Solar 09G Williams - Open PracticesToday at 01:03 pmoddsquad
FBR09 Rankings August 20th, 2018Today at 12:36 pmGingerDad
Looking to scrimmage 06 BoysToday at 11:12 amnesbit86
Infinity FC '04Today at 08:27 amInfinity_02_Manager
D’Feeters Kicks 09 Girls - adding playersToday at 08:25 amFeet06
U12 DA LandscapeToday at 08:18 amschmuck
Dallas Cosmos 09 Girls-Looking to add playersToday at 06:53 amCerv1973
Jr classic league team looking for 2-3 playersToday at 12:44 amFCUSARV
JR Girls Classic League 09G Friendlies in Richardson 8/25-26Yesterday at 11:00 pmEDL
Classic Division 3Yesterday at 07:02 pmMurderWasTheCase
TOURNAMENT: U90C LABOR DAY OPEN Aug 31st-Sept 3, 2018Yesterday at 05:32 pmExitmiester
03 Classic League D1Yesterday at 05:28 pmLongview
10 Girls Teams - U90C LABOR DAY OPEN (Aug 31st-Sept 3)Yesterday at 03:38 pmU90C
The Best Skills CoachesYesterday at 02:09 pmSD69
where is everyone playing this seasonYesterday at 02:03 pmsmugrr
Where are those 02 predictions?Yesterday at 01:46 pmGeauxBigBlue
04 Boys Classic TeamsYesterday at 01:06 pmcoachdom23
Looking to scrimmage 04 BoysYesterday at 12:35 pmnesbit86
US Women's Soccer decline vs rest of the world... Yesterday at 11:35 amSoccerSuckers
Looking to replace a few quittersYesterday at 11:21 amLefty

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Statistics
We have 12591 registered users
The newest registered user is LivinLife11

Our users have posted a total of 181086 messages in 24035 subjects

Question regarding FC Dallas Club Reporting Relationship

Go down

Question regarding FC Dallas Club Reporting Relationship

Post by jjoserone on 23/05/18, 10:19 am

Hi,

I have a question regarding the reporting relationship between FC Dallas Teams and FC Dallas. Are all FC Dallas Teams fully independent? If I needed to provide feedback regarding Coach behavior or conduct, who would be the best to approach? I would imagine that FCDallas wants their name to be associated with respectable, professional individuals that uphold the organization's reputation.

Thanks for any insight you can provide,

jjoserone
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: Question regarding FC Dallas Club Reporting Relationship

Post by Udontseeme on 23/05/18, 10:48 am

let the bodies hit the floor!!!!
Udontseeme
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MurderWasTheCase on 23/05/18, 11:10 am

99% of the coaches are working under the umbrella of the club, similar to a franchise where you get the put the name of the business on your door.

Reach out to the director of coaching for your group, should be listed on their website.

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom on 23/05/18, 11:29 am

jjoserone wrote:Hi,

I have a question regarding the reporting relationship between FC Dallas Teams and FC Dallas.  Are all FC Dallas Teams fully independent?  If I needed to provide feedback regarding Coach behavior or conduct, who would be the best to approach?  I would imagine that FCDallas wants their name to be associated with respectable, professional individuals that uphold the organization's reputation.

You must be new to select soccer. Fcd has an earned reputation already.
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by upper95 on 23/05/18, 11:38 am

"Murder" is correct.  pretty much independent franchisees, although it is written into agreements that the club can replace the coach, and this fact is conveyed in the fact sheet handed out during tryouts.

My experience with FCD - I did bring ethics and abuse complaints about a coach to the Director of Coaching (who is still at FCD by the way ) years ago.  He didn't respond until I tipped him off that the coach was also trying to take the team to the Texans - he got REALLY interested then.

If you find a coach ethically lacking or abusive, depending on severity and your tolerance, best move could be just to move on....

upper95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern on 23/05/18, 12:34 pm

I have a question regarding the reporting relationship between FC Dallas Teams and FC Dallas.  Are all FC Dallas Teams fully independent?  If I needed to provide feedback regarding Coach behavior or conduct, who would be the best to approach?  I would imagine that FCDallas wants their name to be associated with respectable, professional individuals that uphold the organization's reputation.

The MLS Franchise and Youth Club are separate business entities --

For girls, you should contact Chris Ring.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Pele98 on 24/05/18, 09:09 am

Big Ern wrote:

....and if your complaint is about Chris Ring, then you should contact DOC for Girls..........Chris Ring.
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern on 24/05/18, 09:12 am

Pele98 wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

....and if your complaint is about Chris Ring, then you should contact..........Chris Ring.

Clever.

That'd be Hayden then --

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by majorpayne on 26/05/18, 08:28 am

Should have paid $ to coach and DOC. That would have never happened first place.
Best is to move on.

upper95 wrote:"Murder" is correct.  pretty much independent franchisees, although it is written into agreements that the club can replace the coach, and this fact is conveyed in the fact sheet handed out during tryouts.

My experience with FCD - I did bring ethics and abuse complaints about a coach to the Director of Coaching (who is still at FCD by the way ) years ago.  He didn't respond until I tipped him off that the coach was also trying to take the team to the Texans - he got REALLY interested then.

If you find a coach ethically lacking or abusive, depending on severity and your tolerance, best move could be just to move on....  

majorpayne
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia Hamster on 29/05/18, 04:42 pm

Like any big club, FCD has good and bad coaches.  My player is U18 and some of the best coaching she experienced was at FCD (and she has played for 3 of the big clubs).  

If you have problems, go to the DOC.  If they are not interested in your problem, time to switch clubs.
Mia Hamster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by captainhowdy on 20/06/18, 10:01 am

A word of advice to parents and players who are currently trying out for FC Dallas teams and are being sold the possibility of playing for higher tier teams in the club by the coach. Some FC Dallas coaches claim the only way you can play for FC Dallas Academy Teams and FC Dallas Premier Teams is to join one of their clubs first, because you have to be a part of the system. All they are doing is taking your money because FC Dallas is currently giving positions on the Premier Team and Academy Teams to non FC Dallas players over current FC Dallas players. It would be better for the coach to be honest with players and coaches in the beginning and let them know if they have the talent for these teams, but I guess that would cut into their profits.

captainhowdy
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty on 20/06/18, 10:22 am

captainhowdy wrote:A word of advice to parents and players who are currently trying out for FC Dallas teams and are being sold the possibility of playing for higher tier teams in the club by the coach. Some FC Dallas coaches claim the only way you can play for FC Dallas Academy Teams and FC Dallas Premier Teams is to join one of their clubs first, because you have to be a part of the system. All they are doing is taking your money because FC Dallas is currently giving positions on the Premier Team and Academy Teams to non FC Dallas players over current FC Dallas players.  It would be better for the coach to be honest with players and coaches in the beginning and let them know if they have the talent for these teams, but I guess that would cut into their profits.

I would not limit it to FCD.

Pretty much any team at any club is going to take the best players that show up regardless of source or prior affiliation.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by txsoccerloco on 20/06/18, 10:50 am

captainhowdy wrote:A word of advice to parents and players who are currently trying out for FC Dallas teams and are being sold the possibility of playing for higher tier teams in the club by the coach. Some FC Dallas coaches claim the only way you can play for FC Dallas Academy Teams and FC Dallas Premier Teams is to join one of their clubs first, because you have to be a part of the system. All they are doing is taking your money because FC Dallas is currently giving positions on the Premier Team and Academy Teams to non FC Dallas players over current FC Dallas players.  It would be better for the coach to be honest with players and coaches in the beginning and let them know if they have the talent for these teams, but I guess that would cut into their profits.
sorry your dd didn't make the cut Rolling Eyes

txsoccerloco
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertard on 20/06/18, 10:59 am

At least they have a million teams, and DA, FDL, ECNL, ECNL2, JDL, and LH.
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum