teams, the best talent from each squad migrating to the remaining squads increases the talent depth on each respective squad in each league.
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 692
Points : 3354
Join date : 2011-12-18

Back to top Go down

Re: TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNL

Post by Zizou on 25/11/18, 11:58 am

Yep, I’m pretty sure FC Dallas and Solar could careless about the other clubs in this city. They want the talent to continue to crush it at the national level.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2381
Points : 4416
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNL

Post by BENDMEOVER on 25/11/18, 06:44 pm

It's about time to announce another league theres plenty of players out there ready to sign up.

__________________________________________________
https://youtu.be/bDktBZzQIiU
BENDMEOVER
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 275
Points : 583
Join date : 2018-06-10

Back to top Go down

Re: TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNL

Post by Big Ern on 27/11/18, 12:07 am

timmyh wrote:So back to my question... is it true that FCD and Solar will be dropping ECNL after this season? That'll make for a very interesting summer.

Is it true now ... no.  Neither know WTH they're going to be doing next year at this point.

Will it be true at some point next June ... maybe.  

Same speculation as last year.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1011
Points : 2681
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNL

Post by 07soccerdad on 29/01/19, 05:04 pm

Big Ern wrote:
timmyh wrote:So back to my question... is it true that FCD and Solar will be dropping ECNL after this season? That'll make for a very interesting summer.

Is it true now ... no.  Neither know WTH they're going to be doing next year at this point.

Will it be true at some point next June ... maybe.  

Same speculation as last year.


Does anyone have any updates on this? Also does anyone know if DA will still be around for FCD u13 next year? Thanks

07soccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 27
Points : 1176
Join date : 2015-12-30

Back to top Go down

Re: TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNL

Post by timmyh on 30/01/19, 12:11 am

07soccerdad wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
timmyh wrote:So back to my question... is it true that FCD and Solar will be dropping ECNL after this season? That'll make for a very interesting summer.

Is it true now ... no.  Neither know WTH they're going to be doing next year at this point.

Will it be true at some point next June ... maybe.  

Same speculation as last year.


Does anyone have any updates on this? Also does anyone know if DA will still be around for FCD u13 next year? Thanks

I have zero credibility in terms of actually knowing anything concrete, but the rumors I hear from people who seem to know things is that FCD is keeping DA and dropping ECNL and Solar is keeping both DA and ECNL and that U13 DA will be in place again next year.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 216
Points : 1536
Join date : 2015-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNL

Post by AngelinaGoalee on 30/01/19, 08:54 am

It’s best to wait until Late March early April to start speculations. That way you don’t have to wait as long before the truth comes out in July...

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 456
Points : 2106
Join date : 2014-10-03

Back to top Go down

Re: TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNL

Post by ItsMeAgain on 31/01/19, 04:15 pm

DA keeps modifying and changing their rules and are slowly becoming more like the ecnl playing model....................next thing you know it will be DA demanding that clubs with presence in both league drop ecnl instead of ecnl making the demand...................both leagues have become competing leagues with watered down talent that make the good teams look great and the bad teams look s-h-i-t-t-y...............congrats us soccer........................youre model to continue falling behind the rest of the world is succeeding..................
ItsMeAgain
ItsMeAgain
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 204
Points : 1996
Join date : 2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

Re: TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNL

Post by Big Ern on 31/01/19, 04:29 pm

ItsMeAgain wrote:DA keeps modifying and changing their rules and are slowly becoming more like the ecnl playing model....................next thing you know it will be DA demanding that clubs with presence in both league drop ecnl instead of ecnl making the demand...................both leagues have become competing leagues with watered down talent that make the good teams look great and the bad teams look s-h-i-t-t-y...............congrats us soccer........................youre model to continue falling behind the rest of the world is succeeding..................

Agreed ^ for the most part ItsMe ... But I'd add that US Soccer, quite rightly, doesn't consider, nor do they care much at all about, 'teams' --

It's all about the individual player and identification.  Therefore, your contention that the competing platforms have "watered down" anything, has little to no bearing on their initiatives.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1011
Points : 2681
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNL

Post by BENDMEOVER on 31/01/19, 07:08 pm

Does it really at the end of the day matter it's  just less paper work trying to move players around all the teams. The front office might get a little break if it did happen. I really think it's  a mute discussion.

__________________________________________________
https://youtu.be/bDktBZzQIiU
BENDMEOVER
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 275
Points : 583
Join date : 2018-06-10

Back to top Go down

Re: TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNL

Post by ItsMeAgain on 01/02/19, 09:57 am

Big Ern wrote:
ItsMeAgain wrote:DA keeps modifying and changing their rules and are slowly becoming more like the ecnl playing model....................next thing you know it will be DA demanding that clubs with presence in both league drop ecnl instead of ecnl making the demand...................both leagues have become competing leagues with watered down talent that make the good teams look great and the bad teams look s-h-i-t-t-y...............congrats us soccer........................youre model to continue falling behind the rest of the world is succeeding..................

Agreed ^ for the most part ItsMe ... But I'd add that US Soccer, quite rightly, doesn't consider, nor do they care much at all about, 'teams' --

It's all about the individual player and identification.  Therefore, your contention that the competing platforms have "watered down" anything, has little to no bearing on their initiatives.

correct......................and part of their goal was to consolidate that INDIVIDUAL talent in to one league for national team evaluation purposes........................so yes it does have some bearing on it being watered down when kids look like stud players when playing against crap opponents............................when they may simply be mediocre talent and they neglect possible superior talent that stayed with the ecnl platform..........................fail........................
ItsMeAgain
ItsMeAgain
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 204
Points : 1996
Join date : 2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

Re: TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNL

Post by AtThePitch on 01/02/19, 11:58 am

What will be interesting is the changes coming to what had been known as Market Training center

No longer will US soccer only be looking at DA clubs for this, and no longer will they be pushing players to switch to DA clubs.

Looking forward to all these changes!

As an amigo of mine likes to say... "Count on change"
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 692
Points : 3354
Join date : 2011-12-18

Back to top Go down

Re: TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNL

Post by FroZone on 07/02/19, 06:16 pm

Hearing that at least 1 NTX GDA club has approached ECNL asking for a 2 team deal like Concorde Fire/Michigan Hawks got in exchange for dropping out of DA. Suspect
FroZone
FroZone
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 23
Points : 618
Join date : 2017-07-05
Location : Looking for my Super Suit

Back to top Go down

Re: TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNL

Post by BENDMEOVER on 07/02/19, 08:30 pm

The prodigal son returns home.

__________________________________________________
https://youtu.be/bDktBZzQIiU
BENDMEOVER
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 275
Points : 583
Join date : 2018-06-10

Back to top Go down

Re: TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNL

Post by Big Ern on 07/02/19, 09:36 pm

FroZone wrote:Hearing that at least 1 NTX GDA club has approached ECNL asking for a 2 team deal like Concorde Fire/Michigan Hawks got in exchange for dropping out of DA.  Suspect

Gosh FroYo ...

If only AS were that gullible Razz

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1011
Points : 2681
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNL

Post by Big Ern on 07/02/19, 09:43 pm

AtThePitch wrote:What will be interesting is the changes coming to what had been known as Market Training center

No longer will US soccer only be looking at DA clubs for this, and no longer will they be pushing players to switch to DA clubs.

Looking forward to all these changes!

As an amigo of mine likes to say... "Count on change"

Ahhh ATP ... changes ... I love 'em but didn't know were you such a fan of 'em (that ... and common misconceptions) ...

US Soccer is, and ha always been, looking for the best talent ... regardless of club or platform (they just happen to prefer the platform that contain the most talent ... purty simple stuff).

BTW ... 17/18 participants in the current U15 YNT ID Center are DA players.  

Please lemme know if you have any questions.

(pm is ok)   Smile

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1011
Points : 2681
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum