Latest topics
Looking for Solar Academy KitYesterday at 09:19 pmDoubleDown
Game of the WeekYesterday at 07:03 pmBENDMEOVER
NPL '01G - Looking for PlayersYesterday at 06:50 pmNTX Celtic FC
'09G Players Needed: Lantana, Flower Mound, Corinth & DentonYesterday at 06:40 pmNTX Celtic FC
'08G Players Needed: Lantana, Flower Mound, Corinth & DentonYesterday at 06:38 pmNTX Celtic FC
05 Girl Looking to Guest Play - Have Coach's BlessingYesterday at 04:16 pmNoSpinZone
NTX Santos - 2010BYesterday at 03:46 pmEhlodog
NTX Santos Open TrainingYesterday at 03:46 pmEhlodog
Solar East 11G Looking Yesterday at 03:09 pmSolar11G Wheatley
03 Classic League D1Yesterday at 11:24 amJavaguy
is the High School level for girls just as bad as the boys?Yesterday at 09:51 amBENDMEOVER
Renegades Soccer Club 10GYesterday at 08:34 amRenegades Soccer Club
New Solar 10G TeamYesterday at 08:30 amFMSolar
Top Sting 2010 Team leaves??? wha???Yesterday at 07:23 amTxSoCcErFaNrOcKOn
09 Girls Teams - Hill Country Classic (Jan. 25-27, 2019)13/12/18, 04:00 pmbigballer07
PIT - TRAINING ACADEMY13/12/18, 03:56 pmPITSoccer
PIT - FRISCO WINTER CAMP13/12/18, 03:53 pmPITSoccer
NTX Celtic 11G Elite- looking for a few more players13/12/18, 02:08 pmCelticSoccer
2016 GERMANY EXPENSE PAID TRIP ITINERARY - REGISTER NOW13/12/18, 01:59 pmmusaisaya
9v9 AND 7v7 OPTION FOR U10 AGE GROUP - TEXAS WINTER CLASSIC13/12/18, 01:58 pmmusaisaya
08 boys friendly tournament Fathers Day weekend 06/15-6/1613/12/18, 01:57 pmtornadoes
08 friendly tournament fathers day weekend13/12/18, 01:56 pmtornadoes
PIT WINTER 2 - INDOOR LEAGUE13/12/18, 01:47 pmPITSoccer
Frisco Flyers FUTSAL LEAGUE is OPEN for REGISTRATION!!13/12/18, 01:37 pmfutsalfriscoflyers
U12 DA announcement13/12/18, 12:23 pmBENDMEOVER

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Statistics
We have 12774 registered users
The newest registered user is s_speas

Our users have posted a total of 184201 messages in 24558 subjects

03 Classic League D1

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Re: 03 Classic League D1

Post by Longview on 30/11/18, 10:35 am

The weatherman says a little chilly next week, but should get the games in.  Here come the all-new predictions:

Tuesday
FCD Premier  4-1   Solar Sawyer

A revenge game of sorts for FCDP given the draw the first time around, but I expect Sawyer to get on the board.  A top FCDP player got a red last night, so that could have an impact, but I think there will be enough motivation to carry the day.

FCD Borgarello  1-2   FCD Che West
Che has righted the ship with some good wins lately, but the Borg boys have shown themselves to be a tough out this year.  Che won the first time, and I'll say a repeat albeit with a tighter scoreline.

Colleyville Evolution  2-3  FC Premier
FCP in an ornery mood after the Che loss. I think they'll struggle a little in this one but ultimately get back on the right track.  If CE can steal a point, they'll be feeling good about padding their advantage on the relegation spots.

Texans Taleb  0-4  Solar DeLeon
Solar boys riding high on their Dallas Cup bid and look to build positive mojo before the showdown with FCDP on 12/10. Texans come down to earth after getting their first victory of the season.

Wednesday
FCD Central  2-1  Texans West

Waters boys get the W in a gritty game and keep the race alive for 4th at the end of the fall season.  Central has been very steady this year and don't see them tripping up here, to the Connell boys' chagrin.

Thursday
Small milestone - with Thursday's games, everyone will have FINALLY played everyone else at least once.

Texans Taleb  1-3  FC Premier
Just when the Texans get their first win, they get a week with games against DeLeon and FCP - tough to maintain momentum through that, so props if they even salvage a point out of these two games. FC Premier has been a little up and down this season so will want to finish strong.

FCD Borgarello  1-0  Solar Sawyer
Sawyer needs a win here if they are going to make any noise this year, and a win for Borgarello probably removes any risk of relegation for them. Borg has had good defense (only DeLeon and FCDP have a better GA per game), and both teams struggle to score (tied for 3rd worst in the league in GF per game), so going to say Borg takes this one by nicking a goal on a set piece.

As always, good weather, competent referees, and healthy kids please.

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sprint on 30/11/18, 11:56 am

FCD P player got a red last night for language directed at himself after a frustrating play. Is there any justification for this rule? A player misses a shot, loses the ball and says the F word, (not directed at anyone but himself) and he gets a red and misses 2 games. Probably the dumbest rule I have seen in youth sports.

Don't need refs to police a 15 year olds language, let the parents or coach do that.

Again, this is not cussing at anyone, it simply getting mad at yourself. Rule needs to go away.

sprint
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 30/11/18, 02:52 pm

This was discussed on the thread a month or so ago, and I think everyone agreed that a red for self-cursing is a bit much/unfortunate but was thought to be technically within the CL rules.  Agree that it is incredibly harsh for a victimless offense.  Violent conduct sis supposed to be a minimum 2 game suspension, didn’t think so for language.

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sprint on 30/11/18, 04:21 pm

[quote="Longview"]This was discussed on the thread a month or so ago, and I think everyone agreed that a red for self-cursing is a bit much/unfortunate but was thought to be technically within the CL rules.  Agree that it is incredibly harsh for a victimless offense.  Violent conduct sis supposed to be a minimum 2 game suspension, didn’t think so for language.[/quote]

I was complaining on that discussion a few months ago as well. Still angry about it...Sad

sprint
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach on 30/11/18, 04:32 pm

I didn't agree, so not everyone. Cool
It is in the Law 12.
*using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
Maybe a little self control?
Lots of people make mistakes without throwing down f-bombs.

Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 on 30/11/18, 06:01 pm

15 yr old cursing in public. Parent of the year! If my kid curses in the middle of the game. A red card is the least of his problems. I’ll pop him right on the field.

Good Job CL!

Soccer27
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 10/12/18, 11:50 am

Some of last week's predictions roll over to this Thursday, but tonight's games are the final ones I haven't posted on.

Texans West  1-2  Texans Taleb
Last time was a draw, but Taleb has shown a little more lately - will give them the nod in a back and forth match.

FC Dallas Premier  2-2  Solar DeLeon
More scoring than the first time around, but don't think there is much between these two, so will stick with another draw.

Colleyville Evolution  1-2  FCD Borgarello
Close match, gritty, but expect Borgarello to keep the Evo boys at bay.

FCD Central  2-3  Solar Sawyer
Sawyer gets a much needed win in a wild affair - I'll say a winner in the last 5 minutes via a goal mouth scramble.

As always, good (if cold) weather, competent referees, and healthy kids please.  Once all the Fall games are done, I'll come back with some analytics and commentary for some light holiday reading.

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 on 10/12/18, 11:56 am

What fun the ending of the fall season! It is coming down to the last few games. Props to he teams who continue to play with their original roster from day 1. It is funny to see DT Taleb and FCD premier bring their ECNL/ DA players down to play classic league. All in the name to wins or get out of regulation. FCD Premier game tonight will be full of their DA players with the new additions in order to win against classic teams

Soccer27
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sprint on 10/12/18, 02:32 pm

No games tonight, fields too wet.

Sure seems like it would be a good idea for CL to build one turf field at Richland college to ensure games can be played when there are long stretches of bad weather.

sprint
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito on 10/12/18, 07:59 pm

sprint wrote:
Longview wrote:This was discussed on the thread a month or so ago, and I think everyone agreed that a red for self-cursing is a bit much/unfortunate but was thought to be technically within the CL rules.  Agree that it is incredibly harsh for a victimless offense.  Violent conduct sis supposed to be a minimum 2 game suspension, didn’t think so for language.

I was complaining on that discussion a few months ago as well.  Still angry about it...Sad

Lame CL rule. 1 game for sh!t and 2 for fcuk. What do they get for damn and sonofabitch?
It is one thing if the player is abusing the ref but otherwise the penalty is disproportionate to the offense. I am more bothered by dirty physical play. Not dirty words.
davito
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rocketpop Yesterday at 08:54 am

One of our players got caught by this after he shanked a ball.  Said it to his self.  Happen in the first 10 munites of the game, so he missed that game plus two more.  

I have seen this call three times this year, although on Tuesday the player said "come on ref, that's a f'ing card"   Turns out he was right, but it was a red card for him.  Laughing

I think you can get away with saying to yourself, but when you scream it so everyone can hear you, you going to get a red card.

Like it or not it is a rule, we were told about in the managers meeting that is was going to be enforced. The REFs tells the boys before the game, they even have a big note they show the players, that said the F word will result in a red card.

rocketpop
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Javaguy Yesterday at 09:49 am

Looking forward to possibly ending the first half of the season this weekend. Longview, I am split on your calls for the weekend games, which probably means the teams will lose. Here is how I see it:

Texans West 1-1 Texans Taleb
Time off for all the teams will probably lead to offenses out of sorts. This will be a grit match that will be too close to call, thus I gave it a tie. This should be a great game to watch along with...

FC Dallas Premier 2-1 Solar DeLeon
I have no real reason for this other than the fact that FCDP offense might be clicking a little more right now. I also believe they will have back a main defender that should make it difficult for Solar to score more than 1.

Colleyville Evolution 1-2 FCD Borgarello
I agree with this. Evo is really showing better play as they are getting use to the speed and physicalness of D1, but Borgarello is still looking to finish in the top 4 and needs this win.

FCD Central 2-0 Solar Sawyer
These teams have meet a number of times this season and Sawyer has yet to beat them (I believe). Central seems to just have their number. Also, like FCDP, they are apparently getting back a key defender and goal scorer from injury. But Sawyer does have two things in their favor. 1) the drive to stay in D1 and 2) I believe Central's goalie is out with a broken arm.

Best of luck to all and may we actually end the season this weekend!

Javaguy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 Yesterday at 10:16 am

FcdP v Solar Deleon game will not get played this weekend since both are playing in the NL games this weekend. Good thing for FCD premier they lowered the U17 DA players that are not getting much play time to FCDP. I guess since they are not dominating the league as expected they are bringing reinforcements to beat Deleon and win the league.
Rumor is FCD DA isn’t happy with the production of their DA players in classic league and those players may not have a spot saved for them next year in DA. Guess it’s true not all the best players are in DA

quote="Javaguy"]Looking forward to possibly ending the first half of the season this weekend.  Longview, I am split on your calls for the weekend games, which probably means the teams will lose. Here is how I see it:

Texans West  1-1  Texans Taleb
Time off for all the teams will probably lead to offenses out of sorts.  This will be a grit match that will be too close to call, thus I gave it a tie. This should be a great game to watch along with...

FC Dallas Premier  2-1  Solar DeLeon
I have no real reason for this other than the fact that FCDP offense might be clicking a little more right now. I also believe they will have back a main defender that should make it difficult for Solar to score more than 1.

Colleyville Evolution  1-2  FCD Borgarello
I agree with this. Evo is really showing better play as they are getting use to the speed and physicalness of D1, but Borgarello is still looking to finish in the top 4 and needs this win.

FCD Central  2-0  Solar Sawyer
These teams have meet a number of times this season and Sawyer has yet to beat them (I believe). Central seems to just have their number.  Also, like FCDP, they are apparently getting back a key defender and goal scorer from injury.  But Sawyer does have two things in their favor. 1) the drive to stay in D1 and 2) I believe Central's goalie is out with a broken arm.

Best of luck to all and may we actually end the season this weekend![/quote]

Soccer27
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Javaguy Yesterday at 10:29 am

Bummer that they will not play this weekend. And the season that will never end continues...

As far as dropping players down, when did they do it? They did struggle against an injury riddled Central team, however I believe they had at least one key injury as well. (I was not at the game, so second hand info). I wonder how much is about moving kids down to win or that they may need players as many teams have boys dropping like flies.

With that in mind, I do not remember so many boys getting hurt last year. Every team seems to have lost a couple key players to injury this year.

Javaguy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sprint Yesterday at 11:14 am

The roster for FCD Premiere has not changed the entire season with the exception of one player moving on to Premiere.  There are a number of Development Academy DP or Designated Players on Premiere that are still considered in the FCD Academy program but don't play with the U17 DA team.  They have been on Premiere all year and practice with Premiere, go to tournaments with premiere and are part of the premiere team.  They were all there the first time Premiere  played Deleon and tied with the exception of the one player recently added.  

If you know anything about DA at FCD you probably know no one is ever safe on any of the DA teams and no player has a locked in spot for next year, on any DA team at any level.

I agree with you that all the best players are not in DA.

sprint
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Javaguy Yesterday at 11:24 am

Thanks sprint for the info. I thought it was kind of weird they would be doing this. I have been familiar with the process and it sounds like nothing has really changed. And I would agree that not all the best players are playing DA. However, I do applaud their dedication to the sport and only the sport.

Wish DA would be more open to allowing outside play like they used to. I believe the whole reason they originally set it up was to become more competitive in the World Cup. Doesn't seem to be working yet Smile Forcing 14, 15, 16 year old kids to make that choice was not something we wanted to do, and thankfully it is not something our son wants at this time either.

Javaguy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum