Latest topics
US Women's Soccer decline vs rest of the world... Today at 11:08 pmRightWingDad
The Best Skills CoachesToday at 10:33 pmkickinit23
TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNLToday at 10:16 pmPelepelepele
FBR09 Rankings June 20th, 2018Today at 09:48 pmEddyinmyyeti
12 Boys Teams - U90C LABOR DAY OPEN (Aug 31st-Sept 3)Today at 09:40 pmU90C
11 Boys Teams - U90C LABOR DAY OPEN (Aug 31st-Sept 3)Today at 09:38 pmU90C
10 Boys Teams - U90C LABOR DAY OPEN (Aug 31st-Sept 3)Today at 07:18 pmU90C
04 Girls Teams - U90C LABOR DAY OPEN (Aug 31st-Sept 3)Today at 07:16 pmU90C
12 Girls Teams - U90C LABOR DAY OPEN (Aug 31st-Sept 3)Today at 07:15 pmU90C
08 Girls Teams - U90C LABOR DAY OPEN (Aug 31st-Sept 3)Today at 07:14 pmU90C
07 Girls Teams - U90C LABOR DAY OPEN (Aug 31st-Sept 3)Today at 07:13 pmU90C
07 Boys Teams - U90C LABOR DAY OPEN (Aug 31st-Sept 3)Today at 12:29 pmU90C
09 Boys Teams - U90C LABOR DAY OPEN (Aug 31st-Sept 3)Today at 12:28 pmU90C
08 Boys Teams - U90C LABOR DAY OPEN (Aug 31st-Sept 3)Today at 12:25 pmU90C
05 Girls Teams - U90C LABOR DAY OPEN (Aug 31st-Sept 3)Today at 12:16 pmU90C
ANY PREDICTIONSToday at 11:38 amSwitchfoot
Inter United FC 2010 Boys (Bradford) Today at 10:11 amInterUnitedFC
Just a observation....Today at 07:10 am07 boys soccer
where is everyone playing this seasonYesterday at 11:40 pmProphAC
THIS... IS FOOTBALL. Yesterday at 10:30 pmSoccerToneloc
FALL '18 - SPRING '19 CLASSIC LEAGUE KICK-OFF by GamedayYesterday at 08:44 pmGameday 04 New
Speed & Agility Training in PlanoYesterday at 04:37 pmPARADIGM
09 Girls Teams - U90C LABOR DAY OPEN (Aug 31st-Sept 3)Yesterday at 03:46 pmU90C
10 Girls Teams - U90C LABOR DAY OPEN (Aug 31st-Sept 3)Yesterday at 11:13 amU90C
Is there an acronym list somewhere!Yesterday at 09:52 amMansfieldmom
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Statistics
We have 12581 registered users
The newest registered user is Sbloodwo

Our users have posted a total of 180956 messages in 24020 subjects

Who gets into LH?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who gets into LH?

Post by alreadyonyellow on 19/07/18, 04:39 pm

16 teams for four spots. A lot of these teams did not go to QT last year. Who looks good?

Celtic FC 07G Fogle
D'Feeters 07 Angell
Dallas Texans 07 Girls Red
Dallas Texans 07G Red West
Drifters FC 07G
Falls Town FC 07G Punisher
FC Dallas ETX '07-Venom
FC Dallas Youth 07G Blue
Fever United 07 Girls Vega
Fort Worth FC 07G White
Mesquite SC 07G
Solar East 07G Contreras (F:07GMutinyBLK)
Sting 07 Doyle (F:Dallas 07 Doyle)
Sting West 07 Heinz
Texas Spirit 07 Clark
Texas Spurs FC 07G

alreadyonyellow
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 1
Points : 34
Join date : 2018-07-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Who gets into LH?

Post by Foxysoccermom on 19/07/18, 09:32 pm

Put Foxy down for:

Feet
Tx Spirit
FWFC

Long shot picks:

Those West TX Drifters, because those West TX kids are big mean and don't know how da play clean.

Along the same lines, if that FCD is a kitty kat team lets go with them to break some bones too.

Be sure to share these picks with the kids so they know what they're fighting for.

avatar
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 558
Points : 1154
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Who gets into LH?

Post by 7WhiskeyPapa on 20/07/18, 12:11 am

Foxysoccermom wrote:Put Foxy down for:

Feet
Tx Spirit
FWFC

Long shot picks:

Those West TX Drifters, because those West TX kids are big mean and don't know how da play clean.

Along the same lines, if that FCD is a kitty kat team lets go with them to break some bones too.

Be sure to share these picks with the kids so they know what they're fighting for.



I'd suggest most of your picks are long-shot picks. I'd go with Sting Heinz; Spurs; one of the Texans teams and maybe Ft. Worth FC White.

7WhiskeyPapa
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 50
Points : 445
Join date : 2017-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Who gets into LH?

Post by soccersoccer2000 on 20/07/18, 08:43 am

Fort Worth FC 07G White
Texas Spurs FC 07G

soccersoccer2000
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 16
Points : 176
Join date : 2018-03-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Who gets into LH?

Post by centre on 20/07/18, 09:19 am

I'll go Punisher, Heinz, FWFC, and FCD-ETX Venom.

centre
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 30
Points : 1128
Join date : 2015-08-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Who gets into LH?

Post by boflc on 20/07/18, 10:33 am

Fort Worth FC 07G White
FC Dallas ETX '07-Venom
Sting West 07 Heinz
Texas Spurs FC 07G

boflc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 41
Points : 1222
Join date : 2015-05-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Who gets into LH?

Post by stellablue on 20/07/18, 11:30 am

I am really hoping that one of Foxy's long shots makes it this year, but if I were betting, I would go with:

Dallas Texans 07G Red West
FC Dallas ETX '07-Venom
Fort Worth FC 07G White
Sting West 07 Heinz

I don't know enough about Falls Town FC 07G Punisher, but could be a strong contender.

Relegated teams traditionally have a tough time making it back, but one of these two has a shot.
Texas Spurs FC 07G
Sting 07 Doyle (F:Dallas 07 Doyle)


avatar
stellablue
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 19
Points : 479
Join date : 2017-05-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Who gets into LH?

Post by 7WhiskeyPapa on 20/07/18, 11:16 pm

boflc wrote:Fort Worth FC 07G White
FC Dallas ETX '07-Venom
Sting West 07 Heinz
Texas Spurs FC 07G

Not sure how they came up with these brackets, but 3 of your 4 picks are all in one bracket -- and your picks weren't crazy. According to one prominent ranking, this bracket has the 2nd (Heinz), 3rd (Venom), and 5th (Spurs) best teams in the entire 07 tournament.

Meanwhile, Ft Worth FC gets the 6th, 8th, and 16th best.

And Mesquite gets a free pass -- playing nobody in the top half of the tournament.

7WhiskeyPapa
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 50
Points : 445
Join date : 2017-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Who gets into LH?

Post by boflc on 21/07/18, 12:23 pm

7WhiskeyPapa wrote:
boflc wrote:Fort Worth FC 07G White
FC Dallas ETX '07-Venom
Sting West 07 Heinz
Texas Spurs FC 07G

Not sure how they came up with these brackets, but 3 of your 4 picks are all in one bracket -- and your picks weren't crazy.  According to one prominent ranking, this bracket has the 2nd (Heinz), 3rd (Venom), and 5th (Spurs) best teams in the entire 07 tournament.

Meanwhile, Ft Worth FC gets the 6th, 8th, and 16th best.

And Mesquite gets a free pass -- playing nobody in the top half of the tournament.

the seeding is nuts, no parity.

boflc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 41
Points : 1222
Join date : 2015-05-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Who gets into LH?

Post by boflc on 21/07/18, 01:15 pm

well, at the manager's meeting they could have argued their cases i guess. still doesn't make sense.

with these numbers, top two teams from each bracket move to week 2, top 2 of each of week 2's brackets will make d3.


bracket a: 2 teams that don't have history on youthsoccerrankings (fever & falls town). as such, i can't even guess here.
bracket b: unfair to say the least. i'd say heinz and venom, shame for spurs.
bracket c: mesquite and.. dt red west.
bracket d: fwfc and doyle (doyle and spurs were my bubble fourth teams to make d3)

as it is, LH thinks that falls town is the #1 team (assuming snaking starting in bracket a). the team has only played in tut (unless they had another gotsoccer history?). vega, with no history at all, is ranked last.

beyond that, they sort of got the bottom half of the rankins right but completely blew the pooch on heinz, venom which caused spurs, doyle, fwfc to be mis-bracketed.

oh well.


boflc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 41
Points : 1222
Join date : 2015-05-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Who gets into LH?

Post by 7WhiskeyPapa on 21/07/18, 02:03 pm

boflc wrote:well, at the manager's meeting they could have argued their cases i guess.  still doesn't make sense.

with these numbers, top two teams from each bracket move to week 2, top 2 of each of week 2's brackets will make d3.


bracket a: 2 teams that don't have history on youthsoccerrankings (fever & falls town).  as such, i can't even guess here.
bracket b: unfair to say the least.  i'd say heinz and venom, shame for spurs.
bracket c: mesquite and.. dt red west.
bracket d: fwfc and doyle (doyle and spurs were my bubble fourth teams to make d3)

as it is, LH thinks that falls town is the #1 team (assuming snaking starting in bracket a).  the team has only played in tut (unless they had another gotsoccer history?).  vega, with no history at all, is ranked last.

beyond that, they sort of got the bottom half of the rankins right but completely blew the pooch on heinz, venom which caused spurs, doyle, fwfc to be mis-bracketed.

oh well.


I don't think they even got the bottom right -- assuming a snake from Bracket A. Under that scenario, heinz is ranked 2 and Venom is ranked 7, but then Spurs are ranked 10th. There is no way Spurs are 10th seed out of that bunch and no way Venom is 7 seed. It would put Spurs on level with Angell or Texas Spirit.

It is a shame because one of the three teams -- Heinz, Venom, Spurs -- is going to miss out on round 2 due to an administrative error.

7WhiskeyPapa
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 50
Points : 445
Join date : 2017-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Who gets into LH?

Post by TxFutbal on 21/07/18, 02:57 pm

if i read this right it looks like Falls Town got the #1, Spurs #2, Mesquite #3 and Doyle #4. If they snake it back it means Fever #16, FC Blue #15, TX Spirit #14, Solar East #13. Can't tell how they mixed up #5 thru #12 but it appears both venom and heinz ended up in the dreadful middle of the snake. It's the teams in the middle that have to fight their way to relevance.

I would agree that appears Spurs / Heinz / Venom are gonna have to fight the most.. But judging by how they are clustered in youth soccer and the fact not one of the teams beat up on anyone substantial, the brackets might be justified.

This means Falls Town is an existing team that either moved clubs or blew up and became something else. There is no scenario I have ever seen where LH gives Falls Town a #1 seed without history.

Youth Soccer rankings has Heinz, Venom, Mesquite and Spurs ranked less than 1 goal differential between the 4 and clustered tightly between 25-35 in the rankings. Venom and Heinz must make up the middle of the snake somewhere.

I wouldn't put much weight into GotSoccer rankings. The youth soccer rankings are a better depiction of where the teams rank.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 380
Points : 1112
Join date : 2016-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Who gets into LH?

Post by DeltaTauChi on 21/07/18, 04:29 pm

If you click on the "results" icon on Got Soccer, it lists the seeding within each bracket and you can figure out the overall seeding by applying simple serpentine logic. Bracket A Seed 1 is top overall seed. Bracket D Seed 1 is 4th overall seed, Bracket D Seed 2 is 5th overall seed, Bracket A Seed 2 is 8th overall seed, etc.

Based on this, Heinz was #7 seed and Venom #10 seed.

__________________________________________________
Bluto's right.  Psychotic, but absolutely right.
avatar
DeltaTauChi
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 238
Points : 468
Join date : 2018-01-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Who gets into LH?

Post by centre on 21/07/18, 05:42 pm

From youthsoccer before the +/- in the QT due to heat, nerves, vacations, parents, etc.

A
Punisher 27.24
Drifters 24.66
Fever Vega (new)
Celtic Fogle 25.43

B
FCD Venom 26.26
FCD Blue 21.47
Sting Heinz 26.45
Spurs 25.52

C
Mesquite 25.66
Feet-Angel 24.08
TXNS Red West 25.21
Spirit Clark 23.24

D
TXNS Red Dallas 25.00
FW FC 26.90
Solar East Contreras 22.82
Sting Doyle 25.50
---

A: Punisher is LP Alonso minus two starters but with a coaching upgrade and some good new pieces. Fever Vega is an Odessa team with an experienced coach who may challenge to advance out of that group. Celtic is in there, and Drifters wouldn't be in this if they hadn't added. This may be a competitive group.

B: You would expect to see this sort of congestion on the first turn (Group D). If the Spurs want back into LH, they'll have to get past two teams a nose ahead of them. The goal differential from this group may turn out to be unkind.

C: This the tightest cluster, relatively speaking. There are no presumptive max-out games in this group that teams look for getting into the second weekend.

D: 7Whiskey, I think this sets up well for FW FC. They're on a good run and could into week 2 with the top seed. There looks to be a good battle for the second spot coming out of that group.

centre
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 30
Points : 1128
Join date : 2015-08-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Who gets into LH?

Post by 7WhiskeyPapa on 21/07/18, 06:19 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:If you click on the "results" icon on Got Soccer, it lists the seeding within each bracket and you can figure out the overall seeding by applying simple serpentine logic.  Bracket A Seed 1 is top overall seed.  Bracket D Seed 1 is 4th overall seed, Bracket D Seed 2 is 5th overall seed, Bracket A Seed 2 is 8th overall seed, etc.

Based on this, Heinz was #7 seed and Venom #10 seed.

I hadn't thought of Spurs being the top seed in the bracket. That helps cause issues down the line by pushing others back. But, Heinz isn't a 7 seed and Venom isn't a 10 -- considering Angell is the 11 seed. A simple adjustment of switching Angell and Venom would have gone a long way to even out the brackets, in my opinion. But, if you can't beat the best trying to get in, you maybe shouldn't be there anyway!!

I'm taking Falls Town to win and Fogle runner up in Bracket A.

Heinz to win B and Spurs to get 2nd on a tiebreaker

Mesquite and Texans in an uneventful Bracket C

FTWFC to win Bracket D with Texans taking 2nd.

7WhiskeyPapa
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 50
Points : 445
Join date : 2017-07-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Who gets into LH?

Post by stellablue on 23/07/18, 10:34 am

Why are there 5 slots open now instead of 4 for 07 age group?
avatar
stellablue
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 19
Points : 479
Join date : 2017-05-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Who gets into LH?

Post by ForReal on 23/07/18, 11:17 am

stellablue wrote:Why are there 5 slots open now instead of 4 for 07 age group?

Did Solar Gonzalez implode?

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 533
Points : 2841
Join date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Who gets into LH?

Post by Treinador3 on 23/07/18, 11:37 am

Centre says Punisher is LP Alonso minus a couple, but Punisher is in QT?

Don't know about Gonzalez, but Barnett folded.

Treinador3
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 62
Points : 715
Join date : 2016-11-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Who gets into LH?

Post by centre on 23/07/18, 12:33 pm

Punisher didn't keep 75%, so the bye went back to LP. They had four 07 teams. Alonso blew up. The second was -30 something in QT last year and blew up. They had two mid-table Plano D2 teams, and one of those went to Solar. I don't see the LH committee letting the club give that D2 bye to the remaining LP team.

Gonzalez seemed to be intact in late May. If they folded, I can see the club giving Gonzo's D3 bye to Solar Katic (F: FCD East-Katic)(who didn't have the 75% to keep their bye).

I didn't know Barnett's group folded. That's too bad. They were a nice side.

centre
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 30
Points : 1128
Join date : 2015-08-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Who gets into LH?

Post by boflc on 23/07/18, 12:56 pm

Bye Retention per the LHGCL Rules, 2.a.2:
If 50 percent of the players on a team (based on the roster as of April 1 of the previous soccer year, rounding fractions up to the next whole number, are not retained by the team applying for a bye, the league bye will remain with the club however the Division placement in the league will be determined by the LHGCL Executive Board or designated board committee.

2.a.1. outlines a team taking a bye with them, but doesn't apply here.

I read that as LP (Alonso) retains a LH Bye -- but LH can place them in whatever division they so choose (e.g. D3).

Ditto would actually go for Solar (Barnett) and FCD (Katic).

That is, if the clubs actually want to retain a LH bye.

Re: Gonzalez: I've heard they've blown up as well; the remaining girls [from Llamas I believe] are joining Katic's group and using the Gonzalez bye.

Putting this together, Solar should have one D1/D2/D3 bye to hand out [if 75% of Adames didn't stick, that's the obvious replacement.. but then that opens up DT for a bye], LP a D2/D3 (subject to LH).  Then, FCD should have a D3 bye to hand out.

That said, if there is a 5th D3 spot available for LHQT... one of the clubs is vacating the bye.  ... or my interpretation of the league rules is incorrect.

boflc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 41
Points : 1222
Join date : 2015-05-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Who gets into LH?

Post by boflc on 23/07/18, 01:07 pm

For reference: LHGCL Rules

boflc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 41
Points : 1222
Join date : 2015-05-31

Back to top Go down

Re: Who gets into LH?

Post by centre on 23/07/18, 01:30 pm

boflc wrote:That said, if there is a 5th D3 spot available for LHQT... one of the clubs is vacating the bye.  ... or my interpretation of the league rules is incorrect.

Your interpretation is not incorrect, but the league still retains some discretion as to honoring a club's bye. Typically, a bye is used by teams to attract replacement players or clubs to attract entire teams that are suitable for that level. But, if a club tries to give a bye to a team that is unsuited for play at a particular level (as determined by LH in reviewing that team's roster), LH can simply have the bye revert back to the league. The only 07 team LP has left (Clemence) has a 22.60 index on youthsoccer, which is appreciably lower than all but one of the team's above (not counting Fever Vega, who has no rating). That's why I think LH took the bye back from LP (if LP didn't vacate it).

LH's rules for everything are basically:
A: Scenario 1
B: Scenario 2
C: then/pending/subject to LH committee decision

centre
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 30
Points : 1128
Join date : 2015-08-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Who gets into LH?

Post by ForReal on 23/07/18, 01:35 pm

centre wrote:
boflc wrote:That said, if there is a 5th D3 spot available for LHQT... one of the clubs is vacating the bye.  ... or my interpretation of the league rules is incorrect.

Your interpretation is not incorrect, but the league still retains some discretion as to honoring a club's bye. Typically, a bye is used by teams to attract replacement players or clubs to attract entire teams that are suitable for that level. But, if a club tries to give a bye to a team that is unsuited for play at a particular level (as determined by LH in reviewing that team's roster), LH can simply have the bye revert back to the league. The only 07 team LP has left (Clemence) has a 22.60 index on youthsoccer, which is appreciably lower than all but one of the team's above (not counting Fever Vega, who has no rating). That's why I think LH took the bye back from LP (if LP didn't vacate it).

LH's rules for everything are basically:
A: Scenario 1
B: Scenario 2
C: then/pending/subject to LH committee decision

If you are correct, then FCD North has been promoted to D2. Otherwise, a D3 bye was vacated.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 533
Points : 2841
Join date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Who gets into LH?

Post by centre on 24/07/18, 02:06 pm

ForReal, that would probably be the most reasonable thing to do from a competitive standpoint. LH can choose between promoting one more from D3 (D3 #3 FCD North Blue) or relegating one less from the D1 supergroup (to D2) (D1 #19 Solar Gonzo).

On their bye list, they seem to consider the promotees to be the bottom teams and the relegees to be the top teams. We know that's rarely the case as a practical matter, so I guess that's where the all-powerful LH discretion will come in.

https://cdn2.sportngin.com/attachments/document/0100/9552/teamdata__5_-updated-4web-bye-list.pdf

centre
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 30
Points : 1128
Join date : 2015-08-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Who gets into LH?

Post by ForReal on 27/07/18, 12:05 am

centre wrote:

B
FCD Venom 26.26
FCD Blue 21.47
Sting Heinz 26.45
Spurs 25.52

---

B: You would expect to see this sort of congestion on the first turn (Group D). If the Spurs want back into LH, they'll have to get past two teams a nose ahead of them. The goal differential from this group may turn out to be unkind.

I think everyone saw Bracket B as being tough, but didn’t expect the overall No. 2 seed to drop to No. 15 seed. Tough to recover from that. Looks like they’ll need to get past 3 teams...

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 533
Points : 2841
Join date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum