Donate and get this nifty tag!

Latest topics
Team Bye vs Club ByeToday at 05:27 amSoccerSuckers
King TUT Boys ( Too hot?)Today at 01:18 amfactsmatter
Who gets into LH?Today at 12:11 am7WhiskeyPapa
Solar 12B Castro Open PracticesYesterday at 10:50 pmKeeperDad01
Which teams get into Lake Highlands this year?Yesterday at 10:04 pmtewinn23
FBR QT Teams OnlyYesterday at 09:23 pmFoxysoccermom
Any pre pre-season predictions for Classic League this yearYesterday at 08:33 pmfactsmatter
CITY FC DALLAS 2009Yesterday at 05:18 pmbrendenleeCFC
TxSpirit 2012 Teams Plano/Murphy/Richardson/Allen/SachseYesterday at 04:09 pmTxSpiritscoccer
TxSpirit 2010 Joost - Looking to addYesterday at 04:03 pmTxSpiritscoccer
06 Boys Teams - U90C SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 17-19)Yesterday at 04:03 pmU90C
09 Boys Teams - U90C SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 17-19)Yesterday at 04:01 pmU90C
12 Girls Teams - U90C SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 17-19)Yesterday at 03:51 pmU90C
11 Girls Teams - U90C SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 17-19)Yesterday at 03:47 pmU90C
10 Girls Teams - U90C SUMMER SPLASH (Aug 17-19)Yesterday at 03:42 pmU90C
TEXAS SPURS 05G LOOKING FOR A FEW KEY PLAYERSYesterday at 02:58 pmFierceLightning
TX CLUBS SOCCER LEAGUE - U6-U19 Boys/Girls US Club SoccerYesterday at 02:57 pmSoccerSuckers
HIPOD FOR SALEYesterday at 02:32 pmfatherofoneplayer
FC DALLAS GRAHAM 08 BOYS (FRISCO) LOOKING FOR 3-4 PLAYERS!!!Yesterday at 01:52 pmZGraham
07 Boys Teams - SPORTS CAPITAL CLASSIC - AUSTIN (Aug 10-12)Yesterday at 01:28 pmU90C
North Texas United FC 2011Yesterday at 12:23 pmTripDDs
Girl Scout Cookies Thin Mints and SamoasYesterday at 12:00 pmBlank77
DALLAS ROMA jerseys # 1 Youth SMALL Yesterday at 11:37 amsoccer07
Dallas Roma jerseys #7 Youth XS Yesterday at 11:35 amsoccer07
Dad Just Figuring This OutYesterday at 11:26 amMultivitamin

I forgot my password

Statistics
We have 12500 registered users
The newest registered user is KickinBallsSince2008

Our users have posted a total of 179561 messages in 23792 subjects

North Texas State Cup Champions

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

North Texas State Cup Champions

Post by Soccahplayah on 14/05/18, 10:02 am

Did anyone see the 03Grado vs LP finale?  Hats off to Grado and his team for a very well played tournament.  I believe his 99s won, too!
Soccahplayah
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: North Texas State Cup Champions

Post by CardinalRule on 14/05/18, 10:12 am

I can't speak to the 99's, but that wasn't 03 Grado. It was definitely Solar...with a small mix of Grado.

CardinalRule
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccahplayah on 14/05/18, 10:31 am

CardinalRule wrote:I can't speak to the 99's, but that wasn't 03 Grado.  It was definitely Solar...with a small mix of Grado.

How do you figure? Every girl that played has been with him for at least two years, except for one player that joined around International Cup (not sure exactly when.) The majority has been with him for 4+ years. You need to check your facts.
Soccahplayah
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CardinalRule on 14/05/18, 10:51 am

Alright, prove me wrong. Post the official roster from both LH and State Cup. It will only take your Team Manager 2 minutes to show a screen shot of both. We can compare the rosters for ourselves. If you are right, you can prove to everyone how Grado improved so much that they managed to dismantle all the teams that beat or tied them this year.

I don't care if Solar won it, just admit it was a club win and move on.

CardinalRule
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man on 14/05/18, 11:05 am

Why dont we just pool the top players in NTX no club affiliation and have the clubs bid. Highest bidder the money goes to their favorite charity. This way it's one real open pool and the money actually goes to help someone and not the pockets of the club.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccahplayah on 14/05/18, 11:07 am

CardinalRule wrote:Alright, prove me wrong.  Post the official roster from both LH and State Cup.  It will only take your Team Manager 2 minutes to show a screen shot of both.  We can compare the rosters for ourselves.  If you are right, you can prove to everyone how Grado improved so much that they managed to dismantle all the teams that beat or tied them this year.    

Someone's bitter.  I bet you're one of the parents that cheered when Solar's midfielder went down against LPE.  I say one of the parents because the cheering was so loud that one might think that they (LPE) actually scored.  Yes, LPE parents actually cheered and taunted a 15 year old girl that went down with a concussion!  An all around class act for sure!
Soccahplayah
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CardinalRule on 14/05/18, 12:24 pm

I have two DD's playing select and high school soccer. I wouldn't wish or cheer for injury on any player.

CardinalRule
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity on 14/05/18, 12:39 pm

Soccahplayah wrote:
CardinalRule wrote:Alright, prove me wrong.  Post the official roster from both LH and State Cup.  It will only take your Team Manager 2 minutes to show a screen shot of both.  We can compare the rosters for ourselves.  If you are right, you can prove to everyone how Grado improved so much that they managed to dismantle all the teams that beat or tied them this year.    

Someone's bitter.  I bet you're one of the parents that cheered when Solar's midfielder went down against LPE.  I say one of the parents because the cheering was so loud that one might think that they (LPE) actually scored.  Yes, LPE parents actually cheered and taunted a 15 year old girl that went down with a concussion!  An all around class act for sure!

Is it really too much to say that your claim stretches credibility?  May be true, but . . .

League Results:

0-1 loss to LP Owen
2-5 loss to LP Elite
0-3 loss to LP Elite (about a month ago)

State Cup results:

2-2 vs LP Owen (prelim)
3-1 win over LP Elite
5-1 win over LP Owen

A 5 point swing in a month on LPE . . .  just raises questions  Rolling Eyes

If that was the case, even more props for the wins!

But to turn around and say, if you question the results, you must have been the same person cheering over a player that was injured . . . Evil or Very Mad

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by GraceLoveSoccer on 14/05/18, 12:42 pm

I'll chime in because that's Insane. Liverpool parents did not and would not cheer for a player to be injured. Does anyone have game footage? Can you post? I would love to hear the sideline banter to set the record straight. No one in this age group is new to the game or league. This is not about Liverpool parents or players having a lack of compassion. If anything Grado's team should be eliminated from the league for their aggressive style of play.  I have watched Grado's team play for years. His coaching style has proven to win some tournaments and hold onto a spot in the top 5 of D1. I usually overlook his aggressive style of play because it rarely impacts my DD and we only interact with them once a year or so.  However, things are changing. Families are mad. Why should we have to deal with this craziness and worry our players will be hurt? I repeatably hear from people connected to North Texas soccer this 03 team is out of control. Grado is doing his players a disservice by failing to teach his players the skill of the game.  The best way to win soccer games is NOT by using aggression and intentionally injuring the opponent. Try adding in skill and good sportsmanship- these players will go far.  Someone opened a can of worms when they mentioned a Liverpool parent failed to exhibit class to an injured player in the Semi Finals. Give me a freakin' break.... where was the empathy or compassion when multiple Liverpool players were injured in the same game? At one time, I think they only had 10 players on the field because so many injured! I blame the league, they should have reprimanded Grado many games ago.  Let's add up the number of cards, ejections and hospital bills after Grado games and then we can post about parents of other Club teams showing class.. The last post clearly was an attempt to divert the TRUTH. If it were up to me my DD's coach would forfeit every game against this team to keep players healthy and stress levels down.

GraceLoveSoccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerDad75033 on 14/05/18, 12:52 pm

Pot . . . kettle

We need a poll - how many injuries has your team sustained this season playing LP Elite and Solar Grado.

My dd played both - no doubt in her mind which 03 D1 team is the dirtiest - late hits, late tackles, clipping the heels of players running after a ball has gone out of bounds, running through players during a dead ball, running the goalie.

Both of these teams have built a reputation.

Last edited by SoccerDad75033 on 14/05/18, 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

SoccerDad75033
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccahplayah on 14/05/18, 12:54 pm

SickofStupidity wrote:
Soccahplayah wrote:

Is it really too much to say that your claim stretches credibility?  May be true, but . . .

League Results:

0-1 loss to LP Owen
2-5 loss to LP Elite

State Cup results:

2-2 vs LP Owen (prelim)
3-1 win over LP Elite
5-1 win over LP Owen

A 5 point swing in a month on LPE . . .  just raises questions  Rolling Eyes

If that was the case, even more props for the wins!

But to turn around and say, if you question the results, you must have been the same person cheering over a player that was injured . . . Evil or Very Mad

On this forum anything is possible.  Perhaps you didn't cheer, but I assume you were there for at least one of the two LP games this weekend.  LP Owen was a great competitor, but LPE was just downright nasty!  They walked away with some bumps and bruises...maybe a little more, but they also walked away with a red and a yellow card.  The players being rude is one thing, but when the parents follow suit...well, that just proves that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Last edited by Soccahplayah on 14/05/18, 02:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Soccahplayah
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccahplayah on 14/05/18, 12:57 pm

CardinalRule wrote:I have two DD's playing select and high school soccer.  I wouldn't wish or cheer for injury on any player.

I completely agree.
Soccahplayah
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccahplayah on 14/05/18, 01:07 pm

GraceLoveSoccer wrote:I'll chime in because that's Insane. Liverpool parents did not and would not cheer for a player to be injured. Does anyone have game footage? Can you post? I would love to hear the sideline banter to set the record straight. No one in this age group is new to the game or league. This is not about Liverpool parents or players having a lack of compassion. If anything Grado's team should be eliminated from the league for their aggressive style of play.  I have watched Grado's team play for years. His coaching style has proven to win some tournaments and hold onto a spot in the top 5 of D1. I usually overlook his aggressive style of play because it rarely impacts my DD and we only interact with them once a year or so.  However, things are changing. Families are mad. Why should we have to deal with this craziness and worry our players will be hurt? I repeatably hear from people connected to North Texas soccer this 03 team is out of control. Grado is doing his players a disservice by failing to teach his players the skill of the game.  The best way to win soccer games is NOT by using aggression and intentionally injuring the opponent. Try adding in skill and good sportsmanship- these players will go far.  Someone opened a can of worms when they mentioned a Liverpool parent failed to exhibit class to an injured player in the Semi Finals. Give me a freakin' break.... where was the empathy or compassion when multiple Liverpool players were injured in the same game? At one time, I think they only had 10 players on the field because so many injured! I blame the league, they should have reprimanded Grado many games ago.  Let's add up the number of cards, ejections and hospital bills after Grado games and then we can post about parents of other Club teams showing class.. The last post clearly was an attempt to divert the TRUTH. If it were up to me my DD's coach would forfeit every game against this team to keep players healthy and stress levels down.

You're kidding right? A red card AND a yellow card. Grado received none! When your players went down, Grado's parents looked on and Clapped when the player was able to stand back up. Also, you played down because Grado's goalie was plowed into well after she caught and controlled the ball and the play was whistled dead. And PLEASE don't tell me Grado was favored by the officials.
Soccahplayah
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom on 14/05/18, 01:08 pm

Without further ado, foxy would like to announce lpe as the dirtiest/nastiest team in the league. Kudos for staying focused on achieving this goal.
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by mixitup on 14/05/18, 01:17 pm

I didn't see the Championship game, but I did catch most of the Elite/Grado game and based on that one game I have to agree with Foxy. I'm surprised that the refs did't ask the LP parents the quiet down. It was a very physical game...both ways...one just happened to be dirty too. Grado has every right to be proud of that win alone.

mixitup
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertard on 14/05/18, 01:30 pm

The world needs Red Card players, and more vocal parents.

The floor is lava.
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch on 14/05/18, 01:44 pm

"League Results:

0-1 loss to LP Owen
2-5 loss to LP Elite

State Cup results:

2-2 vs LP Owen (prelim)
3-1 win over LP Elite
5-1 win over LP Owen"

Congrats to Grado for State Cup win.. Something the girls will always remember..

Heard it was a rough game and no excuses but heard LP was light on players from the start.

Two of LP's main players were out.
During the game, one player gets a Red card..  
Starting (CB) breaks her arm and other player gets stitches.
Given all these factors, yes, the table can turn for a team to get a win.. Just saying.
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by LP_Elite on 14/05/18, 01:55 pm

Both teams gave everything, we just couldn’t keep up with 10 players due to the sending off. Rough game? yes, a broken arm and stitches for two of my girls, injuries for others, all part of the game. Solar too had their own injuries it’s all part of the game. I can’t speak for Grado but my girls are super competitive they play to win not to harm, take a look at the league standings for the past 4 years. This game is getting harder every year as it is, the last thing we need is to be tarnished with the dirtiest team in the league but people will talk and that’s ok. We respect our opponents and their supporters, the end. The ref struggled to control the game and Charles was (unfortunately) sent off as a result of trying to calm things down. Good luck to all during silly season and to Grado and his team we look forward to the next encounter and congratulations on your State Cup victory.
LP_Elite
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom on 14/05/18, 02:26 pm

Foxy has an idea. Why not film the games and if the coaches players maliciously hurt another player because of dirty play, the league suspends the coach and the coach and club pay for any medical bills. That's something we can all drink too. If you allow dangerous play...you're kind of condoning it.
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Not new to Grado

Post by Fastforward on 14/05/18, 03:10 pm

CardinalRule wrote:I can't speak to the 99's, but that wasn't 03 Grado.  It was definitely Solar...with a small mix of Grado.

I assume you may be referring to my daughter, the top forward #13 on Grado, who scored three and assisted on the other two in yesterday's final and scored 2 out of 3 on LPE, as one of the players that you are insinuating is not on our roster.  She has played on this team since 3rd grade, as has most of this team. The players that started in yesterday's final and the semi-finals have all played on this team for at minimum the past 3 years.  We had 2 guest players from our TCL team on the roster because of injuries. Only one actually played for us on Sat.  This was our team, not a team of "ringers".  I can't explain why we did better in this tourney than we did in league play this year.  I wish I could.  Maybe Charles' "pep talks" when we aren't playing well are getting better!  Either way, how dare you, with out any first hand knowledge, try to diminish our team's accomplishment.  

I enjoyed watching the matches this past weekend. Hats off to all the teams. LPE and Owens fought hard and they were fun games to watch. Owens coach was a class act during the awards ceremony.

Last edited by Fastforward on 14/05/18, 03:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)

Fastforward
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach on 14/05/18, 03:52 pm

Fastforward wrote:

I assume you may be referring to my daughter, the top forward #13 on Grado, who scored three and assisted on the other two in yesterday's final and scored 2 out of 3 on LPE, as one of the players that you are insinuating is not on our roster.  She has played on his team since 3rd grade, as has most of this team. The players that started in yesterday's final and the semi-finals have all played on this team for at minimum the past 3 years.  We had 2 guest players from our TCL team on the roster because of injuries. Only one actually played for us on Sat.  This was our team, not a team of "ringers".  I can't explain why we did better in this tourney than we did in league play this year.  I wish I could.  Maybe Charles' "pep talks" when we aren't playing well are getting better!  Either way, how dare you, with out any first hand knowledge, try to diminish our team's accomplishment.  

I enjoyed watching the matches this past weekend. Hats off to all the teams. LPE and Owens fought hard and they were fun games to watch. Owens coach was a class act during the awards ceremony.

Oh. Dang.
Owned.
Now where did I put that popcorn icon?

Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Koba on 14/05/18, 04:39 pm

Did they beef up the roster with ECNL players just before State Cup? yes.
Will they ever publicly admit to it? no.

Koba
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mixitup on 14/05/18, 07:49 pm

Koba wrote:

Did they beef up the roster with ECNL players just before State Cup?   yes.

The rosters shouldn't be difficult to find. Besides one of the mothers said they had two TCL guest players due to injuries - nothing out of the norm there. I'd hardly consider that beefing up the roster with ECNL players. If that was Grado's style he'd do it during the LH games too.

mixitup
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Koba on 14/05/18, 07:57 pm

mixitup wrote:
Koba wrote:

The rosters shouldn't be difficult to find.  Besides one of the mothers said they had two TCL guest players due to injuries - nothing out of the norm there.  I'd hardly consider that beefing up the roster with ECNL players.  If that was Grado's style he'd do it during the LH games too.  

That's a nice assumption. But, I know the truth.

Not TCL.  ECNL, and several of them
Koba
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccahplayah on 14/05/18, 08:07 pm

Koba wrote:
mixitup wrote:
Koba wrote:

The rosters shouldn't be difficult to find.  Besides one of the mothers said they had two TCL guest players due to injuries - nothing out of the norm there.  I'd hardly consider that beefing up the roster with ECNL players.  If that was Grado's style he'd do it during the LH games too.  

Don't comment with mindless conjecture.

Not TCL.  ECNL, and several of them

You should heed your own advice, Koba. Since you have access to the internet why don't you just hop on over to LHGCL's website and view the roster and stop spewing your own "mindless conjecture!" What a joke...
Soccahplayah
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum