North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

The Perks of FC Dallas Youth System Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

The Perks of FC Dallas Youth System

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Perks of FC Dallas Youth System Empty The Perks of FC Dallas Youth System

Post by therightpass18 07/06/18, 08:44 pm

Our daughter has a coach with FC Dallas very interested in adding her to his team next month - but we, like many others, swore we would never be a part of that organization.

Since we all about finding a quality, real coach, and we believe that is the case here, we have been researching the organization and their "FC Dallas Way".

So, would some of you that have been in the system, enlighten us on what the perks are for being in the system that might offset the costs.

If on a FC Dallas team, are their discounts for the camps or events and games at the facilities? Any other insider advantages?

Do you really get extra games and training with other teams throughout the year?

Thank you for any useful feedback.

therightpass18
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

The Perks of FC Dallas Youth System Empty Re: The Perks of FC Dallas Youth System

Post by 5050Ball 07/06/18, 09:16 pm

You swore you'd never be part of FCD, but then you don't know much about them. Hmmmmm.

The "club" you become part of should be about #50 on the list of things to look for.
5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

The Perks of FC Dallas Youth System Empty Re: The Perks of FC Dallas Youth System

Post by MurderWasTheCase 07/06/18, 09:21 pm

FCD's motto, open the gates and the kids will come. Real motive, make money.

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by therightpass18 07/06/18, 09:27 pm

You never know everything - and you can never know too much.

Never being a member of a team in the system, we do not know of any membership perks. You would hope there are significant perks for games and camps etc - but it FC Dallas.

We are being as thorough as we can by using the board, talking to other parents who have been in the system, asking questions of the team manager and coach etc.

5050Ball wrote:You swore you'd never be part of FCD, but then you don't know much about them.   Hmmmmm.

The "club" you become part of should be about #50 on the list of things to look for.

therightpass18
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDown 07/06/18, 09:56 pm

Assume that FC Dallas offers no discounts on anything.
Assume your DD will have the opportunity for extra training if you look for it.
Assume you will always have opportunities to guest play with other teams within the club if your DD is good enough.

DoubleDown
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 07/06/18, 11:40 pm

There are no perks. Well besides getting to practice on 1/8 of a nice turf field. Overall your job as a parent will be to pay for scholarships on the boys side.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 08/06/18, 12:07 am

MurderWasTheCase wrote:FCD's motto, open the gates and the kids will come.  Real motive, make money.  

Really!?  Thanks for the giggle Snoop-a-loop.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 08/06/18, 12:12 am

db10 wrote:There are no perks. Well besides getting to practice on 1/8 of a nice turf field. Overall your job as a parent will be to pay for scholarships on the boys side.

Typical DB --

I doubt, based on his/her initial post, that pass18's kid is being recruited to be on one of those teams Sir  Wink

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 08/06/18, 12:13 am

therightpass18 wrote:Our daughter has a coach with FC Dallas very interested in adding her to his team next month - but we, like many others, swore we would never be a part of that organization.

Since we all about finding a quality, real coach, and we believe that is the case here, we have been researching the organization and their "FC Dallas Way".

So, would some of you that have been in the system, enlighten us on what the perks are for being in the system that might offset the costs.

If on a FC Dallas team, are their discounts for the camps or events and games at the facilities? Any other insider advantages?

Do you really get extra games and training with other teams throughout the year?

Evening pass18 --

Reading posts like this always make me wonder ... Was it you and momma that swore you'd never be a part of that "organization", or was it your little lady?  While it may not be the case for you guys here, it really is unfortunate that so many out there are so quick to form an opinion of a club (not just FCD) just 'because', or due to misconception from ignorant hearsay, rather than based on any real knowledge of them.  

As I believe 5050 was alluding to ... If you believe you've found a quality coach that believes in your kid, then the club/"way" isn't all that relevant.

Perks for being a FCD Youth player?  Most obvious to most is facility.  Some might also find value in the variety of level of competitive platforms available.  Also a plus to be an MLS affiliate for various reasons including free tickets to matches for select+ players.  And I may be mistaken on this as I haven't checked in a year or so, but I believe FCD offers lower club dues than Solar, Sting, D'Feet and LP.

Good luck out there!

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by therightpass18 08/06/18, 05:33 am

Thanks for the replies.

therightpass18
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 08/06/18, 06:48 am

Big Ern wrote:
therightpass18 wrote:Our daughter has a coach with FC Dallas very interested in adding her to his team next month - but we, like many others, swore we would never be a part of that organization.

Evening pass18 --

Reading posts like this always make me wonder ... Was it you and momma that swore you'd never be a part of that "organization", or was it your little lady?  While it may not be the case for you guys here, it really is unfortunate that so many out there are so quick to form an opinion of a club (not just FCD) just 'because', or due to misconception from ignorant hearsay, rather than based on any real knowledge of them.  

As I believe 5050 was alluding to ... If you believe you've found a quality coach that believes in your kid, then the club/"way" isn't all that relevant.

Perks for being a FCD Youth player?  Most obvious to most is facility.  Some might also find value in the variety of level of competitive platforms available.  Also a plus to be an MLS affiliate for various reasons including free tickets to matches for select+ players.  And I may be mistaken on this as I haven't checked in a year or so, but I believe FCD offers lower club dues than Solar, Sting, D'Feet and LP.

Good luck out there!

FCD fees are higher than Feet by $250 for the year, and that is just the base fees. I have family at both and have seen the specific fees... Not speculation.

Having had a child at FCD, and currently having a family member there now on the boys side... The pluses and minuses are about equal.... I'll just leave it at that.
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by MurderWasTheCase 08/06/18, 06:57 am

You also enjoy sharing 1 practice field with 10+ teams crammed into small spaces, FCD calls this bonding.

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 08/06/18, 07:14 am

AtThePitch wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

Evening pass18 --

Good luck out there!

FCD fees are higher than Feet by $250 for the year, and that is just the base fees. I have family at both and have seen the specific fees... Not speculation.

Having had a child at FCD, and currently having a family member there now on the boys side... The pluses and minuses are about equal.... I'll just leave it at that.

Nice try Big Ego...talkin out your arse again...smh.

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 08/06/18, 07:47 am

NoSpinZone wrote:
AtThePitch wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

Evening pass18 --

Good luck out there!

Nice try Big Ego...talkin out your arse again...smh.

Making assumptions . . . nothing new here.

Just like his assumptions about how much cheaper DA was over ECNL for everyone / every club.

Or his assumptions about what FDL players can expect in the number of tournaments.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 08/06/18, 08:05 am

5050Ball wrote:You swore you'd never be part of FCD, but then you don't know much about them.   Hmmmmm.

Spot on Warchild...

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Offsides 08/06/18, 08:57 am

As I recall there were free tickets for my daughter not that we took her to any of the games. Discounts on camps. What annoyed me was paying for parking at tournaments when those were our fields... It's been a while so maybe it's different now. I know the feeling though I always said I would never have my DD play for Liverpool and we did it and it was a huge mistake. But the way coaches move you could be at FCD and over at Solar a month later after you just bought a kit...

Offsides
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 08/06/18, 09:08 am

Just to confirm, are free tickets to a MLS game a perk? Twisted Evil

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 08/06/18, 09:30 am

Classic fcd story. Back in the day they announced that every month they would have a slogan and every player had to buy a practice shirt with the slogan for that month for $20. Gotta love it. Charging to park came not long after.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 08/06/18, 09:35 am

Offsides wrote:As I recall there were free tickets for my daughter not that we took her to any of the games. Discounts on camps. What annoyed me was paying for parking at tournaments when those were our fields... It's been a while so maybe it's different now. I know the feeling though I always said I would never have my DD play for Liverpool and we did it and it was a huge mistake. But the way coaches move you could be at FCD and over at Solar a month later after you just bought a kit...

Nope, no change (though not the fault of the FCD Youth program)

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 08/06/18, 09:40 am

Big Ern wrote:

Evening pass18 --

Good luck out there!

Agreed. Too bad most of the fields are not utilized for practices (which explains the number of teams regularly packed onto turf fields).

Also, the complex is closed various weeks for tournaments, and grass fields are off limits for a large part of the year.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 08/06/18, 09:42 am

FCD stopped giving away free tickets a couple of years ago. Teams aren’t even encouraged to attend together.

Oh and every forms an opinion about FCD because most everyone spends a year there before moving on.

And please show me a girls practice on a full field. In my year there I never saw any team, especially girls get anything more than half a field and that was the ECNL team

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 08/06/18, 09:47 am

A few years back, it was not uncommon to see 8-10 teams (most 11v11) practice on a single field. Not sure if it has changed since (and yes, "elite" teams received priority for location and amount of space, so it wouldn't surprise me if PPL teams were relegated to the parking lot).

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 08/06/18, 09:57 am

Weren't all of their teams ppl teams after the first team? They had to start all these new leagues to dilute lh so they could get more teams in lh. lol!
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 05KeeperDad 08/06/18, 10:24 am

As an FCD parent, we enjoy it...

Yes, several MLS games are free to the players, discounts to the parents, and a attend several as a group with our team.

Fields are nice, and turf gives the perks of not having to guess if practice will be cancelled from a morning rain.

There's no charge for parking unless it's a tourney (which isn't as often as you'd think)...

Finding merchandise is pretty easy to do...

It's "nice" to have some of those things, but the reality is the coach we're with and the girls... If those are a fit, then don't worry about all the other things... (or the haters, who always try you pull others down to make their DD look better than they are)

05KeeperDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 08/06/18, 10:56 am

05KeeperDad wrote:As an FCD parent, we enjoy it...

Yes, several MLS games are free to the players, discounts to the parents, and a attend several as a group with our team.

Do you still have to pay to park?

Fields are nice, and turf gives the perks of not having to guess if practice will be cancelled from a morning rain.

Why do all the teams practice on field 8? Are the rest of the fields grass?

There's no charge for parking unless it's a tourney (which isn't as often as you'd think)...

Can't argue with that. Free parking at practice. cheers

Finding merchandise is pretty easy to do...

Walmart is a good place to start.

It's "nice" to have some of those things, but the reality is the coach we're with and the girls... If those are a fit, then don't worry about all the other things... (or the haters, who always try you pull others down to make their DD look better than they are)
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next