North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 9 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Page 9 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 24  Next

Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 9 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by schmuck 07/11/18, 04:26 pm

08soccerfollower wrote:Just as an observer, there still continues to be Allegiance conversation each week which I really do not understand, currently 08's are 12th in D1 and has only played 1 of the top 7 teams, although its my understanding he does directly coach the team in D2, they are 19th and still part of his program.  His 07's team is currently 7th in D1. Why not just a little more conversation about the top 5 or even top 10 teams....Just seems like an average independent club that does a nice job of recruiting at positions and continues the to be in the conversations because of his "world record video" posts and his "soon to be top in the nation" posts.....I do not have anything against his program and I am actually impressed with some of his teachings but he has yet prove any type of consistent winning in comparison to some of the elite programs that do it year in and year out.....just my 2 cents.

Maybe because it isn't just about winning, nor should it be, especially at this age.

schmuck
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 08soccerfollower 07/11/18, 05:27 pm

100% agreed, but the top 10 teams seem to be doing a pretty good job of developing their programs which ultimately leads to a few wins....But your right, I guess there is no conversations weekly about the "wins" or "losses" in the forums or in the the age brackets. I also suppose I have missed the weekly conversations about which teams will be picked over their opponents because they are more developed or more skilled without any wins or losses being discussed in the forums.

08soccerfollower
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LiverpoolDad 07/11/18, 09:17 pm

In this competitive league, it’s definitely about wins too. And you are correct, the teams that are winning are developing quite well. I think a lot of attention was given to allegiance because they were thought to be a top level team in the past. But I agree that they just aren’t playing like a top team (no matter how many US youth soccer passing records they break). They will probably remain a middle level team that will occasionally give top teams a tough matchup

LiverpoolDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by schmuck 08/11/18, 08:45 am

08soccerfollower wrote:100% agreed, but the top 10 teams seem to be doing a pretty good job of developing their programs which ultimately leads to a few wins....But your right, I guess there is no conversations weekly about the "wins" or "losses" in the forums or in the the age brackets.  I also suppose I have missed the weekly conversations about which teams will be picked over their opponents because they are more developed or more skilled without any wins or losses being discussed in the forums.

Yes, people on this forum tend to discuss a lot of things that don't have a very big impact on their child's soccer future. Winning Classic league will assure your child of nothing. Losing Classic league will assure your child of nothing. But our egos drive us to come on here and talk about how much better our son's team is compared to others. Other top 10 teams will generally focus more on winning than Pedro does. The big clubs will also automatically draw better, more athletic players than Pedro (not always, but generally). Those players will lead to more wins. One thing that is very important but is over looked by many is "soccer knowledge". Athletic ability at this age is the difference maker, but as the boys get older it will be the smarter players who shine. I wouldn't be so focused on who is winning at this age, but rather who is "learning" the right things, the right decisions. The execution may be off, but if the thought process is correct, execution will come. Yes, Classic league is the first really competitive league most have played in where places are handed out and many tend to believe that is what is important. I was there too when my oldest first went to Classic league. I've since learned. A lot of kids will shift to DA next year. Some will come from mid pack D3 teams. Some will cut it, some won't. DA won't post scores, nor will they care who wins. Development is what they are after. My kids never played for Pedro, but he is teaching his players how to play the game for when they hit 15+ years old. He is providing them with knowledge. The great equalizer is yet to come.............puberty. Once that hits, all bets are off as far as who is athletic, big, fast, etc.......After puberty you'll know what physical attributes your son will carry throughout the rest of his soccer career. One thing that puberty will have no effect on is "soccer knowledge". Pedro's players will all be very knowledgeable about the game and be smart players. When the boys are old enough for the games to actually matter Pedro's players may take your son's spot on the roster/field. That's when it matters, not U11. When Pedro posts things, he's not boasting that his teams are the best, he's boasting that they are on a different development path. Its all the parents on here who are continually saying they are going to win and putting the winning expectations on Allegiance, not Pedro. I'm pretty sure Pedro is completely satisfied with his teams from a development standpoint. Again, my kids don't play for him, never have, but I respect and get what he's doing. I wish there were more coaches like him around here. Us "forum experts" are the ones who need to stop putting Allegiance ahead of others from a scoreboard standpoint. We should also stop measuring all teams by scores and actually start paying attention to how these teams play, what is being emphasized by the coaches, how are the boys processing their decisions.....etc..... As a parent of past Classic leagues, no one ever talks about those years or those scores anymore. a faded memory. But we are seeing which kids can handle the top level and which ones are struggling. You can trace all those back to previous teams/coaches and how they were taught. Some kids came from top Classic league teams, but are struggling bad now. But, to each their own. I get it, it gives us something to do. Just keep all this in mind when you try to figure out why the expectations you put on a team may not be lived up to.

schmuck
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/11/18, 01:07 pm

The reason people talk about Allegiance is because they play soccer, the rest of the teams play what I guess you could call advanced recreational soccer. If Allegiance can keep their 08 team together they will be fantastic down the road. They are my favorite team to watch. It's very hard to play the way they do, and they are getting better.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfanatic2008 10/11/18, 02:09 pm

AtThePitch wrote:I predict they don't play this weekend.

And your Suarez pick.. lol

My Suarez pick still making you laugh?? Very Happy It would have been a 2 goal loss if not for a garbage time goal at the end by FCD Suarez

soccerfanatic2008
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 10/11/18, 03:49 pm

soccerfanatic2008 wrote:
AtThePitch wrote:I predict they don't play this weekend.

And your Suarez pick.. lol

My Suarez pick still making you laugh??  Very Happy    It would have been a 2 goal loss if not for a garbage time goal at the end by FCD Suarez

Yes it does... Because you took the time to go back to it just to ask. LOL
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/11/18, 05:01 pm

TxRMC wrote:The reason people talk about Allegiance is because they play soccer, the rest of the teams play what I guess you could call advanced recreational soccer.  If Allegiance can keep their 08 team together they will be fantastic down the road.  They are my favorite team to watch.  It's very hard to play the way they do, and they are getting better.

I agree. My son's team practices possession all week then in the games they play wild chaos back and forth long ball. Well they will make one or two passes before it becomes a long ball muscle game. Today they actually put together 3 passes that ended with a goal. The 1st time I watched that Allegiance team play at the beginning of the season on one possession they put together 30-40 passes ending with a goal. I couldn't believe it, it was beautiful. After that I tried to catch all their games and I've seen them put together several 20-30-40 pass possessions ending with a goal. There is not another D1 team that can do that.

I have wondered how the Allegiance coach is getting his boys to pass so well. I thought it could be that he tells them if you don't pass you are on the bench but there are no subs on their bench. LOL

I talked to my son about checking out Allegiance after this spring season but he has close friends on his team plus Allegiance is in Tarrant County and it would be a 90 minute or 2 hour one way car ride depending on traffic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tahoe08SoccerMom 10/11/18, 06:39 pm

Schmuck cheers “get older it will be the smarter players who shine”!!!

Pedro’s kids are so well coached they’ll carry that knowledge with them far beyond classic league!! Wish we lived closer to his practice fields.

Tahoe08SoccerMom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/11/18, 11:54 am

LiverpoolDad wrote:In this competitive league, it’s definitely about wins too. And you are correct, the teams that are winning are developing quite well. I think a lot of attention was given to allegiance because they were thought to be a top level team in the past. But I agree that they just aren’t playing like a top team (no matter how many US youth soccer passing records they break). They will probably remain a middle level team that will occasionally give top teams a tough matchup

My son's team is winning but they are NOT developing well. They are winning playing hail mary long ball soccer. My son's team completes around 20-30 passes for the entire game at best, Allegiance completes 200-400 passes per game. That my friend is soccer, that my friend is developing your players. Racking up wins playing long ball foot race soccer is not developing anything but a W in a meaningless youth soccer league. How many passes per game does your son's team complete? I've seen the Allegiance team in one possession complete 40 passes ending with a goal. I doubt your son's team could do that, I bet they struggle to complete 40 passes per game like my kid's team.

Back to top Go down

Post by LiverpoolDad 11/11/18, 02:15 pm

Ive seen some of the top teams put together tons of passes before scoring goals. I didn’t stand and count like you and Pedro do, but if you watch teams like the kicks and solar McKinney, they both play possession type games. So while it may be true that allegiance is developing better than some of the teams that beat them, you cannot discard the fact that a few other teams are both developing AND winning games.

LiverpoolDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AttaBoy 12/11/18, 06:37 pm

Did anyone catch the Solar McKinney vs Texans game? Surprised by that result. Texans haven’t impressed me at all this year. Figured Solar would blow them out.

AttaBoy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfanatic2008 12/11/18, 10:52 pm

I saw it. Went like this: Solar had like 90 percent possesion, but again, could not put the ball in the net. At least 2 shots off the post and 2 breakaway opportunities wasted. Texans got first goal off a rebound of a saved free kick. Their second goal was actually a great shot from the outside of the box. Solar came back strong and tied the game 2-2. Game ended with a texans free kick that was an easy save for the keeper. Had there been a tew more minutes, solar probably gets a few more scoring opportunities Texans did a good job of hanging in there. They didn't have many opportunities, but they did well when they had the chances

soccerfanatic2008
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Miyagi 13/11/18, 09:14 am

LiverpoolDad wrote:Ive seen some of the top teams put together tons of passes before scoring goals. I didn’t stand and count like you and Pedro do, but if you watch teams like the kicks and solar McKinney, they both play possession type games. So while it may be true that allegiance is developing better than some of the teams that beat them, you cannot discard the fact that a few other teams are both developing AND winning games.  

Oh so this week, the Dallas Kicks are a top team? LOL.
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/11/18, 10:34 am

Why do people on here mock the Allegiance coach for posting videos and counting passes? Could it be jealously or fear? Man, if we lived closer to Tarrant County I would have my kid try out with Allegiance. Soon Allegiance will be doing this to all the top D1 long ball teams. They are absolutely a top soccer team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0ofK4K0IFI

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/11/18, 11:31 am

Oh my the Allegiance 07s are playing brilliant soccer. Should we consider this a preview of what the Allegiance 08 team will be next year?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h1A6NevbCU

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfanatic2008 13/11/18, 12:17 pm

Scuba, although Pedro is instilling the same style of play with his 07’s and 08’s, these are 2 totally diffeeent levels of teams. Pedro’s 07 team dominated even as u10’s and u11’s which is not the case for his 08’s.

soccerfanatic2008
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfanatic2008 13/11/18, 02:08 pm

Scuba, that video you posted of the Allegiance 08 team was against one of the bottom 3 teams in D1. How does that make you believe they are a top team and will soon be doing that against the current top teams?

soccerfanatic2008
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Badknees 13/11/18, 03:06 pm

Seems that McKinney has dropped a little struggling over the last month or so. What has change or What are they missing from the start of the season where they were killing teams? From the times I’ve seen them play they have a stacked team.

Badknees
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfanatic2008 13/11/18, 03:22 pm

It seems that lately McKinney has just had trouble finishing their opportunities. Plus I am sure that every opponent brings their best game when it’s time to play them. They are still a dominant team. Their tournament history is outstanding. But with other teams improving, I’m curious to see if any team steps up and starts performing in tournaments. Classic league is one thing, but it’s a long season. A lot of ranking points get earned from tournaments as well. This weekend should have a lot of good games considering the teams currently signed up for the SuperCopa qualifying division of the U90 League Challenge Cup. This was an outstanding tournament last year and should be the same this year.

soccerfanatic2008
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AttaBoy 13/11/18, 05:41 pm

All this talk of Allegiance kills me. They barely have enough to field a team. All of you Allegiance fans should make the drive to go play for Pedro. He’d appreciate it I’m sure. He needs players desperately form what I can tell. If you love them as much as you say you do on this forum, the drive should be worth it for you.

AttaBoy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Miyagi 13/11/18, 11:50 pm

soccerfanatic2008 wrote:It seems that lately McKinney has just had trouble finishing their opportunities. Plus I am sure that every opponent brings their best game when it’s time to play them. They are still a dominant team. Their tournament history is outstanding. But with other teams improving, I’m curious to see if any team steps up and starts performing in tournaments.  Classic league is one thing, but it’s a long season. A lot of ranking points get earned from tournaments as well.  This weekend should have a lot of good games considering the teams currently signed up for the SuperCopa qualifying  division of the U90 League Challenge Cup. This was an outstanding tournament last year and should be  the same this year.

With Dallas hosting the Supercopa in 2019, I figured we would have more of the top teams in Classic league participating in the qualification bracket of the U90 League Challenge Cup tournament this year. I was hoping to see some more clashes between these teams prior to the winter break as a prequel to the spring portion of the league.
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 08soccerfollower 14/11/18, 08:08 am

With the schedules out for the Challenge Cup and Supercopa QT I am shocked to see a very strong Evolution team playing down in what essentially is a D2 bracket especially coming off their last 2 weeks of impressive wins....I do not get that at all....also I do not see the Allegiance 08 D1 team, anyone know what’s up with that?

08soccerfollower
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Miyagi 14/11/18, 08:35 am

08soccerfollower wrote:With the schedules out for the Challenge Cup and Supercopa QT I am  shocked to see a very strong Evolution team playing  down in what essentially is a D2 bracket especially coming off their last 2 weeks of impressive wins....I do not get that at all....also I do not see the  Allegiance 08 D1 team, anyone know what’s up  with that?

Yeah, that doesn’t make a lot of sense with Evolution. While I don’t think they are quite strong enough to win the Supercopa bracket, I do think they would have been very competitive.
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Miyagi 14/11/18, 08:37 am

I’m also surprised that teams like Texans Salazar and Liverpool Heighway skipped this tournament altogether.
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by schmuck 14/11/18, 09:28 am

AttaBoy wrote:All this talk of Allegiance kills me. They barely have enough to field a team. All of you Allegiance fans should make the drive to go play for Pedro. He’d appreciate it I’m sure. He needs players desperately form what I can tell. If you love them as much as you say you do on this forum, the drive should be worth it for you.

So you see "barely enough to field a team" as an issue? A lot see that as "playing time". He keeps his roster small to maximize playing time. Pedro, like everyone else, wants to reach as many kids as possible so yeah, he recruits. You are right, the drive should be worth it to some. It has never been worth it to me for my boys because I've felt they are/were with solid coaches already. If they weren't, I would have made that move. However, that is always in my back pocket should things change. Don't get your panties in a wad simply because people enjoy the soccer he is teaching his boys. Stop watching the score board and start watching how they play, what they are trying to do, and how they are developing. Obviously they haven't perfected it, who has? Even professionals continue to practice. But these boys are 11 years old and younger. Their soccer IQ is probably tops in the league, but if you only watch the scoreboard, well, that says it all.

schmuck
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 24  Next