Latest topics
TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMSToday at 10:44 pmScubaSteve
Tournament upset alertToday at 06:04 pmCheckpoint Charlie
03 DT Fall Festival Today at 12:16 pmAnt_Knee
League Challenge Cup discussionYesterday at 09:17 pmteddykgb
Out of ControlYesterday at 03:33 pmCornydogonastick
06 Boys looking for a free or half price tourney in DecemberYesterday at 03:09 pmEFC-Soccer
GEE THANKS DTSC FALL FESTIVAL!?Yesterday at 02:26 pmGameday 04 New
07 Boys Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)Yesterday at 01:35 pmU90C
03 Boys Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)Yesterday at 01:04 pmU90C
Dfeeters Thanksgiving ShowcaseYesterday at 12:52 pmcanaryman
12 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)Yesterday at 12:21 pmU90C
09 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)Yesterday at 10:56 amU90C
07 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)Yesterday at 10:55 amU90C
11 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)Yesterday at 10:54 amU90C
10 Boys Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)Yesterday at 10:52 amU90C
Looking for guest players! Yesterday at 08:28 ampingo99
Solar East Williamson 09 JCLYesterday at 05:50 amSolarEastForney
05 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)15/11/18, 05:34 pmU90C
12 Boys Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)15/11/18, 05:32 pmU90C
07 Boys Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)15/11/18, 05:30 pmU90C
05 Boys Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)15/11/18, 05:28 pmU90C
10 Boys Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)15/11/18, 05:26 pmU90C
05 Boys Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)15/11/18, 05:25 pmU90C
05 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)15/11/18, 05:24 pmU90C
Texas Cup Tournament - 07 Gold Team Needed - Plays for Free15/11/18, 04:52 pmTexasCup
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Statistics
We have 12737 registered users
The newest registered user is KALRP11

Our users have posted a total of 183658 messages in 24437 subjects

NTX girl soccer speculations

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: NTX girl soccer speculations

Post by AngelinaGoalee on 03/05/18, 10:40 am

BrianWilliams wrote:
AngelinaGoalee wrote:
TatonkaBurger wrote:
ForReal wrote:
soccerfan09 wrote:
AngelinaGoalee wrote:All this and I still can’t believe SA and GA are at Solar...

Is this a for sure thing?

Yes.

And I thought that Solar was trying to be a club of possession style play.  Now they are going back to the age of direct boot ball.  Long live NTX soccer.  Rolling Eyes

It’s not that simple.

It’s pass when you can...boot when you can’t.

When the practice location is revealed then maybe able to see how this MAY turn out. I’m still in disbelief and so are some of the parents. Confused and sort of blindsided. The thing that made DTS was the S. If that doesn’t exist anymore then what do you have?


Are you referring to DTS parents, or Solar parents that were misled / lied to?

None...I just hear that they can’t believe GA and SA actually left DT.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 436
Join date : 2014-10-03

Back to top Go down

Re: NTX girl soccer speculations

Post by KeeperCommander on 03/05/18, 10:42 am

AngelinaGoalee wrote:
BrianWilliams wrote:
AngelinaGoalee wrote:
TatonkaBurger wrote:
ForReal wrote:
soccerfan09 wrote:

Is this a for sure thing?

Yes.

And I thought that Solar was trying to be a club of possession style play.  Now they are going back to the age of direct boot ball.  Long live NTX soccer.  Rolling Eyes

It’s not that simple.

It’s pass when you can...boot when you can’t.

When the practice location is revealed then maybe able to see how this MAY turn out. I’m still in disbelief and so are some of the parents. Confused and sort of blindsided. The thing that made DTS was the S. If that doesn’t exist anymore then what do you have?


Are you referring to DTS parents, or Solar parents that were misled / lied to?

None...I just hear that they can’t believe GA and SA actually left DT.
Solar offered a pie buffet Mon-Sat.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1649
Points : 3554
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: NTX girl soccer speculations

Post by soccertard on 03/05/18, 11:26 am

Clash of the Titans on this...

SA has a rule - If we are in the top 10 and my kid is on the team. I coach it.
HN has a rule - I own the club, and I call the shots.

Any questions?
avatar
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 302
Points : 1073
Join date : 2016-10-25

Back to top Go down

Re: NTX girl soccer speculations

Post by KeeperCommander on 03/05/18, 11:30 am

soccertard wrote:Clash of the Titans on this...

SA has a rule - If we are in the top 10 and my kid is on the team. I coach it.
HN has a rule - I own the club, and I call the shots.

Any questions?
Stupid is as Stupid does- Forrest Gump

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1649
Points : 3554
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Re: NTX girl soccer speculations

Post by goscore! on 03/05/18, 12:21 pm

Jokes aside the A bros are great coaches. They develop the players in practice & coach to win games.
my kid doesn't even play for them, but maybe that'll change now that they're up here

goscore!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 73
Points : 2577
Join date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: NTX girl soccer speculations

Post by LeftybutGoodie on 03/05/18, 12:51 pm

Great move!  I can see a few players coming back to play for SA/GA or a few down South who will now go to da FEET.
avatar
LeftybutGoodie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 42
Points : 675
Join date : 2017-03-09
Location : soccer fields

Back to top Go down

Re: NTX girl soccer speculations

Post by Bodhisattva on 03/05/18, 01:36 pm

TatonkaBurger wrote:
ForReal wrote:
soccerfan09 wrote:
AngelinaGoalee wrote:All this and I still can’t believe SA and GA are at Solar...

Is this a for sure thing?

Yes.

And I thought that Solar was trying to be a club of possession style play.  Now they are going back to the age of direct boot ball.  Long live NTX soccer.  Rolling Eyes

Agree Tonk.

__________________________________________________
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.
avatar
Bodhisattva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 349
Points : 1508
Join date : 2015-10-06
Location : Los Angeles, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: NTX girl soccer speculations

Post by Bodhisattva on 03/05/18, 01:44 pm

goscore! wrote:Jokes aside the A bros are great coaches. They develop the players in practice & coach to win games.
my kid doesn't even play for them, but maybe that'll change now that they're up here

Jokes aside, their licenses speak for themselves. They've depended on raw south side talent instead of developing. They've seriously mistreated some DDs in the past so thats why my kid will never play for them.

__________________________________________________
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.
avatar
Bodhisattva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 349
Points : 1508
Join date : 2015-10-06
Location : Los Angeles, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: NTX girl soccer speculations

Post by Lefty on 03/05/18, 01:48 pm

Not like this is the first time this scenario has played out.

Coach has a good/very good team.  
They want to keep 'their' team intact and be the 'top' team/coach at a club.
Current club says no.
Another club wants a few key players off the team for their top team.
Pay the coach, make promises, move the team intact.
Eventually the top players move to the top team and the coach and other payers can then go do as they please.

Happens every few years.

Think there was a team from the south that did that in moving to Feet for 98's or 99's.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1060
Points : 4557
Join date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: NTX girl soccer speculations

Post by 5050Ball on 03/05/18, 02:48 pm

Lefty wrote:Not like this is the first time this scenario has played out.

Coach has a good/very good team.  
They want to keep 'their' team intact and be the 'top' team/coach at a club.
Current club says no.
Another club wants a few key players off the team for their top team.
Pay the coach, make promises, move the team intact.
Eventually the top players move to the top team and the coach and other payers can then go do as they please.

Happens every few years.

Think there was a team from the south that did that in moving to Feet for 98's or 99's.

Winner, winner chicken dinner!
avatar
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 214
Points : 1481
Join date : 2015-06-19

Back to top Go down

Re: NTX girl soccer speculations

Post by yellowcard5 on 03/05/18, 02:58 pm

Have respect for what the A brothers have done with some great athletes up to U12 or U13. No one can say they don't bring good teams to the table.

However, neither of these guys will ever get near the best girls teams in any of the big clubs. They simply don't have the ability to teach the game as required for girls as they advance the age.

yellowcard5
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 97
Points : 2921
Join date : 2011-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: NTX girl soccer speculations

Post by goscore! on 03/05/18, 03:00 pm

Bodhisattva wrote:
goscore! wrote:Jokes aside the A bros are great coaches. They develop the players in practice & coach to win games.
my kid doesn't even play for them, but maybe that'll change now that they're up here

Jokes aside, their licenses speak for themselves. They've depended on raw south side talent instead of developing. They've seriously mistreated some DDs in the past so thats why my kid will never play for them.

Seriously mistreated? Do tell, I wasn't kidding when I said we would consider a move since they are close enough now. That sounds like something we should know.

goscore!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 73
Points : 2577
Join date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Re: NTX girl soccer speculations

Post by Bodhisattva on 03/05/18, 03:14 pm

goscore! wrote:
Bodhisattva wrote:
goscore! wrote:Jokes aside the A bros are great coaches. They develop the players in practice & coach to win games.
my kid doesn't even play for them, but maybe that'll change now that they're up here

Jokes aside, their licenses speak for themselves. They've depended on raw south side talent instead of developing. They've seriously mistreated some DDs in the past so thats why my kid will never play for them.

Seriously mistreated? Do tell, I wasn't kidding when I said we would consider a move since they are close enough now. That sounds like something we should know.

Because they are friends of mine, I'm not going to post their story, even if its anonymous. Every situation is different. Good luck Warchild.

__________________________________________________
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.
avatar
Bodhisattva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 349
Points : 1508
Join date : 2015-10-06
Location : Los Angeles, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: NTX girl soccer speculations

Post by TatonkaBurger on 03/05/18, 03:47 pm

yellowcard5 wrote:Have respect for what the A brothers have done with some great athletes up to U12 or U13.  No one can say they don't bring good teams to the table.

However, neither of these guys will ever get near the best girls teams in any of the big clubs.  They simply don't have the ability to teach the game as required for girls as they advance the age.

The best (aka the fastest) girls on the team always received the best coaching.  The rest are told to kick it to the best players.  That is it in a nutshell.
avatar
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1174
Points : 3371
Join date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Re: NTX girl soccer speculations

Post by TxFutbal on 03/05/18, 04:44 pm

This thread is funny.. I have been around the A-brothers teams for a while now. Never have I witnessed anything that was inappropriate or any different than how 99% of the coaches in NTX interact with the DD's on the field.

Question.. Most (over 90%) of the fastest kids play forward or outside mid positions right? Why wouldn't the mids or defenders building from the back want to get the ball to the little speedsters up top/out wide in order to get in a forward attacking position? I can tell my most defenders don't appreciate playing on their heels all day trying to prevent goals.. They would rather be part of the attack and be a part of the celebration when a goal is scored.. I could be wrong on this one..

All of the A-brothers players are well coached, have better than average skills, and more importantly have great situational awareness related to anticipating where they need to be on the field, when to overlap, when to shift, when to give n go, etc.

You guys are nuts if you think DTS is all about size/talent/kick ball. I would argue that their teams are not the biggest or the fastest in their age groups; but would say they have the best soccer knowledge and field awareness. I know they are a lot of fun to watch and teams that have to play them are in for a tough day at the office. Just sayin...

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 392
Points : 1216
Join date : 2016-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: NTX girl soccer speculations

Post by ColtMcVince on 03/05/18, 05:35 pm

The kickball commentary always cracks me up.  Turn on 90% of games played on TV and what you said is exactly what you see.  Sure they pass around but that’s but most of them are just waiting for the right time to hit that home run.  If college/pro don’t do it, why should we expect a bunch of 13 year old girls to do it.  

DTS has kicked everyone’s tail for many years.  Critiquing their style or skill or whatever seems like a bit of a stretch.  Those coaches must be doing something right.

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 169
Points : 2186
Join date : 2013-05-13

Back to top Go down

Re: NTX girl soccer speculations

Post by Medicine Man on 03/05/18, 05:43 pm

Hes st Solar now old news. Who's next?

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
avatar
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 1413
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Re: NTX girl soccer speculations

Post by Lefty on 03/05/18, 06:25 pm

ColtMcVince wrote:The kickball commentary always cracks me up.  Turn on 90% of games played on TV and what you said is exactly what you see.  Sure they pass around but that’s but most of them are just waiting for the right time to hit that home run.  If college/pro don’t do it, why should we expect a bunch of 13 year old girls to do it.  

DTS has kicked everyone’s tail for many years.  Critiquing their style or skill or whatever seems like a bit of a stretch.  Those coaches must be doing something right.

Agree.  Don't have to like it but it is what American Soccer is top to bottom.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1060
Points : 4557
Join date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: NTX girl soccer speculations

Post by Medicine Man on 03/05/18, 06:30 pm

Who's next on the chopping block.

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
avatar
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 1413
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Re: NTX girl soccer speculations

Post by TxFutbal on 03/05/18, 07:40 pm

saw a bunch of long ball in the Real Madrid game last night too.. It's all about creating the right match up to go get a goal..

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 392
Points : 1216
Join date : 2016-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: NTX girl soccer speculations

Post by jogobonito06 on 03/05/18, 07:47 pm

TxFutbal wrote:saw a bunch of long ball in the Real Madrid game last night too.. It's all about creating the right match up to go get a goal..  

Except no player on Real Madrid played that way at 11 or 12 yo
avatar
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 338
Points : 1838
Join date : 2014-10-30

Back to top Go down

Re: NTX girl soccer speculations

Post by Scoopitup on 03/05/18, 08:03 pm

What, do you Solar parents not appreciate your new coaches? Whoever is saying that they treat their players bad is full of crap. I have never seen that. They are not different than any other coaches in demanding the best out of their players.

Scoopitup
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 7
Points : 303
Join date : 2018-01-27

Back to top Go down

Re: NTX girl soccer speculations

Post by Medicine Man on 03/05/18, 08:09 pm

Probably a cousin related to Zizou. Hes been crying all year cause he needs his poopee diapers changed. Laughing

They got what they wanted let's move on and pay our bills. Next please.

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
avatar
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 1413
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Re: NTX girl soccer speculations

Post by Bodhisattva on 04/05/18, 08:15 am

TxFutbal wrote:This thread is funny.. I have been around the A-brothers teams for a while now.  Never have I witnessed anything that was inappropriate or any different than how 99% of the coaches in NTX interact with the DD's on the field.  

Question..  Most (over 90%) of the fastest kids play forward or outside mid positions right?  Why wouldn't the mids or defenders building from the back want to get the ball to the little speedsters up top/out wide in order to get in a forward attacking position?  I can tell my most defenders don't appreciate playing on their heels all day trying to prevent goals.. They would rather be part of the attack and be a part of the celebration when a goal is scored..  I could be wrong on this one..  

All of the A-brothers players are well coached, have better than average skills, and more importantly have great situational awareness related to anticipating where they need to be on the field, when to overlap, when to shift, when to give n go, etc.  

You guys are nuts if you think DTS is all about size/talent/kick ball.  I would argue that their teams are not the biggest or the fastest in their age groups; but would say they have the best soccer knowledge and field awareness.  I know they are a lot of fun to watch and teams that have to play them are in for a tough day at the office.  Just sayin...

Dude, you're a KP guy, of course you're on board with these two. I have witnessed. So what? DTS was never the biggest, but if don't think they were the fastest in their group, please share your edibles.

__________________________________________________
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.
avatar
Bodhisattva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 349
Points : 1508
Join date : 2015-10-06
Location : Los Angeles, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: NTX girl soccer speculations

Post by Bodhisattva on 04/05/18, 08:17 am

ColtMcVince wrote:The kickball commentary always cracks me up.  Turn on 90% of games played on TV and what you said is exactly what you see.  Sure they pass around but that’s but most of them are just waiting for the right time to hit that home run.  If college/pro don’t do it, why should we expect a bunch of 13 year old girls to do it.  

DTS has kicked everyone’s ass for many years.  Critiquing their style or skill or whatever seems like a bit of a stretch.  Those coaches must be doing something right.

I agree. Go join them if you want to peak at U11...

__________________________________________________
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.
avatar
Bodhisattva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 349
Points : 1508
Join date : 2015-10-06
Location : Los Angeles, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: NTX girl soccer speculations

Post by Medicine Man on 04/05/18, 08:37 am

All I see is a win win situation for both sides. Everybody happy except the customer. Theres 100 other parents who will pay for that patch. Next.please.

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
avatar
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 1413
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum