Latest topics
And it begins...Yesterday at 07:19 pmSoccerSuckers
TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMSYesterday at 05:35 pmSeed
10 Girls Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Yesterday at 02:41 pmU90C
08 Girls Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Yesterday at 01:49 pmU90C
TOURNAMENT: THE ROCK - AUSTIN - Nov. 9-11, 2018Yesterday at 11:47 amU90C
09 Girls Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)Yesterday at 11:46 amU90C
2018 America's Red, White & Blue CupYesterday at 08:50 amLiverpool Tournaments
Here were go again - Games Cancellation24/09/18, 08:07 pmMurderWasTheCase
Defunct Club?24/09/18, 03:42 pmSoccerSuckers
07 Boys Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)24/09/18, 01:49 pmU90C
08 Boys Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)24/09/18, 01:48 pmU90C
09 Boys Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)24/09/18, 01:47 pmU90C
Liverpool 09 Flynn 24/09/18, 01:42 pmLP_Elite
FALL '18 - SPRING '19 CLASSIC LEAGUE KICK-OFF by Gameday24/09/18, 11:32 amGameday 04 New
06 Boys Teams - Round Rock Open (Dec. 7-9)24/09/18, 10:06 amU90C
05 Girls Teams - LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP (Nov. 16-18)24/09/18, 10:04 amU90C
13 Girls Teams - Veteran Heroes Cup (Nov. 9-11)24/09/18, 10:04 amU90C
Solar 11g Barnes Open practices24/09/18, 09:19 amSportsmanship
Solar Mattice 09B - Soccer Opportunities24/09/18, 09:03 amkmattice
Team DQ'ed from Lake Highlands D323/09/18, 10:25 pmcoachdom23
Crazyfeet 06/07 Girls - Looking for players23/09/18, 09:55 amsoccaloco
Crazyfeet 06/07 Girls - Looking for players23/09/18, 09:55 amsoccaloco
FREE Liverpool Street Soccer - FRIDAY NIGHTS - Two Locations23/09/18, 08:04 amSoccerSuckers
U12 DA Landscape22/09/18, 11:32 pmfactsmatter
Week 1 in D122/09/18, 09:09 amTexanDad37
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Statistics
We have 12668 registered users
The newest registered user is DRFC Academy

Our users have posted a total of 182090 messages in 24173 subjects

Team Bye vs Club Bye

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by Lefty on 13/07/18, 10:11 am

Big Ern wrote:
Soccer_Mom_03 wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
Soccer_Mom_03 wrote:We are getting what we paid for: quality coaching without having to worry about politics and kissing ass, and playing with other girls who have parents that are more concerned with their daughter’s growth as a player and happiness than a title that is holding less and less value.


Funny isn’t it—- America is the only country that the best youth pay to play? Ronaldo nor Rooney never paid to play in their youth.

Certainly isn't funny 03 Mommy --

While it sounds like your kid is in a favorable spot, your contention about how things happen at the bigs (and how titles are viewed for that matter) is far from accurate ... Which is ok as it sounds like you're a bit of a newbie  Very Happy

And since you're so full'o questions today, I have one for ya just for grins ...

Why is it that you think that this is the case?


Honestly, I don’t know. What do you think the reason is? I do know that American soccer is far behind the rest of the world, at least on the men’s side, and the women are losing their head start. I also know that America's best are headed out of country to play in the EPL and the other foreign leagues amongst those who never paid to play.

BigErn, i’m Not saying that every coach from the big 5 is worried more about quantity than quality. I played for a big, and I had a great experience! However, (and this gives away my age) this was back before the club world was over saturated and any Joe Schmo could take a class and be considered a coach worth paying the big bucks to. I’m just saying for every great coach (and there are some fantastic coaches that deserve a lot of credit)that is with one of the big’s, there seems to be at least 4-5 that are there for a paycheck first, then the development of their players.

Herein lies the problem ... Been my contention from the beginning.  Too many kids playing club soccer, most of which are decisions made by overzealous parents.

And, in my opinion, the answer likely has much to do with the fact that the MLS is not the NFL nor the NBA.  The big YourApeeIn and South American clubs have the media $ in those parts of the world ... Because of this, there isn't need to generate income from the youth side as they can easily pay elite coaches to train those kids.

As a experienced soccer parent (child playing in Europe) once told me.

Good - that the US is trying to adopt some of the rest of the world development structures and approaches.  Club player pool structures vs team structures & fluidity of player movement between teams at club discretion, more training, less games, etc.

Challenge - US trying to do it in a model where the cash flows the reverse direction relative to the rest of the world.  

Pay to Play in US vs Pay the Players in the rest of world the establishes the players and an parents as CUSTOMERS rather than as EMPLOYEES and customers generally do not take well to being treated like an employee.

On a side note, not sure how your reference to NBA or NFL applies?  

What youth (age 8-18) development in basketball or football do they fund/subsidize?


Last edited by Lefty on 13/07/18, 10:36 am; edited 2 times in total

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1043
Join date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by SoccerSuckers on 13/07/18, 10:29 am

Bobby Big Business Bouchee likes his cha ching.

__________________________________________________
https://youtu.be/p-T6aaRV9HY
avatar
SoccerSuckers
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 160
Points : 277
Join date : 2018-06-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by 5050Ball on 13/07/18, 10:48 am

Lefty wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
Soccer_Mom_03 wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
Soccer_Mom_03 wrote:We are getting what we paid for: quality coaching without having to worry about politics and kissing ass, and playing with other girls who have parents that are more concerned with their daughter’s growth as a player and happiness than a title that is holding less and less value.


Funny isn’t it—- America is the only country that the best youth pay to play? Ronaldo nor Rooney never paid to play in their youth.

Certainly isn't funny 03 Mommy --

While it sounds like your kid is in a favorable spot, your contention about how things happen at the bigs (and how titles are viewed for that matter) is far from accurate ... Which is ok as it sounds like you're a bit of a newbie  Very Happy

And since you're so full'o questions today, I have one for ya just for grins ...

Why is it that you think that this is the case?


Honestly, I don’t know. What do you think the reason is? I do know that American soccer is far behind the rest of the world, at least on the men’s side, and the women are losing their head start. I also know that America's best are headed out of country to play in the EPL and the other foreign leagues amongst those who never paid to play.

BigErn, i’m Not saying that every coach from the big 5 is worried more about quantity than quality. I played for a big, and I had a great experience! However, (and this gives away my age) this was back before the club world was over saturated and any Joe Schmo could take a class and be considered a coach worth paying the big bucks to. I’m just saying for every great coach (and there are some fantastic coaches that deserve a lot of credit)that is with one of the big’s, there seems to be at least 4-5 that are there for a paycheck first, then the development of their players.

Herein lies the problem ... Been my contention from the beginning.  Too many kids playing club soccer, most of which are decisions made by overzealous parents.

And, in my opinion, the answer likely has much to do with the fact that the MLS is not the NFL nor the NBA.  The big YourApeeIn and South American clubs have the media $ in those parts of the world ... Because of this, there isn't need to generate income from the youth side as they can easily pay elite coaches to train those kids.

As a experienced soccer parent (child playing in Europe) once told me.

Good - that the US is trying to adopt some of the rest of the world development structures and approaches.  Club player pool structures vs team structures & fluidity of player movement between teams at club discretion, more training, less games, etc.

Challenge - US trying to do it in a model where the cash flows the reverse direction relative to the rest of the world.  

Pay to Play in US vs Pay the Players in the rest of world the establishes the players and an parents as CUSTOMERS rather than as EMPLOYEES and customers generally do not take well to being treated like an employee.

On a side note, not sure how your reference to NBA or NFL applies?  

What youth (age 8-18) development in basketball or football do they fund/subsidize?

The NBA does not fund it but no top level AAU kid pays a dime. The shoe companies handle that. Not sure about football.
avatar
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 211
Points : 1425
Join date : 2015-06-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by MurderWasTheCase on 13/07/18, 11:37 am

The problem isn't pay to play, the problem is the piss poor level of coaches we have in this country. Not to mention the low level of understating from parents.

There I said it

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 130
Points : 277
Join date : 2018-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by Zizou on 13/07/18, 12:11 pm

Yes, definitely a lot of both.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2322
Points : 4198
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by Lefty on 13/07/18, 12:20 pm

The latter allows the former to survive and thrive in a pay to play model.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1043
Points : 4484
Join date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by MurderWasTheCase on 13/07/18, 12:44 pm

Lefty wrote:The latter allows the former to survive and thrive in a pay to play model.

Absolutely right, uneducated customers = fat wallets with little effort. Reminds me of a coach at FCD that just let the kids practice long ball passing to one another and then scrimmage for an hour. Literally that was the entire practice.

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 130
Points : 277
Join date : 2018-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by SickofStupidity on 13/07/18, 01:55 pm

MurderWasTheCase wrote:
Lefty wrote:The latter allows the former to survive and thrive in a pay to play model.

Absolutely right, uneducated customers = fat wallets with little effort.  Reminds me of a coach at FCD that just let the kids practice long ball passing to one another and then scrimmage for an hour.  Literally that was the entire practice.  


The club was making money - why would they care?

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 880
Points : 2483
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by MurderWasTheCase on 13/07/18, 02:29 pm

Club should care as parents get educated they will seek better service.

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 130
Points : 277
Join date : 2018-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by Lefty on 13/07/18, 02:42 pm

MurderWasTheCase wrote:Club should care as parents get educated they will seek better service.  

Where?

Last I knew costs were generally the same everywhere (clubs & levels) unless your child is very good then it is free.

Is it any cheaper to play at the lowest division in the lowest league vs ECNL, other than travel?

Are the coaching fees charged significantly less for the lowest division in the lowest league vs ECNL either within a club or across clubs?

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1043
Points : 4484
Join date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by MurderWasTheCase on 13/07/18, 02:54 pm

Where? Good point, most coaching in NTX is terrible so were stuck. At minimum we can make it somewhat tolerable.

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 130
Points : 277
Join date : 2018-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by SoccerSuckers on 13/07/18, 02:59 pm

Big Business runs NTX soccer real soccer is played outside these parts ask Bobby Bouchee he is the legend.

__________________________________________________
https://youtu.be/p-T6aaRV9HY
avatar
SoccerSuckers
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 160
Points : 277
Join date : 2018-06-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by Lefty on 13/07/18, 03:01 pm

MurderWasTheCase wrote:Where?  Good point, most coaching in NTX is terrible so were stuck.  At minimum we can make it somewhat tolerable.  

Can't disagree, but who can blame the clubs and 'coaches' for taking the easy money from the parents?


Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1043
Points : 4484
Join date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by Soccer_Mom_03 on 13/07/18, 03:07 pm

Lefty wrote:
MurderWasTheCase wrote:Club should care as parents get educated they will seek better service.  

Where?

Last I knew costs were generally the same everywhere (clubs & levels) unless your child is very good then it is free.

Is it any cheaper to play at the lowest division in the lowest league vs ECNL, other than travel?

Are the coaching fees charged significantly less for the lowest division in the lowest league vs ECNL either within a club or across clubs?

Have you checked any of the smaller clubs? They typically are cheaper. From what I have seen, the main reason some of these clubs don’t do as well is title/name hungry parents don’t even give non-big 5 clubs a chance. Quite a few of the smaller clubs have been started by ex-big club coaches that got to be done with the politics of the big clubs. Thus they can coach quality without having to worry about playing the political gambit.

Soccer_Mom_03
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 22
Points : 108
Join date : 2018-07-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by Soccer_Mom_03 on 13/07/18, 03:22 pm

I know it’s not as fun to post “watching Little Susie at her (insert small club name) game” as it is to post “watching Little Susie at her FCD or Solar game” on social media, but it is a lot more fun watching your dd actually get better on the field with the bonus of having little bit of extra bread in the wallet.

Soccer_Mom_03
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 22
Points : 108
Join date : 2018-07-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by MurderWasTheCase on 13/07/18, 03:39 pm

Soccer_Mom_03 wrote:I know it’s not as fun to post “watching Little Susie at her (insert small club name) game” as it is to post “watching Little Susie at her FCD or Solar game” on social media, but it is a lot more fun watching your dd actually get better on the field with the bonus of having little bit of extra bread in the wallet.

Agreed when the coaching is actually better at some smaller clubs.

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 130
Points : 277
Join date : 2018-05-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by Zizou on 13/07/18, 03:47 pm

The good coaches have the top talent standing in line to play for them. The competition to get on those teams with great coaches is very high. Your DD can play she will then be given the opportunity to work with these coaches.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2322
Points : 4198
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by Lefty on 13/07/18, 03:57 pm

What % cheaper are these smaller clubs?
25%
50%

Do they tier the coaching cost by league division or do they just offer a relatively small discount due to lack of brand name and facilities?

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1043
Points : 4484
Join date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by brazos on 13/07/18, 04:03 pm

Soccer_Mom_03 wrote:I know it’s not as fun to post “watching Little Susie at her (insert small club name) game” as it is to post “watching Little Susie at her FCD or Solar game” on social media, but it is a lot more fun watching your dd actually get better on the field with the bonus of having little bit of extra bread in the wallet.

The one consistent message you will see on this site is to find a place where your DD is happy and you see (with the right perspective) that she is being challenged and improving. It doesn't matter the name on the jersey or the league she plays in.

There is no one high level of soccer in the U.S. at this time. MLS, NWSL, College? The top kids have not all gone to DA, ECNL or any one specific place. There is no consolidation of talent. There are exceptional players at each and every level in North Texas. Imagine if you could truly pool those players into one club/team. But I don't see any reason for them to make that jump at this time. Soccer is a minor sport in this country.

The end goal for many of these kids is to continue playing past High School into college and you have another large contingent that just want to play competitive soccer and have fun. You do not have to play on a DA or ECNL team to meet those goals. It all comes back to what is and should continue to be #1 priority...academics! As the college commercial says, these kids are going professional in something other than their sport.

brazos
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 31
Points : 303
Join date : 2017-12-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by Zizou on 13/07/18, 04:06 pm

I have a list of who I think has done a good job from our select experience but that would be just my opinion from who my DD has worked with. Okay her it is:

John Patterson Texans
Micheal Powers Andeomeda/Solar
Brian Flanagan Sting
Adrian Solca/Solar
Derek Missimo/Solar
Marsial/ Solar
God I hate to say it and f you can stomach his coaching style Tatu Pecarrari / Sting

My opinion:

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2322
Points : 4198
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by 5050Ball on 13/07/18, 04:12 pm

Big, bad meanies! This forum will always provide laughs on a slow Friday afternoon.

Have had 4 dd's play with 6 different clubs and 11 head coaches. Trained with countless others over the years.

Apparently, NTX club soccer is infested with incompetent, money-grubbing, unethical coaches at every turn.

I'm still trying to figure out how we missed playing for one of them..... scratch





avatar
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 211
Points : 1425
Join date : 2015-06-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by Zizou on 13/07/18, 04:12 pm

brazos wrote:
Soccer_Mom_03 wrote:I know it’s not as fun to post “watching Little Susie at her (insert small club name) game” as it is to post “watching Little Susie at her FCD or Solar game” on social media, but it is a lot more fun watching your dd actually get better on the field with the bonus of having little bit of extra bread in the wallet.

The one consistent message you will see on this site is to find a place where your DD is happy and you see (with the right perspective) that she is being challenged and improving. It doesn't matter the name on the jersey or the league she plays in.  

There is no one high level of soccer in the U.S. at this time. MLS, NWSL, College? The top kids have not all gone to DA, ECNL or any one specific place. There is no consolidation of talent. There are exceptional players at each and every level in North Texas. Imagine if you could truly pool those players into one club/team. But I don't see any reason for them to make that jump at this time. Soccer is a minor sport in this country.

The end goal for many of these kids is to continue playing past High School into college and you have another large contingent that just want to play competitive soccer and have fun. You do not have to play on a DA or ECNL team to meet those goals. It all comes back to what is and should continue to be #1 priority...academics! As the college commercial says, these kids are going professional in something other than their sport.

A college education for most of these players is a given. Their are some pretty smart young ladies out their playing at a very high level. I was once told by some wise old man that this would be some of the best soccer your DD will ever play. Get out their and make the most of whatever it is she can do.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2322
Points : 4198
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by Lefty on 13/07/18, 04:34 pm

No doubt there are some sharp ones out there playing at a high level. Last team one of my DD's played on ended up with 2 doctors a vet and 2 MBA's.

Of course none of them were forwards.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1043
Points : 4484
Join date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by SoccerSuckers on 13/07/18, 04:54 pm

Cha Ching!

__________________________________________________
https://youtu.be/p-T6aaRV9HY
avatar
SoccerSuckers
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 160
Points : 277
Join date : 2018-06-10

Back to top Go down

Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by Soccer_Mom_03 on 13/07/18, 05:22 pm

Lefty wrote:What % cheaper are these smaller clubs?
25%
50%

Do they tier the coaching cost by league division or do they just offer a relatively small discount due to lack of brand name and facilities?

I know of a couple that are between 25-50% cheaper, and they practice at facilities just as nice as some of the biggers. The only difference is that they have to share with other teams. I don’t think they tier based on the level.

Soccer_Mom_03
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 22
Points : 108
Join date : 2018-07-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Team Bye vs Club Bye

Post by jogobonito06 on 13/07/18, 06:09 pm

Soccer_Mom_03 wrote:
Lefty wrote:What % cheaper are these smaller clubs?
25%
50%

Do they tier the coaching cost by league division or do they just offer a relatively small discount due to lack of brand name and facilities?

I know of a couple that are between 25-50% cheaper, and they practice at facilities just as nice as some of the biggers. The only difference is that they have to share with other teams. I don’t think they tier based on the level.

Please do the soccer world a favor and name names
Thanks
avatar
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 338
Points : 1785
Join date : 2014-10-30

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum