Latest topics
TOURNAMENT: College Showcase & Combine Nov 16-18Today at 06:47 pmatlas_sports
is the High School level for girls just as bad as the boys?Today at 06:13 pmDeltaTauChi
Blue Sky Winter Indoor Soccer LeaguesToday at 05:42 pmbssc
Moving to DFW - need adviceToday at 04:20 pmAtThePitch
DALLAS TEXANS FALL FESTIVAL 2018Today at 03:52 pmRiquelme Rises
Here were go again - Games CancellationToday at 03:19 pmSoccerSuckers
How to find a team for winter?!Today at 02:52 pmgoscore!
10 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)Today at 01:11 pmU90C
09 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)Today at 01:09 pmU90C
10 Girls Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Today at 01:07 pmU90C
FC Frisco Storm 03G looking for defenderToday at 11:39 amgiraffesrcute
FC Frisco Storm 03G looking for defenderToday at 11:38 amgiraffesrcute
FC Frisco Storm 03G looking for defenderToday at 11:34 amgiraffesrcute
Adding 1-2 PlayersToday at 09:37 amTexas Spurs 08G Blue
08 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)Yesterday at 06:02 pmU90C
12 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)Yesterday at 06:01 pmU90C
08 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)Yesterday at 05:58 pmU90C
09 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)Yesterday at 05:57 pmU90C
10 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)Yesterday at 05:52 pmU90C
04 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)Yesterday at 05:46 pmU90C
05 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)Yesterday at 05:45 pmU90C
06 Boys Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)Yesterday at 05:44 pmU90C
Looking for 07 Team to scrimmage Yesterday at 04:37 pmsting71
06 Boys Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Yesterday at 04:33 pmU90C
08 Girls Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)Yesterday at 04:25 pmU90C

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Statistics
We have 12702 registered users
The newest registered user is Chauffeur

Our users have posted a total of 182812 messages in 24291 subjects

03 Classic League D1

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Re: 03 Classic League D1

Post by Longview on 04/10/18, 11:41 pm

Re my last post, I guess that applies to Che West as well.  They gain 4 from the FCDP game and lose one from tonight, meaning they are 3 up on Borgarello for tiebreak purposes.

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 06/10/18, 06:50 pm

Another quick turnaround for two Sunday matches:

Solar DeLeon  3-1  Colleyville Evolution
CE finds the net against the leagues best scoring defense, but the DeLeon boys win on the gallop.

FCD Premier   4-1   Texans Taleb
Nipper’s boys compound the Texans’ misery with another convincing defeat.

If I’m right on these, the chase for the Dallas Cup slot will go to the final week. FCDP plays FCD Central, and DeLeon plays FCD Borg.  Expecting favorites to win, so this is going to come down to goal difference.

Best wishes for good health/officiating/weather.

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 on 07/10/18, 08:09 pm

Looks like the goal differential goes to solar at +3. With one more game left. Solar needs to secure two goal differential at their next game and they lock the DC bid.

FCDP will need 4 goal differential against FCD Waters.

The odds are in favor for Solar Deleon

Soccer27
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 07/10/18, 10:35 pm

Good point on DeLeon, +2 against FCD Borg and FCDP can’t catch them.  Will Waters lay down to help?  Will Borg find some magic and pull off the upset?  Doubtful on both, but at least there is something to play for.

Interesting mid-table game on Wednesday night this week with Sawyer taking on Borg.  Sawyer has played some good soccer this year but hasn’t translated in standings yet.  They close the first half with Borg, Che, and Taleb, which theoretically are all winnable games.  Will be interesting to see how they do.

Wednesday predictions:

FCD Che West   4-1   Texans West
Che got well last week against one Texans team, don’t see a different result against this Texans team.

FC Premier   2-1   FCD Central
Waters’ boys will hang, but Opoku’s squad will finish at least two of their superior number of good scoring opportunities.

FCD Borgarello   2-2   Solar Sawyer
I was wringing my hands over this one for a good 20 minutes.  I could see anything from a 2-goal victory for Sawyer to the same for Borg.  I’m copping out and saying honors even, but a very hard fought match.

Good weather, competent referees, and healthy kids please.

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dadof3 on 07/10/18, 11:41 pm

Longview wrote:Good point on DeLeon, +2 against FCD Borg and FCDP can’t catch them.  Will Waters lay down to help?  Will Borg find some magic and pull off the upset?  Doubtful on both, but at least there is something to play for.

Interesting mid-table game on Wednesday night this week with Sawyer taking on Borg.  Sawyer has played some good soccer this year but hasn’t translated in standings yet.  They close the first half with Borg, Che, and Taleb, which theoretically are all winnable games.  Will be interesting to see how they do.

Wednesday predictions:

FCD Che West   4-1   Texans West
Che got well last week against one Texans team, don’t see a different result against this Texans team.

FC Premier   2-1   FCD Central
Waters’ boys will hang, but Opoku’s squad will finish at least two of their superior number of good scoring opportunities.

FCD Borgarello   2-2   Solar Sawyer
I was wringing my hands over this one for a good 20 minutes.  I could see anything from a 2-goal victory for Sawyer to the same for Borg.  I’m copping out and saying honors even, but a very hard fought match.

Good weather, competent referees, and healthy kids please.

TBH, I am a long time poster on the girls side, but I haven't contributed much on the boys. I need to give some credit...I really like (and appreciate) the way Longview posts...the readers in the 03 boys area are lucky.

Here is why, Longview plays this exactly the way it should be done on a forum. I never agree completely, but I read his (or her) honest opinion. Whether you agree or disagree, it doesn't matter. THIS is exactly what we came here to read.

Disagree...say that you think X is gonna beat Y...or that you don't like Coach Z, but give us a reasoned position that is supported by your thinking. Too often this forum becomes a place where people try to bully others. You can absolutely disagree, but respond with a reasoned position...and defend yourself if others disagree.

I was able to communicate (and make friends) with people across this forum when my oldest was playing. Those people are still my friends. Their daughters played with and against mine. It was an absolute blast to talk about our daughters' games, and I miss it...and it won't be long until you will miss it too.

I read what you guys post. THANK YOU for making this something worth reading on this forum. I don't have much to say about many of the games you are talking about, but I read and make my own assessments.

I just wanted to say thanks for keeping this thing interesting...in a short-of-psychotic way.
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Javaguy on 08/10/18, 01:51 pm

Coming down the stretch of the first half has positions 3 in the standing wide open for as many as 5 teams to claim. This should be a great finish. Even better, so many of these teams seem to have gelled with their new players, so we should start to see some great soccer until the holiday break. Good luck all and may our boys walk off the field as healthy as they went on. Longview, I may not like your predictions, but hard to argue them too.

Javaguy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sprint on 08/10/18, 02:36 pm

Can someone explain the reasoning behind the red card for dropping an f bomb rule? I understand if a kid f bombs a ref or a parent or coach, they should be gone.

However, if a kid misses a shot and yells "F**K, why is he given a red card for simply being mad at himself? Seems pretty harsh when there was no intent but to express his won frustration at his shot or pass.

sprint
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 08/10/18, 10:35 pm

That happened?  I’m with you - I thought red card offense was over the top abusive language toward an opponent or an official.  Unless official thought it was at someone else, seems like a warning (not even a yellow, but a warning that next time it is a yellow) would have been right action.  

Don’t see anything in CL rules calling out that use of that word is an automatic red.

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rocketpop on 10/10/18, 11:47 am

We got caught by this also. One of our boys shanked the ball and said the F-Bomb to himself (loudly). Automatic RED and two games. Worse part it happen in the first 10 minutes of the games. We played down the rest of the way. AR said he would have let it go.

Next two games at roster check REF shows us a sign warning not to use the F-BOMB.

rocketpop
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Longview on 10/10/18, 12:26 pm

Huh. Wonder if that was covered at managers meeting before the season. Good to know.

Longview
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rocketpop on 10/10/18, 12:37 pm

Longview wrote:Huh.  Wonder if that was covered at managers meeting before the season.  Good to know.

It was. RED Card plus two games for F-BOMB and Racial Slurs.

rocketpop
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by sprint on 10/10/18, 05:22 pm

[quote="rocketpop"][quote="Longview"]Huh.  Wonder if that was covered at managers meeting before the season.  Good to know.[/quote]

It was.  RED Card plus two games for F-BOMB and Racial Slurs.[/quote]

I get the punishment for racial slurs and cussing at other people but to say it to yourself out of frustration is a little harsh in my book. Even if they know its the rule, its almost an involuntary response sometimes when you screw up on the field.

I think the rule is known, just think it's a bad rule. I am all for kids not cussing but two games is a lot for one word.

sprint
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum