North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Solar 03 Kennington - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

Solar 03 Kennington

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Solar 03 Kennington - Page 3 Empty Re: Solar 03 Kennington

Post by Guest 07/05/18, 04:50 pm

mixitup wrote:
notdavidmay wrote:Unfortunately DeltaTC, the few that realize why it is genius are all about gone.  

Do you think the abuse coaching gets better or worse when they get to college?

I think it depends on the coach.  In all sports, at all levels, there are different styles of coaching.  Unfortunately, there are a lot of folks that feel if their kid is yelled at or reprimanded in a way they don't agree with, then it is abuse.  Rather than looking ahead at how college coaches are, look back at coaches 20-30 years ago.  Expectations were known each player was held accountable.  

What I've seen and heard, both on the club and college side, is only a small sliver of the entire landscape, so I'm definitely no expert.  Of the small sliver that I have seen and heard, I don't think there's much difference.  There's some major A-holes coaching in club and there's some major A-holes coaching in college.  Overall, I don't see a big difference.  More dependent on the specific coach and specific situation.

Back to top Go down

Post by purezen 07/05/18, 09:04 pm

NoSpinZone wrote:
04Soccer wrote:Whether the letter gets reposted or not, the truth is already out. It was also out last year and the year before, but no one above him, had the backbone to stand up and do something about it. Some parents did and some did not and in the end. Its the kids that suffer the most. It t is easy for a coach to keep this type of behavior, when everyone above him  just closes their eyes and pretends nothing has happened. I would hope the club now would do something about it, but the track record proves otherwise .

Solar has his players now, so easy to dispose of.  Might depend on if solar needs him to coach.  They do have 2 new coaches in the mix now.

Yea and GA’s track record is polished and squeaky clean Very Happy Shocked Shocked
purezen
purezen
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 07/05/18, 09:15 pm

Theres no guarantees in corporate America victims are just casualties. The bottom line is all that matters. The trend will only stop if the customer doesn't buy the product. Economics 101 Supply and Demand.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 07/05/18, 09:31 pm

purezen wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:
04Soccer wrote:Whether the letter gets reposted or not, the truth is already out. It was also out last year and the year before, but no one above him, had the backbone to stand up and do something about it. Some parents did and some did not and in the end. Its the kids that suffer the most. It t is easy for a coach to keep this type of behavior, when everyone above him  just closes their eyes and pretends nothing has happened. I would hope the club now would do something about it, but the track record proves otherwise .

Solar has his players now, so easy to dispose of.  Might depend on if solar needs him to coach.  They do have 2 new coaches in the mix now.

Yea and GA’s track record is polished and squeaky clean Very Happy Shocked Shocked

afro ^

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 08/05/18, 06:34 am

We gotten two sides of the story and a history it appears. Keep us posted on what happens. Sounds like more coaching changes and players.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 08/05/18, 10:09 am

dang....somebody got banned

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DT03GWhiteNPL 08/05/18, 10:17 am

D'Feeters thanks you JK...
DT03GWhiteNPL
DT03GWhiteNPL
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 08/05/18, 10:41 am

Did they finally ban big ern?
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 08/05/18, 12:16 pm

Somebody's trash can be someone's treasure.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CBTeamworks 09/05/18, 12:08 am

dreadpirateroberts wrote:
Medicine Man wrote:If coaches are abusing your kids then if you are ok w that so be it. If not leave simple as that. Kids will thrive in situations where they are of equal yoke and others who are the total opposite and require a more logical approach.

Well I can only tell you my experience with the coach which was for several years and during that time he never abused my kid. He didn’t treat her like a snowflake, but like a mature young woman responsible for her own actions. She grew up a lot playing for him. I think what she liked the most was knowing what he expected from her and being held accountable to that. But nothing close to abuse ever.  Not for me or my kid. Just my experience.
I've coached against JK a few times and found him a very good coach. His players were very skilled and he was definitely not a hot head who let competition get the better of him like so many other coaches that I've run across.
CBTeamworks
CBTeamworks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 09/05/18, 07:50 am

CBTeamworks wrote:
Medicine Man wrote:If coaches are abusing your kids then if you are ok w that so be it. If not leave simple as that. Kids will thrive in situations where they are of equal yoke and others who are the total opposite and require a more logical approach.

Well I can only tell you my experience with the coach which was for several years and during that time he never abused my kid. He didn’t treat her like a snowflake, but like a mature young woman responsible for her own actions. She grew up a lot playing for him. I think what she liked the most was knowing what he expected from her and being held accountable to that. But nothing close to abuse ever.  Not for me or my kid. Just my experience.
I've coached against JK a few times and found him a very good coach. His players were very skilled and he was definitely not a hot head who let competition get the better of him like so many other coaches that I've run across.

Wasn't there but have a couple friends that were involved directly ... this didn't go down at all like what was described by the initial poster.  

And my sentiments exactly CBT -- I'd add that he's among the best trainers I've seen as well.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 5050Ball 09/05/18, 07:52 am

Big Ern wrote:
CBTeamworks wrote:

Wasn't there but have a couple friends that were involved directly ... this didn't go down at all like what was described by the initial poster.  

And my sentiments exactly CBT -- I'd add that he's among the best trainers I've seen as well.

So, an anonymous post about an anonymous letter had elements of fiction in it. What a surprise!
5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 09/05/18, 07:57 am

5050Ball wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
CBTeamworks wrote:

So, an anonymous post about an anonymous letter had elements of fiction in it.  What a surprise!

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.....

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 09/05/18, 08:02 am

Big Ern wrote:
CBTeamworks wrote:

Foxy likes the way you get around ern . Did you have friends involved directly with the kid incident or the mugshots?
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by FC1 09/05/18, 08:15 am

Related to this, but unrelated, what kind of background checks do clubs do on coaches? In this case, it appears this coach has been arrested several times for assault, one of them being felony assault. Without knowing the circumstances, do clubs do their due diligence or turn a blind eye as long as they get more revenue. Yes, that was a rhetorical question.

FC1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by UTD Field Director* 09/05/18, 08:26 am

FC1 wrote:Related to this, but unrelated, what kind of background checks do clubs do on coaches? In this case, it appears this coach has been arrested several times for assault, one of them being felony assault. Without knowing the circumstances, do clubs do their due diligence or turn a blind eye as long as they get more revenue. Yes, that was a rhetorical question.

Rhetorical answer - does it matter if the consumers don't care?

UTD Field Director*
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Here4thegossip 09/05/18, 08:33 am

Big Ern wrote:
CBTeamworks wrote:

Seems interesting....
As a parent who not only had a kid involved, but was sitting in a chair watching it happen, I can tell you minus the specific language used, that is exactly what occurred.

As for soccer knowledge, absolutely he has made my kid better.
Behaviorally, he has also taught them that people in places of authority do not need a reason to be unreasonable.

Here4thegossip
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Blank77 09/05/18, 08:36 am

NotNewHere wrote:
FC1 wrote:Related to this, but unrelated, what kind of background checks do clubs do on coaches? In this case, it appears this coach has been arrested several times for assault, one of them being felony assault. Without knowing the circumstances, do clubs do their due diligence or turn a blind eye as long as they get more revenue. Yes, that was a rhetorical question.

Rhetorical answer - does it mater if the consumers don't care?

Solar 03 Kennington - Page 3 Open-uri20150422-20810-1aonp2t_931280b6
Blank77
Blank77
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Isthatright 09/05/18, 08:48 am

Holly Hunter wrote:D'Feeters thanks you JK...

You can’t be serious

Isthatright
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 09/05/18, 09:25 am

Here4thegossip wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
CBTeamworks wrote:

Seems interesting....
As a parent who not only had a kid involved, but was sitting in a chair watching it happen, I can tell you minus the specific language used, that is exactly what occurred.

Behaviorally, he has also taught them that people in places of authority do not need a reason to be unreasonable.

Apparently, this topic is NOT approved by BigEgo.  Rolling Eyes

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 09/05/18, 09:49 am

Foxysoccermom wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
CBTeamworks wrote:

Foxy likes the way you get around ern . Did you have friends involved directly with the kid incident or the mugshots?

III don't know how to put this, buuut ... I'm kind of a big deal.

... People know me.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 09/05/18, 09:56 am

Big Ern wrote:
Foxysoccermom wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
CBTeamworks wrote:

III don't know how to put this, buuut ... I'm kind of a big deal.

... People know me.

BigEgo has this outside his house.

Solar 03 Kennington - Page 3 Legend10

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 09/05/18, 09:59 am

Obviously, you're not a golfer there spinner --

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 09/05/18, 10:09 am

Big Ern wrote:Obviously, you're not a golfer there spinner --

Do golf, just too much time near a pitch to golf as much as I would like.  Don't have time for stupid (all) Will Ferrell movies.

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 09/05/18, 10:14 am

NoSpinZone wrote:
Big Ern wrote:Obviously, you're not a golfer there spinner --

Do golf, just too much time near a pitch to golf as much as I would like.  Don't have time for stupid (all) Will Ferrell movies.

you better make time!! for Anchorman Legend of Ron Burgundy....the first one!! #Classic

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Butfirstsoccer09 09/05/18, 10:39 am

Here4thegossip wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
CBTeamworks wrote:

Seems interesting....

Interesting insight. Just curious, what was the language that was used? I assume you are saying he did not curse at the players, correct?

Butfirstsoccer09
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next