North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
+27790324557 MEET A PROFESSIONA PSYCHIC, SPIRITUAL HEALER ON28/12/23, 07:07 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557STRONG LOVE SPELLS FOR RELATIONSHIPS AND LOVE WH28/12/23, 06:58 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557WE ARE THE ILLUMINATI, REGISTER AS A NEW MEMBER 28/12/23, 06:53 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557THIS IS THE ILLUMINATI JOINING POINT 28/12/23, 06:46 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557 THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US28/12/23, 06:37 amkawayidamirrows
THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US ONLINE IS+277928/12/23, 06:28 amkawayidamirrows
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Competitive teams playing indoor vs rec teams, why?????? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Kewb11

Our users have posted a total of 205165 messages in 31955 subjects

Competitive teams playing indoor vs rec teams, why??????

Go down

Competitive teams playing indoor vs rec teams, why?????? Empty Competitive teams playing indoor vs rec teams, why??????

Post by MurderWasTheCase 18/06/18, 07:45 pm

Is it just me that has an issue with competitive teams playing indoor vs recreational teams and destroying them? Parents cheering louder as the goal spread is 10-0? Must feel real good to play and beat up on kids that have never played competitive I guess, you know, a real confidence builder.

Anyone else?

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Competitive teams playing indoor vs rec teams, why?????? Empty Re: Competitive teams playing indoor vs rec teams, why??????

Post by Bodhisattva 19/06/18, 08:35 am

I would blame the organizer of the league. Knowledge of teams and pushing some to older age groups is key.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Competitive teams playing indoor vs rec teams, why?????? Empty Re: Competitive teams playing indoor vs rec teams, why??????

Post by Offsides 19/06/18, 08:44 am

Nothing like paying club dues to play REC teams but got to win some games to keep the parents happy and paying.

Offsides
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MurderWasTheCase 19/06/18, 08:48 am

Offsides wrote:Nothing like paying club dues to play REC teams but got to win some games to keep the parents happy and paying.

Right but the parents must know they are playing summer indoor rec teams that are just looking to play for fun.

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MurderWasTheCase 19/06/18, 08:49 am

Bodhisattva wrote:I would blame the organizer of the league. Knowledge of teams and pushing some to older age groups is key.

I blame the coach for entering such leagues

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by brazos 19/06/18, 08:53 am

I don't know the age group but there comes a point that playing indoor is not worth it for competitive teams. Agree that the coach should know better as just a waste of time.

The disparity in quality of teams is not just a soccer issue - been on the wrong side of many basketball Summer league games as well. Year-round teams versus boys just getting together to have some fun.

brazos
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Offsides 19/06/18, 09:17 am

MurderWasTheCase wrote:
Offsides wrote:Nothing like paying club dues to play REC teams but got to win some games to keep the parents happy and paying.

Right but the parents must know they are playing summer indoor rec teams that are just looking to play for fun.  

Unfortunately parents that go ape crap probably never see their team or kid score much of anything during the regular season so you get to hear all about how little Susie scored 4 goals.. Great but put little Susie on the field against a top 5 team and the ball probably would never cross midfield. I have been on the whooper end but felt bad for the kids and parents and keep my mouth shut same goes for when you are beating another team 4-0 it's obvious you will win so the nice thing to do is sit back .. shut up and pray the game ends soon. Unfortunately u have parents that winning by 4.. 8.. or 10 isn't enough and have Coach's that allow it. If you are killing another team it's time to play your goalie on the field.. pass the ball around without scoring and if it's a game that doesn't matter freaking allow the other team 1 goal so they leave the field with something positive.

Offsides
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bryanl 19/06/18, 09:26 am

MurderWasTheCase wrote:Is it just me that has an issue with competitive teams playing indoor vs recreational teams and destroying them?  Parents cheering louder as the goal spread is 10-0?  Must feel real good to play and beat up on kids that have never played competitive I guess, you know, a real confidence builder.  

Anyone else?  

What organization and age? Is it a rec team that entered a club/academy league or a club/academy coach taking the team into a rec league?

bryanl
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by MurderWasTheCase 19/06/18, 09:29 am

bryanl wrote:
MurderWasTheCase wrote:Is it just me that has an issue with competitive teams playing indoor vs recreational teams and destroying them?  Parents cheering louder as the goal spread is 10-0?  Must feel real good to play and beat up on kids that have never played competitive I guess, you know, a real confidence builder.  

Anyone else?  

What organization and age?  Is it a rec team that entered a club/academy league or a club/academy coach taking the team into a rec league?

Academy team playing in a co-ed rec summer league. A parent confronted the coach and he claims his team isn't competitive, unfortunately his got soccer account tells a different story.

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndTimethru 19/06/18, 09:40 am

Were did you find a REC summer league? I have this problem with my youngest 09 rec team, if we sign up for summer or winter indoor we get thrown in with the academy teams.
Not very fun most of the time.
2ndTimethru
2ndTimethru
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MurderWasTheCase 19/06/18, 09:42 am

2ndTimethru wrote:Were did you find a REC summer league?  I have this problem with my youngest 09 rec team, if we sign up for summer or winter indoor we get thrown in with the academy teams.
Not very fun most of the time.

Field House has rec indoor leagues and so does blue sky.

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by melashbrew 19/06/18, 09:49 am

PSA has indoor rec leagues. They also have an Academy division.

melashbrew
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 19/06/18, 12:43 pm

Coaches Name and Club affiliation on this site may help him/her decide to find a more appropriate league.

A little light on a bad situation often cures a lot of ills.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BigKickKiddo 19/06/18, 01:23 pm

This has nothing to do with coaches. Coach wants the team to play summer/winter indoor to keep sharp, they have 4 options in the North Dallas Area.... PIT/Blue Sky/PSA/Fieldhouse Any day of the week 60% of teams in those leagues are club teams at various skill. Obviously PIT probably has more than fieldhouse for example, but still it is what it is. Maybe in the future the Soccer Dad/Coach of the Frisco Power Rangers will call the league director of the respective establishment and ask what teams are signed up in his age group. Indoor is what it is.
BigKickKiddo
BigKickKiddo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertard 19/06/18, 01:52 pm

It makes everyone feel good when a Select team goes indoors and absolutely stomps on a REC team. Coach feels good. Parents feel good. And most importantly Suzie Soccer Star and her friends feel awesome. For those REC kids...WELL...World needs quality female chess players.

The floor is lava.
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by smugrr 19/06/18, 01:59 pm

The other thing you do not know is whether a parent puts together a few kids from of club or rec team, puts a green t-shirt on them and calls them the almost mean green.

smugrr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 19/06/18, 02:12 pm

smugrr wrote:The other thing you do not know is whether a parent puts together a few kids from of club or rec team, puts a green t-shirt on them and calls them the almost mean green.

Figured I would help you out as we all know reading comprehension is a challenge for some.

From prior post in this thread. May or may not be fully truth based.

'Academy team playing in a co-ed rec summer league. A parent confronted the coach and he claims his team isn't competitive, unfortunately his got soccer account tells a different story.'

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by smugrr 19/06/18, 02:19 pm

Not talking about the incident in question, but generally. Have seen many an indoor team which is under some alternative name...PS, I actually did ok on the SAT reading comprehension test. Though many years ago.

smugrr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigKickKiddo 19/06/18, 02:30 pm

1. If the parent of the so called rec team is checking got soccer accounts, I would argue they arent as "rec" as they would have us believe.

2. Playing better competition breeds development

3. You cant win every game

4. We are all seriously talking about academy age co ed indoor soccer.........

5. Maybe try theatre camp?????
BigKickKiddo
BigKickKiddo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bryanl 20/06/18, 11:46 am

Would be nice to know if the academy/club team is boys or girls and the ages to know we aren't talking about PSA coed for Pre K kids. Would be pretty interesting if an academy/club coach registered a boys team in a coed league though.
I understand a coach wanting to have a team/kids have success and work on their skills in a less stressful environment but they should still try to play in an academy/club of a lower division.
Blue Sky has academy and I believe Real and Inwood do as well.

PSA does try to keep club teams from coming in and playing at the rec level. I can assure you 60% of the teams aren't club as I have been a PSA league coordinator for 5th grade and witnessed the skill level. Absolutely there are some club kids playing for some rec teams in the top few teams of the top division but I have been aware of how many teams are in the league and how many kids are placed on teams who have never played soccer.

bryanl
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by rocketpop 20/06/18, 12:48 pm

It may not always be the coach that is bring the team to play indoor.  In my case I am a parent who coaches my son's indoor team.  I always make sure we play at the highest level that league offers.  

Although at U15, I used the word "coach" lightly.  They mainly coach themselves and I just stand in the box watching.

On a side note, my son hates winning games 10-0, he would rather play a good game and loss then beat a team 10-0.

rocketpop
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDallas 21/06/18, 11:03 am

Agree with previous posts regarding limited options for indoor soccer.  My boys played PSA indoor rec all the way up thru middle school before they did club soccer.  In those days we were one of the few rec team that still played indoor because of the club team domination.  We used to get spanked...no other way to put it but the team wanted the competition and we would celebrate if we just scored and didn't get shut out, LOL.    My boys are in high school now and are club players but still play with their original PSA rec team which is a combination of athletes - basketball, baseball, and current and ex club/high school soccer players....they want to play with their friends.  Most rec teams at the high school level look like us and PSA has done a good job putting teams in appropriate divisions especially due to the increase in indoor participation.  With their club team, they play at Blue Sky.  Competitive coaches use indoor very differently; new team building, skill building where they will handicap their players (1-2 touches), physical conditioning etc.  I remember one club coach who was playing his  team 2 years up against our rec team and after 10 minutes into the game, he forfeited so he could play other club players not on his roster to give them the experience.  My boys also hate winning games 10-0.  They want the competition.

LoveDallas
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by AFC-E-Rules 26/06/18, 03:42 pm

Blue sky tries to do a good job of trying to group by skill. I know back when I coached my son for rec, we would normally play in off-season just for fun and most kids would invite non-soccer buddies to have fun. Meant we were even worst than rec, but had a good time. Should be fun and competitive with plenty of megs. Smile
AFC-E-Rules
AFC-E-Rules
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach Jim 29/06/18, 02:56 pm

Those rec kids could be your kids doctor in 20 years so go easy on them on the court.

Coach Jim
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 29/06/18, 04:39 pm

Maybe the kids that aren't playing this summer sitting in the AC will develop a new video game to play. Then I can retire.
BENDMEOVER
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down