TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMSToday at 08:28 pmsoccerfanatic2008
2018 America's Red, White & Blue CupToday at 04:31 pmLiverpool Tournaments
Game of the WeekToday at 04:15 pmCATX
TOURNAMENT: UPPER 90 CHALLENGE - Nov. 30-Dec. 2, 2018Today at 09:46 amU90C
Tournament upset alertYesterday at 06:04 pmCheckpoint Charlie
03 DT Fall Festival Yesterday at 12:16 pmAnt_Knee
League Challenge Cup discussion16/11/18, 09:17 pmteddykgb
Out of Control16/11/18, 03:33 pmCornydogonastick
06 Boys looking for a free or half price tourney in December16/11/18, 03:09 pmEFC-Soccer
07 Boys Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)16/11/18, 01:35 pmU90C
03 Boys Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)16/11/18, 01:04 pmU90C
Dfeeters Thanksgiving Showcase16/11/18, 12:52 pmcanaryman
12 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)16/11/18, 12:21 pmU90C
09 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)16/11/18, 10:56 amU90C
07 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)16/11/18, 10:55 amU90C
11 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)16/11/18, 10:54 amU90C
10 Boys Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)16/11/18, 10:52 amU90C
Looking for guest players! 16/11/18, 08:28 ampingo99
Solar East Williamson 09 JCL16/11/18, 05:50 amSolarEastForney
05 Girls Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)15/11/18, 05:34 pmU90C
12 Boys Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)15/11/18, 05:32 pmU90C
07 Boys Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)15/11/18, 05:30 pmU90C
05 Boys Teams - Upper 90 Challenge (Nov. 30-Dec. 2)15/11/18, 05:28 pmU90C

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Statistics
We have 12737 registered users
The newest registered user is KALRP11

Our users have posted a total of 183673 messages in 24439 subjects

03 Classic League D1

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: 03 Classic League D1

Post by Muc03b on 22/08/18, 09:51 pm

FC Premier over Che West 2-1. It was a chippy game. Plenty of yellows. Some injuries as well. FC Premier contained the man-child to 1 insane goal early in the 2nd half. FCP scored their 2 in the first half. Good game overall.

Muc03b
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 on 23/08/18, 06:38 am

FC Premier looked strong last night. FCD west missed their chances right in front of the goal shooting it right st the keeper. FCD West brought a DA player aka man child to try to help them. This was his first game with the team. I’m sure he will be invited for PL games.

FCD DA I mean Premier played fast and big. Their speed of the game and movement off the ball is faster than any classic team. Much credit to Solar Deleon. They showed that they can compete with them. Both teams had opportunities Solar had more opportunities to win the game. I don’t know what you take out of this game. Is the DA level just not that much higher ? Is Solar Deleon that much better? Are the best players not all in DA?

Only the first game of the season. A long road to the end of the season

Soccer27
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 23/08/18, 07:20 am

I think what your hinting at is correct - there is a lot of talent in our area, and who is or isn’t in the DA isn’t the pure indicator of talent.  Not picking on a city for any reason other than an example, but Indianapolis has a DA team - I’d bet there are many years where DFW has non-DA players that are better than some of the Indy DA players if for no reason other than math. DFW at least 4 times the size and probably has more players per capita, so no surprise that 3 local DA squads aren’t enough to capture all the talent “at that level “.  But I digress - next weekend's predictions out shortly...

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 23/08/18, 08:45 am

So 1 perfect prediction, 1 right on goal difference, and 1 more that I was in the neighborhood on - let’s see how bad I do this week:

Saturday
Solar DeLeon   4-1  Texans Taleb
Solar boys showed a lot by drawing with FCDP and shutting them out, so expect them to cruise here as they build momentum.

Sunday
FC Premier   3-1   Colleyville Evolution
FCP feasts at the expense of the new arrivals, but the CE center backs keep it respectable.

Texans West   1-1   FCD Central
Mild upset as Waters gives up a 2H goal and can’t find the winner.

Solar Sawyer   0-3   FCD Premier
I expect a good Sawyer team to compete well, but have a bad feeling that this might be the game where it comes together for FCDP.

FCD Che West   2-1   FCD Borgarello
The man-child proves too much to handle for the Borg boys.

Best of luck to all, hope we get decent officials, and no injuries.

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sprint on 23/08/18, 09:38 am

To answer your questions 1) no DA is not that much better than top Classic league teams, 2) no, not all the best player are in DA, and 3) Solar Deleon is a good team but the rest of the season will tell us where they rank, as it will with every team.

DA games are typically a little faster and more intense than CL games but there are a lot of interchangeable players in the two leagues. It's possible the DA 03 Teams from last year at Solar, DT and FCD would have finished anywhere from 1 to 5 in CL last year.

Based on my experience, DA is more about trying to get college scholarships at the older age groups. You can get looks at colleges in CL, but it does not compare to the DA showcases where there are 70 D1 Scouts watching your games. But that says nothing about the level of the individual players, just the best place to get noticed.

I thought FCD Premiere had more of the ball last night but Solar had some good counters and had some good chances, probably the best chance for either team that just went over the crossbar. FCDP had some good chances late and were pressing for the goal. A tie was a fair result.

sprint
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 26/08/18, 01:15 pm

Congrats to the Sawyer boys for being the first G6 to take points off the FL4.  There will be ups and downs for all this year, but maybe this is an indication that the top 4 aren’t set in stone just yet.

Also congrats to FCD Central for taking care of business in first two match days.  I’ve been a little down on that team, but I’m big enough to be able to say when I’m wrong, and I was wrong about them.  

Wasn’t expecting 2 draws out of FCD Premier, but just goes to show that our league is pretty tough.  One team will struggle with Opponent A while another team will handle them easily, and vice versa - styles make fights.

Last not least, kudos to FC Premier for taking care of business.  I dropped them in my preseason rankings, but to be the man you’ve got to beat the man, and the man is 2-0 right now!

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 26/08/18, 01:31 pm

And we’ve got mid-week makeup games this week, so I’m reposting (and slightly revising) my predictions:

FC Premier   3-0   Texans West
FCP gets off on the right foot keeps rolling at the expense of the new kids in town.

FCD Premier   4-1   Colleyville Evolution
Nipper still getting all his new parts acclimated and a late goal against the run of play makes the last few minutes interesting.If FCDP don’t wake up after the Sawyer result and come out breathing fire, then maybe they aren’t what I expected.

FCD West   2-1   FCD Central
Che shows they are ready to play this year, and Waters  struggles to find the back of the net.Respect to Central but still think Che is smidge better at this point. (So of course I will be wrong and Central will find a way)

Solar DeLeon   2-1   Solar Sawyer
The restacking has its intended effect as DeLeon stake their claim within the Solar system, but a very close match indeed.

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JuegoBonito on 26/08/18, 03:28 pm

No make-up games this week unfortunately, so a little time to re-tune while some of the teams play the FL this weekend.

The team and coach that impress most is FC Premier. That coach knows how to get his team and players to perform, especially when it counts most. The club has limited resources and the core of that team remains the same. Coach is doing something right cause when all cylinders are firing, watch out. And when they're not, they are scrappy enough to do what it takes.

FCD Premier will figure things out and make a run for the top spot, but only because of all the hand me down talent and speed they acquire on a yearly basis. Coach is average at best, and it's more of the same, posses and move laterally, but they can't put it together and find the back of the net when they need to. A solid coach has this group winning by at least 3 or 4 goals each and every game.

FCD West is another solid contender, but coaches ego is larger than his ability to develop the team/players. It's easier to recruit, and bring down a kid or two when you need big wins. Regardless, they are a solid team full of talent and easily top 4, and will be at the top if any of the others falter.

Solar DeLeon, solid coach, and it certainly makes things easier when you combine all teams and get the pick of the litter. Nice tie vs. FCP, but think they will still need to prove themselves against the big boys. Certainly top 4.

FCD Central is off to a solid start but vs weaker competition. Not a whole lot on this team thus far, they will finish middle of the pack at best.

FCD Borgarello keeps pushing the Argentine way to no avail. Close to Central and will finish very near them.

Texans as a club are struggling to keep top talent and it shows. Coaching is average and they will struggle to come up with points on a consistent basis. One of these two teams could easily be relegated.

Solar Sawyer is a scrappy team and they will pull off some upsets here or there, but they will struggle. They will do well in some tourneys however, as typical.

Colleyville team is going to have to figure things out quickly or they will be the team that other beat up on regularly. Unless something big changes, they will be headed back to where they came from.

FC Premier over Texas West by 2 or 3.
FCD West over FCD Central by 2 or 3 at least.
Solar DeLeon by 2 over Sawyer.
FCDP over Colleyville by at least 4.

JuegoBonito
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 26/08/18, 06:59 pm

That’s what I’m talking about - like to see new voices here. You are right, I jumped the gun by a week on the makeups, but like the bold predictions. Other opinions? Smoke ‘em if you got ‘em.

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Javaguy on 27/08/18, 08:55 am

It was an eventful weekend for the boys. Seems like cards where flying in a few of the games too.

My Next week predictions (option to change after seeing what happens this weekend with the Non-conference games).

FCP 4-0 Texans
Just can't see the Texans slowing down this train. FCP are usually their own worse enemies, so they will have a game or two that they don't think, but this will not be one of them.

FCDP 2-1 Colleyville
This game will have more to say about FCDP than Colleyville. FCDP will need to learn to score, something they have been struggling with since the second half of last year. The worse it gets, the more the team's mental state seems to struggle. Last weekends card filled game could be just the beginning of a long disappointing year for them.

FCD West 1-1 FCD Central
West looks strong and should be poised to take the top spot in FCD, but Central picked up some major talent it looks like. Though against "lesser" squads, they are scoring (something some of the other clubs can't seem to do). Even bigger, they still have not given up a goal and apparently there has not been too many chances either. I don't see their luck/skill being able to keep a clean slate against West, but as they continue to gel, I would think they are only going to get better. This game may decide the top FCD team, for at least one week.

Solar DeLeon 3-2 Solar Sawyer
Another great into club rivalry game (should we dub this Rivalry Week?). Probably the game I am looking forward to the most as a fan. It should be high scoring and a LOT of physical play out of both teams. Hopefully the both sides will keep the cards to a minimum. Like the game above, this is set the tone for Solar for the week, but in reality, it means a lot more to DeLeon and their bid to stay in the top 4.

Javaguy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rocketpop on 30/08/18, 03:55 pm

Boy! Can't wait until next year when I can get in on all this D1 fun. LOL.

Of course that's me being very optimistic about my son's team.

rocketpop
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 30/08/18, 06:08 pm

Best of luck to him - we’ll look forward to having you!

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 03/09/18, 05:22 pm

Good weekend for D1 teams — Frontier League teams beat up on OK teams again, FCD Borgarello won Plano Labor Day Gold, and Colleyville Evolution won Plano Silver. Well done boys!

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Javaguy on 03/09/18, 05:28 pm

Great to see NT Soccer doing so well. Really makes the Classic League games a bit of a regional measuring stick this year. I think I am liking having DA players mixed in to see where NT stands in soccer. Still a lot of great talent out there.

Javaguy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 on 03/09/18, 06:45 pm

Great job to both FCD Premier and Solar Deleon. Both teams won both of their games.
I don’t see FCDP/DA standing out far and beyond others. They were down this weekend 2-0 to OK Energy Central but then came back and scored 4 goals in 15 min. Being DA you wouldn’t expect them to be down in a game or a draw. Solar Deleon remain consistent and winning both games 4-1. FC Premier and FCD West both tied one of their games. FCD West didn’t bring their big DA manchild so they were just another team.FC Premier is better than they played in tieing in their game. They will get back to their winning ways this week.

Javaguy wrote:Great to see NT Soccer doing so well.  Really makes the Classic League games a bit of a regional measuring stick this year. I think I am liking having DA players mixed in to see where NT stands in soccer. Still a lot of great talent out there.  

Soccer27
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rocketpop on 03/09/18, 06:49 pm

Congratulation to Colleyville Evolution.  Texas Spurs beat them in bracket play and played them to 0-0 tie in the finals.  We just could not get our PK's in.

rocketpop
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 04/09/18, 05:03 pm

Back to CL for the completion of the rainout makeups. Some predictions above, looking forward to seeing how these play out. I’ll be back on Thursday to gloat about my prediction sorcery or (more likely) lick my wounds and offer up predictions for the weekend.

Any other thoughts going into the mid-week games? Who’s got some scoop for ol’ Longview?

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 06/09/18, 07:58 am

Straight chalk in the midweek games, some by bigger margins than I expected.  The FL4 are indicating there may indeed be daylight between them and the G6 (that Sawyer draw against FCDP is looking better and better).

Without further adieu, here are my wildly inaccurate predictions for Gameday 4:

FCD West   3-1   Colleyville Evolution
The Plano Silver win hits the rear view mirror - CE, welcome back to D1.

FC Premier   2-1   FCD Borgarello
The Borg boys keep it close on the scoreboard, but FCP dominates play.

Solar DeLeon   3-0   FCD Central
DeLeon keeps rolling while Central comes back to the pack.

FCD Premier   1-0   Texans West
Should be a bigger margin but West likes to slug it out and FCDP has been up and down.

Texans Taleb   0-2   Solar Sawyer
Sawyer shows they are better than the current standings indicate and get their first win of the year.

Good luck to everyone!

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Javaguy on 06/09/18, 11:01 am

Wow, the FL4 really came on strong last night. The game I was at was closer than the score showed, but still, great job by the FL4. I think this weekend may set the tone for the next few months. Many of the teams in the games Wednesday had 5-6 games this weekend in the heat. One day recovery is not that much time for these kids to recover. This weekend should be a better gauge. Not that the results will be different, but the games should be tighter.

Javaguy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 on 06/09/18, 11:24 am

Which game was that ?

Soccer27
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JuegoBonito on 06/09/18, 11:50 am

Undefeated in my first week of predictions, I'll take it.

Here goes;

FCD West 4-0 Colleyville Evolution
Celleyville simply outmatched.

FC Premier 4-1 FCD Borgarello
The train seems to be rolling full steam ahead.

Solar DeLeon 3-0 FCD Central
Solar continues their strong play.

FCD Premier 4-0 Texans West
FCDP looks to have found the back of the net again.

Texans Taleb 0-2 Solar Sawyer
Agree with Longview here, Sawyer a better team and comes away with the W.

Now the rain needs to stay away and we should be good to go!

JuegoBonito
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by sprint on 07/09/18, 03:11 pm

After watching Colleyville Evolution wed night I was pretty impressed with them. They have size, pace and played with a lot of intensity. I think they could surprise some people this year here and there and if you sleep on their center forward he will be on goal in a flash.

Hope the rain stays away for this weekend.

sprint
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JuegoBonito on 08/09/18, 06:57 am

Colleyville has some players, but from what I saw, lack the cohesiveness and team chemistry to consistently win games. I'm sure they will surprise here or there, but without that consistency, they will be in D2 in no time.

JuegoBonito
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Javaguy on 14/09/18, 12:42 pm

JuengoBonito, the Jump from D2 to D1 is so much bigger than a lot of teams realize. The game moves faster. The players are faster and generally bigger. I wish them and the new Texans luck this year. It is probably the hardest because of all the DA talent that is added to top teams.

Javaguy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Javaguy on 14/09/18, 01:07 pm

So predictions for the weekend! My almost sure lock one is that the games will be rained out, but if that is wrong then:

Texans (Taleb) 2 Colleyville 1 - Expect a tough game with two teams needing a win. Texans find a way to stop the counters and hang tough.

Texans (Connell) 0 Solar (Sawyer) 2 - Texans have a strong defense with some big kids in the back, but Solar has too much speed from different players that know how to finish.

FCD Central (Waters) 1 FCD Youth (Borg) 0 - Ok, this really could be flipped and I had to make a call. I don't think they will tie, so I gave the nod to Waters. Both teams have trouble finishing, so it will come down to who gets lucky or which defense has a lapse. Feel free to flip this.

FC Premier 2 Solar (De Leon) 2 - Yes, this is a cheap way out, but I figure De Leon's strong Defense will balance well against FCP's Strong Offense will equal 2 goals. The possible sway will be in FCP"s average Defense against De Leon's Average offense. I believe that is where the game will be decided.

Upset Special of the Week:
FCD (Che) 3 FCD Premier 1 - Che has been consistently strong and seems to be getting stronger each game. FCDP still needs to prove they are consistent against the top talent. There is a lot to play for in the game. Should be the best game to watch as a fan.

Well, I will probably go 0-5, but that is my imperfect reasoning. Any other thoughts?

Javaguy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JuegoBonito on 14/09/18, 07:05 pm

Javaguy wrote:JuengoBonito, the Jump from D2 to D1 is so much bigger than a lot of teams realize.  The game moves faster.  The players are faster and generally bigger. I wish them and the new Texans luck this year.  It is probably the hardest because of all the DA talent that is added to top teams.

Yes and no. IMO, the biggest difference between the divisions and leagues, D3 vs D2 v D1 vs Academy, is the quantity of skilled players at all the positions. An academy team will have 11 solid players and depth, were a top D1 team may have a weakness here or there. When you have 11 solid skilled players, it gets much easier to move the ball around quickly. This is why teams like Solar Deleon are much stronger now. Or a team like FCD West, add a couple strong kids in the right positions and it makes a huge difference. And as team chemistry improves, they should get stronger assuming you have a good coach that can make it happen. FCD Premier has it easy because they get the addition of academy kids, or developmental players, or whatever you want to call them, by default.

JuegoBonito
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum