North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Team Bye vs Club Bye - Page 6 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

Team Bye vs Club Bye

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Team Bye vs Club Bye - Page 6 Empty Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by BENDMEOVER 19/07/18, 03:00 pm

What Zizou is really trying to communicate is the dropout rate is 70 percent.

BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by MurderWasTheCase 19/07/18, 03:00 pm

Can't help getting sucked into it

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 19/07/18, 03:03 pm

SoccerSuckers wrote:What Zizou is really trying to communicate is the dropout rate is 70 percent.

***BAD LANGUAGE***

B.S.

Last edited by Zizou on 19/07/18, 03:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 19/07/18, 03:05 pm

Bling Bling you are too easy to get worked up.
BENDMEOVER
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderlipz 19/07/18, 04:17 pm

Very interesting dialogue going on here. I think Big Ego as usual is missing the point and also has a very narrow view of what’s actually out there in the way of overall talent. I would be willing to bet that each one of the ECNL/DA teams mentioned have multiple players on their roster that are only on the roster because either they can pay the outrageous amount of money it cost and or are paying for others to be on the roster. Some are even on rosters because of who they claim they can get to come out for said club or have an older sibling that is a superstar.

What most of who are a part of this sort of thing don’t realize, is this is the exact issues us soccer has with the pay to play model we have in this country. I can assure you there are lots of players both girls and on the boys side that get left out for this very reason every year and the percentages are growing year over year. DA was suppose to help stop the bleeding on this but DA has only cause an increase in politics and underhanded actions going on by coaches and parents alike. Great idea though, create another elite platform that’s supposed to provide a level playing field and include the less fortunate(unlike ECNL). Problem is they didn’t lay out a scouting format and mandate new talent be found and brought to the forefront, so we still see the same Ol players that have always been around.

I have recently been out and watched some of the so called lower level teams play and I often find myself wondering “why is that kid not playing ECNL or DA”? In 95% of these situations it’s either the money it cost or the parent doesn’t know or understand how to get the kid noticed. The big 5 clubs do a horrible job of scouting new talent and only know players they have currently or played against previously(some coaches don’t even know those players). This is unacceptable IMO, politics and money are ruining the future of soccer in this country. No talented kid should get left behind for any reason at all. Rosters should be chosen based on talent and the projection of that talent, not money and political gain.

thunderlipz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tikitalker 19/07/18, 04:32 pm

LOL can we stop with the overanalysis already? I come here for fart jokes and mudslinging. you people nosy as hell.

tikitalker
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 19/07/18, 04:49 pm

The system has failed. The numbers dont lie. Cant sell a product that doesnt work for the kiddos development.

Provide more avenues for players that don't necessarily want to play year round. We need less restrictions for free play, put the sport of soccer back in charge of the schools the infrastructure, staff and support is there and provide multiple teams to play based on UIL regulations. Give equal opportunity for unsanctioned tournaments for recreational teams which could be school or friends. I know alot of parents that could coach better than some of these club coaches take money out of the mix.

Revenue can be made by league ofeering to pay for rental management  refs etc. School leagues create tlrevenue w ticket sales school gear concessions etc. Play 6 months out of the year to able to do outside activities or other sports. High School maybe have state regional tournaments and national playoffs. Really enrich the game and provide a platform for all economic status of students athletes. This would open up the flood gates across America kids in small towns that dont have soccer and kids who do not have the financial means to pay to play. It would take no time before we would be relevant.
BENDMEOVER
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 19/07/18, 05:56 pm

So what your saying is to put the decision making in the future of soccer in texas in the hands of the UIL. (Now that’s funny)High school soccer coaches are paid stipends that are far inferior to coaches coaching other sports. More and more public schools are charging fees to play high school sports. Yeah, not every school has a football revenue that’s supports school sports. Sorry, you can Keep that idea.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 19/07/18, 05:59 pm

Are you saying that we should stay w a failed system that is declining in players?

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 19/07/18, 06:04 pm

I know everything you read from the internet has to be the truth. The system failing is purely an opinion based on zero facts. Does anyone see Italy changing their system because their guys team did not make the World Cup?

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 19/07/18, 06:08 pm

The numbers speak for themselves Zizou. Your rhetoric has no teeth.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 19/07/18, 06:14 pm

Sure! You do it your way! My family has had a very successful select soccer campaign. College education and playing soccer in college is on the horizon. Oh by the way, if you think UIL and even TAPPS for that matter put soccer as a priority in their daily operations you are a fool. I can’t stop laughing! Laughingstock!!!!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 19/07/18, 06:27 pm

The only one that's laughing is you Zizou. You part of the problem.
BENDMEOVER
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 19/07/18, 07:16 pm

That’s funny! I don’t work for the big clubs. Hell I don’t even coach soccer. I guess any parent that has a DD that has been successful and has enjoyed their select experience is a problem. Sure! Squirrel!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 19/07/18, 07:18 pm

Exactly my point. You never disappoint.
BENDMEOVER
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderlipz 19/07/18, 07:30 pm

Same ol Same ol BS, nobody gets anywhere in NTX or nationally for that matter, especially when you propose an alternative to the absolutely hideous system we employ to develop our youth athletes. All on this forum that are part of the problem will be quick to shoot holes in any idea you come up with because it doesn’t suite there elitest attitudes and egos, “system worked for my kid” because I played the games and politics and was willing to drop $10k(some pay more)a year on soccer. Funny thing is, if you saved that $$$ your kid could have a free ride on your dime, a very minuscule % of kids get full rides to college for soccer anyways, a small handful of colleges actually throw any money of significance at girls soccer. All these so called scholarships that ECNL runs around and brags about the girls getting are 1/4 and 1/2 rides, don’t even cover room and board, parents continue to pay a fortune for college.

I have an idea, instead of shooting holes in ideas, let’s brainstorm together and figure out a system that works and helps identify talent. After all, the more talent that chooses soccer, the more exciting it becomes and the more popular it will be. As the sport grows colleges will have to throw more dollars at it. The number one focuse should be identification of talent, then developing it and projecting into the future, pay to play system drives talent away to basketball, baseball, football and volleyball(girls) etc..... AAU isn’t worried about making money off parents, they have sponsors for that. Stop hating and be apart of the solution!

Oh and by the way, youth soccer in Italy and the Netherlands isn’t on a pay to play system like we are. They take kids at a very young age and pay there way, the less fortunate in most cases always get seen and developed. They missed the World Cup because the competition in UEFA is that stout, not because they aren’t developing talent.

thunderlipz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/07/18, 10:00 pm

thunderlipz wrote: All these so called scholarships that ECNL runs around and brags about the girls getting are 1/4 and 1/2 rides, don’t even  cover room and board, parents continue to pay a fortune for college.

In what world does a 1/2 ride not cover room and board? scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 19/07/18, 10:21 pm

We need soccer in schools everywhere small.towns to large districts. This will.promote new talent to play the game that dont have leagues in their community or training options. This will halp.market the game and get local businesses and new excitement for the younger kids.

Most of this kids never touch a soccer ball. Dempsey had to drive from the woods of Nacogdoches to Dallas just to have the same opportunities we have.

Last edited by SoccerSuckers on 19/07/18, 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
BENDMEOVER
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 19/07/18, 10:22 pm

thunderlipz wrote:Same ol Same ol BS, nobody gets anywhere in NTX or nationally for that matter, especially when you propose an alternative to the absolutely hideous system we employ to develop our youth athletes. All on this forum that are part of the problem will be quick to shoot holes in any idea you come up with because it doesn’t suite there elitest attitudes and egos, “system worked for my kid” because I played the games and politics and was willing to drop $10k(some pay more)a year on soccer. Funny thing is, if you saved that $$$ your kid could have a free ride on your dime, a very minuscule % of kids get full rides to college for soccer anyways, a small handful of colleges actually throw any money of significance at girls soccer. All these so called scholarships that ECNL runs around and brags about the girls getting are 1/4 and 1/2 rides, don’t even  cover room and board, parents continue to pay a fortune for college.

I have an idea, instead of shooting holes in ideas, let’s brainstorm together and figure out a system that works and helps identify talent. After all, the more talent that chooses soccer, the more exciting it becomes and the more popular it will be. As the sport grows colleges will have to throw more dollars at it. The number one focuse should be identification of talent, then developing it and projecting into the future, pay to play system drives talent away to basketball, baseball, football and volleyball(girls) etc..... AAU isn’t worried about making money off parents, they have sponsors for that. Stop hating and be apart of the solution!

Oh and by the way, youth soccer in Italy and the Netherlands isn’t on a pay to play system like we are. They take kids at a very young age and pay there way, the less fortunate in most cases always get seen and developed. They missed the World Cup because the competition in UEFA is that stout, not because they aren’t developing talent.

Your talking about a culture change where people spend money filling up soccer stadiums, buying soccer jerseys, and filling the club full of money. Soccer in the states cannot pull the revenue to compete against basketball, football, nor baseball. So just like any business model the focus their revenue on the ones that will pay. Parents! i will leave the crusade to fix youth soccer with experts like yourself and meth head. Sleep

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 19/07/18, 10:26 pm

SoccerSuckers wrote:We need soccer in schools everywhere small.towns to large districts. This will.promote new talent to play the game that dont have leagues in their community or training options. This will halp.market the game and get local businesses and new excitement for the younger kids.

Most of this kids never touch a soccer ball.

Soccer is in the schools. Middle school teams and high school teams in most, I won’t say all districts.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 19/07/18, 10:35 pm

School.socxer everywhere. Class A  on up . Start in Elementary when kids are experimenting w likes and dislikes in these communities. This will generate interest. Provide unsanctioned events for these teams. We had sports back in day and parents coached we played other elementary schools. Then the clubs came in later and suppressed this avenue. Now there no organized athletics in elementary.

Now you go pay for a coach uniforms league fees gas and travel. That's when it died. Now you got the greasy guy dangling his gold saying you want to get to the next level and he ain't pops coaching from the sidelines he just wants your paycheck.
BENDMEOVER
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderlipz 19/07/18, 11:09 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:
thunderlipz wrote: All these so called scholarships that ECNL runs around and brags about the girls getting are 1/4 and 1/2 rides, don’t even  cover room and board, parents continue to pay a fortune for college.

In what world does a 1/2 ride not cover room and board? scratch
Oh my bad, it covers half the room and board. Guess that post was pretty good if that’s all you got on it.

thunderlipz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 19/07/18, 11:11 pm

Zizou that greasy guy was you not pops on the sidelines, wanting his paycheck wearing his gold chain not giving a rats rear about the kids.
BENDMEOVER
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderlipz 19/07/18, 11:18 pm

Zizou wrote:
SoccerSuckers wrote:We need soccer in schools everywhere small.towns to large districts. This will.promote new talent to play the game that dont have leagues in their community or training options. This will halp.market the game and get local businesses and new excitement for the younger kids.

Most of this kids never touch a soccer ball.

Soccer is in the schools. Middle school teams and high school teams in most, I won’t say all districts.
The point is, the bigs are the ones that made it not relevant anymore, but then again you probably didn’t even know that. Your worried about UIL screwing things up, as if USSF, ECNL, LHGCL have done a good job. Trust me, they can’t do any worse, then again maybe it’s the fact that the politics and money don’t matter so much in school sports because they don’t need your money to make it happen? Maybe it’s the fact the parents don’t run the asylum in school sports?

thunderlipz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 19/07/18, 11:23 pm

Get the greasy chain wearing clubs out of sports all together and back in schools and problem solved.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by thunderlipz 19/07/18, 11:32 pm

Zizou wrote:
thunderlipz wrote:Same ol Same ol BS, nobody gets anywhere in NTX or nationally for that matter, especially when you propose an alternative to the absolutely hideous system we employ to develop our youth athletes. All on this forum that are part of the problem will be quick to shoot holes in any idea you come up with because it doesn’t suite there elitest attitudes and egos, “system worked for my kid” because I played the games and politics and was willing to drop $10k(some pay more)a year on soccer. Funny thing is, if you saved that $$$ your kid could have a free ride on your dime, a very minuscule % of kids get full rides to college for soccer anyways, a small handful of colleges actually throw any money of significance at girls soccer. All these so called scholarships that ECNL runs around and brags about the girls getting are 1/4 and 1/2 rides, don’t even  cover room and board, parents continue to pay a fortune for college.

Your talking about a culture change where people spend money filling up soccer stadiums, buying soccer jerseys, and filling the club full of money. Soccer in the states cannot pull the revenue to compete against basketball, football, nor baseball. So just like any business model the focus their revenue on the ones that will pay. Parents! i will leave the crusade to fix youth soccer with experts like yourself and meth head. Sleep
Tell me something I don’t know sir. The questions is why can’t we create that culture? Why are the best athletes choosing Football, Baseball, or Basketball? Answer: because most of the best athletes don’t come from high income families and these sports provide an unbiased opportunity to improve their lives and their families lives forever. Soccer can provide this same avenue, there is a reason it’s the most popular sport worldwide by a mile. Instead soccer is stuck in a downward spiral in this country and if drastic changes to the pay to play system aren’t made, youth soccer will be a shell of itself in less than 5-6 years. Then again your kids won’t be in it so what do you care, right?

thunderlipz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next