North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

NPL National Premier League- what is it? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

NPL National Premier League- what is it?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

NPL National Premier League- what is it? Empty NPL National Premier League- what is it?

Post by Spiritmomma06 28/06/18, 06:16 pm

Can anyone tell me what NPL ( National premier league ) is all about? What kind of competition will I see in that league? Will they compete with teams that are in classic league quality or rec quality? And what NTX teams have you heard play in that league?
Greatly appreciate any info

Spiritmomma06
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

NPL National Premier League- what is it? Empty Re: NPL National Premier League- what is it?

Post by jogobonito06 28/06/18, 06:34 pm

http://nationalpremierleagues.com/red-river-npl

The teams from this year are listed here. I know Solar has joined for the coming year, and with the demise of TCL you'll probably see some of those teams there.
jogobonito06
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

NPL National Premier League- what is it? Empty Re: NPL National Premier League- what is it?

Post by G21DD 28/06/18, 07:04 pm

TCL was an NPL league.  Winners of each age group go to npl final. Same with red river, although a different league.  

http://www.nationalpremierleagues.com/leagues

G21DD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by brazos 28/06/18, 09:24 pm

There are some quality teams but for the most part you are traveling to play teams weaker than competition you can find in your own backyard. You do get to to say your child plays in a National League.

brazos
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertard 29/06/18, 02:10 pm

I think this is where all the Independents play, so they can say "look we play out of town too".
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jugglemaster 29/06/18, 03:01 pm

Basically RRPL is like if PPL had a national league

Jugglemaster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by giacamo 29/06/18, 07:38 pm

Jugglemaster wrote:Basically RRPL is like if PPL had a national league
So, why are there no PPL teams in NPL?

giacamo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jugglemaster 29/06/18, 07:53 pm

Out of state comp is ppl play.

Jugglemaster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jugglemaster 29/06/18, 07:56 pm

Travel for that not worth it. Arkansas. Kansas. ??

Jugglemaster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 5050Ball 29/06/18, 09:13 pm

Jugglemaster wrote:Travel for that not worth it. Arkansas. Kansas. ??

What team does your kid play for?
5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by brazos 29/06/18, 10:39 pm

giacamo wrote:

There are multiple PPL teams in NPL - http://events.gotsport.com/events/Default.aspx?eventid=60782

brazos
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jugglemaster 30/06/18, 01:14 am

Makes sense. Didn’t know that. Ecnl2 they say. July 1 we meant rrpl

Jugglemaster
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by fufferbye 06/07/18, 08:53 am

I had thought this string might be about the US Youth Soccer National League but I think that is yet another league.  Does anyone have any experience there or know anything about the USYSNL by chance?  Where games are played during the year and the competition? TY in advance!

fufferbye
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by giacamo 06/07/18, 12:52 pm

"Multiple", is that 2 or closer to 20?

giacamo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CBTeamworks 25/08/18, 05:03 pm

It's more of a developmental league like TCL. Nobody pays attention to standings so coaches are going to give more equal playing time instead of coaching purely to win. For players that more focused on developing their game than being in a club controlled status league (LH) it's a great alternative. If they find that the league is lacking in any of the three levels (ideally you want a balance of above level, on level and below level competition) they supplement with tournaments.
CBTeamworks
CBTeamworks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 26/08/18, 08:54 am

I think some of the PPL teams can beat the NPL teams. NPL is just a league for clubs to charge more money and for parents to brag that their kids are in NPL.

giacamo wrote:

Soccer27
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MurderWasTheCase 26/08/18, 10:55 am

Does it matter? Look at what classic did in the U14 D3 group. Allowed teams in that didn't qualify during the tournament.

It appears they can do whatever they want rendering all this pointless

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/08/18, 11:12 am

CBTeamworks wrote:It's more of a developmental league like TCL. Nobody pays attention to standings so coaches are going to give more equal playing time instead of coaching purely to win. For players that more focused on developing their game than being in a club controlled status league (LH) it's a great alternative. If they find that the league is lacking in any of the three levels (ideally you want a balance of above level, on level and below level competition) they supplement with tournaments.

If the coaches truly treat NPL as a developmental league and don't pay any attention to standings and don't particularly care if they win, then wouldn't the players and families be much better served if you got together with several other similar level NTX teams and agreed to sign up for Primetime or the new U90C Texas Club League? Play local instead of spending the money to travel to STX/OK/AK/Kansas( scratch ) to play meaningless "development" games against competition that is no better than what you can get locally.

I'm just not buying your argument. I still think NPL is used primarily as a status/marketing tool for the smaller/indy clubs, and is a waste of money for most of the families involved.

Back to top Go down

Post by MurderWasTheCase 26/08/18, 11:23 am

100% agree with Delta but ego's get in the way and it sounds better to say DD plays NPL vs U90C TCL.

Coaches and leagues making money off ego's.

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CBTeamworks 26/08/18, 11:51 am

DeltaTauChi wrote:
CBTeamworks wrote:It's more of a developmental league like TCL. Nobody pays attention to standings so coaches are going to give more equal playing time instead of coaching purely to win. For players that more focused on developing their game than being in a club controlled status league (LH) it's a great alternative. If they find that the league is lacking in any of the three levels (ideally you want a balance of above level, on level and below level competition) they supplement with tournaments.

If the coaches truly treat NPL as a developmental league and don't pay any attention to standings and don't particularly care if they win, then wouldn't the players and families be much better served if you got together with several other similar level NTX teams and agreed to sign up for Primetime or the new U90C Texas Club League?  Play local instead of spending the money to travel to STX/OK/AK/Kansas( scratch ) to play meaningless "development" games against competition that is no better than what you can get locally.

I'm just not buying your argument.  I still think NPL is used primarily as a status/marketing tool for the smaller/indy clubs, and is a waste of money for most of the families involved.

IF you could get the competition high enough at5 Primetime then it would be a great option but it's not. I agree that it's also a status/marketing issue where Primetime just doesn't have the appeal to attract top talent. However, NPL is not a money grab anymore than LH or PPIL. It serves as a quality alternative to LH which quite honestly is too powerful for it's own good since it's elite club driven and dominated at the expense of indy teams and smaller clubs.

You need some status to attract the talent to validate the league. Solar participating is accomplishing that so this will be a better league this year than last.

Let's take a look at the 03 age group since I'm most familiar with those teams. The Solar Powers team in NPL will be a better team than the Solar Llamas team that was relegated to D2 for this season. So when we look at the NPL I don't think it's a PPIL level league anymore. I would look at the competition level at the top to be more on par with lower LH D2 and upper LH D3 and possibly some high level PPIL that is LH QT worthy.

It would be great if there was a league that had enough status to attract top talent to reduce the cost of travel but Primetime isn't that league. Maybe the U90 Texas Club league will get there but I'm not seeing that they have options higher than U10G at this point.
CBTeamworks
CBTeamworks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by brazos 26/08/18, 03:12 pm

NPL is a waste of time and money. Outside of a couple of teams, it lacks for competition. Those teams would be better off scrimmaging local teams if it was truly about development.

brazos
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/08/18, 06:41 pm

CBTeamworks wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:

If the coaches truly treat NPL as a developmental league and don't pay any attention to standings and don't particularly care if they win, then wouldn't the players and families be much better served if you got together with several other similar level NTX teams and agreed to sign up for Primetime or the new U90C Texas Club League?  Play local instead of spending the money to travel to STX/OK/AK/Kansas( scratch ) to play meaningless "development" games against competition that is no better than what you can get locally.

I'm just not buying your argument.  I still think NPL is used primarily as a status/marketing tool for the smaller/indy clubs, and is a waste of money for most of the families involved.

IF you could get the competition high enough at5 Primetime then it would be a great option but it's not. I agree that it's also a status/marketing issue where Primetime just doesn't have the appeal to attract top talent. However, NPL is not a money grab anymore than LH or PPIL. It serves as a quality alternative to LH which quite honestly is too powerful for it's own good since it's elite club driven and dominated at the expense of indy teams and smaller clubs.

You need some status to attract the talent to validate the league. Solar participating is accomplishing that so this will be a better league this year than last.

Let's take a look at the 03 age group since I'm most familiar with those teams. The Solar Powers team in NPL will be a better team than the Solar Llamas team that was relegated to D2 for this season. So when we look at the NPL I don't think it's a PPIL level league anymore. I would look at the competition level at the top to be more on par with lower LH D2 and upper LH D3 and possibly some high level PPIL that is LH QT worthy.

It would be great if there was a league that had enough status to attract top talent to reduce the cost of travel but Primetime isn't that league. Maybe the U90 Texas Club league will get there but I'm not seeing that they have options higher than U10G at this point.

I never said it was a money grab. What I said is that it's a waste of money (and time for that matter) for the players and parents to pay to travel for competition no better than you can get locally. You'd be better off skipping NPL and playing the better tournaments and showcases, especially if college coach exposure is what you are looking for.

By the way, Texas Champions League was a waste of money for the exact same reason. FDL and ECRL will end up being a waste of money as well, unless they can make good on their promise to hold their matches in conjunction with DA/ECNL and attract college coaches to wander over to their matches.

You'd deliver a lot more value to your parents and players if you could spend time networking with NTX coaches/DOC's from clubs with the teams that would be good competition, and convince a group of them to sign up for Primetime or U90C as a "development" league.

Back to top Go down

Post by CBTeamworks 26/08/18, 08:27 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:
CBTeamworks wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:

I never said it was a money grab.  What I said is that it's a waste of money (and time for that matter) for the players and parents to pay to travel for competition no better than you can get locally.  You'd be better off skipping NPL and playing the better tournaments and showcases, especially if college coach exposure is what you are looking for.

By the way, Texas Champions League was a waste of money for the exact same reason.  FDL and ECRL will end up being a waste of money as well, unless they can make good on their promise to hold their matches in conjunction with DA/ECNL and attract college coaches to wander over to their matches.

You'd deliver a lot more value to your parents and players if you could spend time networking with NTX coaches/DOC's from clubs with the teams that would be good competition, and convince a group of them to sign up for Primetime or U90C as a "development" league.  

I agree but most parents aren't going to pay for being on a tournament only team that's not in a league despite the obvious value. Primetime's been around for a while now. Competition has improved but it's not a serious alternative to LH or PPIL at this point. It's more supplemental as a Sunday league for most teams I've seen. A league like Primetime would be a great alternative to what's out there but there's not enough momentum, leadership, coordination, motivation to get it over the hump. There's not any single point of leadership amongst the hundreds of coaches to be able to pull off this type of coordination.
CBTeamworks
CBTeamworks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 27/08/18, 07:53 am

I can offer an alternative path to USYSA regionals if a team doesn't win state cup. A few teams have made it to nationals because of this.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by DDdadof1 27/08/18, 08:34 am

Delta, you've now mentioned you don't like NPL, PPL, TCL, FDL and ECRL. What is it you do like?
DDdadof1
DDdadof1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next