Latest topics
Colleyville Evo 09G Boyle Looking to add 2-4 Players Today at 04:02 pmCoachBoyle
Panther City FC 2010 Boys - West Fort WorthToday at 10:03 amcoachmbw
Jr Classic League / FC Dallas Central 09G Tallal Lookn for 2Yesterday at 08:12 pmFC Dallas Central Div
Game of the WeekYesterday at 05:48 pmTexanDad37
Looking for Solar Academy Kit14/12/18, 09:19 pmDoubleDown
NPL '01G - Looking for Players14/12/18, 06:50 pmNTX Celtic FC
'09G Players Needed: Lantana, Flower Mound, Corinth & Denton14/12/18, 06:40 pmNTX Celtic FC
'08G Players Needed: Lantana, Flower Mound, Corinth & Denton14/12/18, 06:38 pmNTX Celtic FC
05 Girl Looking to Guest Play - Have Coach's Blessing14/12/18, 04:16 pmNoSpinZone
NTX Santos - 2010B14/12/18, 03:46 pmEhlodog
NTX Santos Open Training14/12/18, 03:46 pmEhlodog
Solar East 11G Looking 14/12/18, 03:09 pmSolar11G Wheatley
03 Classic League D114/12/18, 11:24 amJavaguy
is the High School level for girls just as bad as the boys?14/12/18, 09:51 amBENDMEOVER
Renegades Soccer Club 10G14/12/18, 08:34 amRenegades Soccer Club
New Solar 10G Team14/12/18, 08:30 amFMSolar
Top Sting 2010 Team leaves??? wha???14/12/18, 07:23 amTxSoCcErFaNrOcKOn
09 Girls Teams - Hill Country Classic (Jan. 25-27, 2019)13/12/18, 04:00 pmbigballer07
PIT - TRAINING ACADEMY13/12/18, 03:56 pmPITSoccer
PIT - FRISCO WINTER CAMP13/12/18, 03:53 pmPITSoccer
NTX Celtic 11G Elite- looking for a few more players13/12/18, 02:08 pmCelticSoccer
2016 GERMANY EXPENSE PAID TRIP ITINERARY - REGISTER NOW13/12/18, 01:59 pmmusaisaya
9v9 AND 7v7 OPTION FOR U10 AGE GROUP - TEXAS WINTER CLASSIC13/12/18, 01:58 pmmusaisaya
08 boys friendly tournament Fathers Day weekend 06/15-6/1613/12/18, 01:57 pmtornadoes
08 friendly tournament fathers day weekend13/12/18, 01:56 pmtornadoes
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Statistics
We have 12774 registered users
The newest registered user is s_speas

Our users have posted a total of 184205 messages in 24559 subjects

Is ECNL 2 just TCL re-branded?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Re: Is ECNL 2 just TCL re-branded?

Post by Big Ern on 25/05/18, 12:17 am

Sorry for my apparent confusion Blues Fan (and for not being able to figure out how to 'quote' from the mobile version of this forum) -

To be honest, I wasn't aware that there would be an '06 ECNL team at FCD next year ... In fact I was told that there wouldn't be. If so, then I'd assume that, as I mentioned earlier regarding the '05+, the ECNL team would be #2.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 983
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Is ECNL 2 just TCL re-branded?

Post by Big Ern on 25/05/18, 12:17 am

Sorry for my apparent confusion Blues Fan (and for not being able to figure out how to 'quote' from the mobile version of this forum) -

To be honest, I wasn't aware that there would be an '06 ECNL team at FCD next year ... In fact I was told that there wouldn't be. If so, then I'd assume that, as I mentioned earlier regarding the '05+, the ECNL team would be #2.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 983
Points : 2588
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Is ECNL 2 just TCL re-branded?

Post by Blues Fan on 25/05/18, 07:00 am

I believe you are correct, the 06 ECNL team will be #2 for now.
avatar
Blues Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 152
Points : 2075
Join date : 2013-09-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Is ECNL 2 just TCL re-branded?

Post by SickofStupidity on 25/05/18, 07:24 am

KeeperCommander wrote:You know LH does have a lost art going for it. You have to qualify to get in. Instead of creating a league that you are just in.

Rolling Eyes

sure you do

and you have to bring that TEAM to play in order to keep your bye, be promoted or relegated

and no one is "just in" from a club bye give up by another team

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 884
Points : 2571
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Is ECNL 2 just TCL re-branded?

Post by Zizou on 25/05/18, 07:43 am

Even back in the day of promotion and relegation by LHGCL the league was still dominated by the larger clubs. 75%+ through all divisions.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2362
Points : 4330
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Is ECNL 2 just TCL re-branded?

Post by Jugglemaster on 01/06/18, 12:46 am

Ecnl2 not looking good. How many teams In that league? How many games? Will they practice with ECNL?

Jugglemaster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 105
Points : 556
Join date : 2017-09-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Is ECNL 2 just TCL re-branded?

Post by Medicine Man on 01/06/18, 07:42 am

Do the math how many teams X $ = ?

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
avatar
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 1442
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Re: Is ECNL 2 just TCL re-branded?

Post by smugrr on 06/06/18, 05:17 pm

For a newbie, could someone please chart out the various youth select"national" leagues, who sanctions, what age groups? I am lost in an alphabet soup of initials.
Also, structurally, does the Federation control all of this? Or could but choose not to? Does US Club Soccer (whatever that is) ultimately answer to the Federation? Does US Youth Soccer sanction separately from the Federation?

smugrr
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 77
Points : 729
Join date : 2017-05-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Is ECNL 2 just TCL re-branded?

Post by Foxysoccermom on 06/06/18, 10:59 pm

The Gambino family oversees the leagues and the bonannos run the local racket.
avatar
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 617
Points : 1345
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Is ECNL 2 just TCL re-branded?

Post by OLJW on 07/06/18, 11:24 am

Zizou wrote:Even back in the day of promotion and relegation by LHGCL the league was still dominated by the larger clubs. 75%+ through all divisions.

LH is not 75% + larger clubs and NEVER has been. Look it up.




__________________________________________________
Buzzards gotta eat....same as worms.
avatar
OLJW
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 163
Points : 1329
Join date : 2015-11-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Is ECNL 2 just TCL re-branded?

Post by Holly Hunter on 07/06/18, 12:00 pm

smugrr wrote:For a newbie, could someone please chart out the various youth select"national" leagues, who sanctions, what age groups? I am lost in an alphabet soup of initials.
Also, structurally, does the Federation control all of this? Or could but choose not to? Does US Club Soccer (whatever that is) ultimately answer to the Federation? Does US Youth Soccer sanction separately from the Federation?

National League Affiliations:
USGDA - US Soccer
USYS
USCS
AYSO
https://www.ussoccer.com/about/affiliates/youth-council

USYS:
FDL (Not DA Santioned) - Frontier Development League (is more regional than national or local) - developed by several club associations to bring elite play to those that are not currently on a DA team while allowing the basic ECNL structure.
FCNL (fka SRPL) - Frontier Conference National League (is regional but feeds into the National Championship) - top LHGCL teams are invited to play in this league above and beyond just being LH.

USCS:
ECNL - used to be the top recruiting tool
ECNL2 (Not ECNL Sanctioned) - same as FDL, created, like Christmas was to offset the Pagan holidays, to compete with FDL. Was created by clubs to offer a second level of competition alongside ECNL since TCL didn't take off.
ENPL (this I think is the new boys track for ECNL, not sure on that one though but worth mentioning)
NPL - National Premier League which has a track to regionals and nationals.

Local Leagues:
Lake Highlands Girls Classic League - teams can compete in State Cup for a chance at Regionals and Nationals.
Arlington Premier Invitational League
Plano Premier League

So this is just the tip of the iceberg - these leagues are so incestuous in the way they cross pollinate while trying to grab the best players for their leagues. Would love to see this cleaned up somehow and get back to simplicity with one track to play college and beyond instead of this spiderweb of leagues.
avatar
Holly Hunter
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 192
Points : 1721
Join date : 2014-10-15
Location : NTX

Back to top Go down

Re: Is ECNL 2 just TCL re-branded?

Post by DeltaTauChi on 07/06/18, 12:48 pm

OLJW wrote:
Zizou wrote:Even back in the day of promotion and relegation by LHGCL the league was still dominated by the larger clubs. 75%+ through all divisions.

LH is not 75% + larger clubs and NEVER has been. Look it up.


I remember Gophers posting one of his ridiculously detailed, but accurate analysis of this a few years back. Did some digging and found the thread: http://www.txsoccer.net/t31477p50-composite-shapeshifter

OLJW is correct as it refers to all divisions of LHGCL. The ECNL/DA clubs were pretty steady up through 2016 at between 50-60% of all LHGCL teams.

Zizou is correct if you look at LHGCL D1 only. Prior to ECNL, LHGCL D1 was 75-80% ECNL/DA clubs. Dropped to ~2/3 ECNL/DA after ECNL started.

__________________________________________________
Bluto's right.  Psychotic, but absolutely right.
avatar
DeltaTauChi
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 305
Points : 662
Join date : 2018-01-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Is ECNL 2 just TCL re-branded?

Post by 5050Ball on 07/06/18, 12:54 pm

And D1 will be approaching 80% DA/ECNL clubs next year.
avatar
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 215
Points : 1511
Join date : 2015-06-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Is ECNL 2 just TCL re-branded?

Post by Medicine Man on 07/06/18, 12:54 pm

It's hard to put your finger on things now.

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
avatar
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 1442
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Re: Is ECNL 2 just TCL re-branded?

Post by Big Ern on 07/06/18, 06:47 pm

Holly Hunter wrote:
smugrr wrote:For a newbie, could someone please chart out the various youth select"national" leagues, who sanctions, what age groups? I am lost in an alphabet soup of initials.
Also, structurally, does the Federation control all of this? Or could but choose not to? Does US Club Soccer (whatever that is) ultimately answer to the Federation? Does US Youth Soccer sanction separately from the Federation?

National League Affiliations:
USGDA - US Soccer
USYS
USCS
AYSO
https://www.ussoccer.com/about/affiliates/youth-council

USYS:
FDL (Not DA Santioned) - Frontier Development League (is more regional than national or local) - developed by several club associations to bring elite play to those that are not currently on a DA team while allowing the basic ECNL structure.
FCNL (fka SRPL) - Frontier Conference National League (is regional but feeds into the National Championship) - top LHGCL teams are invited to play in this league above and beyond just being LH.

USCS:
ECNL - used to be the top recruiting tool
ECNL2 (Not ECNL Sanctioned) - same as FDL, created, like Christmas was to offset the Pagan holidays, to compete with FDL.  Was created by clubs to offer a second level of competition alongside ECNL since TCL didn't take off.
ENPL (this I think is the new boys track for ECNL, not sure on that one though but worth mentioning)
NPL - National Premier League which has a track to regionals and nationals.

Local Leagues:
Lake Highlands Girls Classic League - teams can compete in State Cup for a chance at Regionals and Nationals.
Arlington Premier Invitational League
Plano Premier League

So this is just the tip of the iceberg - these leagues are so incestuous in the way they cross pollinate while trying to grab the best players for their leagues.  Would love to see this cleaned up somehow and get back to simplicity with one track to play college and beyond instead of this spiderweb of leagues.

Tremendous analysis HHunter and agreed for the most part --  

One thing to add to FDL ... Because it is USYS governed those teams are also eligible for State Cup, and the winner of the league has an automatic bid to USYS Regionals next year.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 983
Points : 2588
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Is ECNL 2 just TCL re-branded?

Post by Foxysoccermom on 07/06/18, 09:05 pm

Big Ern wrote:
Holly Hunter wrote:
smugrr wrote:For a newbie, could someone please chart out the various youth select"national" leagues, who sanctions, what age groups? I am lost in an alphabet soup of initials.
Also, structurally, does the Federation control all of this? Or could but choose not to? Does US Club Soccer (whatever that is) ultimately answer to the Federation? Does US Youth Soccer sanction separately from the Federation?

National League Affiliations:
USGDA - US Soccer
USYS
USCS
AYSO
https://www.ussoccer.com/about/affiliates/youth-council

USYS:
FDL (Not DA Santioned) - Frontier Development League (is more regional than national or local) - developed by several club associations to bring elite play to those that are not currently on a DA team while allowing the basic ECNL structure.
FCNL (fka SRPL) - Frontier Conference National League (is regional but feeds into the National Championship) - top LHGCL teams are invited to play in this league above and beyond just being LH.

USCS:
ECNL - used to be the top recruiting tool
ECNL2 (Not ECNL Sanctioned) - same as FDL, created, like Christmas was to offset the Pagan holidays, to compete with FDL.  Was created by clubs to offer a second level of competition alongside ECNL since TCL didn't take off.
ENPL (this I think is the new boys track for ECNL, not sure on that one though but worth mentioning)
NPL - National Premier League which has a track to regionals and nationals.

Local Leagues:
Lake Highlands Girls Classic League - teams can compete in State Cup for a chance at Regionals and Nationals.
Arlington Premier Invitational League
Plano Premier League

So this is just the tip of the iceberg - these leagues are so incestuous in the way they cross pollinate while trying to grab the best players for their leagues.  Would love to see this cleaned up somehow and get back to simplicity with one track to play college and beyond instead of this spiderweb of leagues.

Tremendous analysis HHunter and agreed for the most part --  

One thing to add to FDL ... Because it is USYS governed those teams are also eligible for State Cup, and the winner of the league has an automatic bid to USYS Regionals next year.




BigE approved! cheers
avatar
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 617
Points : 1345
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum