Latest topics
04 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)Today at 05:46 pmU90C
05 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)Today at 05:45 pmU90C
06 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)Today at 05:44 pmU90C
Moving to DFW - need adviceToday at 04:43 pmChauffeur
Looking for 07 Team to scrimmage Today at 04:37 pmsting71
06 Boys Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Today at 04:33 pmU90C
08 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)Today at 04:25 pmU90C
is the High School level for girls just as bad as the boys?Today at 03:35 pmDeltaTauChi
FC FAST needs 2 players in Frisco-Little Elm areaToday at 02:20 pmFC FAST 2011
Are Team dues new?Today at 02:13 pmSoccerSuckers
07 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)Today at 01:59 pmU90C
Sting Academy North - Looking for '09 PlayersToday at 01:12 pmStingAcademyNorth
Sting Academy North - Looking for '10 PlayersToday at 01:11 pmStingAcademyNorth
Sting Academy North - Looking for '11 PlayersToday at 01:10 pmStingAcademyNorth
Sting Academy North - Looking for '12 PlayersToday at 01:09 pmStingAcademyNorth
09 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)Today at 10:37 amU90C
10 Boys Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Today at 10:26 amU90C
09 Boys Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Today at 10:24 amU90C
JCL Weekly Marquee MatchupsToday at 10:24 amEhlodog
09 Boys Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)Today at 10:21 amU90C
00 Boys Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)Today at 10:15 amU90C
U.S. U17 MNT roster for England tournamentToday at 09:34 amMajorTom
Looking for PlayersToday at 08:44 amMpereztx10
U14 Frontier DivisionYesterday at 04:49 pmSoccerSuckers
03 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)Yesterday at 02:21 pmU90C

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Statistics
We have 12702 registered users
The newest registered user is Chauffeur

Our users have posted a total of 182781 messages in 24282 subjects

03 Classic League D1

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

03 Classic League D1

Post by Longview on 03/07/18, 02:29 pm

Super early, mostly uninformed view of predictions for the coming year:

1. FC Dallas Premier
Given the dead year in USSDA, all 03 academy kids have to go somewhere, and majority won’t go to full U17.  Hearing FCD did not do anything separate (ECNL, etc.), so FCDP will pick up a number of strong players.  This team came in 2nd on GD last year, and should probably win this year on the gallop.

2. Solar DeLeon
The 3 Solar teams were re-swizzled to make a true #1 (DeLeon), #2 (Sawyer), and #3 (DeLeon D2) teams.  Going to go out on a limb and say this team improves enough to just pip FC Premier to the post.  Wild card is if the rumored ECNL team takes some of the top D1 players.

3. FC Premier
Stays strong, but teams changing around them is only reason they drop.  May be a one year blip after academy kids go back to full time USSDA status.  Don’t think this team will repeat but may very well be a clear 2nd.

4. Dallas Texans Craft
Another ECNL impact wildcard, but assuming they stay largely intact and maybe pick up a few DT academy dropouts.

5. FC Dallas West Che
With Che Blue dropping to D2, gotta think Che consolidated his best players.  Again, a matter of other teams improving more than a criticism of this team.

6. Solar Sawyer
The Solar restack goes both ways for Sawyer - guessing they lose some to DeLeon but get some DeLeon and Cates back, resulting in a slight upward impact on standing in the table.

7. Colleyville Evolution
Don’t know much about this group, but after the age pure reshuffle they finished a very strong 2nd in D3 and a very strong 1st in D2, so going to say they do OK even with the big step up in competition.

8. FC Dallas Borgarello
This team won some important games late last year, so will give them the very narrow nod.  I’ve seen a lot of these kids on this team since before age pure, so maybe they will get a puberty tailwind that others have already gotten.

9. FC Dallas Central Waters
Hard to put this team here given past success, and may be the biggest mistake when we look back, but they really struggled in the spring.

10. Dallas Texans West Connell
Don’t know much about this team, but they come up after not really being a dominant D2 team.  Maybe they reinforce and are a surprise, but will have to hear some rumors before I can back that up.

Let the banter begin!

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: 03 Classic League D1

Post by Soccer27 on 03/07/18, 09:24 pm

Well done ????????.... I wouldn’t go off and crown FCDP the D1 champs already. They will be the team to beat. I agree, but they also struggled with FC Premier in Dallas Cup. If it wasn’t for a questionable call then FC Premier would had won
Your right on Solar Deleon. It was a great idea by merging the 3 teams together. Solar Deleon is now that much stronger.
FC Premier has a great showing in NC last week and not loosing anyone and also not gaining anyone they will be still be in the heat for 3 peat champions.

Soccer27
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Muc03b on 05/07/18, 10:56 am

I won’t give a true 1-10 ranking on my end, but instead break them into tiers...

Tier 1

FC Premier- riding high after a fine showing at Regionals. This team is geared up and ready to defend the Classic league title and State Cup as well. Didn’t lose any key players, but added a few solid ones. On paper, you can give them 3rd or 4th, but that paper has been wrong the last two years Smile

FCDP- surely they’ll have the DA players taking over for a year. That should help. It’ll depend on whether or not this group can play as a team or as individuals on how successful they can be.

Solar Deleon-should bounce back into the top 4 when it’s all said and done and will show more dominance as opposed to this past year.

Che West- will also stay in top 4 as the headache of moving players around is probably settled a bit with the Blue team being in D2 now. Focused and ready to make a splash as the new team in SRPL.

Tier 2

Dallas Texans Dallas- not sure how this team has shaken out. ECNL May have played a role but heard the DA 03 boys took that slot (I could be way wrong). We’ll see if they can compete within SRPL and teams really coming after them.

Solar Sawyer-looks to have a revamped team here. Could be a sneaky pick here and have some key wins to solidify a top spot

Colleyville Evolution-this team has been on a strong incline since age pure and I felt they put on a decent showing at State Cup. They’ll do fine and stay afloat between the 4th-8th slot

FCD Waters-I’m confident this group went and strengthened their weaknesses and will take some time in gelling together, but will grow the right way.

FCD Borgarello-I think their time may be up and they may be looking at the 9-10 slot all year

Dallas Texans Connell-was shocked to see them move up as Azzuri just dropped the ball near the end. This team has some size, but will physically get beat up as they aren’t accustomed to the speed and physicality they are about to encounter.

Muc03b
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 08/07/18, 01:18 am

Thanks Soccer27 and Muc03b, can always count on you to chime in. With the 3 of us out of the way, that leaves about 177 other parents — what say the rest of you? Anyone have additional intel or opinions, or will we have to wait for the next few tournaments to start getting a read on things?

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 15/07/18, 08:45 am

Heard that Che West has picked up a couple of FCD DA kids (one of which would be the least surprising) that will have high impact. That definitely flips them into at least the top 4 for my very imperfect rankings.

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 on 15/07/18, 09:15 am

Next weekend should be a great preview of these new teams. It will be a good way to look at first glance and get a better insight on what will happen in Classic this year.

Soccer27
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sprint on 18/07/18, 03:58 pm

Looks like Solar Deleon and FCDP play this Saturday first game out of the gate for both of these newly formed teams. FCDP picked up at least 6 former DA players and most of the other kids on FCDP have been DP's or spent some time in one academy or another. It will be interesting to see how they do and how Deleon comes out with all the new faces.

FC Premiere has to be the favorite until proven otherwise in the league based on history. They would have beaten the FCD 03 DA team in Dallas cup had it not been for a last second miracle for FCD.

sprint
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 31/07/18, 09:06 pm

7am games in week 1.  You know, I bet it would be even cooler at 6am.  With CL it’s all about the kids (at least all the ones named Benjamin).

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MajorTom on 01/08/18, 10:56 am

Longview wrote:7am games in week 1.  You know, I bet it would be even cooler at 6am.  With CL it’s all about the kids (at least all the ones named Benjamin).

scratch

MajorTom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 01/08/18, 11:56 am

As in they’re all about the Benjamins.

I’m here all week, tip your server.

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by upper95 on 01/08/18, 03:19 pm

Longview wrote:As in they’re all about the Benjamins.  

I’m here all week, tip your server.

So a non-profit league that moves the first game up an hour to avoid playing the later games in the hottest part of the afternoon during a hotter than usual summer is about the money, demonstrated by this act?

I don't think you will be here all week. Smile

upper95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 01/08/18, 04:00 pm

Looking at the weather for tomorrow, it will be 4 degrees hotter at 2pm (I.e., roughly halftime of a 12:30pm game) than it will be at 12pm (roughly halftime of an 11am game).  I see games at 11am in week 2, so that is OK per CL.  

Point is that it is the first time I’ve ever seen a 7am start, and maybe kids who will be leaving their house at 5am wouldn’t mind that trade-off.  And for people who don’t live 5 minutes from Richland and are part of a team that arrives 45 minutes in advance of kickoff, maybe 7am is a little early.

Feels like an overreaction to a 10 day period of extreme temperatures.  That or an I-don’t-care-about-my-customers attitude, which was the point of the throwaway joke.

Now that I’ve written all this, it feels like I have been here all week...

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 07/08/18, 09:15 am

It’s that time.

Wildly inaccurate predictions for week 1:

FC Premier   3-0   Texans West
FCP gets off on the right foot at the expense of the new kids in town.

FCD Premier   2-1   Colleyville Evolution
Nipper still getting all his new parts acclimated and a late goal against the run of play makes the last few minutes interesting.

FCD West   2-0   FCD Central
Che shows they are ready to play this year, and Waters  struggles to find the back of the net.

Solar DeLeon   2-1   Solar Sawyer
The restacking has its intended effect as DeLeon stake their claim within the Solar system.

Texans Taleb   1-1   FCD Borgarello
Rebuilt Texans team getting their legs under them, typical gritty match with the Borg boys.

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 on 07/08/18, 03:27 pm

Sounds pretty much how I would put it. It will be a weekend that everyone is wanting to start off on the right foot and make a statement.

Congrats to Solar Sawyer for winning 03 Dallas Texans summer classic and Solar Deleon for winning the 02 bracket at ayces summer classic

Soccer27
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Muc03b on 09/08/18, 12:37 pm

Week 1 predictions...

FC Premier vs Texans West
FC Premier will be off to a strong start and Texans West have the unfortunate luck of playing thetop of last year’s table first. FC Premier 4-0 Texans West

FCD Premier vs Colleyville Evo
New look FCD squad takes on last year’s D2 champion. Evo will keep it close, but FCD Premier pulls it out.
FCD Premier 2-0 Colleyville Evo

FCD West vs FCD Central
West, even with what seems to be a slightly stronger team and has done enough to win, even with close results, will struggle to find the net. Central’s defense continues to be strong and they keep it within reach.
FCD West 1-1 FCD Central

Solar Deleon vs Solar Sawyer
I like the direction that Deleon is moving towards with the revamped “top” team for Solar 03B Classic teams. But anytime you’re playing your friendly club counterpart, especially Solar Sawyer, all bets are off. Deleon will have a more successful year, but Sawyer will be out to prove a point to start the season and grab some attention around the league.
Solar Deleon 1-1 Solar Sawyer

Texans Taleb vs FCD Borgarello
I’m gonna assume both rosters are revamped to an extent. I think Texans will prove to be too much for the Borgarello side. Texans will win while Borgarello is left looking for answers early.
Texans 2-0 Borgarello

This should be a fun season and hope to keep this 03 board active throughout the year!!

Last edited by Muc03b on 09/08/18, 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sp)

Muc03b
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 09/08/18, 04:26 pm

Longview's Useless Classic League Trivia Stat of the Day

Last year, points per game against the 5th-10th place teams aligned exactly with overall standings with one exception: FC Premier was 5th in that metric.  

How did they make it up? By blowing everyone away in points per game against the top 4.

Helpful Hint For This Year's Teams: Beat who you should beat, or do something extraordinary.  

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Javaguy on 19/08/18, 10:29 am

Great start to the season for FCD teams. Looks like they got some new players on Central that have bumped them up a notch. Hard to tell about the Texans teams, both are basically new to D1 because Craft took the old team to ECNL (right?). However, they both seemed strong and aggressive from what I saw. Thoughts for the coming week?

Javaguy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Muc03b on 19/08/18, 08:31 pm

Shout out to the 4 Frontier League teams (FC Premier, FC Dallas Premier, FCD Che West, Solar DeLeon) on sweeping the OK teams this weekend. 2-0 for all NTX teams with OK teams leaving 0-2. Major kudos to Solar and Che West on beating OK Energy Central, 2018 National Semifinalists. Wednesday’s Classic/FL games should be interesting...

Muc03b
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Javaguy on 19/08/18, 08:36 pm

Wow, great time hear these young men represented so well! Congrats to all.

Javaguy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 20/08/18, 05:28 pm

Really interested to see how it goes when the 4 FL teams start playing the Group of Six (can this become a thing? I don’t want to use words like Other or Bottom).  Will be interesting to see if there is a divide, or if the fight for the top 4 slots will be a true battle.

Three mid-week games this week. Here are my wildly inaccurate predictions:

Rebuilt Texans team getting their legs under them, typical gritty match with the Borg boys. (From a previous post; this is my story and I’m sticking to it)

Solar DeLeon    1-2   FCD Premier
Rosters aren’t exactly the same but these teams had good head to head battles last year.  Will give the nod to FCDP but could see any result with a close scoreline.

FCD Che West   2-3   FC Premier
Both teams give up goals early but FCP finds the difference maker late in 2H.

Good luck to all!

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 22/08/18, 10:01 am

Longview wrote:Really interested to see how it goes when the 4 FL teams start playing the Group of Six (can this become a thing? I don’t want to use words like Other or Bottom).  Will be interesting to see if there is a divide, or if the fight for the top 4 slots will be a true battle.

Three mid-week games this week. Here are my wildly inaccurate predictions:

Rebuilt Texans team getting their legs under them, typical gritty match with the Borg boys. (From a previous post; this is my story and I’m sticking to it)

Solar DeLeon    1-2   FCD Premier
Rosters aren’t exactly the same but these teams had good head to head battles last year.  Will give the nod to FCDP but could see any result with a close scoreline.

FCD Che West   2-3   FC Premier
Both teams give up goals early but FCP finds the difference maker late in 2H.

Good luck to all!

Nailed the first one!  A Borgarello parent told me they got a red card about 15 minutes in but scored first and then held on as the Texans poured it on late.  Congrats to both teams for what sounds like was an exciting match.

Looking forward to tonight’s matchups...

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Javaguy on 22/08/18, 10:11 am

Longview, you are like the ball whisperer. Hate to see kids get Red Cards, unless it is really deserved. Tonight's games should be a great to watch. My wildly uninformed prediction is that the season ends with 2 of the current 4 not in the top 4. This age group is turning into more of a defense game and the teams that can shut people down will fair the best. I have a feeling that we will be seeing a lot of 1 score games this season.

Javaguy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 22/08/18, 11:17 am

Sounded like the red card was handbags on a Borg corner kick, but a punch was penalized. Borg folks thought it was a little harsh but no real uproar over the call.

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Javaguy on 22/08/18, 09:29 pm

Any update on the tonight's games? Saw Solar vs FCDP tied.

Javaguy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Muc03b on 22/08/18, 09:51 pm

FC Premier over Che West 2-1. It was a chippy game. Plenty of yellows. Some injuries as well. FC Premier contained the man-child to 1 insane goal early in the 2nd half. FCP scored their 2 in the first half. Good game overall.

Muc03b
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum