North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Any pre pre-season predictions for Classic League this year Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

Any pre pre-season predictions for Classic League this year

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Any pre pre-season predictions for Classic League this year Empty Any pre pre-season predictions for Classic League this year

Post by itsjustagame 27/06/18, 05:35 pm

Who are the pre season favorites for D1 this year?

itsjustagame
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Any pre pre-season predictions for Classic League this year Empty Re: Any pre pre-season predictions for Classic League this year

Post by MurderWasTheCase 27/06/18, 06:30 pm

I predict no one cares outside of us parents trying to live vicariously thru our kids.

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Any pre pre-season predictions for Classic League this year Empty Re: Any pre pre-season predictions for Classic League this year

Post by itsjustagame 27/06/18, 07:13 pm

Just didn’t know if anyone had a clue how it all settled in after the mass exodus.

Last edited by itsjustagame on 27/06/18, 07:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed a few words)

itsjustagame
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MurderWasTheCase 27/06/18, 08:47 pm

itsjustagame wrote:Just didn’t know if anyone had a clue how it all settled in after the mass exodus.

My guess is probably still very good teams but hard to predict since a lot of player movement took place.

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Firedup 27/06/18, 08:58 pm

With much of the top 10 either going completely DA or several of the top players off those teams going DA, it’s hard to tell. Whoever was able to keep their team intact would be the front runners — Allegiance or some of the other independents (like legends).

Firedup
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by scottytx 27/06/18, 11:39 pm

Probably know more after King Tut.

Is this the last year of 20 teams? Do the Top 10 qualify for D1 in Fall 2019 and the bottom 10 have to re-qualify for D2? If so, what happens to the top D2 teams this year? Can they move up?

scottytx
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Motor_Boateng 28/06/18, 07:43 am

1-10 of U12 D1 > U13 D1
11-18 of U12 D1 and 1-2 of U12 D2 > U13 D2
19-20 of U12 D1 > U13 D3
3-4 of U12 D2 > U13 D3

6 spots open for U13 D3
Motor_Boateng
Motor_Boateng
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by ntxsoccerwire 28/06/18, 01:38 pm

scottytx wrote:Probably know more after King Tut.

Is this the last year of 20 teams? Do the Top 10 qualify for D1 in Fall 2019 and the bottom 10 have to re-qualify for D2? If so, what happens to the top D2 teams this year? Can they move up?

I agree. I think we will know a lot more after King Tut. I think Allegiance, Ayses, Solar McKinney, Rush, and FCD Premier, could fill out the top 5..  I can also see teams like Solar Akerman (formerly LP Owen), NTX Celtic, Legends, and ETX Wildcatters will all be solid contenders in the division. I'm almost certain there will be other surprises... but again I'm guessing here, no real way to know at this point.

To answer your questions: Yes, U12 is the last year of the 20 teams. For U13, the following applies:

• D1 - Top 10 teams from U12 Division 1.
  • D2 - Teams finishing ranked 11th -18th of U12 Division 1, along with the Top 2 teams from U12 Division 2.
  • D3 - Teams who finished ranked 18th and 19th of U12 Division 1,  along the 3rd and 4th place teams from U12 Division 2. The remaining 6 places will be determined via the Qualification Tournament.

(Note: you can check out all the Classic League rules here . See pg 14 )

ntxsoccerwire
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Any pre pre-season predictions for Classic League this year Empty Schedule out

Post by itsjustagame 17/07/18, 07:20 pm

Doesn't look like many of the early frontrunners are signed up. I guess this weekend won't be settling anything just yet.

itsjustagame
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonstryker 18/07/18, 03:38 pm

itsjustagame wrote:Doesn't look like many of the early frontrunners are signed up.  I guess this weekend won't be settling anything just yet.

Allegiance is playing 11v11 in u13 Gold, they've done this a number of times since late spring, Pedro seems quite focused on getting this team ready for the 11v11 transition. Would have been nice to see them match up with Solar McKinney in the u12 top division. Hard not to have Allegiance as the early D1 favorite at this point (curious if anyone things otherwise and why).

Solar McKinney playing in the top u12 group along with DT Connell (one of their 2 D1 teams) and Elite United plus a few Houston teams. This will be telling for McKinney. If he held onto a meaningful core group from last season as rumors suggest, he should have a pretty strong team, especially against the depleted D1 competition he'll face this season in Classic. Be interesting to see what Connell was able to pull together from scratch but I'm willing to bet they struggle mightily.

NTX Celtic, Legends and FCD Che in the second u12 group should be interesting. Suspect Che likely held onto quite a bit of his team from last season but that's pure speculation. McKinney/Lanier in this group but I suspect it comes down to Celtic or FCD Che though Legends may surprise if they held their whole roster together.

Wish more teams were playing but seems like a lot of them took July off to give the boys a much needed break so we'll have to wait a bit longer I guess.

dragonstryker
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ntxsoccerwire 18/07/18, 06:42 pm

dragonstryker wrote:
itsjustagame wrote:Doesn't look like many of the early frontrunners are signed up.  I guess this weekend won't be settling anything just yet.

Allegiance is playing 11v11 in u13 Gold, they've done this a number of times since late spring, Pedro seems quite focused on getting this team ready for the 11v11 transition.  Would have been nice to see them match up with Solar McKinney in the u12 top division.  Hard not to have Allegiance as the early D1 favorite at this point (curious if anyone things otherwise and why).

Solar McKinney playing in the top u12 group along with DT Connell (one of their 2 D1 teams) and Elite United plus a few Houston teams.  This will be telling for McKinney.  If he held onto a meaningful core group from last season as rumors suggest, he should have a pretty strong team, especially against the depleted D1 competition he'll face this season in Classic.  Be interesting to see what Connell was able to pull together from scratch but I'm willing to bet they struggle mightily.

NTX Celtic, Legends and FCD Che in the second u12 group should be interesting.  Suspect Che likely held onto quite a bit of his team from last season but that's pure speculation.  McKinney/Lanier in this group but I suspect it comes down to Celtic or FCD Che though Legends may surprise if they held their whole roster together.

Wish more teams were playing but seems like a lot of them took July off to give the boys a much needed break so we'll have to wait a bit longer I guess.

In terms of Allegiance being the front runner to win D1 this season, I'd say that's a fair prediction. I'd personally give the slight advantage to Solar McKinney though. Why? Well, they actually didn't lose the amount of kids to DA as many originally speculated (only 4-5 players). Also, they promote top players from their 2nd team (Lanier) and even some top talent from outside (rumors are a few Texans signed there). Outside of McKinney, Rush is another formidable contender for the D1 crown. Kinda bummed that we won't get a preview of the teams playing each other. I completely agree with your predictions on how the brackets could play out. Good luck to all the teams.

ntxsoccerwire
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerToneloc 18/07/18, 10:53 pm

Agree Allegiance is a safe bet, probably anyone outside the big 3 (Solar, Texans or FCD) lossing best players to DA might struggle. Also wouldn’t count out McKinney. Best wishes this season it will be fun.

SoccerToneloc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonstryker 19/07/18, 05:56 am

SoccerToneloc wrote:Agree  Allegiance is a safe bet, probably anyone outside the big 3 (Solar, Texans or FCD) lossing best players to DA might struggle. Also wouldn’t count out McKinney. Best wishes this season it will be fun.

Agree that non-big three that lost more than 1 or 2 players are likely to struggle. Historically, newly formed teams jumping straight into D1 have also struggled. Those teams historically took a year to gel and if they manage to avoid relegation, they were able to compete effectively the following season. So if I’m a betting man, Texan Connell has a rough year ahead of them. How many did Rush lose? Clearly any of their starters that had an interest in DA could’ve made that move, be interesting to see how many they held on to (we already know most of Ackerson’s squad made the jump).

dragonstryker
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by OldSoccerSouthD 19/07/18, 11:52 am

No question Allegiance will be the top team at D1 this year. They will likely win every game. They got a kid from FC Dallas and lost one kid to Martinez.

Solar McKinney lost 6 to DA. But they got a few from a couple of different teams (Texans, Martinez, Fever) and one or two from his D2 team.

Rush lost a few to DA. Not sure about Legends.

My money is on Allegiance and it wont be close. Probably with McKinney comfortably taking the 2nd spot.

OldSoccerSouthD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 07 boys soccer 19/07/18, 01:26 pm

Allegiance #1 and McKinney #2, Mckinney could upset if their forward gets loose when they play each other. Not sure about the rest, Rush will be top 5 but they did lose their two midfielders. Lots of new looks in D1.

07 boys soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 1a2b3c 19/07/18, 02:17 pm

1 - FC Dallas Premier - you know they will be good.
2 - Rebels - did they lose any players to DA?
3 - Rush - Lost 2 to DA. Great Coach - I'm sure he'll be able to keep them strong.
4 - Mckinney - Kept most players, picked up some good players.
5 - Allegiance - Lost 2 starters.
6 - Ayses - Picked up some good players.
7 - Martinez - added several players
8 - Elite - Any additions? losses?
9 - Legends - Any additions? losses?
10 - Wildcatters - Any additions? losses?

1a2b3c
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by itsjustagame 19/07/18, 03:47 pm

I could be wrong but I thought Rebels lost their whole team to DA. I think your list looks pretty good besides that.

itsjustagame
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by itsjustagame 19/07/18, 03:53 pm

I think Elite United might move on up that list as well.

itsjustagame
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Motor_Boateng 19/07/18, 04:13 pm

My top 10:
FCDP
Solar McKinney
Dallas Rebels
Allegiance
FC Legends
Dallas Rush
Solar Martinez
Elite United
FCD Youth 07 (Suarez)
Ayses
Motor_Boateng
Motor_Boateng
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by BoKnows 19/07/18, 04:42 pm

Motor_Boateng wrote:My top 10:
FCDP
Solar McKinney
Dallas Rebels
Allegiance
FC Legends
Dallas Rush
Solar Martinez
Elite United
FCD Youth 07 (Suarez)
Ayses

If the Dallas Rebels bring the same roster they've been playing during this tournament season then there is no way they finish 3rd. They are def not the same team that won D1 last year.

BoKnows
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dragonstryker 19/07/18, 04:53 pm

I'm curious where you guys think this mysterious FCD Premier team came from?

FCD Academy went DA
FCD Suarez went majority DA (if not all of them)
FCD Che - I'd wager they largely stayed intact as those parents are known to love their coach (and a few of them could've easily gone DA at Texans or Solar West) And if Premier was seeded with Che's boys from last year, there's no way they finish ahead of Allegiance.

So where did these kids come from and how do we think they beat Allegiance or McKinney?

The vast majority of Allegiance boys would've made a DA team if they'd wanted to. And at least half of McKinney's roster is DA quality and chose not to go that route (though I don't believe all his starters are DA quality).

I curious where the boys on this FCD Premier team came from.

dragonstryker
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dwight 19/07/18, 06:29 pm

I think it will either be McKinney or Rush on top.  Allegiance lost 2 pretty good players and from what I hear, the replacements aren’t at the level the old players were at.  McKinney picked up some good talent.  Rush lost 2 to DA but I think they picked up a really good player from Allegiance.  

I agree with Dragon, I don’t think FCD has enough players left over to field a team that will win classic league.  Rebels lost several players and are not the same team they were.. Texans will Not have a top 10 team, nor will Liverpool.
I would round out the top 5 with Solar Martinez, Elite united and Allegience

Last edited by Dwight on 19/07/18, 06:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Dwight
Dwight
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ntxsoccerwire 19/07/18, 08:33 pm

Here's my top 10 prediction...

1. Solar McKinney - They only lost 3 starters to DA, 5 total by my count. They added the best player from Martinez's team, and retained solid

2. Allegiance - Pedro's group is the favorites and rightfully so. I think most of us assume that because they didn't lose any kids to DA that they will be much stronger. I can assure you all that this won't be the case. They will be good, but because of their style of play, they will struggle to win some games (due to high pressing forwards and very skilled direct play from opponents). They will be great to watch, and SHOULD win it all

3. Rush - I think people underestimate the grit that this team plays with. They've consistently played well, and having only lost 2 players to Solar DA, they will still be a great team this season with their new players. I'd look to see them upset the order on top of the D1.

4. Ayses - They will continue to surprise top teams this season. They didn't lose any players, and upgraded with a few additions.

5.FCD Premier is comprised of former Suarez players and a few additions from Texans/Solar. They will be solid, and could very well break into the top 5 with Gomez's coaching pedigree. They won't win the league though, that would be far-fetched.

6. ETX Wildcatters - This is a scrappy group from Longview (if my memory is correct). They will be even more competitive in the less talented classic league.

7.Rebels lost 80 percent of their roster to DA (Texans South), so they will struggle and could very well be in danger of not finishing in the Top 10.

8. Legends lost 2 players to DA, not sure what they will fields but they're athleticism and direct play should still be a challenge for most.

9. Solar Martinez lost his best players to McKinney and DA, has rebuilt with a solid core.

10. Elite United is going to be a solid group, they just need to be more consistent this season.

Texans/Liverpool doesn't have a top 10 team to me at this point, and both clubs are in serious danger of not having a D1 bye going into U13...   It will be interesting to see if NTX Celtics or FCD Che can improve and break into the top 10 before the end of spring. I certainly would not rule it.. Should be a fun season either way. Good luck to all the teams.

Last edited by factsmatter on 19/07/18, 08:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected grammar and spelling.)

ntxsoccerwire
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AlittleBitofSanity 20/07/18, 09:21 am

Here is my prediction...……..

Classic league will be made up entirely of teams from Solar and FC Dallas. maybe they should buy classic league too.

AlittleBitofSanity
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 20/07/18, 09:40 am

Solar and FCD would have to buy each other first because they won't allow one to own Classic League.. The other would get league envy. Or Solar would by Classic League and Dribble FCD to buy LH.. Everyone knows FCD doesn't care about girls soccer. That would teach FCD to mess with Solar Nation.

Not sure why Jerry doesn't just buy up all of NTX soccer and rename it Jerry's kids. Would be so much simpler. Everyone gets the same uniforms with a big blue star on the front, coaches would coach exactly the same way to minimize development cost, and Jerry can then start raising prices and charge a la cart for everything from the jocks to the socks. The big bonus would be teaching the kids how to kneel for the National Anthem.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next