Latest topics
Classic League Div 1 Week 3 PredictionsYesterday at 06:47 pmCtrl Alt de Ligt
Junior Lake HighlandsYesterday at 05:15 pmBENDMEOVER
Inter United FC 12B (Bradford)Yesterday at 04:34 pmInterUnitedFC
Inter United FC 11G (Bradford)Yesterday at 04:25 pmInterUnitedFC
Shock FC 04G is now Infinity 04GYesterday at 03:17 pmbluesoc6
2019-2020 DA and ECNL TeamsYesterday at 02:14 pmYo
Renegades Soccer Club - Ramirez 2014G Opportunity Yesterday at 07:00 amRenegades Soccer Club
FC Dallas 05B (coach Chris Che) looking for 05 players19/09/19, 10:02 amFCDdad0507
Manchester SC 07G Open Sessions18/09/19, 01:51 pmmansc07g
DKSC 06G - Aranha17/09/19, 03:33 pmDKSCJA
Sting Austin16/09/19, 10:37 pmBig Ern
McKinney United 07G Open Spots Available 16/09/19, 09:51 pmmikecorich
McKinney United 07G Open Spots Available 16/09/19, 09:50 pmmikecorich
Classic League Div 1 Week 2 Predictions16/09/19, 05:20 pmCATX
FREE TRAINING SESSION FOR 2011 GIRLS - FRIDAY, SEP 2016/09/19, 01:25 pmmusaisaya
FREE TRAINING SESSION FOR 2010 GIRLS - FRIDAY, SEP 2016/09/19, 01:23 pmmusaisaya
07 DA 201916/09/19, 11:15 amCheckpoint Charlie
FCDY 09G West16/09/19, 09:22 amterps37
FCDY 08G West16/09/19, 09:21 amterps37
FC Dallas 12B West (Kang and Willett)16/09/19, 09:19 amterps37
FC Dallas 11B West16/09/19, 09:17 amterps37
Dallas Texans 2013G Mochel16/09/19, 08:08 amTexansMochel
03B Classic League15/09/19, 06:45 pmLongview
U.S. U20 MNT heads to Slovenia for games vs Croatia and UAE15/09/19, 12:21 amMajorTom
Renegades 2010G North - Blanton 14/09/19, 09:00 amtareyncarol
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Team Bye vs Club Bye - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 13582 registered users
The newest registered user is Kedrick

Our users have posted a total of 194262 messages in 27272 subjects

Team Bye vs Club Bye

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Team Bye vs Club Bye - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by NoSpinZone on 11/07/18, 11:38 am

Zizou wrote:
SoccerSuckers wrote:Development + byes = cash simple arithmetic.

You are starting to sound like the reincarnation of Medecine Man under a different name.

Hey...where did Meth Man go?

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 390
Join date : 2013-12-27

Back to top Go down

Team Bye vs Club Bye - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by BENDMEOVER on 11/07/18, 11:40 am

It's simple math. 1 + 1 = 2 The target market now is in essence the value to the parents and kids who still find value in a title.
BENDMEOVER
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 498
Points : 1043
Join date : 2018-06-10

Back to top Go down

Team Bye vs Club Bye - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by Lefty on 11/07/18, 11:49 am

Soccer_Mom_03 wrote:So, if everyone knows about it, how does it continue to happen? The other frustrating part is watching coaches care more about their pocketbook than growing their players’ skills and love the of the game. It seems the new philosophy is “let’s throw together a team (so I can get another paycheck) and who gives a flip how they end up doing as long as I have your contract and your money.”

Don't know that the philosophy is new.

It may have more to do with how the rules have changed over the last 10 years and they can be more open in their ways given the way the way the balance of power has shifted.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1110
Points : 4916
Join date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Team Bye vs Club Bye - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by Soccer_Mom_03 on 11/07/18, 12:09 pm

SoccerSuckers wrote:It's simple math. 1 + 1 = 2  The target market now is in essence the value to the parents and kids who still find value in a title.

Hey, as long as those “coaches” who know how to play the political game even has f they don’t know how to nor care to take the time to teach the actual game can grow their amount of teams, all is great in the soccer world!

Quantity outweighs quality nowadays...

Soccer_Mom_03
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 25
Points : 477
Join date : 2018-07-05

Back to top Go down

Team Bye vs Club Bye - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by Foxysoccermom on 11/07/18, 12:35 pm

Soccer_Mom_03 wrote:
SoccerSuckers wrote:It's simple math. 1 + 1 = 2  The target market now is in essence the value to the parents and kids who still find value in a title.

Hey, as long as those “coaches” who know how to play the political game even has f they don’t know how to nor care to take the time to teach the actual game can grow their amount of teams, all is great in the soccer world!

Quantity outweighs quality nowadays...

You are correct sister! Where have you been the last five years.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 713
Points : 1734
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Team Bye vs Club Bye - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by President Camacho on 11/07/18, 12:49 pm

NoSpinZone wrote:
Zizou wrote:
SoccerSuckers wrote:Development + byes = cash simple arithmetic.

You are starting to sound like the reincarnation of Medecine Man under a different name.

Hey...where did Meth Man go?

Shhhhhhh... It might be like Voldemort in Harry Potter. Saying his name gives him power and can bring him back.
President Camacho
President Camacho
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 132
Points : 873
Join date : 2017-10-20

Back to top Go down

Team Bye vs Club Bye - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by Guest on 11/07/18, 01:00 pm

Soccer_Mom_03 wrote:So, if everyone knows about it, how does it continue to happen? The other frustrating part is watching coaches care more about their pocketbook than growing their players’ skills and love the of the game. It seems the new philosophy is “let’s throw together a team (so I can get another paycheck) and who gives a flip how they end up doing as long as I have your contract and your money.”

Because Texans, FCD, Solar, Sting & Feet represent 2/3’s + of LHGCL’s annual revenue. 5 years ago (and maybe earlier than that) LHGCL caved in and starting writing rules that would favor their largest customers, to the detriment of the other 1/3 of the customers. The point that LHGCL misses is that those big clubs need LH’s just as much as LH’s needs them. Without LH’s clearing the path for them (CPP and Club keeps the bye) all those fake teams can’t exist. Without all those fake teams, the big clubs can’t afford to supplement their top teams and pay the large salaries to their top 2-3 Coaches. I consider $170,000 to be a pretty large salary for a youth soccer Coach. How do I know this for a fact? Because their tax filings with the IRS are public domain due to their status as a public charity. The short answer is, the leadership is ethically bankrupt.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Team Bye vs Club Bye - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by Foxysoccermom on 11/07/18, 01:20 pm

OLJW wrote:
Soccer_Mom_03 wrote:So, if everyone knows about it, how does it continue to happen? The other frustrating part is watching coaches care more about their pocketbook than growing their players’ skills and love the of the game. It seems the new philosophy is “let’s throw together a team (so I can get another paycheck) and who gives a flip how they end up doing as long as I have your contract and your money.”

Because Texans, FCD, Solar, Sting & Feet represent 2/3’s + of LHGCL’s annual revenue. 5 years ago (and maybe earlier than that) LHGCL caved in and starting writing rules that would favor their largest customers, to the detriment of the other 1/3 of the customers. The point that LHGCL misses is that those big clubs need LH’s just as much as LH’s needs them. Without LH’s clearing the path for them (CPP and Club keeps the bye) all those fake teams can’t exist. Without all those fake teams, the big clubs can’t afford to supplement their top teams and pay the large salaries to their top 2-3 Coaches. I consider $170,000 to be a pretty large salary for a youth soccer Coach. How do I know this for a fact? Because their tax filings with the IRS are public domain due to their status as a public charity. The short answer is, the leadership is ethically bankrupt.



What you talkin bout Willis? These clubs are for charity.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 713
Points : 1734
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Team Bye vs Club Bye - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by Soccer_Mom_03 on 11/07/18, 01:38 pm

I am just full of questions today.... how can this be fixed? Our family lucked out— we found a smaller club that has coaches that are there for the right reasons: teaching the game and developing players, and not just to make money. I wish more parents were more savvy of what was actually happening at their dd’s and wallet’s expenses.

Soccer_Mom_03
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 25
Points : 477
Join date : 2018-07-05

Back to top Go down

Team Bye vs Club Bye - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by BENDMEOVER on 11/07/18, 01:54 pm

For 6OK theres a special deal going on called Bye delight.

__________________________________________________
Everybody gets a trophy and wins.


https://youtu.be/W4XiSFyYRE8
BENDMEOVER
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 498
Points : 1043
Join date : 2018-06-10

Back to top Go down

Team Bye vs Club Bye - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by Zizou on 11/07/18, 01:57 pm

Each to his own opinion. I could say the same for other players that have had very successful campaigns with the larger clubs training with great coaches, talented players, and playing against the best talent within the state, region, and national levels. You would also be very surprised the cost of a very talented player usually is less than what you are paying.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2430
Points : 4680
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Team Bye vs Club Bye - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by Zizou on 11/07/18, 01:59 pm

SoccerSuckers wrote:For 6OK theres a special deal going on called Bye delight.

Oh shit, he is back.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2430
Points : 4680
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Team Bye vs Club Bye - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by Pele98 on 11/07/18, 02:38 pm

Soccer_Mom_03 wrote:I am just full of questions today.... how can this be fixed? Our family lucked out— we found a smaller club that has coaches that are there for the right reasons: teaching the game and developing players, and not just to make money. I wish more parents were more savvy of what was actually happening at their dd’s and wallet’s expenses.
Good, effective and personalized soccer on the cheap?  What a concept! You can patent that and make some good money.  But wait, then you will be going back to the same concept which has been around for years through out the national:  Making money on youth soccer.

There is a reason why the Big 5s have been around youth soccer for generations.
If you think you are getting a good deal on a small club soccer, then most likely you are getting exactly what you are paying for.
Pele98
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 624
Points : 4430
Join date : 2009-05-06
Location : Enjoying soccer........somewhere

Back to top Go down

Team Bye vs Club Bye - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by Soccer_Mom_03 on 11/07/18, 02:50 pm

We are getting what we paid for: quality coaching without having to worry about politics and kissing ass, and playing with other girls who have parents that are more concerned with their daughter’s growth as a player and happiness than a title that is holding less and less value.


Funny isn’t it—- America is the only country that the best youth pay to play? Ronaldo nor Rooney never paid to play in their youth.

Soccer_Mom_03
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 25
Points : 477
Join date : 2018-07-05

Back to top Go down

Team Bye vs Club Bye - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by Lefty on 11/07/18, 02:54 pm

Zizou wrote:Each to his own opinion. I could say the same for other players that have had very successful campaigns with the larger clubs training with great coaches, talented players, and playing against the best talent within the state, region, and national levels. You would also be very surprised the cost of a very talented player usually is less than what you are paying.

Not unlike a lot of other things.

The better you are, and the more an institution or business wants you and thinks you can benefit them, the more they will pay you, or discount their offerings:
. Compensation at work
. College tuition for academics
. College tuition for athletics


Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1110
Points : 4916
Join date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Team Bye vs Club Bye - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by BENDMEOVER on 11/07/18, 03:08 pm

Pick up the phone call we need ypu.

__________________________________________________
Everybody gets a trophy and wins.


https://youtu.be/W4XiSFyYRE8
BENDMEOVER
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 498
Points : 1043
Join date : 2018-06-10

Back to top Go down

Team Bye vs Club Bye - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by Soccer_Mom_03 on 11/07/18, 03:14 pm

SoccerSuckers wrote:Pick up the phone call we need ypu.

Who are you referring to?

Soccer_Mom_03
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 25
Points : 477
Join date : 2018-07-05

Back to top Go down

Team Bye vs Club Bye - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by Guest on 11/07/18, 03:59 pm

Soccer_Mom_03 wrote:
SoccerSuckers wrote:Pick up the phone call we need ypu.

Who are you referring to?

Himself. It depends which personality has control at any particular moment.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Team Bye vs Club Bye - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by BENDMEOVER on 11/07/18, 04:42 pm

It's a metaphorical statement. Run with it.

__________________________________________________
Everybody gets a trophy and wins.


https://youtu.be/W4XiSFyYRE8
BENDMEOVER
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 498
Points : 1043
Join date : 2018-06-10

Back to top Go down

Team Bye vs Club Bye - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by YoQuieroSoccer on 11/07/18, 05:34 pm

NoSpinZone wrote:
Zizou wrote:
SoccerSuckers wrote:Development + byes = cash simple arithmetic.

You are starting to sound like the reincarnation of Medecine Man under a different name.

Hey...where did Meth Man go?

SoccerSuckers = Medicine Man¿
YoQuieroSoccer
YoQuieroSoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 40
Points : 890
Join date : 2017-05-26
Location : Cloud9

Back to top Go down

Team Bye vs Club Bye - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by Big Ern on 11/07/18, 07:36 pm

Soccer_Mom_03 wrote:So, if everyone knows about it, how does it continue to happen? The other frustrating part is watching coaches care more about their pocketbook than growing their players’ skills and love the of the game. It seems the new philosophy is “let’s throw together a team (so I can get another paycheck) and who gives a flip how they end up doing as long as I have your contract and your money.”

03 Mommy,

If you believe a coach of one of your kids thinks this way, I hope like hell you are smart enough to remove her from that sitch --

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1094
Points : 2977
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Team Bye vs Club Bye - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by Big Ern on 11/07/18, 07:46 pm

SoccerSuckers wrote:Half the teams are illegally playing in LH it's a joke. No accountability no rules these days. It's all business wake up peeps. LH for some teams dont even qualify for recreational.

Genius!  Look at suckers ... Sittin' around, spreadin' knowledge --

Go on Son!

Neutral

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1094
Points : 2977
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Team Bye vs Club Bye - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by Big Ern on 11/07/18, 08:00 pm

Soccer_Mom_03 wrote:We are getting what we paid for: quality coaching without having to worry about politics and kissing ass, and playing with other girls who have parents that are more concerned with their daughter’s growth as a player and happiness than a title that is holding less and less value.


Funny isn’t it—- America is the only country that the best youth pay to play? Ronaldo nor Rooney never paid to play in their youth.

Certainly isn't funny 03 Mommy --

While it sounds like your kid is in a favorable spot, your contention about how things happen at the bigs (and how titles are viewed for that matter) is far from accurate ... Which is ok as it sounds like you're a bit of a newbie  Very Happy

And since you're so full'o questions today, I have one for ya just for grins ...

Why is it that you think that this is the case?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1094
Points : 2977
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Team Bye vs Club Bye - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by Soccer_Mom_03 on 11/07/18, 08:55 pm

Big Ern wrote:
Soccer_Mom_03 wrote:We are getting what we paid for: quality coaching without having to worry about politics and kissing ass, and playing with other girls who have parents that are more concerned with their daughter’s growth as a player and happiness than a title that is holding less and less value.


Funny isn’t it—- America is the only country that the best youth pay to play? Ronaldo nor Rooney never paid to play in their youth.

Certainly isn't funny 03 Mommy --

While it sounds like your kid is in a favorable spot, your contention about how things happen at the bigs (and how titles are viewed for that matter) is far from accurate ... Which is ok as it sounds like you're a bit of a newbie  Very Happy

And since you're so full'o questions today, I have one for ya just for grins ...

Why is it that you think that this is the case?


Honestly, I don’t know. What do you think the reason is? I do know that American soccer is far behind the rest of the world, at least on the men’s side, and the women are losing their head start. I also know that America's best are headed out of country to play in the EPL and the other foreign leagues amongst those who never paid to play.

BigErn, i’m Not saying that every coach from the big 5 is worried more about quantity than quality. I played for a big, and I had a great experience! However, (and this gives away my age) this was back before the club world was over saturated and any Joe Schmo could take a class and be considered a coach worth paying the big bucks to. I’m just saying for every great coach (and there are some fantastic coaches that deserve a lot of credit)that is with one of the big’s, there seems to be at least 4-5 that are there for a paycheck first, then the development of their players.

Soccer_Mom_03
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 25
Points : 477
Join date : 2018-07-05

Back to top Go down

Team Bye vs Club Bye - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by BENDMEOVER on 12/07/18, 06:09 am

When leagues start awarding by merit and not by a paycheck then soccer might be a real sport again. Right now it's just a beauty contest.

__________________________________________________
Everybody gets a trophy and wins.


https://youtu.be/W4XiSFyYRE8
BENDMEOVER
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 498
Points : 1043
Join date : 2018-06-10

Back to top Go down

Team Bye vs Club Bye - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by MurderWasTheCase on 12/07/18, 09:25 am

Good news U90C has a new league this season that will hopefully change the landscape Laughing

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 217
Points : 757
Join date : 2018-05-19

Back to top Go down

Team Bye vs Club Bye - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum